Dragon Riders

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the door opened Tam stumbled and fell right into the... her eyes were so messed up with the smoke and stinging tears rolled down her dirty cheeks smearing into a muddy mess as she used a balled up fist to wipe them clear. The smoke had made her talk a bit deaper than usual in tone just to get past the choking and gasping she had to do to clear her foggy head. "I stowed away just before take off, now I (A coughing fit takes over) wish I had stayed behind for a differant flight."
Quickly she backed away from the contact and moved off to breath in good air.

Stunned a bit from her, the man stood wearily and used a floating cup holder to help her clean out her throat. He held her and looked down, "we need to swim to that sandbar, okay?"

"Uh well, I don't know how to swim." Tam said as she looked around at the new threat.

"Can you float?" He asked, "we need to go before this thing either burns or sinks."

The boy darted off to help a voice Veneranda couldn't pinpoint. She just smiled and fell onto her back. "Così parla inglese." She laughed to herself for a moment before closing her eyes. She soon found herself dozing off.

"S'wounds! Rise, ye maiden, for the shores recede on yonder tide! Lest thine ears be filled with brine!"

"Nuovo quella voce maledetta," she cursed, rising to stand on the beach. Her dress was heavy, her hair was sodden. Good think she kept a comb in her purse. Although most of her other personal effects were ruined, her comb was probably fine. She didn't want her hair to get all curled up and tangled in itself, so she immediately took to combing out the moist, wavy hair. It was straight from the water soaking it, but it would curl up soon enough and she'd have to brush it again. She had dyed it white a few years ago and let the dye keep. It had slightly stained her scalp, so some hairs ended up growing alabaster.

She cleared her throat and combed a hand through her hair to naturalize it, before speaking loudly. "Hallo? Is anyone here okay?" She knew the boy was fine, but he had left to help someone else. A good kid, by her judgement, but she had figured everyone who hadn't washed up by now to be dead. Nothing to cry about - this sort of death toll was a statistic. She'd want to bury the bodies, but she doubted the survivors would find them all. She sighed and found a rock to sit on. There was no point in mourning. She didn't want to mourn. She was alive. People survived. She was one of the people who survived. "Figlio di puttana, everything hurts..."

"I..I'll try, just don't let go!" Tamara grabbed hold of him and held on for dear life.

The man held onto her and slid them into the warm water. When she panicked, he hugged her closer, "look, I got you!"

The skinny boyish girl started to sink almost imeadiatly. If it haden't been for the man holding her up she would surely have dround. "I..I Oh god, please don't let go!" before she knew it they were at the sand bar and Tamara was gasping out the last of her strength, tempted to kiss the sand. Go ahead, you deserve it and more, I am proud to be yours! Looking up quickly she asked, "Did you say something?"

Luna forced herself to roll off the bush landing on her hands and knees she listens for any survivors or predators near by. Hearing a girl speaking a different language ahead she stands up slowly every muscle in her body screaming in pain and stumbles toward the sound of the girls voice. Her breathing hard and labored she stumbles out of the jungle to the beach, at least thats what it felt and smelled like from the sand and ocean spray. Luna calls out in a breathless voice "Hello!? Is anybody there?! Are there any survivors??"

Last edited:
There was a ripple of movement deeper in the ocean. It was something big. One large azure head and a green eye briefly glanced at them, My Rider has come! was Velinda's thoughts.

Andrew shook his head, "no...Why?"

Alex seemed to have been the unluckiest bastard in the world. Chased by the CPS, caught up in a gang war, got in deep with the cartels, only to get on the one plane in the world that had to crash on a deserted island. Not to mention that he had been thrown (along with the plane's tail) from one end of the island to a large forest in the center. "Clear path back to the beach, though." He could see in the distance several other people struggling to their feet, clearly in some form of pain (HA! He'd been nice and comfortable spinning around in his plane tail. Until it hit the ground. That hurt). And then the Loch Ness Monster popped out of the water. "Now if only I had a camera." Find me. Right. Little lizard, snake, bird thing to defend. Back on track, Alex sprinted off into the forest. He was also not too keen on becoming fish food.

Silia heard someone answer her calls. She looked over to see a man walking towards her. She gasped when she saw the branch protruding from his arm. He asked her if she was okay, but she could only give him a nod due to the fact that she was staring at his arm, "A-Are YOU okay?" She asked, reaching out for him. She didn't know if he was dizzy or not, but she felt that she needed to help him sit down. She looked back at the plane that laid in it's fiery grave. It was obvious that the the water was starting to put the fire but yet it was still strong.

She felt a little dizzy herself...what could've caused the plane to crash? Why was she still alive? She looked a the boy and felt a wave of relief finally go over her; she wasn't the only one alive. "You should sit down." She said. She was starting to calm down, but then again, the thought of her not being alone in this place was a great relief.​

Damian had the strange urge to laugh despite the plane being engulfed in fire and the whole ordeal of a branch sticking out of his arm. He gratefully took the girl's help while he lowered himself down then let out a sigh of pain once he was fully seated, "Luckily it didn't hit any vital blood veins, though when it comes out I'm not sure how much blood will flow out," he replied. He brought his hand up and gingerly touched the branch resulting in a hiss of pain escaping from his lips; when it was time for the branch to come out it wasn't going to be a pleasant feeling. 'You won't die, you are the rider of death itself,' chuckled a voice in his head, he grimaced. Great first the plane crashes, he gets a branch through his arm and now his mind has conjured a malicious voice to speak with him.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Silia put her hands on her mouth as she sat down next to him, "What are we going to do when we have to take it out!?" She said. She then snapped her fingers, "We can make a tourniquet first!" She suggested. She knew something about first aid, but wasn't a doctor...obviously. She looked weirdly at him as he grimaced, "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked again. She looked down at her own injuries, which were small compared to his. Suddenly, a gruff voice filled her head, Find me in the Shadows.

She looked towards the jungle and tilted her head. Was she going delusional? Was she really dead? Is this what heaven looked like to people who died in plane crashes? She mentally shook the thought from her mind, and looked back at him.​

The water serpent was annoyed he hadn't heard her yet. Her body was gigantic under the water, and she had been circling the craft for almost twenty minutes now! Rider, come to me, Please! Velinda was young by dragon standards, and was very giddy at this point. Her wings flapped under the water, her body quivering in anticipation as she waited to have someone see her finally. When none did, she decided to take the more direct approach. She shot forwards underwater and her snake-like body slithered until she was maybe 40 yards offshore, which was as far as she wanted to go. Without another thought, she burst out of the water, and spread her azure wings, roaring to everyone on the beach and around it.

The dragon had a long body and a slightly longer tail than most dragons. To have that, her wings were shorter, and her snout was longer. She had blue scales that went all the way across her body, which blended with the sea. Her eyes matched her scales, and the white was the only thing able to tell them apart. Along her legs, wings and back, little orange and yellow specks dotted her in a symmetrical pattern, giving her the appearance of a reef. All in all, she was a majestic creature. But with her jaws open in a roar, she looked ready to kill.

The dragon, Velinda, ignored everyone staring and screaming at her on the beach and found the sandbar she had placed her rider on. Ignoring the young girl, Velinda sheathed her teeth and picked the screaming boy off his feet and held onto him with her gums. Then she and the man dissapeared into the waves, leaving only the echo of his screams and a terrified air on the beach.

"That could work," he replied while he slowed his breathing hoping it would lessen the amount of pain he was feeling. He turned his own attention to her and gave a small smile, "I think so, I just feel a little light headed," he stated while he pulled out a small branch out from underneath him. His body instantly jumped causing him more pain and for blood to suddenly start trickling out of his wound. "Gah!" he wrapped his hand around the branch and applied pressure, "What the hell was that? It was not like any animal I've heard before," he growled.

"Hello!? Is anybody there?! Are there any survivors?"

Veneranda perked up and stood, slowly approaching the voice. "Salve! Er, I'm Veneranda Nascimbeni." She walked over, her feet sucking into the sands. She almost tripped before she decided to take her shoes off and put them in her purse. The sands were warm and comfortable to her feet. The voice who asked for her was that of a girl, she stood like a shade, but she was discernable. "Come si chiama, ragazza?"

But then there was the dragon coming from the brine. That sent Veneranda shivering, but she didn't look behind her, just stood there shakily.

Last edited:
That was it, she was out of her gourd! It...it was huge! No, no no, no, She had gone and lost her mind and was burnt to ash in the plain or having one last bad dream before she went to... well, where ever you go after ya die. Sitting where she had flopped down, open mouthed and staring at the water where the fellow had been pulled under by that that thing, Tamara didn't know what to do or even how to do it. All her short life she had fought for survival, yeah, but in the city, not out here.

(Chuckling sounds came in her head) It was her personal demon again, that was what she had decided to call the voice that taunted her now and then since the crash began. There was a slight rippling in her peripheral vision off to her left and she glanced over, then shot strait up to her feet and ran to the far side of the sand bar too scared to scream.

"Wh..who are uh you?" The last word came out as a squeak as her larynx began to shut down. Before her sat the most brilliant peacock of a giant bird...no wait, it wasn't a bird! (Again the voice in her head chuckled only louder this time.)

'No, you are not dreaming, no I am not a peacock, but thank you for the compliment! I am your dragon and you are my rider.' 'It' said in her head and some how it felt right. Calming down a bit she took a moment to really look at the beast in front of her. He was rather big but sort of...fluffy. Not quite fur, not quite feathers and sort of scaly and kinda blue but not... like a peacock, all iridescent and shiny. Tam unconsciously stuck out her bottom lip and nodded her approval of the dragon. Of course being conceited, as he always was, Straneth puffed up and preaned in the glory of his self image in her eyes.

Velinda did not waste anytime dragging him to the crushing depths of the ocean. The dragon took great care not to hurt him with her large jaws, which could easily hold him and another person comfortably. Oddly, as she dragged him past the point of no return for most people, he did not feel any need to breathe. In fact, he sucked in water and he didn't even feel anything. The touch of Velinda was enough to not only grant him the abillity to breath underwater, pressure and the need to close his eyes were not present.

Not that he noticed any of this as the dragon was still swimming faster than any known creation down into the depths. They were headed for an abyss, a dark trench he thought could never end. Without a thought of hesitation, the dragon plunged between the crevices, taking him down into the ocean. If he could be heard, he would be screaming so loud it would hurt his throat later on.

Velinda led him into a cave where the air pressure would normally kill someone like him. Using her nostrils, she blew a large bubble of air into the cavern, large enough for him. She quickly pushed him into it, which he shook himself. The dragon eyed him in both happiness and a little hurt as Andrew was struggling to get away.

I've waited so long to see you! I know, I know. I should've waited another day, maybe two for you to get to know these people. But you're special! You do not fear the water, I could feel it! I knew you were going to be my rider from the moment that I saw you! Andrew heard her voice inside his head and freaked. Then the dragon just kept going on, I'm Velinda, daughter of Valinesha, the greatest water dragon of the sea! I'm so glad the meet you Andrew!

Andrew didn't know what was worse: being stuck deep inside the ocean in which he knew he'd never swim out of alive, or being talked to by a mythical giddy creature spouting nonsense.

Luna hearing a response from the same girl as she heard before turns toward the persons voice her dark blue but clouded eyes unfocused. Hearing the girl speak a different language she frowns "Hello, Im Luna Blade. I uh I dont speak that language....I only speak English" her voice is polite but confused. She rubs her arm in a nervous manner but when her hand comes in contact with a large shard of glass embedded in her bicep she gasps softly. Her adrenaline rush dissipating all of her injuries start to flood to her making her fall to her knees in pain her long wavy blonde hair falling around her. She can feel many small and large glass shards embedded throughout her body, in her back, legs, arms, even one in her side against her ribs but that one was small. Luna feels herself getting somewhat weak from the many gashes and cuts causing minor blood loss.

Luna faintly hears the panic and screams of some people and an odd splashing sound coming from what she assumed was the ocean. Suddenly a deep commanding voice intrudes on her thoughts "It seems my spell worked...Though I apologize for the injuries those I could not prevent. But you will live my rider, I have waited many many years for you, I will show you the path of flame that even your sightless eyes will see". Luna was even more confused now, something had been speaking to her....In her MIND, what was this island? And why did that male voice call her his rider??​

Status
Not open for further replies.