Dragon Riders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the girl blind? "Ah, mi dispiace, ragazza. I didn't know you were blind. Here," she says, placing the cloth in the girl's hand. She made sure it was secure in her palm before letting go, smiling with hooded eyes, showing worry - not that Luna saw at the time. She looked up at the shadows flying overhead. There were many of many different forms. Some wyvernal, some draconian. A wyvern was bee-lining to her overhead. "Merda, dove diavolo siame?"

"Fear not, milady, 'tis I, the voice in thine head."

"Stronzo, uscire dalla mia testa!" Veneranda became flustered and stepped back from Luna as she said that out loud. "Porca miseria, ever since we got here, I've been hearing this voice in my head. I can hardly understand it sometimes, it speaks in something that sounds like English, I think, but I have no idea what it's saying!"

"Soft, milady, and watch thy tongue. I speak in tongues you comprehend."

"Then how come I hardly understand you?" She managed to keep this in her head.

"But thou understood that, wherefore thou doth comprehend."

"What? I have no clue as to what you said just now!" This slipped through her lips, however.

"Said I anything at all? To the others, you sound like a madwoman with a voice which speaketh to her in her waking hours."

"Why are you doing this?" She was able to stay silent.

"Cast down thy doubts. Lift your gaze hence, milady."

Veneranda looked up and saw a wyvern circling overhead, but not landing yet. "Come down, then, lucertola muto!"

"Fie upon thy tongue. Not yet."

"Vai a farti fottere," she cursed defiantly, raising the middle digit of her left hand towards the silhouette in the sky.

Last edited:
Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
"Okay, so, show me what you've learned." The dragon looked up at him. My name is Alamuerte, the Deathwing, named so because I killed a rat with my wing. Your name is Alexander Martinez. And you're an assface for attacking me with a sharpened stick that can barely qualify as a spear. "Hey, I didn't teach you that." But this thing learned quickly. Of course I do. That's my shtick. I'm a dragon. "Seriously, where do you learn this stuff?" I'm talking in your head. You think I can't read it? "You can?" Like an open book. Oh, if only that Italian woman knew.... "Get out of there you little mutant gecko!" Ha! "Okay, okay, so you've learned enough." Alex looked around. "So, uh. Any idea what to do now?" Well, a storm's coming. "How can you tell?" Well, the thunderheads out to the east might be a clue... He turned around. "Okay. So, shelter?" Shelter. There's a nice and comfy cave in that mountain over to the west. "Right." Something suddenly occurred to Alex. "I know this might be an inopportune time to ask this, but.... Are you a dude or a chick?" It looked up at him. Pardon? "Okay, let's take a look." He lifted Alamuerte's tail (much to its protest), and quickly turned away. "Yup, it's a girl!" I feel strangely violated. The voice in his head that had been mostly sexless now sounded more feminine. "Yeah, well I just glanced at your junk, you should feel violated. Now where's that cave? I'm tired." They started walking towards the nearby tower of rock that Muerte had called a mountain. "And I hope you have some sort of food with you." Of course. "Where?" Alex replied, suddenly excited at the possibility of eating something other than plane food. Muerte vomited up some saliva-covered rat bones that had some limited meat hanging to them. Go ahead, I don't mind. "Ah, sick!"

Silia nodded and took a deep breath. She looked around for dry wood and was glad that it was easy to find. She grabbed it and nearly dropped it when she looked into the woods to see glowing red eyes stare at her. Her face went pale and she turned around slowly. She had to get it together! She was going crazy now! She made her way back and instantly went to work getting the piece of wood on fire. She struck the match over and over until a flame erupted.

"Okay." She said and looked at him. "This is probably going to hurt... a lot." She said and with that, she put the burning wood onto his flesh. She could hear the sizzle of the skin as it started to burn. The smell of burnt flesh filled the air.​

Before he could let out a scream of pain he bit down on the sides of his mouth while his fists balled up in the sand, the pain was so great he also lost consciousness. When she pulled the branch out and extinguished its flame, Damian's vision was blurry and his now shut wound still felt like it was being burned; he coughed then rested his head against the tree behind him as he took small shallow breathes.

"Well, its a hole in the earth! What did you expect me to say?!" Hands balled into fists set on her hips and legs set wide apart, she looks like a...pirate...nah... Straneth shook his head and neck to clear the image of his last rider, she was not him. She did have his attitude and spunk though. Those were the qualities he cherished most in partners. It had been a long time since the last one too and he had grown so lonely. Yes, he really was happy with his choice! At that moment there was a 'whack' as a stick of wood bounced off his left horn.

"Are you LISTENING to MEEE?! I want to go back now please!" Again the chin came out and the almost whine in her voice, that part he wasn't so fond of. Well, they had time and he had lots of patience...

Silia pulled away and breathed out. She looked at him, "Are you okay?" She asked. She didn't know what she could do for him. There wasn't any fresh water around here, not that she could see. She was breathing heavily as well, as everything was starting to come back to her.

Velinda made sure Andrew was secure on her back, What is the ocean to you, young man? "Young man?" He asked in response, be decided it wasn't worth pursuing, "The ocean is a scary world, where the blue depths will fade to black. The life and vibrancy that we love is only at the bare edges, where the kiss of the sun will strike. Then, further down, monsters will form, grow larger, and worse. The situation is rough and creatures will come to literally tear off your flesh and kill you. leaving you dead." It was odd, for he was speaking with his mouth full of water, and yet one would be able to hear him perfectly. He also did not take a breath during the whole metaphor. Dragon magic was strong in Velinda, seeing as she was the daughter of the queen of the ocean realm, or so she claimed. You are so misguided! She laughed inside his brain, then they shot out into the water faster than any other living creature would dare to match.

Once his vision cleared he raised up his hand and gave her a shaky thumbs up, "I should be find for now..." he croaked then pushed back to where his back was now against the tree. He carefully examined around the burn then tore off another piece of fabric; he wrapped it around his shoulder so nothing could pester it or rip the burn open.

Last edited by a moderator:
[dash=steelblue]

[/dash]​
[dash=steelblue]
[dash=steelblue]This time she didn't hide so deeply in the furry feathers and watched with awe as the world sped past, "Wow! We really came this far? You gotta be the fastest thing ever! What's that down there?"
Tam leaned slightly forward and pointed at a pile of planks and cording that had once, perhaps been man made and possibly even a ship. A very very old type of ship, she squinted her eyes at the disappearing pile as they sped past.

It was a ship, yes, a Barque class of ship named The Heritage. One of my former riders use to sail aboard her in the days long past. Sad that the thing had rotted away, it was an interesting vessel. Further inquiries about the ship or Straneth's former rider only met up with silence. Evidently it was a sore spot the dragon didn't wish to have bothered.
[/dash][/dash]

Silia smiled, "Good." She leaned back against the tree as well. She looked at the wreck and swallowed hard, "What could've caused the crash?" She said, her face still pale. She had a weird feeling about this island, but she couldn't put her finger on it.​

Damian rubbed his chin while he thought about several things that could have caused the plane to crash. "Well, the pilots could have fallen asleep, something could have went through one of the turbines and got stuck. Or it could have just been a mechanical error within the plane's system," he suggested.

Silia nodded and put her hands on her face. Whatever had happened, she wasn't sure why she was alive... Come to me. She jumped suddenly and looked around again. She could feel an ominous feeling coming over her. Come to me, rider. She wasn't imagining it this time; someone was calling to her!​

"You're awfully jumpy," he stated while he watched her quickly look around their surroundings. "But I guess after what we went through anybody would act the same way," he yawned then moved his hands to place them on his lap.

"I-I keep hearing a voice." She admitted. She knew that sounded crazy, but she wasn't lying. Someone was talking to her! She looked at him, "Don't you hear it?"

Luna took the cloth gently "Thank you, its okay It happens a lot". Luna put the cloth over the wound on her bicep biting her cheek to keep from crying out as the salt burned into her wound. She ties the strip around her arm tight using her free hand and teeth her breathing getting heavy from the pain. She frowns hearing the girl sometimes speak in English then in her language but it didint seem to be directed at her, Maybe there was another person close by them?
Luna heard the voice once again "I be here youngling I dare not venture out to the sand I do not wish to anger others by approaching there territory. Come to me I am close by you in the jungle. Come with speed I do not wish my rider to suffer so"
Luna frowned pondering what to do for a moment but as the pain and burning invades her thoughts she decides to do the voices bidding, what other choice do I have? Not like this can get any worse....Or any weirder. She forces herself to stand wobbling slightly "Veneranda I uh...I have to go. I hope to meet you again soon, thank you for your help". Luna starts walking into the jungle stumbling every now and then careful to hear for any predators or other people.

Damian just blinked at her for a few moments, she was hearing a voice too?! "No, I don't hear anything at all. What is the voice saying?" he asked but suddenly a chill erupted throughout his entire body, like something was watching him with amusement.

Veneranda frowns disappointedly, but waves goodbye, slow smiling as she left her on the beach. "Addio!" She had made a friend, someone who didn't toy with her by talking into her mind and speaking gibberish while flying overhead. Like this Scherzo fellow, whoever he was. Scherzo means "play", and she remembers from the Second Grade of Secondary School (that's High School to you) that there was some raving lunatic during the Renaissance named Shaky Spear or something like that. He often wrote plays in England and France.

So this entity's identity is a joke. Scherzo also means joke so it's a double joke.

Veneranda thought of this and started laughing raucously. He speaks like he's in a play, his name is play, it's a play on words, and his identity is a joke. Literally. Veneranda had never heard a more humorous pun in all her life. She decided she liked this guy.

"Pray tell why thou causes such an uproar?"

"I just figured out your name. You're pretty smart for a big, dumb lizard."

"Fie, why doth thou mock the name I chose myself?"

"So that wasn't your intent?"

"Well, it was, but..."

"Then stop complaining."

That shut the voice up for a bit. Even for a girl who didn't understand King's English, she was quite bright. Intelligent, to say the least. Veneranda decided she felt a lot better now that she had a good laugh at the giant lizard's expense. Life seemed better for a moment.

"No, I don't hear anything at all."

Veneranda perked up as she heard others talking along the beach. Hopefully these people wouldn't be such a bummer, now that she was in good spirits. She made her way to the voices to greet them.

"Ciao! Parli italiano?" she asked as she closed the gap.

Silia closed her eyes and leaned her head back. It was almost like a pressure was upon her as the voice spoke to her again. Are you afraid? The voice would always start off with a low hum before the words came. It made her nervous, but instead of speaking aloud, she said in her mind; Yes.

The darkness will help you. Come to me.

Who are you!? She screamed in her mind.

Come to me, in the shadows.

She looked at the man, and knew that she couldn't just up and leave him. He was injured!​

'Get up now, stop squandering my time ,rider, and find me!' the voiced roared in his mind, Damian immediately grasped his head and let out another low hiss of pain. Man, whatever this voice was it was really a major pain in the ass, Damian slowly heaved himself up to a standing position and gripped his shoulder. "I think this is were we part ways for now, I seems you have something you must do and so do I," he calmly stated then looked toward the direction he could feel the voice coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silia looked at him as he let out a hiss and then nodded as he suggested that they go their own ways. She looked towards the forest and made her way towards the darkest spots. The voice said that the shadows would be her safety, so she wanted to get into the shadows. Why I am I believing a voice in my head!? I could've been hallucinating! She thought to herself. As she walked, the temperature seemed to fall. She rubbed her arms and looked around. "Hello?" She yelled, not sure what would answer; if anything would answer.

Closer.

Silia stopped and looked around. "Hello?" She said again.

Closer. The voice said again.

She could hear a low rumbling noise behind her, and whipped around. She gasped and fell to the ground as she saw what was before her. A massive black creature with red eyes stared at her. It had scales and spikes, which were red at the tips. When it moved, the scales shimmered and hot air was emanating from it. Rider. I am BaneFyre. You're Dragon.

"Dragon!?" She screamed.​

Status
Not open for further replies.