Donald Trump is now the official Republican Nominee

• Thread starter MurderDeathKill
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in comparison to Trump and his fans...
It's a risk I'd take.
Fair enough. I can't speak for the other locals but if you do make it over here..

welcometosg.gif

The humidity is no joke.

Mostly ITT

Feels like the equivalent of a sandwich sign that says THE END IS NIGH. Doomsayers and traitors. Wanting to abandon your homes and livelihoods because you disagree with a man that has the support of a good portion of the country.

HE HASNT EVEN DONE ANYTHING YET.

Even I just want to stop hearing about it all and wait to see what happens.

People with different ideas and dislikes aren't traitors. It was meant as a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another piece of relevancy , listen to the lyrics

@Windsong traitors? What? You do realize that vehemently disagreeing with a lot of other people and the apparent direction your country is heading in isn't actually considered treason outside of oppressive authoritarian regimes that try to police thought crimes, right? Because by rational standards I think it's probably just a basic expression of a person's First Amendment rights, not a betrayal of the nation. :|

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
@Windsong traitors? What? You do realize that vehemently disagreeing with a lot of other people and the apparent direction your country is heading in isn't actually considered treason outside of oppressive authoritarian regimes that try to police thought crimes, right? Because by rational standards I think it's probably just a basic expression of a person's First Amendment rights, not a betrayal of the nation. :|
I am sorry that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

It was supposed to be an over exaggerated idea made in jest.

I am sorry that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

It was supposed to be an over exaggerated idea made in jest.
Well then. Looks like I got hoodwinked by Poe's Law there. GJ sounding authentically ridiculous with your humor. :P

Well then. Looks like I got hoodwinked by Poe's Law there. GJ sounding authentically ridiculous with your humor. :P
I'm sorry again..

Everyone else seems to have lost their mind suddenly. To me it feels like a Thursday..

I'm sorry again..

Everyone else seems to have lost their mind suddenly. To me it feels like a Thursday..
Nope. It's just that sort of week. I keep asking if it's a full moon, but I think the world has just gone crazy.

Mostly ITT

Feels like the equivalent of a sandwich sign that says THE END IS NIGH. Doomsayers and traitors. Wanting to abandon your homes and livelihoods because you disagree with a man that has the support of a good portion of the country.

People with different ideas and dislikes aren't traitors. It was meant as a joke.

I'm pretty sure Kim Jong Un's list of achievements is more authentic and based on truth than your average Huffpost article.

Mostly ITT

But he has done things! The president of the United States is our representative to the world, and while you might not believe we need the world to have a favorable opinion of our leaders, we do. But I'm going to skip past that for now, because he's already proven that he knows nothing about foreign policy.

His stance on abortion- Claimed that if abortion was illegal a woman should go to jail for getting one. Now, I can understand a fine, because yes, it's illegal, but if she's willing to break the law for a procedure, something a lot worse than jail has already happened to her, at least in most circumstances. That stance alone is absolutely heartless, and he knew it was which is why he recanted the statement. But it's already been said. You can't change your mind just because the majority doesn't agree with you.

The Wall- Probably what a great majority of his supporters are counting on (At least the racist ones). It's already been estimated that the wall would cost over his original figure of four billion. Okay, so he's not good at math, I can understand that. I was short $10 on my rent because my math sucks. I felt kind of stupid running out to get a $10 money order to make u the difference. Anyway, forget the math and money, let's look at his idea for getting Mexico to pay for the wall.

The last article I read (I'll have to go dig it up if you guys want a reference) broke down his idea for making Mexico pay, and it went like this: We all know that most illegal and even legal immigrants send a good portion of the money they earn back to Mexico for their families. Trumps idea was to add security measures like those of a bank money transfer to wiring services like Western Union and Money Gram. If you can't produce all the ID necessary, they can't send the money. If I recall correctly, there was a fee to be added as well. In order to prevent security measures and fees, Mexico would have to pay for the wall. (This is a bit of a grade school explanation, but I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet.)

I believe later on he came up with another idea dealing with Mexico's trade deficit, which sounded a bit more plausible, but still, not likely to happen.

The point is, not everyone dislikes Trump because we think he's scum. Do I think he's scum? I don't know him personally, but from his TV personality and just appearance alone, I probably wouldn't like him as a person. But that's not why I wouldn't vote for him. I wouldn't vote for him because he really doesn't have any idea what he's doing. He's like a high schooler running for president of the student body with a campaign based on soda machines in every classroom and naptime every other period. He's telling people what they want to hear, without truly being able to put it into action. Congress is not going to support him. Even if he comes up with something decent, and I will admit that his tax plan is a bit promising and something that I wouldn't mind seeing implemented. But, Congress is going to do the same thing to him that they're doing to Obama now, because they don't support him.

I can understand Trump's appeal to everyone though. That tax plan alone was enough for me to at least consider the possibility.

What's pissing me off about this entire election, and the government in general is that people are believing the President is the one screwing them over. He's not. It's Congress that is fucking the American people. Congress is the one shooting down ideas that will help the little people and boosting the rich so that they continue to profit. It's state governors who are coming up with stupid bathroom laws and restrictions for abortions. These are the people that need to get the fuck out of office in order for there to be a change, not the President.

I'm sorry again..

Well, Mercury IS in retrograde.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Windsong
I'm pretty sure Kim Jong Un's list of achievements is more authentic and based on truth than your average Huffpost article.
I figured that'd be enough to signal that the entire post wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Naturally, i am joking but this doesn't bode well for well, the US. Trump is a nasty piece of shit and he wants to extort the allies of the US. He hasn't said it but the implication of his fair share is pretty damning and well, i have heard that the US owes quite a lot to some of it's allies and it would be easy for them to go "Fair share huh? Well, pay the debt."

He has YET to explain his whole Wall idea. Is it a giant big fuck off wall in the style of the Night Watch's Wall from a Game of Thrones? (Note: by fuck off, i mean, a giant giant wall, not that anyone should.) He seems quick to bully and belittle anyone that dares to disagree and seems to not understand that acting like a racist prick won't help when dealing with other nations. Also, tearing up every trade contract in favour of having US doing all of it's own trade is a quick way to get the US's Reputation damaged.

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Naturally, i am joking but this doesn't bode well for well, the US. Trump is a nasty piece of shit and he wants to extort the allies of the US. He hasn't said it but the implication of his fair share is pretty damning and well, i have heard that the US owes quite a lot to some of it's allies and it would be easy for them to go "Fair share huh? Well, pay the debt."

He has YET to explain his whole Wall idea. Is it a giant big fuck off wall in the style of the Night Watch's Wall from a Game of Thrones? (Note: by fuck off, i mean, a giant giant wall, not that anyone should.) He seems quick to bully and belittle anyone that dares to disagree and seems to not understand that acting like a racist prick won't help when dealing with other nations. Also, tearing up every trade contract in favour of having US doing all of it's own trade is a quick way to get the US's Reputation damaged.
@Dervish You're right. But I did find something to get irritated about.

Also gonna throw out that it's not as easy for a country to just tell the US, the world military super power, to pay up. Not without some serious balls and bombs to back it up.

[spoili]Not even serious about politics. It's too tiring.[/spoili]

5fqf7P8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.