• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Disruption in the Order

Shizaya's father looked up, looking at Brendan to Shizaya with the same blank look Shizaya always wore.
"I see. And why's that?" he asked, looking at Shizaya, who simply shrugged, then he looked to Brendan. Shizaya didn't really like when his father questioned his friends, but he couldn't argue with the man.

Why is he so intimidating? Brendan wondered, beginning to get flustered. How could he possibly reply? Oh, my friends just usually pick on your son and I've never said anything, that's all. Brendan cleared his throat a little. "Just... Uh..." he stuttered, "I usually hang out with the other guys on the basketball team."

"Basketball team?" Shizaya father asked, looking at Shizaya. The man sat up straight.
"The same basketball team that always calls my son a, as you call, faggot, and the same people that-"
"Chichi ima wa mō yamete kudasaide wa, jikande wa arimasen," Shizaya said quickly, staring at his father with a hard stare.

(In case you're wondering, he said "Father please stop, now is not the time.")

Brendan flinched away from his father. "Um..." he got up and bowed a little. "I'm sorry.... I should go now. My... Mom's probably worried," he said quickly, turning away and hurrying to leave. Great, his dad knew about all that, he probably wasn't going to be very welcome anymore.

Shizaya jumped up, bowing quickly out of habit before following Brendan.
"Brendan, please wait," he said, catching up and following the boy as they walked outside. Then he grabbed his arm to stop him, quickly letting go when he figured he had the boys attention.
"I'm really sorry about that."

"It's fine I... I should've known that your dad knew about those guys... What's more, he thinks I'm like them," Brendan replied, not looking at him. "He's right I guess... I mean, I never spoke up against it so..." He sighed a little, squeezing his eyes shut. "I'll just go home Shizaya, thank your mom for everything and your dad too," he said quickly before running off again.

"Brendan!" Shizaya said, his voice sounding almost pleading, but he found that Brendan had already run off. He sighed, going back into his house and straight to his room. His mother tried to stop him, but he ignored her and ran up to his room. He stayed in there for a long time, just sitting and trying not to cry at his own irritation. Things had been going just fine, but now it was ruined. His room was the only place he could be now though, to show his emotions only to himself.

Brendan sighed, panting a little as he looked up at his house. A simple, gray house. He could see the lights on inside, the T.V blaring and Brendan swore he could smell alcohol all the way out there. He looked back in the direction he'd come, contemplating going back to Shizaya's house, even if his dad did hate him.

He sighed a little and sat on the sidewalk, resting his chin on his hand and staring out at the street.

Shizaya grabbed his phone, calling Brendan quickly.
"Please pick up," he muttered, leaning against his wall as he listened to the ringing.

Brendan flipped his phone open without looking at it. By now, his head had fallen a little, sleepily. "Yeah?" he answered quietly.

"Come back. Please. My father is just irritated. He doesn't know the whole story, and you only told him your on the basketball team. He is only assuming stuff. Please, come back," he said, forcing his voice to be calm.
"If it really matters to you, then we can explain everything to him, you just... you know, have to be here," he said, smacking his forehead. He felt stupid, but he had to do this to get Brendan to listen to him.

He remained silent for a while after he finished talking. "Alright..." he replied, standing up. "I'll go back," Brendan said, "I'll be there in a bit."

Shizaya let out a loud, relieved sigh.
"Thank you. I'll leave the door unlocked," he said, running down the stairs and unlocking the door.

Brendan hung up and walked slowly back to Shizaya's house. When he got there, he stood outside of the door hesitantly for a few minutes before going in. Once inside, Brendan stood by the door quietly.

Shizaya smiled as he walked over to the boy.
"Hey. Do you need to borrow pajamas or anything?" Shizaya asked casually, acting as if nothing had happened.
"And don't forget to take off your shoes, please."

Brendan slipped off his shoes and looked down at his feet. "Yeah... I didn't go into my house, so I didn't get anything," he admitted quietly.

Shizaya nodded.
"I'm really sorry. We can talk to my father tomorrow, but right now I'm tired," he said, turning and walking towards the rooms, making sure Brendan was following him.

Brendan tip-toed quietly behind Shizaya. He smiled slightly, "Are we still going to the amusement park tomorrow?"

Shizaya couldn't help but smile slightly.
"I don't know. You still going with me?" he practically whispered, going into his room. He grabbed Brendan a change of clothes and gave them to him.
"You can use my bathroom if you need to," he said, pointing to the door in the hall way.

Brendan laughed gently and pretended to look thoughtful. "No... I thought I'd take Harry actually," he said, taking the clothes, bumping Shizaya's shoulder playfully. "Joking, thank you," he said, heading towards the bathroom.

Back