~Disney Life- Behind The Magic| Sign Ups and OOC~

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Mikalyn Ross

MV5BMzkxMjMyMjI3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjI0ODIwNQ@@._V1_SY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

✮Name✮
Mikalyn Ross
(pronounced: MY'-kuh-lin)

✮Nicname(s)✮
Prefers to go by her full name, but nicknames bestowed upon her in the past include Lyn, Mikey, and Ross.

✮Age and Birthday✮
19 years old ✮ April 11th (♓)

✮Year Of College✮
First-year

✮Major✮
Aeronautical Engineering

✮College✮
Harborson

✮Gender✮
Female

✮Sexuality✮
Heterosexual

✮Position✮
Culinary - "Tomorrowland Concessions"

✮Nationalities✮
Irish-American

✮Eye Color✮
Bright green irises, with a few black specks in them.

✮Hair Description✮
Mikalyn's hair is a deep, fiery red, and it's naturally straight. In fact, she probably couldn't get it to hold a curl if her life depended on it. (Ironically enough, considering her heritage.) On other notes, the length is on the longer side, and she has thick, front bangs.

✮Height✮
5' 4"

✮Weight✮
120 lbs

✮Piercings✮
None at all.

✮Marks✮
When she's out in the sun for a long time, her nose becomes lightly spotted with freckles.

✮Health Ailments✮
None of note.

✮Personality✮

Mikalyn is very intelligent. Her rationality and leve-headedness are two things that help her to excel at science and mathematics, as is her dedication to perfection and her resourcefulness. However, these traits extend outside of the academic environment as well. Mikalyn is just a creative thinker in all aspects of life, making her resourcefulness helpful in problem solving in general.

She is a kind, compassionate, and empathic individual. Having grown up with kids of all backgrounds (foster siblings, that is; see "History"), she knows the importance of making someone feel included and important. Hence, Mikalyn is always there to lend an ear and offer a friendly smile or a hug. Just don't ask her about her problems, because she probably doesn't want to talk about them.

That being said, Mikalyn has always had a fear of being annoying. If someone clearly shows that they want to interact with her, then she's witty and fun and entirely willing to oblige. But unless she's given a clear signal, she's amazingly socially awkward. She doesn't mind silence like some people do, so she's grown accustomed to awkward silences. Making small talk is her absolute worst skill, and being in situations where she's forced to interact with people she doesn't know or doesn't share interests with is super scary to her.

✮History✮
Mikalyn is an absolute science nerd. From the day she was born, she's always loved to tinker and toy with any materials she could get her hands on. She loved understanding how things worked, and puzzle solving became her favorite pastime. While Mikalyn had had lots of interests and enjoyed all of the sciences, she had a particular proclivity for planes. She had determined by her eighth birthday that she wanted to build the greatest flying machine that ever existed, and she was going to be a pilot. Hands down -- there was no question about it.

At least, not until the accident. On May 1st, when Mikalyn was 14 years old, her mother was on a flight home from New York City after a business trip. But she never made it back. It was a tragic accident -- a small flock of birds that got jammed up in the engines -- but the plane went down in a dramatic crash, and very few survived. On that day, devastation and fear overtook Mikalyn, and she buried her dreams alongside the remains of her mother.

Afterwards, her father -- who was a nearly recovered alcoholic -- fell back into his old ways and started drinking again. Not only that, but without Mrs. Ross around to keep things together, the family stopped raising foster children as well. (Mikalyn grew up always around a handful of foster siblings, but no one ever stayed long. A few years, at most. As is the nature of hosting foster children.) She felt alone and lost, and all the excitement and dedication that had once defined her seeped out of her being, until she felt like nothing but an empty shell of her former self. She didn't enjoy doing anything anymore, and where she used to enjoy being around others, people now just made her anxious and irritated. Mikalyn became depressed and reclusive, barely able to keep up happy appearances at school anymore.

Several years after that, however, when Mikalyn was 17, she was cleaning up the attic, and she came across all her old model airplanes stuffed inside a dusty drawer. All of her childhood pastimes had literally been hidden away so as not to remind her of her mother. It was only then, at the discovery of these old toys several years after the fact, that she slowly began to rekindle her love for all things mechanical. Little by little, she rediscovered her knack for problem solving and did, eventually, end up applying for the engineering program at Harborson. Mikalyn's childhood dream had been partially put back together but now, her goal was not to build the greatest flying machine that ever was, but the safest and most efficient. But she could not see, in any future, herself getting over this terrible fear of flying she had developed. Sure, Mikalyn could build the planes -- but she'd no intentions of flying them, that's for sure.

600full.jpg

✮Likes✮
Sci-fi and fantasy films, cello music, Italian food, calculus, childish toys, puzzles.

✮Dislikes✮
Rap music and hard rock, slap-stick comedies, candy, American football, inconsiderate/unobservant people.

✮Hobbies✮
Tinkering, songwriting, playing with Legos, watching movies.

✮Talents✮
Mikalyn is extremely bright in math and science, excelling in the engineering program at Harborson. However, she's also an adept singer/songwriter, though she prefers to keep this on the quieter side. She has a keen ear and sense of music, but she doesn't feel as though she knows enough about music to be any good at it. So she doesn't ever talk about it, for fear of judgement, as she's quite insecure about it and prefers to just keep it as a way of venting her emotions in private.

✮Fears✮
Has an immense fear of flying, despite her childhood dream and her current ambitions. And, of course, she fears getting too close to people. Between the loss of her mother and the constant fleeting nature of growing up with foster siblings, Mikalyn is always afraid people she cares about are going to be taken from her when she least expects it.

✮Secrets✮
Mikalyn doesn't like to talk about her family or the tragedy that befell her. And often times, she finds herself fudging little details about her past -- little white lies -- just to get around actually having to talk about the truth. Because it hurts her to think about it.

✮Family✮
Mr. Ross (Father) -- 46 years old. Recovering alcoholic.
No biological siblings, but the Ross family used to house foster children, before Mrs. Ross died. So Mikalyn feels like she's had many siblings.

✮Relationships✮
Open~! Just PM me if you're interested! ^^

✮Dorm #✮
Room #13.

✮Dorm Appearance✮
{Looking for a good one!}

✮Other✮
N/A
(I was just in Disneyland recently! Well, actually Disney World... but you know, same difference, right? :P)

e35c2040aba32f824ab746fec05006aa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
::ATTENTION::
@Shattered♦Secrets™ @ProphetofProfit @Autumn_Burns_Red @Felilla @Little_Ghost98 @Tart @Lunar❖Muse @Poisoned Rose @Brea @CelestialCellar @~Happily.Ever.After~ @Sashakiki @Lazy_Not_Bored @Ghosty @Sora1297 @Thurrbo

The IC will be starting within the next few days, so I need a role call. You all have been tagged and have a week to respond to this announcement. If you do not respond, your characters will be deactivated, and the roles will be opened. I would like to keep this roleplay active, so try and keep up, I do understand if you are leaving to do something, but please give me warnings so I don't delete your stuff.
I'm here~

@Shattered♦Secrets™ @ProphetofProfit @Autumn_Burns_Red @Felilla @Little_Ghost98 @Tart @Lunar❖Muse @Poisoned Rose @Brea @CelestialCellar @~Happily.Ever.After~ @Sashakiki @Lazy_Not_Bored @Ghosty @Sora1297 @Thurrbo

The IC will be starting within the next few days, so I need a role call. You all have been tagged and have a week to respond to this announcement. If you do not respond, your characters will be deactivated, and the roles will be opened. I would like to keep this roleplay active, so try and keep up, I do understand if you are leaving to do something, but please give me warnings so I don't delete your stuff.
Why in the world would I not being doing this~ *laughs* I am a Co-GM~

I AM STILL HERE!

Here

MOUSE-KETEER ROLE CALL!

Dylan! :D

That's it.

I've been stalking this thread for a while but as a formality yes I will be attending
:heartbeat::jump::heartbeat::jump::heartbeat::jump::heartbeat::jump:

Who else is in 13 except me? Does shy Dylan get a roommate? :D

Guy: Hi! I'm (----)! Nice to meet you!

Dylan: *peers out from under book shyly then puts head back under* I'm Dylan...

@IceQueen, yeah you can just put him in whatever dorm... I really don't have a preference XD

And I'm still here (obviously xD) for the rp

Breaden is in his room, page 22

I think I saw him, he's the class clown guy posted after my sheet, right?

Yep, though the funny thing is Ambers personality and his are similar.

Huh, didn't realize that. Well at least we know who's gonna be fast friends ^^

Also, are we starting on a work day or are we getting an "initiation" day where we attend the park as guests to help form friendships and whatnot?

There is no initiation, just rigger our summer training. We are starting on moving in day, and they day after is the first day of work. We have a week before school start

tumblr_nloxuvHZfC1tw3lmao1_400.jpg

Oakley Zara Dutch
✮Nicname(s)✮
Oak, Oaky, Dutch, Dutchess
✮Age and Birthday✮ 19 ; November 27th
✮Year Of College✮ Second
✮Major✮ Pre-K and Elementary Education <teaching>
✮College✮ Harborson
✮Gender✮ Female
✮Sexuality✮ Straight
✮Position✮ Soarin' Over California
✮Nationalities✮ English <both>
✮Eye Color✮ dark, stormy golden-green eyes that reflect all her emotions
✮Hair Description✮ Naturally curly carrot-orange hair that falls in loose rings to her mid-back. It is a bit longer straightened, but Oakley rarely wears it straight.
✮Height✮ 4'11"
✮Weight✮ 107lbs
✮Piercings✮ Ear lobes are pierced twice each, right cartilage is pierced once, belly button is pierced once
✮Marks✮ Freckles splashed across her nose and cheeks with many more sparse freckles randomly around her body.
✮Health Ailments✮ Allergic to bee stings and pollen, sunburns easily
✮Personality✮ Oakley tends to be a very reserved girl. She is not quick to trust but also not quick to jump to conclusions. She is quiet and hides her emotions with everything she has. Even though Oakley smiles on the outside she is often thinking, her mind going 100miles a minute with whirlwind thoughts that cause a range of silent emotions to course through her head. Oakley is a kind person who practically lives by the saying "forgive and forget"... which sometimes comes back to hurt her. Often people may see her as naive because of this. Although she is quiet, Oakley does love to have a good time and will rarely turn one down, especially if her friends are involved.
✮History✮ Born on November 27th, Oakley was born and raised on the English coast with her mom, dad and older brother. She and her brother have always had an amazing relationship even though he is four years older and quite immature. Everything was just as it should be for the first six years of her life, but as she grew up, Oakley wasn't becoming the little girl her mother had wanted. Oakley still had carrot-colored hair like her uncle, not the honey blonde color her mother so wanted. Oak's eyes didn't stay light blue, by the time she was eight months old they had become green and by the time she was one they were golden-green, darkening or lightening as her mood and emotion changes. Oakley tried to be everything her mom wanted, she tried modelling... that was fun for a while, until she grew up and they wanted her to look like more of a stick figure than she already was. She enrolled in dance and gymnastics which she did well in, she excelled in horseback riding and surfing which didn't make her mom overly happy. Cheerleading wasn't exactly Oakley's cup of team and that didn't help the relationship with her mom. Eventually the red-head was being hit, slapped, shoved, pushed, and occasionally punched and kicked by her mother when no one was around. Oakley never said anything as that just made everything worse, her mother would just tell her father that they had a clumsy, un-coordinated disgrace of a daughter. He would say she wasn't a disgrace and leave it at that. Three years ago the metaphorical cat was let out of the bag and her mom was arrested for child abuse after Oakley ended up in the hospital from being pushed down the stairs. She had broken her right ankle in the fall and doctors had diagnosed at least eight old, un-reported fractures: 3 in her fingers, her left wrist, both elbows, right fibula fracture and her left clavicle. After the arrest her parents divorced, obviously he got custody over Oakley and her brother, being super overprotective already, of course stayed close to them... besides the fact that leaving meant he might actually need to get a job and stop sleeping around. After the divorce the three of them moved to a town less than fifteen minutes from London, they moved in with her uncle whom they still live with. About eight months ago her father re-married a childhood friend of her uncle's and about four months ago her brother found a baby on the doorstep addressed to him. Within the last year Oakley has gotten a new mom and become an aunt.
✮Likes✮ family, friends, parties, writing, ballet, gymnastics, horseback riding, surfing, singing, modelling, having fun, animals
✮Dislikes✮ lying, getting hurt, mean people, smoking, abuse, bees, bugs, spiders, the dark, heights
✮Hobbies✮ ballet, gymnastics, singing, surfing, horseback riding, writing
✮Talents✮ horseback riding, surfing, singing
✮Fears✮ being hurt again, the dark, startling noises, being stung by bees, insects, arachnids
✮Secrets✮ Oakley never tells anyone how she feels and rarely talks about herself. Her favorite color is purple. She has a strong british accent but does her best to soften and hide it.
✮Family✮ Mother | Salena Zoe Brinclhof, 40, unknown-presumed alive
Father | Nestor Franklin Dutch, 44, alive
Step-Mother | Tracey Liliana Dutch <nee Smurf>, 44, alive
Uncle | Laramie Gabriel Dutch, 48, alive
Brother | Phillip Lucien Dutch, 23, alive, father to Bianca
Niece | Bianca Violet Dutch, 4months, alive, daughter of Phillip and unknown woman
✮Relationships✮ OPEN
✮Dorm #✮ 15 please
✮Dorm Appearance✮
56031d9cb15e8b0cb7d69509a795348d.jpg

✮Other✮ She has a british accent

To work at Disneyland is a lovely experience

tumblr_nloxuvHZfC1tw3lmao2_250.jpg

Aladdin Kassim Al'Aeshi
✮Nicname(s)✮
Al
✮Age and Birthday✮ 20 ; April 30th
✮Year Of College✮ 2
✮Major✮ Bartending & Physical Education
✮College✮ Jasher
✮Gender✮ Male
✮Sexuality✮ Straight
✮Position✮ Indian Jones
✮Nationalities✮ Persian <mom> | Egyptian <dad> ... he is American through and through, doing everything in his power to ignore his heritage
✮Eye Color✮ soft milky brown eyes
✮Hair Description✮ Black hair that is buzzed on the sides and back and a short-medium length on the top of his head
✮Height✮ 6'5"
✮Weight✮ 202lbs
✮Piercings✮ none
✮Marks✮ besides the stubble, Al has several tattoos. He has this tattoo on his right shoulder, the name of his ex, the mother of his son, on his chest, going up across his left pectoral. he has this on his back and plans to get more tattoos in the future.
✮Health Ailments✮ Even though he smokes and drinks on occasion, Al is fit as a fiddle.
✮Personality✮ Al is a wishful thinker, so wishful in fact, that he rarely stops wishing. First off, you should never call this guy Aladdin unless you want him to get mad at you or unless he is actually dressed up as Aladdin (which he hasn't done in about ten years). His name, according to him, is Al... or at least that is what he tells people. Al doesn't understand why his culture is so important to his parents, he lives by his own rules and his own ways... which is also why he didn't give his son a 'traditional' name. Aladdin is quite a bit rebellious and works for what he wants. He is a complete risk taker and probably always will be. He can be quite a player and a bit of a jerk if he doesn't get his way.
✮History✮ Born on April 30th in Cairo, Egypt just before the family moved, Aladdin is technically born and raised with middle eastern culture and values surrounding him. However, to his parents dismay, Al never felt like that was the right path for him. From a young age he did what he wanted... of course, being an only child helps with that. After moving to the states by the time he was three, Al has never looked back. He has only introduced himself as Aladdin when he dressed up as the former street rat for Halloween and a few costume parties on occasion. Basically, he led a fairly normal life: boy doing the exact opposite as what his parents and grand parents want. Three years ago, technically almost four since the mother was only abouth three months along at the time, Aladdin had been dating a half-egyptian (for his parents), half-japanese girl (whilst having fun with a few other girls every so often) who he ended up knocking up... no surprise there. One of the things he was in agreement with his parents about was that life was life, you can create it, but you aren't the one who gets to destroy it. He talked his girlfriend out of abortion, but he couldn't seem to talk her out of adoption as easily. Once his son was born it was a little easier, they had decided they would split after the birth: Al keeping the baby, his girlfriend being a teenager again. All of that would have been great, the custody papers were in order and everything, but not the death certificate. At the hospital his girlfriend was sent into a very severe allergic reaction after receiving pain medication. She also ended up with pregnancy complications and by the time the baby was born she was too far gone to be saved. He had her name tattooed on his chest as a reminder. Three years later and his parents are mostly raising the kid.
✮Likes✮ Racing, friends, partying, living life to the fullest, being himself, poptarts, chinese food, having fun, his son, being wild and spontaneous, horror movies, action movies, working out, lifting weights, wrestling, football, ice hokey, field hokey, baseball, loud music
✮Dislikes✮ boring people, traditions, learning, school, being bored, feeling useless, grapes, falafel, indian food, african food, romantic chick flicks, slow things
✮Hobbies✮ street racing, various sports, partying
✮Talents✮ wrestling, weight lifting, baking (though he will never, ever admit to it)
✮Fears✮ He fears being like 'his elders' and succumbing to tradition. Loosing another person, getting sick
✮Secrets✮ He is terrified of falling into the same footprints as his parents and following their traditions. Although he passes it off like his son doesn't really matter, that's why he left the kid with his parents it's a lie, he would do anything for that kid and spends all his time and money on him when Al gets to go home. He is afraid of commitment, preferring to stay 'friends with benefits' for as long as possible.
✮Family✮ Paternal Grandmother | Cleopatra Sumaya Al'Aeshi <nee Hinar>, 88, alive
Paternal Grandfather | Nadim Cairo Al'Aeshi, 94, alive
Maternal Grandmother | Tene Kissa Basoot, 73, alive
Mother | Sabah Malaiki Al'Aeshi <nee Basoot>, 55, alive
Father | Kareem Rafi Al'Aeshi, 70, alive
Son | Diesel Nate Al'Aeshi, 3, alive
✮Relationships✮ OPEN
✮Dorm #✮ 13
✮Dorm Appearance✮
dorm-3.jpg

✮Other✮ Disneyland is cool​
finished!!!

Alright just asking ^^

Also, how is the day job thing going to work? Are we going to play through a typical day at work, or are we going to timeskip those unless something special is happening?

This question also applies to school-life

Last edited:
Hi! can I join the RP? I really really want to join xD