2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Whenever my boss decides to let me go home. (Usually between 5-11 EST)
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.
Have you ever had a movie that you were so hyped up about that you were convinced that when you saw it, it would be everything that you thought it would be, only to have your hopes crushed like a diamond under a hydraulic press? Well, recently I've run into a few of them.

Stephen King's Cell- I was so pumped about this movie. I absolutely loved the book, and I was absolutely head over heels for the characters in the book. I cried when one of the main characters was killed, and I cheered on the others as they continued on their journey. (No spoilers, but I'm sure anyone who's read it knows what I'm talking about.) The movie, while not quite as awesome as the book, was going to be great, and I would love it almost as much as I did the novel. Damn if I'm not a naive someone....

I could not for the life of me get attached to the characters in the movie, at all. The plot was butchered and shoved down your throat to the point where you just didn't even care what happened as long as it was over. The only thing the movie had going for it was that there was some decent action. But the ending.....fuck if they don't stop butchering up the endings! I fucking hated it!

The Boy- My youngest daughter and I have a love for all things horror, and being the rather laid-back mom that I am I thought I'd let her watch it with me. I probably shouldn't have worried about her being scared, because there wasn't anything scary about it other than how predictable it was. I was extremely disappointed by the whole thing, and instantly regretted the two hours I wasted watching it.

X-Men Apocalypse- (No spoilers) I can't explain exactly why I was disappointed with the movie as a whole, but it just wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I expected something.....I don't know, more? A little more backstory, maybe. A little more delving into the characters, perhaps. I don't know, I just wanted something more.

Terminator: Genisys- I loved Terminator. Terminator 2 was the first movie and only movie I ever pulled the 'switched' theater' stunt. Bought tickets to go see some cheesy kids movie, and my friends and I sat through the entire showing of Terminator 2 without anyone knowing. I loved the premise of the movie before I saw it, but when I did see it I just felt completely empty inside. I hated what they did to John. I think that was my biggest beef with it. Throughout the entire series, John was meant to be the savior, and yet they turned him into the villain. It just fucked me up in all the wrong ways, and to this day I despise what was done. Yes, I know it's stupid to hate a movie for going outside the box, but seriously? Why?!?!

There are more, and I'm almost positive there is going to be a ton of others that disappoint me in the near future. (I swear to fucking God, if The Dark Tower is one of them I will riot!)

But what about you all? Is there any movie that you've been excited about only to be let down once you watched it?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lea and OnI6470
The_Last_Airbender_Poster.png

Can't say I was really "convinced it was going to be awesome" at the time of its release, but, being a big fan of the show, I was pretty hyped when I heard there was going to be a live-action movie made, especially since the other Avatar was still really popular when the first news of this movie came out, and I remember being really annoyed that the first thing people thought of upon hearing the name 'Avatar' was the movie with the blue people instead of the great cartoon. So, I was really excited that the cartoon was also going to get its own movie and bring it back to stardom.

But then, you know... the more trailers and news I started to see for the movie, the more I kept having doubts... and by the time it actually came out in theaters, I had heard enough bad things about it that I really didn't want to see it that much anymore. >_> Eventually I tried to watch it on Netflix, and gave up after the first 15-20 minutes.

So it wasn't like I was super hyped going into it and was hugely disappointed upon seeing the movie itself. It was more like... gradual disappointment, I guess, looking back on how excited I was to first hear about it and how great it could've been. :/

This x 100. I had just finished watching ATLA and decided may as well, right? It was... hm. I'm not a very critical person, but this was a very painful movie to watch. In fact, by mid movie, I was busy role playing via my mobile or checking out funny pictures.

dragonball-evolution-2009-movie-poster.jpg

The only thing that made this movie any good to watch was the fact that I had made home made pizza which was very delicious. This was so disappointing. They took out everything that made Dragonball... well... Dragonball! It was like a very horrible fanfiction.

mailchimp_godzilla.jpg

It's not a terrible movie by any means (I rewatched it in theaters multiple times to support the release) but I was crushed as a Godzilla fan. On the bright side, I'll always have Pacific Rim.

So it wasn't like I was super hyped going into it and was hugely disappointed upon seeing the movie itself. It was more like... gradual disappointment, I guess, looking back on how excited I was to first hear about it and how great it could've been. :/
Child actors suck :/

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
The 2010 Alice in Wonderland movie. I didn't actually watch it until early 2015 after I'd read the Alice in Wonderland books, and I expected something marginally close to that but instead it was a weirdly dull slog to a final battle that didn't feel very fulfilling. If I had paid money to watch it I would have felt ripped off.

Paranormal Activity. People hyped it up to me as the best and most realistic horror movie ever. Instead it was a shitty snooze-fest.

2012. I hoped for a really awesome disaster movie with cool special effects.. which I got, but it was ruined by the bland and tediously cliche story of the characters that I never once gave a single fuck about.

The Alice in Wonderland movie that Tim Burton directed. :[ Anticipated it for a long time, and I even spent money to see it in the theaters. I was so let down when I realized how bad this movie was. However, I liked the Alan Rickman caterpillar, and the Jabberwocky. So, there are those pluses.

It's funny, because Godzlla is one of my daughter's favorite movies. I didn't have the heart to tell her they didn't really show him as much as they should have.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
2012. I hoped for a really awesome disaster movie with cool special effects.. which I got, but it was ruined by the bland and tediously cliche story of the characters that I never once gave a single fuck about.
I have the same feelings about The Day After Tomorrow.

It's funny, because Godzlla is one of my daughter's favorite movies. I didn't have the heart to tell her they didn't really show him as much as they should have.
To be fair, he appeared in the original for like 15 minutes, so I can't fault them for it. If anything its closer to that than the campy movies that came later(but god I love them anyway). I expect the sequels will have more screen-time for the big grey guy.

I was pretty hyped when I heard there was going to be a live-action movie made

If it has the dark one's name on it, do not touch it.

As for my choice for a disappointing movie...

Even knowing it was space zombies in space, it was just too painfully stupid and the acting too painfully awful to fall into the "so bad it's good" category. It was just bad. It was just boring. I don't know why there's a cult for this movie. I really don't.

If it has the dark one's name on it, do not touch it.
:P I don't think I even knew who Shyamalan was when I first heard about that movie.

I mean... I was only 13 when it came out, sooooo I was rather young and naive. ^^" I just knew it would be a movie based off of one of my favorite cartoons, and I assumed it would be good just based on that. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Brovo
Pretty much any movie that gets untold amounts of praise from the oscars or any other awards shows/Film Festivals.

Prometheus too, my god that movie...christ, WHY DID I REMEMBER IT?!

I raise you one.
Godzilla_1998_Movie_Poster_zpsxfdvtnqp.jpg
Hiss! The power of God(zilla) compels you!
To be fair, he appeared in the original for like 15 minutes, so I can't fault them for it. If anything its closer to that than the campy movies that came later(but god I love them anyway). I expect the sequels will have more screen-time for the big grey guy.
Destroy All Monsters is my 2nd favorite movie of all time, so I can relate.

Inception
Inception
Inception
Inception
Inception
Inception
Inception
Inception
Inception
Inception
Inception
Inception