Disappointing movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharknado. I never watched past the first 2-5 minutes, but that was enough to disappoint me. I didn't really read up about it beforehand, other than that it got bad ratings, but I tried watching it because it seemed like it was going to be some sort of mainstream Birdemic WITH SHARKS or something, or at least be laughably bad. But the first 5 minutes were serious enough to tell me this was not the shark movie I was looking for.

Ender's Game. I knew it wouldn't live up to the novel, but it was painfully obvious they were trying to do too ambitious and layered of a novel to adapt into a two hour movie. It wasn't even the casting, and the special effects were great, but it felt like watching the entire story in fast forward while skipping about 3/4 of it and cutting out very important character arcs.

I am Legend was also something that was over hyped. It was great for the most part, but the ending completely fucked over what the story is actually supposed to be about.

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. They left out so many parts from the books that it was almost painful to watch. Not at all like Prisoner of Azkaban. The same goes for Eragon. Although, Eragon was even worse. With Goblet of Fire, the stuff they left out, was not crucially important to the core of the story. But with Eragon, they left out even crucial plot points, to the point that they couldn't have made a sequel movie if they wanted to!

I love that movie! Took me forever to find it on DVD. xD
I have not been able to find it on DVD in years. No movie retail store in my area sells it. :'(

latest

Seeing as the original Jurassic Park movie is my favorite of all time, this was a colossal disappointment for me.

Another has already been mentioned several times, but The Last Airbender. I... it just... I don't know where to even begin. ATLA is one of my favorite shows. It was heartbreaking to see what they had done with the live action movie.

Oh. Michael Bay's TMNT movie, too. Haven't seen the second one, yet. I really don't want to, but I might just to see for myself how bad it is. With the first virtually everything about the characters was changed, and not for the better.

Going to get so much shite for this but....

Finding Dory. Wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Going to get so much shite for this but....

Finding Dory. Wasn't as good as I thought it would be.
D= Nuuuuuuu! Don't ruin my dreams! I've been waiting forever for it to come out. :( Finding Nemo was my son's absolute favorite movie when he was little. Nemo was actually one of his first words. He had severe speech delays and a lot of problems when he was a baby, so the fact that he could say any word at all was a small miracle, so that movie has some importance in our family.

Although, I'm not entirely surprised to hear it. The first movie is pretty hard to live up to. I just hope they don't muck up Incredibles 2.

but it felt like watching the entire story in fast forward while skipping about 3/4 of it and cutting out very important character arcs.
That's exactly how I feel about Cell. Why must they butcher up movies based off novels? ; ;

latest

Seeing as the original Jurassic Park movie is my favorite of all time, this was a colossal disappointment for me.

Another has already been mentioned several times, but The Last Airbender. I... it just... I don't know where to even begin. ATLA is one of my favorite shows. It was heartbreaking to see what they had done with the live action movie.

Oh. Michael Bay's TMNT movie, too. Haven't seen the second one, yet. I really don't want to, but I might just to see for myself how bad it is. With the first virtually everything about the characters was changed, and not for the better.
I try to forget Jurassic Park III happened. I actually kind of like The Lost World, but III is just... let's forget about it existing, and be glad Jurassic World didn't end up being the human-dinosaur hybrids like they originally had planned.

Yeah, the TMNT movie was fucking garbage, but that isn't so surprising; when your turtles look like Shrek, you're in for a bad time. Michelangelo is one of the most cringe worthy characters in cinema history.

That's exactly how I feel about Cell. Why must they butcher up movies based off novels? ; ;
I think it's because of the old Hollywood mentality that things "make it" when they're adapted into movies and they're almost always huge successes, but it's becoming rather outdated in the age where television series end up being a much better way to adapt a novel because you have the time to actually flesh out the story. I think Ender's game could have worked out as a 10 part mini-series or something like that.

Hobbit lmao — fuck were those last two movies. First one I kinda enjoyed.

I also snoozed like a baby during Pacific Rim.
Ugh, yeah, both of those were bad. The Hobbit I expected to be not great as soon as I heard it was being split into 3 movies, but I had hope anyway since the LotR trilogy was so good. First one was mediocre, second bad, and the third was a disgrace.

Pacific Rim falls into the same category as Cloverfield imo. What's that, you want a movie about big terrifying monsters fucking shit up and humans trying to fend them off? Hahaha, no, take these uninteresting characters and this shitty love story plot that nobody cares about even a little bit. Have fun with that garbage taking up most of the screen time and making the monster stuff seem unimportant because you want the main characters to die so they'll shut up.

Speaking of Jurassic World, I had my doubts over that movie by the time the first trailers came out.
But when I actually saw it, I despised it. It rips off the first movie completely, the CGI is mediocre, characters are predictable, etc.
The hybrid looked like a typical theropod instead of a nightmarish beast, as was advertised.
And for some reason almost all of the dinosaurs look grey.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
Eragon. I saw the travesty in theaters. I was pretty much done when they skipped all the important bits in a growth montage. I can't feel for a character that I don't spend time with. The book wasn't amazing, but it atleast gave me time to know the cast. Props to that 16 year old. I'm 27 and still haven't finished writing my book. XD

Cube_poster.JPG

I liked the concept, but the movie itself wasn't too great. I liked the first one way better. The third one, Cube Zero, thankfully I found pretty good.

addicted_dvd_ocard_skew5.jpg

I'm a huge fan of Zane's books and this was the first book by her that I ever read so to see it being adapted into a movie made me VERY excited and by the time I saw the trailers, my excitement was over 9000!

I went to see the movie in theaters with my grandma and while I did enjoy the movie, I felt rather disappointed. It felt very watered-down compared to the book. But damn William Levy was GORGEOUS!! <3

Even knowing it was space zombies in space, it was just too painfully stupid and the acting too painfully awful to fall into the "so bad it's good" category. It was just bad. It was just boring. I don't know why there's a cult for this movie. I really don't.
I don't know why, but that was a movie I just enjoyed. Maybe because it's got that campy feel to it but manages to maintain it's tone in just the right way. Then again, I went in with no expectations. Kind of like the Evil Dead 2. With how cheesy, campy and ridiculous the Evil Dead was while maintaining it's "serious" tone I went in expecting such and was rewarded for it. Back to Last Days on Mars, from the trailer alone I went in with that attitude and really enjoyed myself.

Oh. And Spectre became almost and I mean almost painful to watch in the last half hour. Dear God that fell flat on it's face.
spectre-banner-3-1200x600.jpg

Star Wars VII

Bad plot, even when it's recycled trilogy all over again. No pacing either; it was as though the movie was just going down a checklist of destinations. The fact that the Republic didn't notice the planet-sized planet destroying laser in their own backyard and the Neo-Nazis in their own back yard is lazy af. Scratch that, everything was lazy. The actors were good, but no actor could carry such a hammy script.

I don't know why, but that was a movie I just enjoyed. Maybe because it's got that campy feel to it but manages to maintain it's tone in just the right way. Then again, I went in with no expectations. Kind of like the Evil Dead 2. With how cheesy, campy and ridiculous the Evil Dead was while maintaining it's "serious" tone I went in expecting such and was rewarded for it. Back to Last Days on Mars, from the trailer alone I went in with that attitude and really enjoyed myself.

Oh. And Spectre became almost and I mean almost painful to watch in the last half hour. Dear God that fell flat on it's face.
spectre-banner-3-1200x600.jpg
The opening scene in Spectre was brilliant.

The rest of it... oooh boy. I got the distinct impression that Daniel Craig was totally done playing Bond while filming this.

Status
Not open for further replies.