Demon's Broken Promise || OOC

Reactions: Ai-in Ayan
@kookyboy9
I probably am going to throw up a new discord..however, I do want to see if everyone will get their characters up at least first.

@kookyboy9
I probably am going to throw up a new discord..however, I do want to see if everyone will get their characters up at least first.
I'm just waiting on Mon atm to try and tie in to her story. But I would like to talk to you about my idea for a magic school & alumni association when you're available... or I can just add you to the thread I messaged Mon in and you can see my general idea.

@EldridSmith
The magic school is fine and all. Though the idea of an alumni association is a little curious.
If anything you can send me to the thread/wait for the discord/or PM the information.

Reactions: EldridSmith
@EldridSmith
The magic school is fine and all. Though the idea of an alumni association is a little curious.
If anything you can send me to the thread/wait for the discord/or PM the information.
I'll just copy what I sent Mon now that i think about it + school ideas.

@EldridSmith
Please do take into consideration that Serpent's Kiss also takes care of Education system throughout Haven. This much is indeed in the lore.
If it is a separate schooling system that is fine and all but do remember that the higher up system of it will end up being overlooked through Serpent's Kiss.

@EldridSmith
Please do take into consideration that Serpent's Kiss also takes care of Education system throughout Haven. This much is indeed in the lore.
If it is a separate schooling system that is fine and all but do remember that the higher up system of it will end up being overlooked through Serpent's Kiss.
Does serpents kiss include a mage college...?

@EldridSmith
Well that would depend on what kind of schooling that is. "Mage" college. As in...like are they just specifically training mages there?

Even so, if they are or aren't...if it is something to do with education and this is within Haven's walls. They have to fall within a category of 5 different sections of the city. Neutral, or one of the four clans.

Since I will not be adding another major group into the roleplay.

@EldridSmith
Well that would depend on what kind of schooling that is. "Mage" college. As in...like are they just specifically training mages there?

Even so, if they are or aren't...if it is something to do with education and this is within Haven's walls. They have to fall within a category of 5 different sections of the city. Neutral, or one of the four clans.

Since I will not be adding another major group into the roleplay.
Yes they're training mages alone, the idea is kinda like a wizards college to train them in the different schools of magic which they desire to specialize in (kinda like picking a subclass in wizard for DnD).
I'm not intent on making another major group but a smaller one composed of academics... if you've played the game Tyranny I'm thinking of something similar to the quills. The college itself is neutral, but since Ravinca is where eductaion seems to happen it would probably be there.

@EldridSmith
Alrighty. So generally, I do not mind that idea too much. Though from what it sounds like (since im not a fan of DnD whatsoever) it feels similar to that of the old game Wizard101 with the whole idea of sub classes for mages/wizards etc.

Though, I should mention two things to that final part of your comment there.
The fact that you said the college itself is neutral would mean it would have to be in the neutral zone. If the college is run by Ravinca, then it is in Ravinca's territory. It cannot be neutral but run by Ravinca since that contradicts itself. I have not played Tyranny before so I'm not too sure about that one, apologies for that. You can have the school there and all, just clearing up the idea that Ravinca takes care of eduaction throughout Haven.

Also Ravinca is not where education is main throughout the city nor is the clan directly focused into that specifically. Schools are scattered throughout Haven.
Capture.PNG

@EldridSmith
Alrighty. So generally, I do not mind that idea too much. Though from what it sounds like (since im not a fan of DnD whatsoever) it feels similar to that of the old game Wizard101 with the whole idea of sub classes for mages/wizards etc.

Though, I should mention two things to that final part of your comment there.
The fact that you said the college itself is neutral would mean it would have to be in the neutral zone. If the college is run by Ravinca, then it is in Ravinca's territory. It cannot be neutral but run by Ravinca since that contradicts itself. I have not played Tyranny before so I'm not too sure about that one, apologies for that. You can have the school there and all, just clearing up the idea that Ravinca takes care of eduaction throughout Haven.

Also Ravinca is not where education is main throughout the city nor is the clan directly focused into that specifically. Schools are scattered throughout Haven.
View attachment 220134
Sweet! I've not played that game, but that seems to fit my idea. Though I will say I am confused since in lore it only mentioned the neutral zone being a cityscape wasteland full of feral demons. I'll gladly put the college there still if it can be since it would allow the practice of spells in the wasteland without concern of hurting people or important structures. Apolgoies for getting names mixed up, I jumped to research and tech mentally.

Reactions: Monbon
@EldridSmith
Oh! God dammit! I'm so sorry for that misunderstanding about the neutral zone! That is completely my fault and I apologize greatly for that!

The Neutral Zone is generally a large portion of the city that is also technically safe as well. However, there is a large section of it that is cut off from the public that is a complete wasteland as stated. While it is not like trees and such kind of wasteland..it is like a ruined version of the city with death and broken buildings, etc.

Again, deepest apologies for the mix up on that! This roleplay has been shut down and rebooted so many times...I'll be honest that I did a bit of copy/paste and didn't realize some of the stuff is not properly updated the way it should be...or written better I should say.

@EldridSmith
Oh! God dammit! I'm so sorry for that misunderstanding about the neutral zone! That is completely my fault and I apologize greatly for that!

The Neutral Zone is generally a large portion of the city that is also technically safe as well. However, there is a large section of it that is cut off from the public that is a complete wasteland as stated. While it is not like trees and such kind of wasteland..it is like a ruined version of the city with death and broken buildings, etc.

Again, deepest apologies for the mix up on that! This roleplay has been shut down and rebooted so many times...I'll be honest that I did a bit of copy/paste and didn't realize some of the stuff is not properly updated the way it should be...or written better I should say.
This helps clear up a TON. In that case the college fits perfectly! Though would it be possible for them to border the dangerous area to use it as a testing ground for things (there would of course be tight security when doing so)? I did mention cityscape wasteland but no vegetation helps clear up more.

To expand on what I'm thinking, aside from their teaching students, the alumni association is focused on research and development to help lead to next generation of magitech, magic, and educators and those in the association stay at the college for that purpose. Not all will and some will go to work for various businesses, clans, etc, but some will.

@kookyboy9 Is there a way for a demon to talk to Septhtis?

@EldridSmith
So, the updated Neutral zone has been added to the lore. Again, apologies for that one.
I mean you can border the area. However, in no sense...as im sure you know can you have the college that close to the border. Everyone would be dead in a matter of time...there is no end to the ferals...

Hm? can you give a bit of detail further about the alumni association?
As stated prior to this, I wont be adding any further organization or groups into the lore further. So I mean, if they are in the neutral zone and apart of the schooling of mages then that is fine and all. Though there shouldn't be any interior secretive group...or rather, nothing huge story impacting group added unless they are working under any of the other clans. Kind of hard to explain that. x.x

@EldridSmith
So, the updated Neutral zone has been added to the lore. Again, apologies for that one.
I mean you can border the area. However, in no sense...as im sure you know can you have the college that close to the border. Everyone would be dead in a matter of time...there is no end to the ferals...

Hm? can you give a bit of detail further about the alumni association?
As stated prior to this, I wont be adding any further organization or groups into the lore further. So I mean, if they are in the neutral zone and apart of the schooling of mages then that is fine and all. Though there shouldn't be any interior secretive group...or rather, nothing huge story impacting group added unless they are working under any of the other clans. Kind of hard to explain that. x.x
Thank you! I'll give it a look when I'm back on computer.
I see, I'm that case they'll just be more in the middle of the neutral zone.

The alumni association is a research and development group unlikely to come up much aside from some character interaction.

@kookyboy9 Is there a way for a demon to talk to Septhtis?

@Ai-in Ayan
I mean, yeah? It wouldn't likely end well for said demon, but yeah, they could at least try to talk at him while he tries to kill them?

In all seriousness, though, it'd be incredibly difficult for a demon to actually speak to him face to face. Maybe DM me either here or on discord and we can chat about it? There're a few routes you could possibly get a message through, but which one you'd want to use is pretty circumstantial. If you wanted to have your special operative dude have contact with him, a few things you may want to consider:
1) How does he even know the Ash Wolves exist? They aren't public knowledge, and to my knowledge, they shouldn't have had interactions with Haven demons in the past outside of maybe Ren's clinics. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please!)
2) Does he really want to contact him? The Ash Wolves aren't exactly active in Haven, and Haven isn't really active outside the city.
3) How in the world does he even know Sephtis is the leader? That's some top-secret information right there, and Sephtis actively tries to erase any records that might incriminate him because he's technically the leader of an illegal terrorist organization
4) Is the reason for making contact important enough for him to sacrifice subordinates?

Last edited:
@Ai-in Ayan
I feel like Icy and Ahmya would make a deadly combo. Their body count would be insanely high. If they can get along anyway. Ahmya isn't a people person.

Also, it should be illegal to dislike Lavendar. Who does that? The scent I get but the color? It's overhyped but it's such a comfy color.

@happymech99
I was thinking of changing Ren's origins a little. Contemplating giving her ties to Eldrid's character. Neither will be aware until maybe later. Just future minor side things for fun. Figured the scientists could have used his dna in the experiment and used his wife to house the baby temporarily. Though he was also thinking about making his wife a demon for reasons, It wouldn't be a half-demon scenario. Just a clone composed mostly of human dna but formed in the wife's womb until it grew to the point it could be extracted and experimented on. Since we're still talking it over and nothing is decided yet, I just wanted to run it by you. I still see her as just a clone and this won't really change anything but add in the major part of the blueprint that made her but I know you may see it differently. Both of us are fine if the wife is human if you're more comfortable with that. I just started to wonder whether the environment the embryo grows in could yield better results than leaving her in a test tube.

@Ai-in Ayan
I feel like Icy and Ahmya would make a deadly combo. Their body count would be insanely high. If they can get along anyway. Ahmya isn't a people person.

Also, it should be illegal to dislike Lavendar. Who does that? The scent I get but the color? It's overhyped but it's such a comfy color.

As for Icy, if he would stop planning on corrupting all citizens, yes. He and Ahmya would be a pair to be feared. XD

As for the lavender color part... YOU COULD TASTE THE PURPLE! I mean I am a weird person that I could taste a color but hey... xD

Am getting my last character checked by the GM. Might post her later.