Demon's Broken Promise || OOC

I didn't realize you were going to post like that minute XD

@kookyboy9 Seeing as you already took the leader position, would you be fine with my character having stepped down to make way for yours to lead the next generation?

Attachments

• a805a718f8a7a0a71c163d54e31a4429.jpg
    a805a718f8a7a0a71c163d54e31a4429.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 4
@happymech99 soooo..... I made this and since I cannot just add shit to the lore... If you have the time to check on them and tell me if it is accepted, might make an ugly map for it

Serpent's Kiss territory has housed the most treacherous of terrains but with the clan's mastery of magic and their creativity, they have carved the terrain with their wills and established a place where they could now call their home.

From the vintage point, one would see the clan's symbol under the clear waters of the lake and most places to visit. Most of the structures cater to either recreational or academic purposes with temples dotting the territory for those in the mood of meditation. Be careful if one is seeking mischief, though. The territory is littered with barriers that would either neutralize or hurt those that disregard the peaceful atmosphere.
Serpent's Kiss, or better known as the 'Snakes' are known for their allure and two-faced nature. They are demons who are the most loyal but are also known to be the most deceptive. One will never know if their allegiance was even with them from the start. One thing is for sure about the Snakes, though. They will lay their lives for the betterment of their clan.

Like the succubae and incubi, the sirenical demons use their appeal to take what they want. With their flirtatious nature and pheromones, they would lure their target into the palm of their hands to either kill or to manipulate. The advantage of these types of demons is that the general population do not know of them. It gives them easier ways to get near and befriend their targets.
Those who live here relies more on magic than technology. They have always seen themselves as part of nature and has adopted their ways to live alongside the fauna and flora around them. Through this interdependence, Serpent's Kiss also became the home of rare and valuable species of poisonous plants and beings.
  • With a newborn, it is the rights of the father to name the child. He also has the choice to change the child's surname or not.
  • As a sign of respect, the members bow deeply with their right hands over their left chest.
  • When a meeting is being held within the territory, representatives from different kind of guilds are also to attend, not only the High Council.
  • When entering a temple or institute, one has to bow before the entrance before stepping closer.
  • The dead are not buried under concrete. They are incinerated and are placed in capsules to become fertilizers for the trees around the Gardens of Bane.
Like the name suggested, serpents of different sizes and species are scattered all around. They are quite harmless to those who lives there but would not hesitate to attack once provoked and when outsiders try to capture them.

These includes dragons the size of dogs. The largest known dragon in the territory is the size of a horse and only ten are roaming around the city.
  • The Institute - The center of the territory and the most historic. One of the few that has survived the near destruction of Haven and the attack of the Black Cross. This compound welcomes all those who seek knowledge to better their lives or to help in the community.
  • The Libraries - Located inside the institute. This building had been filled to the brim with books and scrolls dating for who-knows how long. Demons and humans alike have donated reading materials in hopes that their favorite books are preserved and hopes of sharing it to the others to enjoy. The structure is the first thing one would see once entering the Institute. Visitors could then ask the staff here for passes to visit the compound and roam around or have a tour.
  • Gardens of Bane - Located behind the Institute. Like the other places in the territory, all are invited for as long as one take precaution upon entering. The Gardens of Bane, from name alone, is the largest concentration of poisonous flora in the city. There is a path that one must follow so as not to be the next victim of the garden's silent danger. It is not much of a garden. More like a forest filled with dangerous plants. Before the entrance is a lot given to those who have fallen. This is where the locals pay their respect to the dead and create a small fire for the spirits to find their home.

@EldridSmith

For the short answer, I'd prefer not to, if only because Sephtis isn't the type of person to allow loose ends like that to remain around and I'd need to somewhat edit his backstory to allow for the previous leader to still be around.

For a longer answer or if you're still dead set on playing the previous leader, I'd appreciate if you could DM me on discord or through the PM system so we can chat through things and I can figure out what sort of edits I need to make to bring backstories into alignment. My discord username is the same as my forum username.

I see... nevermind then...

@happymech99 Are there any other on organizations/schools/etc for humans (especially of a more scholarly inclination)...?

Last edited:
I don't think there're any scholarly-minded groups out in the human world. The Ash Wolves are pretty much it for anti-demon groups, although there're probably scholarly-minded groups inside of Haven itself. I think @Monbon's character owns several clinics in Haven(?), so that might be a potential place you could place your character? Or possibly a haven-related university?

Last edited:
@EldridSmith
Adding to what Kooky said, if Ren can get a clinic into Haven in which she performs experiments in, surely we can add othet things into the mix as well or have it off to the side of some specific university as a separate building. It'd probably blend in better that way. I'd actually appreciate a partner there if you're up to working something out with me. My DMs are open unless you prefer to discuss things further here.

Reactions: EldridSmith
@EldridSmith
Adding to what Kooky said, if Ren can get a clinic into Haven in which she performs experiments in, surely we can add othet things into the mix as well or have it off to the side of some specific university as a separate building. It'd probably blend in better that way. I'd actually appreciate a partner there if you're up to working something out with me. My DMs are open unless you prefer to discuss things further here.
Dope! I may pass around a few ideas to you then. Do you prefer hashing things out here or on discord?

What's going on here? I'm confused and lost.

@EldridSmith
Dope! I may pass around a few ideas to you then. Do you prefer hashing things out here or on discord?
Wherever you'd like. I'm going to take a nap soon though but when I wake up I check everything.

Shinku is always confused. Don't mind him. He's been lost, never once found.

@EldridSmith
Wherever you'd like. I'm going to take a nap soon though but when I wake up I check everything.

Shinku is always confused. Don't mind him. He's been lost, never once found.
Dope I'll message you on discord when I'm able to later

Reactions: Monbon
I said it before, but I'll say it again:

FUCK YOU, MON.

I'm this 🤏 close of stealing you kneecaps, bitch.

Wait wut...

--
Edit
Also, when all four leader profiles are added. I will submit a post into the IC. Hoping to get them all in by the end of the weekend.

• OMG
Reactions: Ai-in Ayan
@happymech99 Quick question, would a mage school/organization be OK to make in Haven? If so I'll send you the details once I'm done talking with @Monbon

@EldridSmith
A school of such would be fine. I do not think I'll be allowing another whole big organization thing since we already have the World Government, Haven, and Ash Wolves in Lost Bastion...So yeah, depending on what the idea is, I'll let it slide.

• Thank You
Reactions: EldridSmith
To be fair, the Ash Wolves are looking pretty empty this time. Things might get a little interesting.

That aside, did you ever decide on whether or not you'd like to throw up a discord again?

@EldridSmith
A school of such would be fine. I do not think I'll be allowing another whole big organization thing since we already have the World Government, Haven, and Ash Wolves in Lost Bastion...So yeah, depending on what the idea is, I'll let it slide.
I don't recall seeing haven on the lore page interest check, and if I missed it I sorely apologize.

Last edited: