Demon Slayer: Age of Corruption

Ota Amiuchi - Location: Demon Slayer Corps HQ - Tokyo, Japan - Oct 1 - Morning

Mentions: Various Interactions: Various

"The hell... What Barn were you- No I'm not a Demon! And no, I ain't tell'n yah shit on how I got these teeth."

Sighing a bit he motions to his shoulder, she wasn't the first to climb on him like a monkey, though the last time it was in the days of his monk training. With the patience of a saint, he takes a deep breath as the chaos around him builds.

"Listen here you little animal, if you want to sit on someone or climb on them, do it properly and ask, and sit on my shoulder or on my Naginata, I think I could hold up two of you, well depending on who.. Now get down and sorry Pinky, a bit odd seeing an idol here, but I'm not much of a Bodyguard. I rather cause harm to things than to guard them from said things."

Moving his eyes around the room. Pinning them on William for a bit, he maintains a not so friendly smile. Cocky little shit, need to knock you down a peg or two if this keeps up.

This group was something else that was for sure, then yet another demon arrived and left, then arrived again wearing a bomb collar.. Craning his head to the side, Ota was not 100% sure this was the right class room, it was an absurd joke. A human that looked like a demon, an idol, two school kids a group of gaijin, two demons and a Ninja walked into a bar.. It was then that the female demon said something that made him wheeze a little.

It was a good question. Either way he keeps his position, if anyone got hazed it was not about to be him, he knew how the game worked. Taking a breath he calms himself and mutters aloud; ""Namu Amida Butsu."

Maybe it all would not be so bad but so far this unit was something else, would it all really be alright? At least with the Demons he could look at it as a enemy of my enemy situation, but why so many outsiders, why the idol and the school kids, the ninja made sense.. Then again he was a Yakuza turned Monk that went around killing the Demons... "Praise the Buddha in realization of all things."

Reactions: Mini and Thaleko
RgDpIoT.jpg
Hana Suka
Demon Slayer Corps HQ - Tokyo, Japan

Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016

Time of day:Morning
~~

Hana sighed. She had just set everything up to be neat and orderly, and almost immediately, they all jumped back to it all. It was astonishing that this was the case, but there seemed to be no sense in trying to keep order in this situation. "We are all demon slayers. That's why we're here is it not, even those who are demons themselves. History wouldn't be as interesting without fratricide after all. Therefore, I see nothing wrong with use working alongside demons." She said to the ninja. "You'll have to tell me who you're dressed as later. I swear it's on the tip of my tongue."

She looked toward the group of three, the idol, the school girl, and black-haired boy. "Oh wait, I think I've heard of you. Plenty of death threats. Though I can see that you aren't too concerned with them. Aki, Azen, and Cumpie, was it? Please to meet your acquaintance."

She cleared her throat, and addressed the whole room.

"If you all must know, I am Hana Suka. I am here to bring an end to suffering of both humans and demons. I have learned that the most effective way, as tragic as it may seem, is through the sword. I want to hunt demons because I was supposed to die from an attack. However, I learned from it, and now I am here. I hope we can all work hard to ensure that we achieve our goal of eradication of hostile demons... And I'm certain many of you would prefer not to die in the process."

Just then a new demon arrived and the sharp toothed man revealed to have a sharp tongue as well. She looked around at the commotion of the new demon who had entered and was swearing up a storm, clearly not being friendly in spite of what she claimed. She walked over to the demon, and crouched down next to her.

"So that's how you are friendly to others? I personally don't mind. I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable, you little shitstain. However, even to my suprise, we all are here because we survived Final Selection. That means that at least to a certain degree, we are all capable of fending for ourselves. So I hope you can learn to accept that we will be allies to rely on dumbfuck."

Hana's voice was not angry or aggressive in any way, which made her use of profanities stick out like sore thumb. She didn't have any real issues with cursing, but given her lax attitude it always came across as weird. In fact it was almost hard to hear with all the commotion. Whatever this meeting was for, it was likely about to start.

Hana took her spot back in line. "Now then, where is this master we are supposed to be meeting?"

Last edited:
  • Haha

Allister "Marmot" Marmon

DSC Headquarters - Meeting Room.

Date:

Saturday, October 1st 2016, Now

Interactions:

William, Azen

Allister smiles as Azen introduces himself, then turns to William. That's one hell of a coincidence. Wouldn't be the most out there thing, but it seems suspicious to me. He's exactly the type of person I'd send as a spy or covert operative. Best not to let him know I'm suspicious if that is the case. He offers a hand for a handshake. "Nice to meet you, I don't believe I caught your name? And yes, I'm American, although I've been living here for the past few years. How about yourself?" He gives William a business smile, waiting to see how he'll react.

He winces as the new demon comes bursting into the room. Great. I can live with the happy-go-lucky ones, but if one of them can't even be bothered to pretend they want to be here, this might be a problem. As he's about to open his mouth to say something, however, the demon runs back out the door, disappearing for a few moments before going over to speak to the so-called "serpent". He shakes his head. Whatever, it's better than her trying to sleep in here, at least.

Last edited:
Azen Javier Kamado
Date:
Saturday, October 1, 2016
Time of day:
Early Morning

~~ Introducing Shuichi Inara

Just when Azen had thought that nobody else would be joining them, another demon came in announcing herself. Still, his focused remained on the idol. Something was different about her compared to what he remembered from her career pre-retirement. He couldn't place it though. He was glad she seemed pretty cool though, a big grin spreading across his face as she retaliated against the other girl's gremlin comment. "Hell yeah, I know you couldn't be all cutsie like you were on tv and shit."

On top of the autograph for Aki she offered something for Mori. That gave him an idea. "Maybe after alls said and done you and I can video chat him or somethin. That'd def make his day. Only if you're down though!"

He stepped back though as Aki wrapped her arms around Cupie. She was as big a ball of energy as anyone could be. He almost forgot about it. Even so, as the Demon girl answered a myriad of unasked questions, and he saw the initial excitement drain from Aki's face. He cleared his throat. The girl had been so excited that she'd pulled the former idol's face right between her breasts in a hug that was indeed ongoing. "Uh... Aki... Make sure she can breath," he said trying to hold back a small laugh. The girl wasn't quite large, but even smaller pillows could suffocate an unsuspecting victim.

However, Azen did break, laughing a bit as the girl announced herself and commented on his rank. "Sorry Aki. Here we're about the same level. Both the lowest-" he paused, interrupted by the girl who was having trouble accepting demons. He wanted to know the angle too. But not the Demon's. The Slayers. He opened his mouth to respond to her once more, but it seemed somebody had that covered. Hana. The girl who'd sat next to him. Kaida surely could have gone back and forth for a bit, but soon Hana was on her way to respond to Amaya. He sighed. This was gonna be more trouble than it was worth, between her and the jolly-shark toothed giant. It also seemed the pretty boy, Will, was interacting with Allister. Things seemed to falling into a sort of natural social rhythm. Whether that was good or bad remained to be seen.

"Ah... You didn't know? The twins said the Master isn't coming to meet us. A superior sure, but not the master."

Just then, an unknown voice rose above the chatter in the room. "Someone was paying attention to the twins." The voice was smooth. It overpowered even Ota's voice in command, though it didn't seem aggressive in the least.

Azen quickly turned to find a man not much taller than himself, maybe 6' tall standing behind him. He seemed to disappear from sight for a moment, suddenly next to Ota in what seemed to be the blink of an eye, almost instantaneously. What the fuck? I didn't even feel his presence...

The man whistled, seeming impressed by the quick movement. "Nice move. Not a common Kamado move," he said with a calm smile. "Still, you should try to chill. I'm not here to hurt anybody." The man lifted a cigarette to his lips. "Although I get why you would be on edge Kamado," he said as he prepared to light the cig before realizing there were no windows.

Azen's posture loosened, the look on his face shifting from the worry a moment ago to a slight scowl. "Yeah well, I'm not too worried about any of that."

"Fuck me, there are no windows in here," They could have at least given one with a shade. He huffed, putting the cigarette away. "Anyway," he began clearly a little peeved at being unable to smoke, "I'm Shuichi Inara. I'll be your primary commanding officer. A liaison of sorts between you lot and the master. I'll also be collaborating between some of your personal handlers." As Shuichi explained he strolled about the room. "In my absence, Ota will serve as a suitable human shield to hide behind. Ya know, assuming you all can't hack it."

Azen began to speak. "Don't worry, I ca-" He stopped immediately, interrupted by a swift chop to the throat before he was swept off his feet and dropped onto his back.

"Do try not to interrupt me little buddy," Shuichi said softly, his smile never leaving his face.

Azen coughed. "Fuckin... Sorry." he said, a relatively quick recovery as he sat up.

"Anyway," he paused. "Oh, Aki. I didn't realize you'd be here. Tell your Uncle I said high. He was my junior, y'know." Shuichi laughed a little more. "It truly is a small world, isn't it?" Still, his face grew a bit more serious. "Now, if I'm being honest. Good as many of you may have made out in the final Selection, none of you are quite considered cream of the crop." he breathed a small sigh.

Azen opened his mouth to speak, but stopped himself.

"Two demons, a former idol, a dead girl walking, a revenge obsessed kunoichi, a foreigner with a cloudy past, a foreigner with a frail composition, a giant with sketchy background, a sweet little ditz," he paused tossling Aki's hair as he said this and chuckled. "And then there is the Kamado. They were especially heavy handed in trying to keep you out kid," he stared down at Azen. Though it certainly wasn't a secret, Azen was hoping to get the chance to deal with that information on his own terms. "Lucky for you misfits, this kind of underdog story is my bread and butter," he grinned before continuing, "So, I'm taking up the burden of this little scrappy group. And it'll be starting with patrol tonight."

"Tonight?"

"Yes Kamado."

"Azen."

"Tonight, Kamado, you'll all be released into the night. Each of you will be tasked with dispatching 2 demons. After all, Tokyo has become a preverbial demon breeding ground. The night life has died considerably, and those who do brave the night risk death and addiction. Soooo a few demons shouldn't be hard to find. Until then. I'll be giving you all a little training throughout the day until the moon rises. I hope none of you had plans." Shuichi smirked as he tossed each person in the room communication transceiver. "Don't let those break. They'll keep you in contact with each other as I don't recommend traveling in a group. Oh and remember, you'll be leaving your uniforms on. You can wear anything you want over them though. Any questions?"

Ota Amiuchi & Yumi Tanka - Location: Demon Slayer Corps HQ - Tokyo, Japan - Oct 1 - Morning

Mentions: Various Interactions: Various

As Ota watches he clicks his tongue a bit at being used as a shield, though the man implied he would be the first shield. What an unusual boss, beats who hired him at least. Standing by impassively for the most part as the explanation was given he seen that the devil was indeed given form with words alone.

"Ah, Inara-san were you trying to leave me behind again? And come now he's not Sketchy at all, I hired him didn't I, because you are in a police station doesn't mean you are in the wrong. Innocent until proven guilty as the Americans love to say!"

With that a woman that had some of the tapperings of the old uniform on but with much more modern tactical gear and a great coat over it enters the room. "I don't much like how some of them are standing around like they own the place, can I beat one or two of them? That's always fun, a bit of hazing you know."

Pausing for a bit she smiles and bows. "Ah yes. Yumi Tanka is I, I'm your second in command. If Inara-san is not around then I'm in charge, if I'm not around the Shark Monk is."

"The fuck? Why am I Shark Monk?" "Well isn't that obvious, I could call you a monk fish, but I like to think you are a little more handsome than that.. Either way such is the law, or do some of you think you are big enough to knock me down?"

Watching as the communcation devices were given out, she holds out one as well. "Ara, ara, my, my Inara-san... Not even instructing them. Remember, there are three buttons and two nobs as well as one microphone. The later can be put into a watch, pendant, taped to your throat, anything really. You speak it plays..." Going into a detailed explanation it was possible to shut out non-commanders from speaking with you, selecting who was closest, speaking to several or all or one person of note.

"Oh yes, we also record the conversations, if you die it's nice to know how~." With that out of the way, she smiles thinly. "When I do offically see you all, I suggest you know what a line is.. or don't. Ah yes, I teach.. Well you'll see soon enough~ So enjoy your time with him, I'll be seeing you all sooon." Leaving the room in a cheery sounding manner, Naginata pole in hand, Ota puts the transceiver into his ear and ponders what to do with the mic as he grunts briefly.

"She's nice, once you get past the razor wire.. So training huh? I'm game." He didn't fully understand the importance being placed upon the boy and was unconcerned with the kill quota for the time being.

Kaida Kageryu

Date:
Time of day:
Early Morning
Mentions:
@Reanimator Spuds @Demon Shinobi

Why had she even bothered playing nice? No one seemed to have given a fuck. Whatever, it was no skin off her back. Only another female chose to respond. What she said was by no means the end of it, but whatever. How could she see nothing wrong with it? They were demons. No matter what they said, that was still a fact.

Relaxing, she took her hands off her blades, realizing the issue of the demons was one either everyone was okay with, or they didn't bother to bring it up at the moment. Kaida figured it was just a waste of energy at the moment. All she said to the other girl was, "Huh? What are you talking about? I'm dressed the same as you." She sighed and leaned against the nearby wall, placing her foot flat up against it. A "too cool for school" type demeanor from her. Which carried on as she spoke just a minute later.

Suddenly the group would meet a couple of their apparent superiors. First up was a man with a haughty smile on his face, who spoke in a condescending tone. She slid off her place on the wall, and stepped over to the dark-skinned boy. Leaning towards him she murmured. "Ah, he's one of those smug upper ranks who think their seniority makes them superior, so he acts all patronizing, proud, and cavalier. He tries to hide it behind his apparent classy exterior. But we see it, we see it. I've seen many pompous seniors like him." She shrugged, "You learn to get used to them." She tried to comfort the dude, patting his shoulder.

Then a female made herself known, and drew Kaida's attention immediately. Initially, the shinobi was impressed a female was in such a position of superiority! But then she spoke with the same, similar, pompous cadence as her male counterpart. Well, she wasn't quite as bad, and Kaida listened as she instructed about the weird communication device that was given to her. Kaida watched her depart with a bit of admiration glinting in her eyes.

"Oh, you know our back stories," she whistled, "good for you, aren't you just so special~" She held up her hands in a defensively 'giving in' position. "Joking, boss-man. Finally! Talking about why we're here~!" She seemed to be a bit disappointed. "Only two?" She clicked her tongue. "No plans, boss-man. We're here to slay demons, train, slay demons, train, etc, so on and so forth~ In that order~" In a swift movement that was so fast it was a blur, she whipped out her tanto, and flipped it around a few times in a display to punctuate her point. Only to catch it and draw her hand down its shiny blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mini

Allister "Marmot" Marmon

Date:
Saturday October 1st, Now

Interactions:
Shuichi Inara, Kaida Kageryu

As the first of the two trainers comes in, Allister turns back away from William, snapping to attention. Damn it. And here I thought I might finally be free of the drill sergeants. He continues to stand at attention, waiting for the trainer to finish speaking. At the mention of "foreigner with a cloudly past", however, he speaks up. "Sir, if 'foreigner with a cloudy past' is supposed to refer to me, I believe a dossier of my history and past assignments should have been sent to the DSC when I was transferred over." He gives the trainer a slight smile, attempting to indicate that he isn't attempting so much to contest the statement so much as clarify that the information should be out there. It is possible that the trainer just simply wasn't informed, or that the information was lost at some point.

As the second trainer throws over the communicator, he catches it, tucking it into a pocket to deal with later, then winces at Kaida's antics. If she was just a tiny bit less of a cocky bastard, I might almost feel sorry for her. "If you plan to kill demons, it may be in your best interests to make friends with the people who will be giving commands and training us, instead of being openly antagonistic. Tends to net you less suicidal missions and better training quality."

Last edited:
RgDpIoT.jpg
Hana Suka

Time of day: Morning
~~

So then, they were still not as formidable as would be expected of them. This was somewhat shocking to Hana, at least if she really cared. "Top of the list or bottom of the barrel, is honestly something that doesn't matter. We can get stronger and that is what we will be focusing on." Hana then turned to Kaida, who was listing off why they were there in the first place. Allister addressed her, but left one one detail of crucial importance.

"Also your order is wrong. If we're training first, the order would be train, slay demons, train, slay demons, in that pattern, not the other way around." She said. The girl was headstrong and stubborn. It would be fun trying to put up brick walls for her to break down. As well as do something about her haughty sense of pride and overconfidence.

She took her head set from Inara, and listened to Yumi's instructions on how they function. The prospect of how people died was interesting to Hana to say the least. Those final moments can be quite fascinating. "May we be able to listen to those recordings?" She asked, her 'excitement' not present in her voice, or her face.

Other than that, she awaited further instruction towards their training for the day.

Ota Amiuchi & Yumi Tanka - Location: Demon Slayer Corps HQ - Tokyo, Japan - Oct 1 - Morning

Mentions: Various Interactions: @Reanimator Spuds

"Hahaha. Well aren't they spirited? Survive a couple missions and I might be nicer to you. Till then you are like American GI's in Vietnam, landmine testers. Survive and you'll be part of the Squad."

She says sticking her head back around the corner to address Hana; "No. Unless there is a need. In the case of a death if the information concerns one of you directly or the safety of the squad you will be allowed to listen in on it."

And with that she really did leave this time.

"Err...well, what now boss man?"

Looking at the ninja, she was really asking for it, he almost felt sorry for her, but he knew a training example would be needed and better her than him for that beatdown. He was a monk, not a Knight. Attaching the mic to a choker, this would be good enough, Naginata in hand he awaits further orders.

Kaida Kageryu

Date:
Time of day:
Early Morning
Mentions:

"Antagonistic? Me?" Kaida began, glancing over at the male who spoke in response to what she had to say. "I'm just saying, if someone is strong, then they shouldn't feel the need to boast about their strength or flaunt it to a bunch of apparent rookies. That's all."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not trying to renounce their authority right off the bat. I merely mean that too often these 'superiors' forget that they were once where we are. They think their station means they can talk down to their subordinates. Well, respect is a two way street. But I'm no stranger to having superiors. Shinobi understand the chain of command. In my experience, it just goes smoother if there's mutual understanding and respect.~"

Taking care not to disturb her ponytail, Kaida folded her arms behind her head. "Why openly patronize and talk down to your subordinates~? It only breeds contempt~ Which, if I'm not mistaken~ Leads to a toxic environment, loss of respect, rebellion, and insubordination. In other words, the subordinates are none to keen to listen to their senior officers, they disobey and ignore orders, and then everything falls apart~"

It seemed someone else had to put their two cents in. This time another female. Which had Kaida stare at the other girl, only then to glance off to the side, puffing her cheeks. "Nah~ slaying demons comes first.." she mumbled.

Reactions: Mini
Amaya
Meeting Room - HQ - Tokyo, Japan
Date:
Time of day:
Morning?
~~

Amaya stuck her tongue out at the woman who leaned down and swore at her through a mix of other words. The girl with the green eyes walked away and the female demon sighed, already turning back to the other demon beside her. She quirked an eyebrow and continued to wait for his reply.
The two people who were supposed to be their trainers walked in and started talking, but Amaya's vision grew fuzzy and she stumbled a bit, her balance thrown off. She shook her head roughly and blinked quickly, her vision returning to normal. She tilted her head and caught the end of what the female trainer was saying. Grabbing her communication thing, she opened up the battery and tweaked a few things in it. Holding it away from her body, she turned one of the knobs a quarter to the left and an earsplitting metallic shriek poured out of it. Amaya nodded to herself and turned the knob back, cutting off the sound, and closed the battery compartment. She clipped it to her collar.

"Hey, person with the grey hair in the ponytail, why is it always demons who should come first? You should train your body to be able to fight the wannabes." She held in a yawn and covered her face with her sleeve. "And even I know not to be stupid and insult our trainers. They have pretty good hearing, I should know that. Caught me a lot of times when I didn't want to-never mind. Story for later. But know that they're better then you are at the moment, so be grateful they're on your side." Amaya said, barely holding back a cheeky grin. But her amusement shone through in her almost other-wise expressionless eyes.

She turned back to the other demon in the room, all emotion being drained from her face. They already hate demons enough, who knows what will happen once they find out about Father...I'll be shunned. Even Mr.Serpent here might side with them over me. I already know some of them who'll probably jump at the chance to kill me. She shook her head and pulled a random flower out of her hair, twirling it between her fingers. She looked up at the male demon, and waited.

Last edited:
Emika "Cupie" Sakurako

Time of day: Early Morning

Mentions: Few people
Interacting: Aki (@EmperorsChosen ) @Superior

Emika expected many things from a fan. Some screaming, a big smile, maybe a request for a picture. What she hadn't expected was a face full of boobs from that blue haired girl. Said woman seemed intent on not letting her go, because the shorter girl had to try and squirm and wiggle her way from Aki's grasp until Emika was bapping at the girl's forehead with her hands until she was finally free from the suffocation.

Emika's face was flushed red and she took in a gasp of air, "D-Did you learn your manners from a fucking dog?!" She questioned Aki as she fixed her hair and clothes with a 'hmph!'.

It wouldn't be long until she realized that there were two new people in the room, these two looking to be their superiors. Huh.

They were given communication devices, and it was made clear that they were going to go in teams. Alright, this should be easy enough assuming her partner was competent. Considering they all survived the Final Selection, she had to assume everyone was just that.

Okay, easy peasy. She clicked the device to her choker and did some adjustments.

"Oi, when are we leaving?" She asked the trainer. "I don't mean to be "that bitch" but I don't want to listen to technical arguing. How 'bout we all be happy to make friends with people who can kill us instead of giving them a reason to. That sound fair?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaleko and Mini
Aki Kiyoko

~~

Hearing Azen's warning, Aki glanced back at him with a confused expression, as if she didn't entirely get it. Then she felt a smacking on her forehead and grimaced slightly, realizing what the boy had meant. Aki released her grip on Cupie, allowing the girl to breath and get her chastisement out. Aki recoiled, looking taken aback and apologetic.

"S-Sorry! I was just excited!" She whined submissively. That was a good start to making friends, and with someone as cool as the retired idol too.

Aki couldn't dwell on it though, as their superior eventually appeared before them. He was tall with an eyepatch and dark hair. He reminded her of her uncle in a way. Speaking of, it seemed the man knew him. Suddenly the girl's battered demeanor brightened again at the mention, not just that the man knew her uncle, but that they would spend the day training with each other and hunting demons together when the sun fell.

"You were Uncle Ishi senior?! Whah~" Aki appeared quite enamored with her teacher's senior, only noticing his second by the nickname she appointed to boy whom she scaled earlier. "Ah! So he is a Shark Man!"

As if reaching an epiphany, Aki bounced forward and took one of the devices, taking a moment to set the earpiece up.

"What's for training? Running? Sparring? Obstacle course? Weights?" Aki listed off in anticipation. Having only been trained unconventionally by one person, she was excited to experience a change of pace and have peers to go through it with.

Azen Javier Kamado
Date:
Time of day:
Early Morning

~~ Shuichi Inara

"Ah, Yumi~" Shuichi smiled at the girl joined him. "What? Me? When have I ever tried to leave you behind? Are you sure you aren't making things up in that pretty little head of your's?" he asked, playing coy at his actions as he messed around.

Azen meanwhile chuckled a bit, glancing at the girl who came to comfort him. Well, that's what he thought she was doing. He looked at her and smiled. "Heh, thanks for having my back beautiful," he said softly before looking back at the man who'd come to take charge of the group. Shuichi Inara. The name seemed familiar. "Still, I think there's more to him than... this." He straightened himself up a bit, dusting off his uniform. "You're name was Kaida right? I gotta say you really fill out that uniform nicely~" he said with a low whistle as he looked her over. The girl was in damn good shape, and pretty as hell to boot!

It would have been a lie to say he hadn't noticed how gorgeous some of the girls in the group were. Even the young demon girl was cute in a little sister kind of way! It was awesome!

"Don't chastize her too much Mr. Marmon," Shuichi spoke up once more, a calm smile present on his face. He liked the attitude. He didn't care if they liked him, but a strong will was necessary. "After all, in the end, whether or not she lives or dies will be on her." It was the truth wasn't it. As a team they would have to help each other, but that only went so far. "Besides, she's not entirely wrong. I am quite special. This 'patronizing' act, this 'pride,'" he said throuh a soft chuckle before continuing, "it comes from years of experience. It's more than just skill or talent. I actually know what I'm doing."

Azen sucked his teeth. However, the guy put it, he seemed like an asshole. Something was off... Was that really what he though?

"Besides..." Azen whispered to Kaida. "... I'm pretty sure he's doing this cause my old man put him up to it."

"You're impatient," Shuichi said to Aki. It seemed this was a relaxed bunch. Maybe he should have let Yumi have a go at them. Well, most of them. No... Better not. "We'll be starting with laps. You've all got a pretty good handle on Total Concentration Breathing. But it's still pretty piss poor." He chuckled as he waved for them to follow, exiting the room. He would led the group out to the back patio, overlooking a koi pond. The patio itself was well shaded from the Sun. Yami and Amaya could perform their exercises, while the others would be able to begn working on theirs.

"The Demons will begin with pushups. The humans will begin with laps around the compound." As Amaya and Yami got into position for pushups, he would place sitting statues on their backs, heavy as all hell, possibly heavier than they could have possibly imagined. And he lifted these like they were nothing? "The rest of you will be running laps. You'll have to run the length of the compound. 25 laps to be exact. You'll go until you are able to fulfill a single lap while maintaining total concentration breathing the enire way. Each time you fail, I'll give you another lap. You'll run until you can finish a lap with total concentration breathing, or until you reach 100 laps. Any questions? No? Good. Now begin!"

Azen scoffed. That... That was damn near impossible! He didn't know about the rest of them, but he hadn't been able to do it. His father made it out to be a big deal of some kind. It must have been if they were starting with it out the gate. And they'd be doing this until night? He took a deep breath.

"I'll give you all a minute before you're required to start." Shuichi wasn't playing games.

"Damn... Guess it's time to go," Azen said with a small sigh before taking a breath. The same as always. Everything just, slowed for a moment. And soon, he lifted his leg to run.

"Oh! And run along the compound wall!" Shuichi called out causing Azen to break his stride and stumble. "It'll help improve balance and give you a more strenuous exercise to keep up with. Oh, and that's 26 laps, Kamado."

"Wha?! Grrr..." Azen growled before beginning again, running forward, and jumping up onto the wall. He wasn't gonna fuck this up! He just had to run, right?

Interactions: None Mentions: None​

100 laps? The Hell kind of training was this, middle school? Ota thinks to himself, unless the distance was long he seriously doubted this was all it could be, there had to be a trick or something to it.

Ah that was it, run on the wall..

Who ran on walls?!

THE HELL?!

Shrugging it off the big man climbs his way up and starts his attempt. It was a big and wide wall at least if not a bit steep, then there were the entry points to climb over, still he had to show he earned his spot, if not to the rest then to himself.. Hefting his Naginata over his back the man begins his run. He was sure the squirrel girl would have little trouble with this, but as for the rest he wasn't sure who could or if any of them would make it to 100 laps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaleko and Mini
Kaida Kageryu

Date:
Time of day:
Early Morning
Mentions:
@Demon Shinobi @RedArmyShogun

Kaida heard the voice that was directed at her. Hmph. 'Person in the gray-haired ponytail'. How disrespectful! She frowned, realizing who it was. It was a freaking demon. Why was a freaking demon talking to her?

"Better 'n me?! Ha! Says who? How do you know? Why? Because they're higher rank? Hmp, oh please. ..Better'n a shinobi, my ass.. That remains to be seen. And until it does.." she shrugged, "then it's whatever." She was more annoyed that the demon had drawn out a response from her, rather than what she had actually said. Kaida inwardly chastised herself for being lured in by the demon. Even if it was only to speak.

Kaida gave a furrowed glance at the male, raising her eyebrow. Then a minor blush appeared on her cheeks at the compliments. She really filled out her uniform?? What was that about?

"Huh? Your old man?" she repeated, wondering what he was getting at.

Then she followed the instructor out. The koi pond had a nice tranquil sound to it, with a few little fish splashies. Kaida noted the covering that kept the patio in shadows. Damn demons..

Kaida chuckled. This was a pretty grueling test, she had to admit. But instead of worrying about like some of the others probably were, she instead found it entirely engrossing and exciting. "Heh heh~" she chuckled, before taking a deep breath of Total Concentration Breathing and beginning the run. Only to swivel around mid-run and wave at the people who hadn't yet started. Her eyebrow flicked up at the boy she had just previously talked to. "You okay?" she asked in a slightly mocking tone at his fumble. Then she turned back around and hopped up onto the compound's wall, easily running along it with her ninja balancing skills. She ran along tightropes! This was nothing! She passed the big man and gave him a nod of respect.

Last edited:
Aki Kiyoko

~~

"Eh? I'm excited!" Aki replied cheerfully to Shuichi. Her statement was perhaps unsurprising to her peers, especially those that had knowledge of who she was already. The prospect of running laps only seemed to increase the girl's energy. "Yes! I'm great at running! I did track in school! This is my specialty!"

With a confident huff, the girl began to bounce up and down on her heels before jogging in place, presumably working herself out for the task ahead. However, suddenly she took pause, as if only just now thinking of something she hadn't before.

"Uhm... What's Total Concentration Breathing...?" Aki inquired with an awkward scratch of her cheek.

She wasn't sure how the others had trained, but her own sessions had consisted of nagging her uncle to teach her. Then, when the man ultimately caved, trained her in a very pragmatic sense. He would show her how to do something then drill her on it. Other than that, Aki would just train her reflexes during sparring sessions. Uncle Ishiwata was never very much for vocabulary or lectures...

Suddenly, Aki saw one of the other girls speed off, turning back to wave at them before continuing. This only worsened Aki's anxious as she proceeded to start flailing around for someone to explain. Her eyes set on the shark person she had collided into from earlier, and then subsequently climbed. Suddenly, Aki was bouncing in front of him.

"Shark Man! What's Total Concentration Breathing! Please, please, please tell me?" Aki questioned hurriedly.

Reactions: Thaleko

Mention: @Jessica2477 Interaction: @EmperorsChosen

Grunting a bit as the pink haired idol passed him, she didn't seem all talk at least. He dared say she had some sort of training, the question was where and by who.. Before he could dwell on this much further he prepares his own breathing before Aki suddenly pulled along side him. "Eh?" Pausing for a bit as he listens and processes the information he wasn't sure how to take this. From how the boss was talking to her he assumed she had training of some sort.

"What you don't know? We have something like it at the temple, different name though. It's when you take in a deep breath and let it fuel your mind and body, everyone has their own breathing pattern though.. I mean you sorta need to know it if you want to fight even lesser demons. Part of why I got my rank was as I've been killing them already. To use better blade techniques you'll need to learn it. I'm just getting started myself, well, past started, but I'm not a pillar yet. It's taught to most as the breathing for sword strikes, but you can use it outside of that, some of the monks and slayers could do it even in their sleep yah know."

Oddly he had not cursed once during that bit of guidance, almost seemingly like the priest he was dressed up as.

"AND THE FUCK YOU MEAN SHARK MAN!?" So much for that... "Tch, says the squirrel girl, always climbing on others like they are trees."

Aki Kiyoko

~~

Aki listened to the man's explanation, though her facial expressions didn't convey that it was registering properly with her. At first the girl seemed panicked. Then, it calmed into more of a blank curiosity. Following that, her brows furrowed and eyes narrowed in confusion and her head tilted slightly to visualize that she was puzzled. Finally, she stared ahead, muttering his words to herself as if that would help her understand. Finally, she bounced with an audible gasp.

"Oh! Total Concentration Breathing is the whoosh thing when you use the sword skills! I know that! Thanks Shark Man! You're the best!" Aki cheered at the monk with a gleeful smile on her face again. "I can totally win the race!"

She turned her focus forward, not registering the squirrel epithet given to her. Aki's face became more serious a moment as she breathed in calmly, and suddenly she was off. Concentrating on her breathing, Aki dashed forward after Kaida, though while normally she would have started up a conversation, the high-schooler seemed far more focused. A face of uncharacteristic stoicism and determination showed. While dense enough to not know Total Concentration Breathing was called such, she apparently wasn't exaggerating that she was on the track and field team.[/COLOR]

Amaya
Outside Demon Slayer HQ - Tokyo, Japan
Date:
Time of day:
Morning
~~

Amaya grumbled to herself as the male trainer spoke up again, before leading the assorted members there out onto this...patio of sorts. She tilted her head to the side and listened to his words, her feet light and quick on the ground as she danced from one foot to the other. She glanced at the coverings over the patio many times, inspecting them and making sure they wouldn't suddenly fall and harm her and the other demon here. After glaring at the bright light held back with the coverings, she turned to the man who stood there, holding statues. "Hmph. Looks like I have no choice today." She knelt down first, tucking her shirt into her pants and pushing the sleeves up her arms. After cracking her neck, fingers, back, and wrists, the young demon got into the position she had been trained in. Legs out behind her and her hands on the ground, shoulder-width apart. Her horns shuddered for a minute before shrinking just enough for her to lower her head between her arms. She let out a slow breath-AND WHAT IN THE NAMES OF THE WHITE ONES IS THIS??? WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING HEAVY?? HOW THE HELL IS HE ABLE TO HOLD THEM? What the actual fuck is this bullshit? A startled squeak escaped her and she blushed slightly, angry at herself for showing weakness. The red quickly disappeared as she started to do the push ups, pushing herself up and down with what looked like ease, but if one looked closer, they could see the slight tension in her eyes and neck, the only obvious signs that she wasn't do as well as she looked. Amaya shook her head and kept at her work-out, glancing up and around at times, just to see what the others were doing and keep track of who was near her and who wasn't, who could harm her and who couldn't.