Demon Slayer: Age of Corruption

RgDpIoT.jpg
Hana Sukak

Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016

Time of day: Morning
~~

Hana didn't know how hard it would be. She had learned Total Concentration Breathing while drifting between life and death. She was in agony at the time, and the technique ususally put her in agony if she held it for an extended period of time. As she ran, she felt fine at first, but quickly began to feel the pain building in her lungs, it was intense. She flashed back to the agony of the hospital, and began slowing down before she had even finished a quarter of the lap. Everyone else was already leagues ahead of her. Hana kept running. There was conversation and trolling to be done, but everyone was so far behind.

As she finished up on her first lap, much slower than all the others, she heard Aki say that she didn't know Total Concentration Breathing by name. Which was beyond shocking. Didn't she have her uncle to train her? How could she be able to get this far without knowing. Still, the girl ran fast, and as she was passing her by, Hana couldn't help but watch her leave. There wasn't much, but what there was was nice and perky. She looked around, and noticed that of the other girls, the only one with a wealth of 'assets' would be Kaida, who completely knocked the others out of the park. Truth be told, Azen was absolutely correct about her.

When the mention of running along the wall, Hana's first instinct was reasonable, thinking he meant to simply run as close to the wall as possible, but as the others began to run, she realized that it was far worse. She took a deep breath and jumped, trying her best to stay up, but quickly was unable to keep the breathing up. She was stronger now than ever before, and yet the influence of her wound still haunted her. Hana continued to lag further and further behind her company.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaleko and Mini
Emika "Cupie" Sakurako

Time of day: Early Morning

Mentions: Few people
Interacting: Kaida (@Thaleko )

Was running all they would be doing? Lucky for her, Emika's stamina from many years of dancing, training, and parkouring made this exercise her forte. She wasn't sure about the others, who might have focused too much on their strength or techniques, but she had already thought of a plan on how to at least catch up to whoever was in first place. If there were obstacles around, well, thanks for making this exercise a bit more fun~

Their superior said to run along the wall; she could do just that. Hell, she could do that shit in her sleep! And that big tittied ninja lady thought she could be cocky and wave at them? Hmph! She'll show her!

Taking a breath of Total Concentration, Emika's legs moved in a blur as she ran. For someone as small as her, she was really booking it as quick as her feet could take her, but unbeknownst to everyone, this was Emika's cruise control. Ever since even before her training, Emika had been all about speed. Her Demon Slayer lessons had only enhanced her strengths to the point of making her the little pink speedster that she was.

Unfortunately, that meant she was blaring weaknesses in other places. While she could fight, and her punches did have a bit of a wallop to them, Emika was still lacking in that department.

If Kaida looked, she would see a small pink girl not only catching up to her, but passing her completely as Emika focused on the wall run and getting past whatever obstacle may be in the way.

"Ya gotta be quicker than that if ya wanna be cocky, Ms. Kunoichi!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mini and Thaleko
Azen Javier Kamado
Date:
Saturday, October 1, 2016
Time of day:
Early Morning

~~ @Thaleko @EmperorsChosen @Jessica2477
Shuichi Inara ~ @DrabiaTheKiller

"I'm fine," Azen said with a small laughed as he attempted to maintain the total concentration breathing, managing to keep up with Kaida, though he did lag a bit behind. Still, she'd asked about his father right? He shook his head. "Ah, nothing big. I guess the dude," he paused, feeling pain shoot through him. His lungs felt like they were on fire. He had spent most of his morning doing just this, so of course it already hurt dammit! "My father I mean... he is in charge of the Demon Slayer branch operating out of New York in America. Or something like that," he explained between breaths as he ran. It wasn't anything big right? Not like he was about to open up about his relationship with the man. Or his family... Or...

Azen shook his head again, losing focus for just a moment as Aki he heard footsteps coming his way. The giant was on the wall. Azen was glad the guy was on their side at least. And then, Aki was coming toward him and Kaida. He glanced back toward his cute little underclassman. Wait... did she say something about a race? He looked forward again. The girl running not far in front of him. He had a decision to make... Did he stay behind and enjoy the view that only got better as Aki passed him, or did he join in the competition? He tilted his head a bit, admiring Kaida and Aki, before shaking the distracting thoughts from his mind. No way was he about to lose to these...

"Crap..." He lost focus as Cupie passed him and then the girls. His breathing broke. "27," he growled to himself. He sucked in another breath, beginning to the total concentration once more. He wouldn't give their would be leader the satisfaction of telling him he had another lap. Still, as he surveyed the sight before him, Azen couldn't help but pressed his hands together before himself. He looked up for just a moment. "God," he mumbled almost inaudibly. "I thank you for the bountiful harvest you've placed before me." What he didn't appreciate was the choice he'd been given along with it. "But you've got a real sick sense of humor," he couldn't help but say a bit louder.

As he prepared to take up the challenge of the race, he clapped his hands against his cheeks, shaking his doubts away. Maybe those weren't the cheeks he wanted to clap, but dammit he had to get his head in the game. He began to run faster. He'd been working on this for a while. He could handle this. The ninja was confident, Aki was a pretty good track runner, and Cupie was surprisingly fast, but he wasn't about to go down without a fight! So of course, he endeavored to passed the first to girls up. "See you two on the other side!" He said as he gave Aki and Kaida a smile and a wave before focusing on Cupie.

Good lord if that ass wasn't enough motivation to get closer. No... That wasn't the point of this. He had to try and win. Buuuuut... "Well, color me surprised. Didn't expect a former idol to be such a badass," he said with a small grin as he came up beside the pink haired girl. "Hope you're down for a serious challenge." He certainly was. "You guys aren't the only ones with a little bit of speed on you. Though I know for sure I'm gonna miss the view from the back," he added with a small laugh as he began to pull ahead of the girl.

Shit laughing hurts. He thought. But he couldn't let a little pain stop him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, sitting under the shade, Shuichi Inara laughed a little bit. "Don't be so pessimistic. Of course you have a choice," he said to the demon as she got down to begin her exercise. "Succeed or fail." Perhaps that follow up was a bit more deadpan than he'd intended, and maybe a bit more annoying than the young demon girl had expected to hear, but the man said it with such a jovial smile on his face. You might even think he was enjoying this. Still, how would he know if the others actually completed their task? What if they lied about fulfilling the requirement?

"Hmmm I hope they don't get caught..." he said to himself softly. He may have had a spy or two setting out to watch the group from various angles of the headquaters. The twins would be watching. Maybe Yumi would even lend him her aid. "Hm... if she did... I'm sure she'd add something extra along the way. That'd be a nice surprise." In truth, Shuichi had as much an idea about something like that as the rookies would. He shook his head. Maybe this would be more fun than expected! Or maybe not. Only time would tell.

Allister "Marmot" Marmon

Date:
October 1, 2016 - Now

Interactions:
Aki, Azen, Cupie, Kaida

At the announcement that the group would be running laps around the compound trying to maintain Total Concetration Breathing, Allister groans. This is going to be awful. Hopefully I don't come in dead last, or I won't be able to show my face in front of the team anymore. As soon as the instructor mentions they will be running on the wall, he blurs off towards the wall, but is quickly overtaken as he slows down after his initial burst of speed.

A quarter lap later, Allister is maintaining a reasonable position in the group, but is nowhere near the front. Holy shit. Who would've thought that they'd be that fast? He takes a deep breath, attempting to push himself to increase the number of bursts he could maintain per lap.

Another quarter lap later, he's finally catching up with the front-runners, but he's beginning to wheeze. He's definitely going to be doing a lot of additional laps. What's he at now? 30? 40? He might as well just do the full 100 at this rate.How the hell are they not starting to get tired? He pushes himself a bit harder, coming up to the cluster at the front of the group. "Do you guys know some secret to this that I haven't been clued in on? Or are you all just in really good shape?" To this point, the longest Allister has managed to keep TCB up has been roughly ten seconds, but most of the time, he can hardly hold five. His pure bursts of speed during the time he was able to keep it going have barely kept him able to keep up with them, and he's hoping they know some secret he doesn't.

Last edited:
Kaida Kageryu

Date:
Time of day:
Early Morning
Mentions:
@Demon Shinobi @EmperorsChosen @Jessica2477

Wait. Had she overheard that right?? The freaking flea had no idea what "Total Concentration Breathing" was?! Was that even possible?! How'd she even get this far without knowing!? Surely not.. Surely she was just joking around. Then again, no. Kaida could tell by the tone of her voice, that blank, yet confused, look on her face. That she meant exactly what she asked.

"Whoosh thing with sword skills"? No way. She couldn't be this dumb. Who on earth taught her!? Kaida frowned as the girl took a breath and caught up to her, passing her. Only to mention this was a race! Kaida blinked in surprise. She didn't recall the instructor person saying it was a race!

Her eyes flashed with a glare. There was no way she was going to lose a race to that dumb little twerp! No way!

She was now focused on the path in front of her. No more showboating to the lame slow losers behind her! With a glance behind and to the side, she saw the strange girl with pink hair catch up and pass her. Only to mock her, while calling her "Ms. Kunoichi". Then the dark-haired boy from before passed her! Okay, she should definitely have not been passed by him!

"Grrr~~!" Kaida growled in frustration. She was not about to be beat! None of these people had ninja training! They sucked in comparison. That was her view on the matter! It took her just a moment to come up with something.

Zsssshhh. She took in a deep breath. "Total Concentration Breathing. Second Form: Buzzing Shuriken Wasps!" She called. Pulling up four classic four-sideded shuriken with holes in the middle. Wires were tied in those holes. She had held back quite a bit on the technique, so it lacked any power, she really just needed to get these shuriken ahead of everyone. These were allies, not demons she would normally use this technique on. Still, they were competitors. Kaida through the four shuriken out in various arcs, the wires carried along to cause a barrier in front of all the peeps in front of her.

With one last sharp intake of TCB she darted forward. If her little net worked she'd easily bypass the group once more with that burst of speed and a leap over them, ignoring any immediate stinging sensation in her chest.

Reactions: Mini
Aki Kiyoko

~~

As Aki passed Kaida a moment, Cupie was quick to zoom passed the both of them with Azen quickly in tow. The girl's breathing was steady and controlled as she ran. Perhaps it was her training in track, but she was quite good at regulating her breathing and energy. Though even with that, Aki could feel a strain in her chest. Her extracurricular activities may have given her an extra bit of training that lent experience to this, but she still felt the pain of keeping the breathing technique up for longer than usual. She only seemed capable of pushing through the pain due to her focus, the very same focus that was subsequently interrupted by a certain ninja.

While Aki appeared to ignore the presence of the others in order to focus, it was harder to ignore as she felt resistance when taking a step forward. Feeling something tug at her feet, her breath caught in her throat in a strange-sounding gasp as she tumbled forward and down off the wall. Landing onto the ground, Aki rolled a bit, now the pain from use of the breathing technique fully obvious to her.

"A-Aouww..." Aki groaned a bit as she caught some of her breath before shooting up into a sitting position. She slapped her cheeks a bit as a bit of a jump-start before hopping up to her feet.

Breathing in again, Aki once again broke off into a sprint, running along the wall before transitioning to the side of it. Her face exhibited strain, having broken the concentration once and taken a brief, though unwanted, break. Eventually, she began to catch up with the group when another voice took her out of focus again. She coughed a bit, breaking total concentration breathing again before glancing to Allister.

"Eh? Hm... Well, I did track, so I'm pretty used to controlling my breathing and pacing myself. I guess that gives me a little bit of an edge. Don't worry about going so fast and go for distance. Oh! And try not to stop until you're fully done!" Giving the man some advice that Aki thought of at the top of her head, she glanced up ahead at Kaida, Cupie and Azen before pouting and glancing around again.

Allister wasn't the only one dying it seemed. There was a girl in the back who seemed to be struggling with the exercise as well. Humming, Aki smiled and began to slow her pace to reign in with Hana. Aki recalled when she first started that it was quite helpful to have someone pushing you along when your body thought it time to give in.

"Come on! Keep it up! Even if you have to go a bit slower, try to keep your pace up until you're done!" Aki tried to cheer the girl on. Hopefully having someone to push her would do as much good as it did for Aki when she was a novice.

Amaya
Training Place(Shaded Patio) - HQ - Tokyo, Japan
Date:
Time of day:
Morning
~~

Amaya glared at the man above her, mentally cursing him for putting those damned weights on her back. "How many do we have to do? I'm sure I've done at least a hundred by now. Do we have to wait for those humans to finish?" The words tumbled out of her mouth as she kept pushing her body up and down, her arms now straining with the effort. The weight of the statue things on her back sent a dull throb through her body, slowly wearing on her strength. "Succeeding is failing and failing means death." She bluntly stated, glancing around again, leaving the male to figure out what she meant by that. The shade was still there, and would be, at the pace the humans were moving at. "Fucking hell. If anything, let me run with them. I'd like to see if they're fast enough to outrun an elit-a demon." She caught herself and stared at the man. "Hey, mister. What was your name again?" She ignored the murmured words coming from him, but noted them, storing away the info from him and tucking it in one of the many corners of her mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaleko
Emika "Cupie" Sakurako
Time of day: Early Morning

Mentions:
Interacting: Azen (@Demon Shinobi ), Allister (@kookyboy9 ), Kaida (@Thaleko )

"What the-"

She looked over to the side and saw one of her team members, Azen, running next to her. Well, she wasn't surprised that everyone was catching up to her "mostly" cruise control. She grinned at him.

"Go ahead Chucklenuts. Lemme check out your ironing board ass before I leave it in the dust." Emika shot back in her own challenging tone. Oh yes, she was certainly up for a good challenge, and if the team could provide one, then even better.

She heard what Allister had to say, but before she could, the ninja girl had thrown out some sort of barrier in front of them in the hopes of stopping them from catching her.

What the fuck?!

"Oi! This isn't a competition!"

Emika, thanks to her training, was able to quickly leap, roll, and dodge these barriers that the ninja had put up. She hadn't looked back to see how the rest were doing because, well, now she was getting angry that someone would do something so dirty. She looked to Allister to explain to him the secret to her success.

"Years of dancing! Working out! Concerts every hour of every week when I went on tour and doing that shit with 3 hours of sleep! Running from fans and fatass creeps and weebs who can't take no for an answer! On top of that, years of parkour! You think ninja girl is gonna stop me?! Well we'll see about that, won't we?!"

Emika took in a breath, feeling a bit of pain coursing through her chest but ignored it.

"Total Concentration Breathing! Seventh Form! Love Love GET THE FUCK OUTTA THE WAY!"

With that, Emika was no longer just running, but was now zooming as quickly as her legs could carry her. Kaida would realize that Emika was closing the distance between them and closing it fast until, soon enough, she was passing her.

"Better run with your back straight, your melon tits are weighing you down!" Emika called as she passed by Kaida.

Last edited:
Yami 'The Silent Serpant' Watanabe Location: Demon Slayer HQ- Tokyo, Japan Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016 Time of day: Early morning ~~

He was mostly silent after his first initial introduction, it wasn't over shyness or him trying to be reserved, he was more so studying everyone else. There was the Kamado boy who he first got a glimpse of, who seemed to get easily irritated but wasn't afraid to talk the talk, the famous Idol, who seemed to be a cheerful inspiration instead a take-no-shit ball of fury, Allister, a well-fitted and mysterious male, who you wouldn't think would be a demon slayer, Kaida, a no filter shit talker, she hated his kind so he made sure to keep that noted, Ota, a giant and quite terrifying structure, but seemed to have a heart under that iron skin, Aki, a happy yet not overly cheerful girl, maybe one of his favorites so far, Hana, she was also quiet, too quiet for his liking, then finally there was Amaya, another demon? He was already intrigued, maybe even fearful.

He quietly listened to the man on what their task would be, it sounded almost too easy especially compared to his normal nights, they had to do laps while he and his new demon buddy just did push-ups? He didn't mind that at all. "Let's get to it!" He spoke out in cheerful glee, jumping in place before jumping into a planked position. Unknowing before it was too late, the smaller boy almost fell face first when the statues were suddenly dropped on his back. "AGHH! WHAT THE HELL!" He should have known it wasn't going to be that easy, being a demon slayer is never easy. As he pushed his body up, he looked over to the man who caused such pain. "I'm starting to think you're a demon too!"

Pushing through the pain that on his back, he turned to the girl who was also struggling through the task. "Is this guy demonphobic or what!?" He groaned through his second set, barely finishing his sentence.

Azen Javier Kamado
Date:
Time of day:
Early Morning

~~ Shuichi Inara

Azen chuckled a bit at Cupie's remark. "Chucklenuts?" It seemed he had a nickname. Not what he would have expected from the former idol, but she was surprising him left and right. Still one thing caught his attention. "And what? You're actually lookin to check out my 'ironing board ass," he couldn't help but laugh a little more, before coughing. It took everything he had not to drop and tumble forward. "Argh..." What a mood killer. He had a joke about his ass not being flat, but that didn't matter much as Kaida seemed to pass the group, after setting up a little road block.

Crazy... hot... bitch... He thought with a small groan as he attempted to pick up the pace once more. Still, Cupie was long gone soon after. He glanced at Allister. "Overall buddy," he began as he slowed his sprint to catch his breath before continuing, "my father's been training me physically for years now, plus I was a nationally ranked member of my school's Kendo team before I quit, and my dad's been forcing me to do Total Concentration Breathing drills for... I don't even know how long now." Azen explained as simply as he could. Still, he had a decision to make. Speed most certainly wasn't his forte. He never saw himself as slow, but these girls were something else. He huffed a soft breath. He still had an obstacle to worry about.

He'd have expected Aki to try and handle this, since Cupie had more or less just avoided it. Unfortunately, Aki had dropped to the back to help push Hana. He couldn't help but smile at that. Aki was a good hearted person. Least he could do was give them less to worry about. He took a breath. When they'd come out to begin this training, he'd been smart enough to bring the bokken bag holding his three blades. All he had to do was take one out.

Bringing out the Katana was an easy decision. He slipped it from the case, holding the still sheathed sword at his waist. "Let's just get these out of here," he said as he took a deep breath and darts forward with a brief burst of speed. "Shigure Soen Ryu: 8th form." As he got closer to Kaida's little trap he drew his blade. "Shinotsuku Ame." He slashed at the sort of barrier placed before him and his companions, the blade of the sword cutting around him and forming a cross slash. With this, he re-sheathed the blade, the wires no longer an issue for himself or anyone else for that matter.

And so as Azen continued his run, sheathed sword in hand, he settled for admiring the girls running before him. He wasn't likely to catch them again after all. And their backsides were quite the sight for sore eyes, after all.

Meanwhile!

"Oh Amaya, sweet sweet little Amaya. You won't be able to keep a secrete if you almost completely blurt it out accidentally like that all the time." he said softly as he hopped up onto the statue. "And my name is Shuichi. Shuichi Inara. Please try to remember it." Shuichi chuckled a bit and shook his head at the young Demons before hopping onto the stature resting on Yami's back. "Besides, hoodie or now, there isn't enough protection from the sun with those clothes. I've had spent outfits and masks made to protect you from the rays, but it'd hardly be an inconspicuous look to head out in. A hoodie can only provide so much protect after all."

Shuichi continued to leap back and forth between the two statues, laughing a bit more heartily at Yami's comment. "Me? A demon myself? Well which is it? Am I a demon or a demonphobic? Both maybe? Now wouldn't that be interesting?" Still, he couldn't just have them do push ups. He would soon have them switch to squats, while using the statues as weight of course. and then pull ups, with the statues attached to their legs. By the time the sun had set, the humans more than likely had run a great deal more than 100 laps as he had previously said they would. And once the sun had set, the demons would be set to run themselves while the human group began to repeat the exercises the demons had been subjected to, albeit with less weight, though still under the same level of intensity. There was no favoritism from the man.

Date:
Time of day:
Night

And so, as the training went on, the day turned to night and tired though they may have been, the time for rest had come and gone. Everyone had been given a chance to cool down, sit, lay, eat, drink, and anything else they may have wanted before reconvening in the same room they'd met just that morning. Shuichi had stood before them and given them a much "warmer" welcome.

"Alright, today has been fun thus far, but it was little more than a simple gauge of your abilities. You're strengths, weaknesses, and a cavalcade of other things. Myself, Yumi, and a few others were observing you. Quite the spectacle if I do say so myself. Though you all finished. Going forward, we'll be tailoring certain aspects of training for each of you. That is, following your performances tonight." Shuichi seemed to be beaming with pride, and yet something else laid beneath the surface. It was like he was inspecting each of them. "You'll be split into four groups: three pairs of two, and one team of three," he explained simply. "Each team will be assigned an area to patrol and weed out any hostile demons. What you do with them is your choice."

For a moment, the man seemed to grow a bit more serious as he spoke. "Kill indiscriminately. Bring in. Attempt to help. Whatever you wish to do. Whatever you decide to do, I'm giving you a quota. At least two. Kill two. Help two. Bring two in. I don't care. if you wanna do more. But I do urge you to consider all your options. Weigh the pros and cons. Don't think or act like mindless drones." This might have stricken the small group as a bit odd. After all, wasn't their job to follow orders without question? Shuichi and Yumi had presented themselves as holding hierarchy as important.

Azen listened closely. He was still a little tired from the exercises of the day, sore as all hell, but he'd found that a nice shower and a freshly cleaned the uniform helped quite in the rejuvenation process. He wondered if the others had had time enough to rest. Still that didn't matter as much now as the instructions did. They had indeed sat in order together. Lined up all nice and neat. He thought with a bit of an inward groan.

"Pay attention, cause I'll be splitting you up now and giving you the location you're to patrol." Shuichi paused for a moment, looking over the group before clearing his throat. "Azen and Kaida. You will be in charge of patroling the Tokyo Station and Marunouchi Areas. The Tokyo Station Area is where most visitors arrive in the city. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that time of day doesn't stop travel as much as it may have not too long ago. Watch closely, but also look out for activity in the nearby Marunouchi Area. It's an office district with lots of good restaurants and two good museums." Shuichi sided as he began to pace before the group, fighting the urge to light a cigarette. Damn windowless room.

Azen took note of this. He glanced at Kaida. There were worse partners to have. She seemed plenty tough and skilled. The beauty was a major plus, of course. Still, it wasn't like good looks was a lacking factor in this group.

"Allister, Hana, you'll be patrolling Shimabashi one of the four working districts south of Ginza if you feel the need to branch out further, I won't stop you. However, this area is full of interesting gardens and parks, along with heaps of great hotels and restaurants. A pretty good hunting ground for Demons who might be looking for a different kind of meal."
Shiuichi stopped. Was he thinking? He didn't have any papers or a phone. So was he just making this up on the spot? He shook his head.

"Cupie, Amaya, and Aki will make up the third team. I'm sure I don't need to explain why Akihabara, your patrol area is an important place to watch. Just try not to get too distracted out there."
There were only two names left. It wouldn't be hard to figure out who the final pair would be. "Ota, you'll be paired with Yami. You'll be patrolling Ueno. Keep an eye on the kid. Don't need him going AWOL in Ueno-koen Park. And pay close attention to the zoo and the shrine. Don't know why so many Demons are drawn to that place. Questions?"

Azen took a small breath. "Right. So, what's gonna be the transport to these areas?" He asked calmly, noting that Shuichi was traveling toward the door.

"Well, Unless you have a car, a motorcycle, or some other mode of transportation, you can travel on foot. It's part of what the TCB training is for."

Azen sighed at this response. "Right," he said, holding back the urge to huff. With that, Shuichi left the room, leaving them to take their leave as well. "Course," Azen added before hopping to his feet. He took a moment to fasten his three blades in each of their respective places on his person before throwing on his bag.

It hadn't taken long for Azen and Kaida to make it to their area of patrol. Now standing on the rooftop overlooking the station Azen shook his head. "Looks like it's gonna be a long night," he said to his companion for the evening as he checked over the somehow still bustling crowd of people. "God, the apocalypse could fall upon us and it wouldn't stop people from going out at night. A plague could fall upon us, and short of stationing a guard at every single home, people would still go out. Traveling, partying, whatever." Fair to his point, he was likely to be right among those people if not for his current place among the Demon Slayer Corps. He was here for a good time, not a long time after all. That is, if his "family" had anything to say about it. He looked at Kaida again.

Reactions: Thaleko and Mini
Kaida Kageryu

Demon Slayer Corps HQ - Tokyo, Japan; Tokyo Station, Marunouchi area
Date:
Time of day:
Early Morning - Night
Mentions:
@Demon Shinobi @Jessica2477

Kaida glanced back when someone tumbled off the wall. That annoying flea girl. "Heh. One down~" she chimed with obvious glee. That girl had speed! It was obvious. Kaida could admit enough that she posed quite the threat in a race. That was the girl with the lack of brains out of the running! Nice!

"N!" She watched as the pink-haired girl bolted right up to her with speed beyond what was shown before. "Hey!" She called, annoyed that the pink-haired girl could catch up so easily. Then her comment made her flash with surprise and vexation. "My what!?" she growled out. Then she glanced down at her chest, a tiny little pink tinge to her cheeks. Her uniform had popped open a bit, her endowments showing as ample cleavage.

"Grr~" Kaida fixed up her button and darted after her competition. "Nothing weighs me down! Not my melon ti- my ti- not even my breasts!" she called, running to catch up.

Behind her something else was happening. Hearing the boy intone his form, with the swift air-slicing whistle of a sword in motion, Kaida glanced backward once again. Slowing her run, she watched in horror. "Hey, asshole! Don't cut the wires! Fuck. Now I gotta replace them..! Ah man.."

~~

After the race, and more training which took them into the evening, Kaida stood in the briefing, arms folded, smoldering with her back up against the wall. She was lamenting the murder of her perfectly good wires. There was an obvious frown placed upon her face. At least I won the race... She inwardly consoled herself.

"Help them??.." she repeated incredulously, with narrowed eyes. What on earth did he mean? Were they not Demon Slayers? No. She was prepared to gut some demons tonight. She glanced at the dark-skinned boy who was made her partner. There was an obvious look of displeasure on her face. "Yes, sir, sensei.." she ruefully acquiesced.

~~

She was ruffling through her pack. There were still wires in there. Good. She would need them for the hunt. It was rude of her current partner to have cut the ones before. When she used them for demon hunting! At his comment, she responded with a snide joke.

"Heh, not used to long nights, wire-killer?" Kaida jeered her current companion, glancing over at him up on that roof. The ninja girl hopped up on roof's protective barrier that kept people from falling off, perched atop it in a squatting position. She surveyed the area below. The crowd of people was worrying. "I admit, I did not expect so many when hunting demons... It'll be tough to discern any demons in that crowd."

She glanced over at him. "Any ideas? Should we stick around? Go and mingle? Hunt another part of the Marunouchi area? How do we even hunt in the Tokyo Station? Patrol the subways?" She shrugged. "I hazard a guess some demons may be prowling down in those dark depths."

Ota Amiuchi - Location: Demon Slayer Corps HQ - Tokyo, Japan - Oct 1 - Morning

With a gruff huff, Cupie and her traps was getting old, aware of other dipshits attempting the same, Ota falls back a bit, whatever was dropped he would smash his way through. And so he did a few times, his defensive staying power was nearly as impressive as his pure physical strength as the naginata wielding warrior pressed onwards. While he was not the fastest he did lap a few of them and then took it slowly till most of the rest if not all of them had passed. Then there were the other tasks where he powered through them as well to one extent or another. With the day progressing to night he takes the time to power nap during the break before being awakened for what was next to come.

Ota Amiuchi - Location: Demon Slayer Corps HQ - Tokyo, Japan - Oct 1 - Night
Interactions: @Mr.Scales ⚖

Listening to the bosses words and team arrangements, it seemed he was stuck on babysitting duty. Well a very old and dangerous baby, but nonetheless.. As the conversation went on, he couldn't help but think the Demon Slayers were being hung out to dry, other nations had taken different actions to the problem, while Japan just handed out swords and told the hunters to walk if they needed to get somewhere. The pay had better be worth it, he made more killing the drug upped ones and robbing them than what this job seemed to offer.. Still would be time to look into getting a car or a moped or at least a train pass if this was the norm. Still it was what it was and two demons wasn't too bad, depending on what they were expected to run into.

"So a zoo and a temple huh, sounds like some hot shit atheist sort that likes to eat zoo animals." Thinking on it, those two locations didn't make much sense, only the zoo keepers and cleaners or the staff would be on hand. While not the smartest of folks in book sense, Ota did have a lot of street smarts.

Holding his right hand up in a prayer stance while his left held the blade, the beads along his hand and chest clank and jiggle. "By the way of the Buddha I shall seek out the cause of this." He says in response to Azen.

Looking at his new charge or ally for this task, Ota motions towards Yami with a jerk of his head.

"Least you got somewhere to be it's time we went out and about." While he could make threats at the others expense, the demon was here and not out there, that spoke enough for Ota to at least trust the boy to not run off. While Ota did hate the Demons, he also didn't like all Cops, didn't mean he had to kill them all. Demons were more of a sport than a crusade, though a sport mixed in with revenge.

"We'll head to the Temple first. Even if they are Shinto they should talk to me a bit, then we'll head for the zoo to snoop around, maybe use you as recruitment bait, see what sack of shit comes rolling into the street. Got anything that needs getting then do it now. I want us hitting the streets in five minutes."

Giving his marching orders Ota makes way to the entrance at once.

Allister "Marmot" Marmon

Date:
October 1, 2016, Early Morning

Interactions:

Allister was already having issues keeping up, and considering exactly how useful the information he'd gained was, he figured there was no way in hell he'd be keeping up for long. Wait, did that psycho just throw a wire over the track? Fortunately, Azen was more present than Allister currently was, and cut the wire Kaida had tossed out before Allister passed by. As the laps continued, Allister began to fall behind, eventually ending up in the middle of the pack when the run finally ground to an end.

Allister "Marmot" Marmon

Date:
October 1, Night

Interactions:
@Reanimator Spuds

After the workout, Allister returned to his room, retrieving the remaining rounds for his tranquilizer pistol, sliding them each into their slot. He then returned to the meeting room to check in with the instructor, sitting in one corner until the briefing began. As the briefing comes to an end, he frowns. Had he been imagining it, or had the instructor been trying to infer something with that whole "don't be a mindless drone" thing? Regardless, there were more important things to consider for now. Glancing around the room, Allister makes his way over to Hana.

"I don't believe we've actually introduced ourselves yet. I'm Allister." He holds out a hand to shake. "Do you want to work together on the whole quota thing, or do you want to split up and each pick up our own portion?"

Last edited:
Yami 'The Silent Serpent' Watanabe Location: Demon Slayer Corps HQ- Tokyo, Japan Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016 Time of day: Night ~~

@RedArmyShogun

Even with high energy and positive attitude, the boy felt utterly exhausted after their whole day of training, after going through hours of pushups, situps, and laps, he felt like he could collapse and sleep for months on end. Still, as much as the old hag of a man angered him, he would still follow his orders, killing demons was his only task and no one would get in his way.

So by the time, their training for the day was finished he met back in the same room they originally met in, his back laying on the floor while butt and legs pushed against the wall, obviously seeming exhausted yet bored. His eyes were closed while he listened to what their first official mission would be, causing his eyes to shoot open after hearing who his partner would be, the giant.

Jumping back on his feet, it almost seemed like he was shot by a burst of electricity, even after his whole day of training you would think he had this energy all built up. He let out a dramatic groan before speaking. "Thank god, finally something fuuuuuun~" He could not wait to finally leave the headquarters, no matter the task whether it was easy or difficult, he just wanted to let loose.

Turning his head over towards the voice, he almost clapped in glee as the man was as ready as he was. "Yayy! Road trip!" Even if the man didn't care if he lived or died, he was just excited to jump into the action, even if he would be bait. "Ready when you are skyscraper!" Running in front of the man, he pondered asking him a question even if he knew what the answer would be. "Hey, can I sit on your shoulders? My feet hurt!" He spoke in a sympathetic and sappy voice, trying to give him his puppy dog eyes.

Last edited:
Azen Javier Kamado
Tokyo Station, Marunouchi Area - Tokyo, Japan
Date:
Time of day:
Night

~~ @Thaleko

Azen glanced over at Kaida and chuckled. "Oh I'm used to long nights; just used to a different kind," he said simply, though her little nickname made him laugh a little more as he leaned forward with his arms crossed, resting on the guard of the roof. "And wire-killer? Really? Come to think of it, you called me an asshole earlier didn't you?" He couldn't help but shake his head. "I'm sorry if I upset you, but isn't it kinda your fault for setting up a wire trap in front of a bunch of trained swordsmen and women?" Well, one of them used a Naginata, but what did it matter.

"If it wasn't me, someone else would've taken them out, don't you think? Either way, I promise I'll get you some more. Or at least do something to make up for it." A simple gesture of good faith would help. Maybe he could take her to eat? That'd certainly be an interesting way to get a date. He peered down over the edge, his eyes darting to various groups of people.

Even so, she had a point. Part of him had still believed people would be smart enough to stay home. Of course, it was possible many of the people down there were demons. The issue was, unless there was a serious deformity of some kind, they would blend right in.

Luckily though, he'd been blessed with a pretty cooperative partner. Plus, she was pretty as fuck took as an added bonus. Azen smiled and hopped up onto the roof guard and began to walk along it. "Staying here wouldn't be the wisest course of action, but neither would mingling. I think if we're gonna get the best results, we should scout the areas of interest first." Pausing, he scratching his chin, having no trouble balancing. "More than likely, we'll come across something. But if we go down, we'll just stir panic. Might end up killing a demon just trying to live their life without hurting people." Briefly remembering her behavior in the hideout, he mentally cursed himself. She might just argue about the validity of that statement. One thing Azen didn't want to have to do is argue the validity of a "good" demon.

"Either way, by scouting from on high first, we can get a better feel for the area, especially if we'll have to come here more than once." Keeping focused on the mission might afford him a free pass on a potential arguement. "As for searching the Subway... maybe that should be our last objective. Like I said, stirring a panic might do more harm than good. So it'd be smart to wait until after midnight. Maybe around 1 or 2am, when the last train as long finished running and it's mostly cleared out." Azen stopped, looking back at Kaida for a moment before shrugging. "What do you think though, beautiful? Does that sound like a good plan of action?"

He certainly thought it did, but he wanted to make sure they were on the same page and both happy with the decision. "Besides, why weed out a guppy or two when we could try to take down a whale?" he asked with a small chuckle. Of course, he wasn't expecting to find any particularly big targets tonight. Even then, would the analogy make sense to the girl? Hopefully it would.

Last edited:

Amaya
Training Place(Shaded Patio) - HQ - Tokyo, Japan>>> Akihabara
Date:
Time of day:
Night
~~

Amaya's arms ached after the stupid ass workout that psycho had made her and her fellow demon do. She tripped over her feet and face-planted on the ground, immediately jumping up and walking away, acting like it didn't happen. She walked over to the 'Aki' girl and tapped her back, circling around to her front just to see if she would actually turn around. "Hello. I am Amaya, your teammate for now. Don't screw up and die early."She yawned and slumped against the girl, reaching up and hooking her arms around Aki's neck. She jumped up into Aki's arms and promptly fell asleep, leaving Aki and Cupie to get her to the place they were supposed to go. Whenever they got to their destination, she woke up and squrimed out of Aki's arms, dropping down and looking around, sniffing the air for the smell of demons. "There demons here. I can't tell where with the stench of humans everywhere and-" She glanced back at Cupie, a mischievous grin making its way onto her face. "OH MY GOD, IS THAT CUPIE THE IDOL???' She shouted, ducking her head and running behind Aki to avoid any attempts made to grab her, her eyes unnaturally bright and an odd energy coming from her, all a product of the idea of hunting. Amaya loved to hunt, whether it be a demon to a rabbit. Her demon side was proudly displayed, the humans with her giving her confidence that she otherwise wouldn't have.

Last edited:
Ota Amiuchi - Location: Demon Slayer Corps HQ - Tokyo, Japan - Oct 1 - Night
Interactions: @Mr.Scales ⚖

As the demon boy, Yami asked if he could sit on his shoulders, he eyes the smaller one up. Ota was no stranger to such, it was mostly girls but some boys had requested the same and in truth he found it useful strength training. "Eh? Sure, why not? Though I think I'll have you sit on my Halberd back end. In the temple I would at times have other warrior monks, mostly girls or some of the smaller boys stand one on each end and lift them around. And in the Yakuza to scare the shit out of poor saps that owed money I would at times have one of the guys on my shoulder, or use em like a fuck'n dead weight!"

With that Ota reaches down and grabs the other, hoisting him up. "Huh, maybe you and the squirrel girl to balance out on the blade one day, or that cupie, she's on the small end. Be just like old times." In spite of looking like a scary sharkman, Ota was rather good spirited and seemingly a people person to an extent. Making sure the boy was balanced on one of his shoulders, he pauses for a bit, at least this place had traditional Japanese doors. Otherwise going out a normal doorway would be rather difficult.

"Well then off we go yah little shit! Off to see the Temple and the Zoo!"

RgDpIoT.jpg
Hana Suka

-> Night ~~

The run was hell. Hana was the last person to complete it, having the slowest time out of all of them, not even able to come close to the races that most of her partners were doing. It was slightly annoying she would admit, being the worst in this capacity. Were this a normal run, she would likely be able to surpass most of the others, but learning TCB the way she did has made it difficult for her to keep it going for longer periods of time. She could do it just enough to dodge or strike.

Once they had finished and she had caught her breath, it was already night time. They had done way more than 100 laps, but Hana was too busy focusing on trying to keep her breathing up that she didn't really notice. Still, they were brought inside and given a quick briefing on their duties

Just two. That was all he said. Simple enough. Hana was paired with one of the foreigners, Alister. He seemed like a sensible person, albeit a bit boring. They would likely work well enough together. He approached her and asked of their teamwork. "We should work together. We are a team after all, and have a greatly reduced chance of dying if we team up. But I don't care either way in the end"

Hana was perched in a tree in the middle of one of the larger parks of their assigned stomping grounds. She could see a group of teenaged boys being a general nuisance at the playground, laughing and hollering. They would make a prime target for a demon. But perhaps she should let them get one first? They were being quite obnoxious.

She knew she wouldn't let that happen, but she never pushed the macabre thought from her mind. She knew Alister was nearby though. They were working together, but it was a large area, far too big to not spread out a bit.

"I have some good demon bait here. Anything on your end?"

Aki Kiyoko

~~

As the race finished, Aki had come in close to last, though that was because she was trying to push the others who were lagging behind. Lining up with the rest, they got their first mission which made Aki's face light up in glee. Her first assignment as a demon slayer! The girl gripped her blade tightly in expectation, lightly bouncing in place excitedly as Shuichi briefed them. It was almost fitting that she was being sent to Akihabara, and she got to team up with Cupie and the demon girl too!

As they got ready to head out, Aki's attention was grabbed by a tap on her back. Twirling around to follow the demon circling her.

"I'm Aki! You can think of me like a big sister!" She introduced in turn, the latter parts of Amaya's statement seemingly not registering. As the demon girl yawned and reached up, Aki appeared confused, then curious, then gleeful once again as the demon was now asleep in Aki's grasp. "Cupie! Look how cute!"

Not minding in the least, they made their way to Akihabara with Aki 'Oh'-ing and 'Ah'-ing at most things along the way. Once they reached their starting point, Aki noticed the little demon woke up seemingly on a timer and wiggled away. Amaya commented on the smell of humans overtaking the scent of demons.

"Eh? Humans smell like stuff? What do they smell like? ...Wait, what do demons smell like?" Pondering those questions, Amaya shouted out about Cupie's presence. "Aha... How many fans do you think Cupie could have in Akihabara...?"

• Haha
Kaida Kageryu

Tokyo, Japan; Tokyo Station, Marunouchi area
Date:
Time of day:
Night
Mentions:
@Demon Shinobi

She regarded him. Somehow she doubted he was used to "long nights". Kaida furrowed her brow at what he was saying; perhaps he was right.. It was dangerous to put up wire traps carelessly in front of overzealous swordsmen and women. Admitting her mistake was not pleasing though, so she growled her frustration, instead. "Make it up to me?..." she asked in surprise. Then Kaida frowned. "Don't bother," she grumbled.

The revenge-seeking ninja narrowed her eyes. He was seemingly arguing in favor of demons briefly. That made her hackles rise. Out of everyone, she figured this boy, at least, would hold similar values as her regarding demons. "What do you mean? Killing a demon is always good. It doesn't matter what the reason for it is."

She shook her head. "It doesn't make a difference if the demon is a guppy or not. We'll be ridding the world of its filth. Though, yes, a 'whale', as you put it, would be a good get. And I meant investigating the darker tunnels or the abandoned subways, not the populated areas." Still, Kaida shrugged and stood up. "Very well, let us scout the area. You go that way, I'll go that way. We'll split up for now, and meet back up later. If we find something then that's when we can speak of it."