Ten years. Hope never thought that she would ever be in long marriage that lasted over a decade, with a man she adored and children she helped to raise into adulthood. When she was literally selling her body on the street, she hardly knew if she was going to survive the winter, let along find a man she loved. So, as sad as she was to watch her children grow up and start lives of their own, she knew how lucky to be where she was and have a life so... full of happiness.

Currently, the woman was sat watching her youngest son train, sitting at the table outside with a cup of tea and happily shouting praise at him everytime he took out a man double his size. Anders was her youngest; she was going to take any opportunity to watch him succeed. Alfred wasn't living at home and hadn't done in years, and Avery had moved out just two years ago. Despite the girl's claims that she would never fall in love, she did just that, deciding that she wanted to be with Filipe in his kingdom. Hope didn't really want anymore of her children flying the nest yet, hence why she spent so much time dedicated to supporting them - she hoped it would keep them around longer.

She spent so much time with Anders for other reasons, too. She loved him and she loved Dax, but she thought they were too close. When she found out they shared a bed, she grew concerned. It wasn't normal for teenage brothers to do that. It was cute when they were children, but as young men? It was... strange. She didn't like it, but last time she brought it up, Dax had snapped angrily at her to mind her 'goddamn business'.

Because, these days, Dax talked. He'd broken out of his silence when he realised he needed to be vocal if he wanted to be King. Since then, he'd spoken, but sometimes Hope wished he didn't. Dax was something of a rebel; he broke ancient traditions constantly. He didn't wear the traditional kimonos, he cut his hair short, he swore in meetings he attended... but Hope comforted her husband by at least telling him Dax was well-behaved, loving and respectful. He might swear and he might have an attitude sometimes, but he loved his parents and clearly had passion.

She just didn't realise that her son was also a manipulative piece of shit who would do anything for power. He bribed other royals by discovering any secrets they had and, if they didn't offer support and money to him and his brother, he'd expose them. He was sneaky rather than unsubtle, and it clearly worked in his favour - every royal that visited often praised him, fearing him and his threats that much. He'd even threatened Alfred and Incy when they visited, blackmailing their support by threatening to reveal the secrets they had. He did care for his family-- but he cared about Anders more than anyone else.

It was why he too was sat out, watching the younger boy with a grin on his face. Their relationship as brothers was definitely... complex. They held hands, they shared a bed, they only ever seemed to be around one another. Hope clearly had reasons to be concerned.

"...Everyone's coming back today," began Hope to her sons, smoothing her kimono down happily. "You know, Ally and Incy; Avery and Filipe. "So I hope you two are at least a little social and talk to other people besides yourselves. Honestly--"

"What have I told you about minding your business, Mom? Anders is my best friend as well as my little, baby brother," cooed Dax the 6'4" older brother smirking at the rabbit playfully, going as far as to wink at him. Stretching out his arms, the boy got to his feet with a heavy yawn. "Why do they have to come and visit? I don't give a shit about the rough sex Ally's constantly bragging about, or the fact Avery's written some new poetry with her husband. I don't care."

396.png

"Well, I'm excited to see them." Azula, who was sitting with her mother stated. Azula wasn't married. No, but she did date, and she did that often. She fell in and out of love pretty often, but she had fun. She often went to parties, of course, the parties thrown by royals. She was twenty-two and enjoying her life, was that so wrong. However, Azul worried about her baby brother, Dax. He...Was so different. And he broke so many rules and traditions! He cut his hair, barely wore kimonos, it was just crazy to her. She told herself it was just some phase he was going through. But in the back of her mind, she knew it wasn't. "I happen to love Avery and Filipe's poems. They're beautiful~" She swooned, as she went to dab the sweat off of Anders' nose.
4cd5b3c4166d9af65a73984dad633322.jpg
"Well, I think their poems are ridiculous." Mumbled the bunny before he looked up at his brother, smiling a bit. He tied up his long white hair, his nose twitching a bit. "Maybe I should cut my hair short too, hmm? I mean...Those culture ways are so outdated, and Dax looks good with short hair." He randomly commented.

"...No, Daddy was furious when Dax cut his hair. It's the way of our people. Besides Anders, you have such pretty hair." She cooed, moving to play with it before her hand was swatted away by the rabbit.

"Let's just go get ready to meet with everyone. I'm excited to see them." Grinned Anders as he went to hold Dax's hand. He adored Dax. Dax was his everything, and he didn't care if people thought they had a strange relationship.

"Dad was furious when I cut my hair, wasn't he? It was hilarious. Maybe you should cut your hair, you'd look great. Fuck the traditions, right?" Beamed the slightly older of the brothers, running his hand through the other's hair absently. He knew his mother had turned to Azula in worry at the sight, but hell, that just made him push closer to his brother and playfully whisper into his ear. Sure, he talked out loud now, to everyone, but he still liked whispering to his brother for only him to hear, like they did as kids.

He was aware of the rumours that circulated about them, rumours that damaged and upset his parents. Rumours about the brothers being more than friends, however 'disgusting' that was deemed to be. Rather than openly refuse the rumours, Dax stayed quiet - it was hilarious to see what people would come out with. He found it amusing... though he knew it horrified his parents. But again, that was why he let the rumours continue.

"I don't care about her dumb poetry. She likes to show off how clever she is. She isn't that smart," the younger brother groaned, adjusting his jacket quietly. "Her and her oh-so smart husband-- please. It's pathetic."

"Oh come now, don't be mean. Avery is smart. She's intelligent, and she and her husband are cute, don't you think?" Azula told her younger brother, grimacing at how he was acting. "Just be happy to see them, okay?"

"We will," Anders answered for him and Dax. He looked up at Dax, plucking his lips with a soft chuckle. He'd do that when he wanted Dax to be quiet, and not stir up more trouble. And by the look on their mother's face, she seemed to be getting upset. When Anders reached their bedroom, he began stripping, obviously not caring if Dax was looking or not. "I'm going to take a quick bath before everyone arrives, do you want to too?"

As children, they always took baths together, and still did sometimes. Yes their relationship was complex, but they were happy, why did people have to butt in and make rumors about them? Grabbing a towel, he wrapped it around himself, his little cotton tail peeking out. "You think Felix is going to eat dinner with everyone? He's been studying nonstop. He still thinks he can have the throne." Laughed the rabbit. Sure he loved his brother, but like hell was he going to rule.

"He's still that deluded? Look, Felix is buff and he's strong and he's totally a good soldier, but that's it. Maybe we'll make him General when we're in charge? If he pipes up about it, he can have fucking nothing. Still, let him dream. You know how miserable he becomes when he doesn't get what he wants," laughed Dax in return, casually leaning back on the large bed they shared while his brother stripped down to nothing in front of him. It wasn't particularly odd to see him naked, as strange as it would be for other brothers.

But the two were clearly... happy with how their relationship was. They were fine with it. It was just everyone else that had an issue.

Opting to take off his own clothes and enjoy a bath to relax, the taller of the brothers wandered into their personal bathroom, shutting the door with a devious grin.

"You know, Ally ain't gonna be pleased to see me. Last time I saw him, I threatened to reveal all his and Incy's dirty little secrets-- I also punched him. He called us weird. I was obviously gonna defend you. I'll punch him again and again for you, little brother," he purred, his tone almost flirtatious as he climbed into the tub happily, able to stretch out his legs and still have plenty of room. Besides, his brother was tiny - that definitely helped. "And Incy's so not a fan of me since I burned all his favourite clothes. Called me a psychopath; called you one too. I'd be hurt if I gave a shit about him and his dramatic little opinions."

Ally got into the bath, moving to sit next to him, leaning his head on his shoulder as he let out a sigh from the hot water. "Don't fight Ally. Mama would get all upset. I don't care what happens to Incy though. He's an ass." The bunny's ears twitched a bit before he looked up at his brother. "...You know, I am mad at Ally though. He called us disgusting...How are we disgusting, he's fucking disgusting. He has loud rough sex, and it's gross. He isn't the least bit of quiet. I hate him sometimes..." Grabbing the shampoo, he went to wash his hair, wincing when he got soap in his ears. It didn't hurt, but it tickled.

"He's the oldest. He thinks he can talk down at us. Don't worry about it. When we're in charge, we'll show him how fucking great we are, and how we'll rule the most powerful country while he's stuck with his idiotic husband in some... nothing kingdom," sighed Dax, easing his muscles happily. He didn't do as much training as his brother did, but he did enough to gain the physique most male dragons had. He was more fond of consolidating power by threatening and blackmailing - he was better at that than wielding a sword, anyway.

"He's disgusting, not us. And I won't fight him, but if he makes a remark about us being too close, I'll flip out. He... insults us too much, they all do. So what if we're close? We're not dating. We're just... close," he laughed, emphasising the remark by shifting in closer to him and helping wash out the soap. He was only ever gentle and kind like this with Anders, predictably. "I'll be good for Mom, don't worry. Even if Filipe will be here, and I hate him more than Incy."

"Yeah, he thinks he's so smart." Huffed the rabbit, glaring down at the water, smiling a bit when Dax began to help him with washing his hair. "...Hey, Dax..." He mumbled before turning around to look his brother in the eyes. His golden eyes filled with a bit of horror. It was so sudden. Anders could switch moods so quickly, but he'd been like that. "...A girl...Some servant said she'd kissed before." He began, grimacing as he looked at his brother.

"...It's not true, right? You're mine, you can't kiss or date or anything...You're mine."Anders was...Well, he was fucking possessive when it came to Dax. No one could have Dax, Dax was only his. So it was obvious why people would think they were dating. They did so much together, and haven't ever dated anyone else.

And, just as quickly as Anders' expression shifted to horror, Dax's changed to complete fury. He tried to keep it under wraps because getting angry when the girl in question wasn't around to deal with it was wrong. He never wanted to get mad around his brother ad inflict that upon him, but he was legitimately furious at the moment, and keeping it bottled inside him was difficult. Dax did have a bit of a temper problem. He often managed to keep it down until he was in private, not wanting rumours to spread about anger issues if he wanted to be King one day, but he did get angry quickly, sometimes over silly things.

But this wasn't a silly thing. This was a goddamn lie that made his brother upset-- and nobody upset Anders without some consequence.

"I would never fucking kiss anyone, Anders. Don't believe that bullshit. You know I... I'm totally yours. Nobody else's," the boy promised, tilting his brother's face up to offer a gentle smile down at him. "Now who said that? Give me a description, or a name. Nobody gets to upset my baby brother and get away with it."

"Some ugly maid. She had stupid red curly hair. These ugly freckles and she was tall...Well everyone is tall compared to me." Mumbled the younger one, pulling on his ears annoyed. Anytime he got annoyed with himself, he'd pull on his ears. He had a self-loathing problem, but that wasn't such a huge deal. He was only sixteen and going through a lot of issues. Like being the only rabbit in his siblings. They were all purely dragon. And then there's him, the dumb runt, the rabbit.

And then he thought Dax had kissed some ugly girl, so that had been stressing him out. He moved to hug him tightly, using all of his strength to keep him there. "....You're mine. Okay? You can't ever leave me...And I won't ever leave you, promise. We don't need anyone else...Just promise me you won't fall in love with anyone? I...I couldn't stand it if you fell in love and moved away too."

"You always ask me this, Anders. How many times do I have to tell you that there's not gonna be anyone else before you believe me? Do you not realise how fucking much I love you? I know Mom said to stop swearing, and I'm working on that, but iI think it shows passion and-- and I fucking love you. A lot. More than I probably should," he admitted casually, resting back against the side of the bath while his brother clung on, finding the sight of the smaller teenager clinging to him like that adorable.

Dax wasn't naive, of course. He knew that them being this close was odd; that, as brothers, they shouldn't be sat together naked, hugging and pecking one another's lips. Rumours spread, but those rumours weren't unjustified. One look at the brothers and many would assume there was something wrong happening behind closed doors. Now, Dax was happy to let them continue because he found them hilarious.

But he also didn't want to stop them because... well, he liked Anders. A lot. Too much, really. Hearing the rumours about them dating and doing all sorts of wrong things were nice to hear, because he'd definitely... thought about them. Hearing them made him trick himself into believing they were true, just for a few seconds.

And it was completely wrong, he knew that. He knew it'd horrify his parents and disgust his siblings and create a whole barrage of chaos-- but he didn't care. Their opinion meant very little to him.

"...I mean I like you. Like the rumours about us. Like that. I'd... never be with anyone else, Andy."

"....Never?" He asked, his cheeks red as he sat on his lap, laying his head on his chest. "Me too...I like you...Like the rumors. But everyone said it's disgusting and I thought you thought it was disgusting too...I thought about doing...Stuff with you." He admitted, pulling away to look in his eyes.

"...I love you so much...And. I don't care if people...Say we're weird and wrong, but I love you. I know I'm never going to love anyone else like I love you." He whispered, before leaning in close pressing his lips against the others. How could something wrong feel this good and right? A soft moan escaped his lips as he wrapped his legs around his waist.

Oh, it wasn't just wrong. It was so incorrect that it would horrify their families, for good reason. They may not be full brothers, but either of them knew that. Dax fully believed that Hope was his birth mother-- and even if she wasn't, the two still shared a father.

But none of that particularly mattered to Dax as he finally acted on all those feelings he'd harboured for his brother since he started to see him as... more than just a best friend. While his parents were downstairs, preparing for a dinner with all the family reunited at last, the two youngest members of the family were upstairs having sex in the bathtub.

They only returned once they had totally calmed down and relaxed, so they didn't look like they'd been up to anything. In fact, they came down to the dinner at different times, just so Dax could sit down and murmur that his brother was finishing up from a bath. Even as he said it, he smirked to himself, running a hand over his wrist where a strong lovebite was.

"...I'm glad to see you arrived safely, Alfred; Incy. I was so awfully concerned about your carriage tipping over--"

"Can we have a nice dinner without the childish bickering?" Sighed Avery, the young woman frowning at both her brothers, all while happily smiling towards her husband. She hadn't expected to fall in love, but mostly everyone else did - they were like two halves of a whole; incomplete without one another. "I do hope Anders hurries, I'm starving."

07ce1d3ba6e1371f50c066a3c94cc5c3.jpg

"Ahh, Dax, great to see you." Alfred sarcastically told his brother as he sipped on his tea. He still pissed off at his brother for threatening him to tell something secret between him and his husband. How Dax found out, he'd never know. Glancing over at his own husband, he shot him a loving smile, letting him know that he'd handle things. "It's strange to see you without Anders. I thought you two were Siamese twins."

"Hush, both of you, please." Grumbled Felix as he sat waiting. "Like Avery said, let's not fight, let's just have a decent dinner."

"Hmm...Whatever you say, ahh Anders, you're finally here." Ally welcomed.

The rabbit hybrid sat down, looking calm and poised as ever. Inside though his head was a mess. He...He actually had sex with Dax. It was so wrong, so messed up...But he didn't feel that way. "Hey Ally, hey Avery." He greeted his siblings, leaving out their spouses.

Felix rolled his eyes before finally being able to eat. "Took you long enough."
92386dc6fdc6249a0241a5efcc687a96.jpg

Incy silently watched as the table was complete with the other members of the family, glaring specifically at the brothers that were last to sit down. Now, in his wildest dreams, he wouldn't believe what they had just done together. He heard the rumours, but as much as he hated the brothers, he refused to believe it. Surely, even they wouldn't go that far.

Of course, they just had, minutes ago, but Incy wouldn't even contemplate that possibility. Besides, he was far more furious with the sight of Dax. Dax, after all, knew things about his marriage to Alfred that he didn't want getting out; things about their sex life and various other things that were best left private.

"Oh, so nice of you both to join us," the cat hybrid purred, whilst holding his husband's hand and pecking it affectionately. "Tardiness isn't acceptable, but I suppose you're both so young you don't understand manners yet."

"A King is never late, everyone is simply early," Anders replied while he began to eat. He didn't have the energy to snap back at Incy, not today, he was far too tired as well as hungry.

"You aren't King," Felix mumbled as he ate his food. "Dad hasn't made a decision yet."

"He'll pick me and Dax, we're most suited for this, Felix. I mean you've tried, and that's plausible, but Dax and I are better than you."

"Boys, please don't--"

"You realise both of you can't be King, don't you? You can't both take the throne. That'd be impossible," began Incy with a slow smirk on his face. "Unless, of course, those rumours are true, in which case I suppose you can rule alongside each other--"

"What rumours?" Avery asked, oblivious to the rumours circulating about her younger brothers. Her kingdom was far away from her home one, and the rumours hadn't reached her. She knew they had to be bad, though, because her parents looked horrified and everyone fell silent. "Mama, Dad, what... rumours?"

"...Rude and terrible rumors saying your brothers are dating, just because they are close." Apophis answered, grimacing from just saying it. "...Incy I prefer if you don't bring it up again, alrig-"

Anders didn't say anything. He knew that when he or Dax became King, they'd rule together. It didn't matter what people thought, they'd rule together, they'd find a way. "Incy...You know I heard some rumors about you too, circling your marriage. Dax, didn't you tell me those rumors?" He smirked.

"Dax." Alfred hissed, glaring at his brother. He didn't want his secret and love life out to his parents. What they did behind closed doors was their business!

"Oh, the rumours about me and my brother are bullshit, excuse the language. The rumours about you and Ally are completely true though. I wasn't going to mention them, but seeing as everyone here is so darn eager, I'll enlighten them. Dad, Mom, did you know your precious oldest son and his husband missed your wedding anniversary because they were having a threesome with the centaur King? Did you know that they got drunk one night, drove a carriage themselves and almost died because they crashed it into a peasant village? Oh, and let's not forget that time you were considering having a surrogate carry your baby, then gave up on the idea and made the poor woman leave the kingdom with nothing but the clothes on her back because you were worried she'd tell everyone how you broke your promises to her. See, I wasn't going to say anything, but you force me to it--"

"...That was uncalled for. I... At least I'm not a psychopathic manipulator who punched my own brother," spat Incy, though was too busy fussing over Alfred and ensuring he didn't get too mad.

"Oh, god. Shut up already about the punch. He deserved it. Anyway, cheers to the family reunion!" Grinned Dax devilishly, raising his glass of wine and taking a slow sip as the dinner descended into chaos, his siblings glaring at Ally and Incy for the revelations about their marriage and livelihoods. It was always Dax's style to create the drama and sit back as it played out, giving him time to smile to his brother. "...They're so easy to wind up. Serves them right, don't you think?"

"Are you serious?! How...How could you do that?! You were going to have a baby, then forced the woman to leave? And a threesome with the Centaur King?! Have you two lost your minds?!" Apophis growled, standing up, shaking the entire table.

Anders simply smirked eating his food quietly. He loved that Dax could get information about anyone. Hell, he didn't even tell all of their secrets! Just a select few that would piss everyone off, and it worked perfectly. "It does serve them right~ Incy shouldn't have been so smug."

Ally stood up, slamming his hands on the table. "Look, what we did is our business! And if you don't like it then we can leave!" Hissed the Prince, tears in his eyes.