DEAD RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=transparent]Are you sure you want to do that. . . . if Johny doesn't get get an acceptable answer then he's just going to come back tomorrow so if you're trying to wrap this up that might not be the best way. . . . but then do what you want chaos is fun and we can always skip forward and revisit this scene later. . . . Thinking about it, we don't have to rp it we can just say what everybody got out of it and move on.[/BCOLOR]

I'm honestly not sure he'll get an acceptable answer at this rate, interruption or not. I daresay some time for everyone to cool off before he tries again might even improve his chances.

[BCOLOR=transparent](Insert impression of a 5 year old) [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] but mooom she just started telling me stuff do we have to go home now?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent](. . . its a joke no disrespect)[/BCOLOR]

Johnathan (from the IC):

"You're talking as if you're from another planet but how is that even possible?"

Sophia (from the IC):

And the girl was definitely not in a uniform. What was she, some sort of cosplayer?

---
I'm a bit unclear on the setting here. It seemed to me during the meetings that everybody was pretty much taking crosstime (parallel universe) travel as a given, since it was fairly obvious that everybody came from different worlds with different histories (i.e., nobody questioned Johnathan's claim to have been a five year-old training as a spec-ops soldier, nobody reacted--or pretended to react--to Runa's unusual appearance as if genetically-modified girls were a shock or an impossibility, etc.. It seemed apparent from the backgrounds people gave that they all weren't "from around here." The other meeting has a ghost using telekinesis, and nobody bat an eye.

Or am I reading this wrong, and the kids are all supposed to be trying to hide their origins and fit in as if they belong in a "normal" setting?

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent]I was under the impression that we had come from all over this world which is why i specified he was from Jura (a real island somewhere) but if I'm wrong I can change that.[/BCOLOR]

I think that might depend on the individual, so I'd wait for official word from @Crow about that one. I'm playing it that everyone's taking for granted they're in a crossover setting and thus my characters aren't likely to comment on it. Here, they're all students at the high school, regardless of whatever else they may be, and that's that. If one wanted to play up some genre savvy or similar and actively comment on things being unusual, that is also perfectly fine, of course. My guys wouldn't actively call attention to the fact that they're in a crossover setting, although they probably still could comment on someone being a magical girl, etc. They just wouldn't in any way imply that said someone must be from her own magical girl anime series, because that's impossible. So my view on it is, in the setting of the RP, we're all in/from the same setting. We just also happen to all belong to our own individual series. If you've ever seen the Super Robot Wars games, it'd be something like that: Mazinger, Getter Robo, and Gundam are completely independent, but in the game they're all in the same setting and take it all in stride as such.

Runa being a naive idiot means she's even more likely to not question things and just assume everyone is how they is without further comment, but that's a separate matter. I guess another way to think of it is, say, we could all comment that there's some crazy civil war going on on Jura, or there's mecha fighting aliens from the moon, for example, because we're in a unified setting. It's a weird take, and just my opinion on how to treat things.

...I guess what I'm getting at is that Jonathan's comment is a valid one, but stated as a hypotehtical. Everyone's both from another independent setting, AND just in this unified one, or something. I'm rambling, I'll stop now.

Or am I reading this wrong, and the kids are all supposed to be trying to hide their origins and fit in as if they belong in a "normal" setting?
[BCOLOR=transparent]I don't think anyone (besides maybe Johny, Sophia and Trua) are deliberately trying to hide their powers but we haven't exactly had the opportunity to have anyone else show what they can do.[/BCOLOR]

I interpreted it as everybody coming from different anime universes (e.g. some futuristic with battlemechs, some non-futuristic with magic, some with ghosts, some without, etc.), kinda like if Wesley Crusher, a younger Luke Skywalker, Hermione Granger, and Katniss Everdeen all walked into the same club meeting in a regular-looking school. Each would know they were from somewhere else, so the differences in the others' stories wouldn't seem weird.

I've been writing Sayuri as if she's never heard of Jura, knows nothing about its situation or culture, etc., so that she's worried about extradimensional gates opening from Johnathan's world and armies of clone super-soldiers pouring out. If they're all from the same world, I'm going to have to go back and edit her posts. I don't mind doing that, since a good number of her thoughts and reactions don't make sense if she'd have been seeing news reports about the Juran Civil War, the heroics of the Ryutaiders, fights between angels and demons, the latest developments in Battlemech technology, and so on in her everyday life. :)

I've been writing Sayuri as if she's never heard of Jura, knows nothing about its situation or culture, etc., so that she's worried about extradimensional gates opening from Johnathan's world and armies of clone super-soldiers pouring out. If they're all from the same world, I'm going to have to go back and edit her posts. I don't mind doing that, since a good number of her thoughts and reactions don't make sense if she'd have been seeing news reports about the Juran Civil War, the heroics of the Ryutaiders, fights between angels and demons, the latest developments in Battlemech technology, and so on in her everyday life. :)
[BCOLOR=transparent]She might not of, higher ups tend to like to keep things quiet. I had assumed that Sayuri just read one to many comic books or something and that was her overactive imagination or something similar caused by her merging with her past self or maybe cross dimension transportation is cannon in her story so you might not have to rewrite anything.[/BCOLOR]

You see, I intended for this to be a 'Shared Universe' thing. That's a crossover term, or a term used by authors with mutiple works that want to bring them together into one single world. The latter is technically a crossover as well.

So yes, @R-9 Pilot has the closest answer.

Oh. Oops. Sorry I missed that. I've got a lot of rewriting and retconning to do.

It honestly probably is fine for Sayuri to behave the way she is, in general. She need not be aware of everything going on in everyone else's individual settings. What she'd probably know, though, is that there's no threat of extra-dimensional invasion by those settings.

[BCOLOR=transparent]ok well if you wouldn't mind can you say which ones you've edited so I can change my responsis. Though I think it might be better if we focus on finishing this first so the others can move on.[/BCOLOR]

No need to. It's kind of natural for Sayuri to be unaware of certain things and happenings not within her reach. Same with everyone else.

She'd have to know about a good deal of it, wouldn't she? If the Ryutaiders saved a city from being stomped by a kaiju while the mech pilots of Axis were busy fighting off aliens, and the major world governments were intervening in Jura, stuff like that would have been in the news. As would reports of Sayuri and her group whenever they did anything superhero-y.

I'll go write a post to get us out of the current situation so the time-skip can happen, and Sayuri will miss the weekend activity (so my absence doesn't delay everybody else). Which will naturally let Johnathan gloat about how he was right about her being unreliable. :D

@TheCheshire, I'll let you know what modifications I make, if/when I do.

That's a good point. Tokusatsu Heroes always appear in the news after a deed.

We'll have to see what each respective player says about it. Maybe the government could hide the mechs, the same way they hide alien experiments, alien contact and cool weapons.

Reactions: The Music Man
Well, giant Battlemechs (and their Sentai equivalents fighting off giant monsters) are pretty hard to hide. A world with tech like that would probably also have smartphones and digital cameras. :)

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Crow if Johnathan can't get those student records till sunday then he won't be able to find Sayuri's house in time for the weekend (assuming I can get them?)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]@R-9 Pilot If Sophia got distracted Johny bolts if not he's just standing there pale faced and supper tense.[/BCOLOR]

Well, to be fair, only Hospitaller and Arthur have demonstrated knowledge of her being a ghost. And she didn't really use any form of telekinesis that I can recall?

Of course, if you were referring to Hospitaller (though I don't think she's a ghost), no one was around when she used magic to put the beads back in place.

@Zarko Straadi

Also, @Crow, me and @XxDreamingxX have decided upon Trau and Chiyo as being friends from childhood, though Trau, having died and begun following a rather dark path, is now very much indifferent in their reunion. We could probably work something out for them to somehow meet during the weekend activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.