DEAD RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of animal companions, I hope Jem didn't forget about his little bear.

That is exactly the type of reaction I was hoping to prod out of Jem. Hopefully their next encounter they will be a bit more... open about themselves.

Reactions: The Music Man
Oh, I haven't forgotten about Nyu.... at the next meetup, I have something that'll apply to her.... specifically maybe a little bit of following and/or running (from cats)

I'm not sure. Spirits in Trau's story refer to the souls of those humans and animals that have left their bodies either through being forced or from dying. So they exist mostly only on the spiritual plane, although a certain organization of spirits was working on extending their ability to be able to interact freely with the physical world. Of course, spirits aren't really normal, perse. It's canon in my story for them to pass on to Heaven or Hell depending on "the burden of the soul".

Of course, spirits can become tied to the earth and restless if they've strong enough desires or regrets. Trau is such a spirit.

Yeah, yokai apply to some extent. Fae on the other hand, probably don't. I guess Chiyo can keep the kitty.

Based on your words about how you prefer your opponent, I'm presuming it's a miko or plainclothes Exorcist you are looking for. Those are regular humans. Those are regular humans who ward off evil spirits.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't getting Alerts from this thread. I was thinking a "Night Stalker" type paranormal investigator, perhaps with some Steampunkish ghost detectors and at least one sort of (perhaps quasi-magical) ray-gun-ish type weapon (an "Aether Vortex Accelerator" or something like that) would have been a cool antangonist for Trau. I wasn't able to find a character picture that I liked in time.

Maybe the Archangel (IMO, a novice angel who doesn't seem to have been to Heaven yet doesn't really seem very compatible with the very top Angelic rank, but...not my character ;) ) could be in the business of leading wayward spirits into the Light, but Trau doesn't want to go. And, given Trau's...well, less than Nice nature, perhaps a "Redemption" story arc would be necessary. So they wouldn't be equals/nemeses, so much as "(spiritual) therapist and recalcitrant patient." The Archangel would basically play the role of the Ghosts in A Christmas Carol or the angel in It's a Wonderful Life, or maybe the one in Touched by an Angel.

Maybe she could have been assigned to be Trau's Guardian Angel in life, but was woolgathering or something when the piano drop happened, so now she's got some stuff to make up for.

Also: I've had some RL stuff come up, which is going to keep me away from the 'net from 8/10 until 8/26 or so. I apologize for any RP'ing delays or inconvenience.

I will try to get in some more answers for Sayuri before I go.

P.S.: I'm really loving the way Hospitaller is being portrayed so far. She's adorable. :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Ehb
I guess we'll see how the discussion of Dreaming and Chaikit goes. That idea smells fun though.

That's quite the period. You may have to miss the weekend activity.

Right now, we're discussing them as having been friends when Trau was alive. Someone that visited her as her parents' efforts to make her socialize more (because she was kind of, and still is, a loner).

Well, that smells like progress. Intriguing progress to be exact. I really love 'the only friend I ever had' scenarios if they're pulled well.

Alright, should the application be accepted, I will accept characters only from these three genres afterwards:
Battle Shonen
Mecha Musume
Gaming

I could throw in more but that'd be a little much. So I settled for three, which is, after all, quite an amount in this case.

Last edited:
Well, a lot of people seemed to have also disappeared without a trace.

yeah..... I, while finishing the scene, kinda wanted to get to the point where we could timeskip (since I know everyone doesn't like to wait)

I'm around, just my characters are out of scene, so there's not much I can do beyond comments from the peanut gallery here in the OOC. I don't mind waiting, because you guys are up to interesting things.

...hell, I'd consider interrupting if I could...

Got to have Sophia bump into Jonathan at some point, too. That's going to be amusing, whenever it happens. Particularly as I think it's been established they have no clue who they're supposed to be looking for, as far as rivals go.

[BCOLOR=transparent]If it's just myself and @Zarko Straadi left sense Zarko is going to disappear soon I wouldn't mind doing the time skip while assuming that nothing explodes and we can get back to that scene later[/BCOLOR]

while assuming nothing explodes.... *tosses live grenade* here you go! Explosion!

Actually, it'd be really handy for me if Sophia bumped into Johnathan now, interrupting them before the explosion. As Sayuri perceives it, he's pretty much demonstrated that any attempt at cooperation or deal-making on her part only earns her more hostility and increased demands ("prove your story" "apologize"). Having someone else show up would be a good reason for Sayuri to withdraw instead of escalating her threats or attacking. Tactically, if a negotiated solution is impossible, it would make sense for Sayuri to take the initiative and attack first (since she doesn't know what he can do, why let him get the first shot?). If Sophia shows up, Sayuri could worry that she could be collateral damage if a fight started. Her presence would also make it easier for Sayuri to take the "We'll settle this later" approach, and withdraw rather than attack him in front of an eyewitness who doesn't know the whole story.

Actually, it'd be really handy for me if Sophia bumped into Johnathan now, interrupting them before the explosion. As Sayuri perceives it, he's pretty much demonstrated that any attempt at cooperation or deal-making on her part only earns her more hostility and increased demands ("prove your story" "apologize"). Having someone else show up would be a good reason for Sayuri to withdraw instead of escalating her threats or attacking. Tactically, if a negotiated solution is impossible, it would make sense for Sayuri to take the initiative and attack first (since she doesn't know what he can do, why let him get the first shot?). If Sophia shows up, Sayuri could worry that she could be collateral damage if a fight started. Her presence would also make it easier for Sayuri to take the "We'll settle this later" approach, and withdraw rather than attack him in front of an eyewitness who doesn't know the whole story.
[BCOLOR=transparent]But didn't Johnathan say he agreed to the deal while believing Sayuri has him in a truth telling spell?[/BCOLOR]

Got to have Sophia bump into Jonathan at some point, too. That's going to be amusing, whenever it happens. Particularly as I think it's been established they have no clue who they're supposed to be looking for, as far as rivals go.
[BCOLOR=transparent]They're not even sure that they have a "rival" here or what they're even looking for either :P[/BCOLOR]

I get the feeling that they'll find something, even if there wasn't supposed to be anything to find. Jonathan's backstory made it clear enough both the Order and Architects would at least be expecting an enemy agent, but that's probably all they know. So, I think they actually do know they have a "rival," they just could be anyone out of the entire damn student body.

I do get the feeling Sophia would probably give Jon some helpful tips on not sticking out like a sore thumb, at least. Poor guy's clearly not used to this sort of mission, and that's going to make it hard on him. No harm in taking pity on the enemy, is there?

And, hm, I could have her wander onto the scene as an apparently innocent bystander. I think I technically said she was leaving last post with her, but I can change things up a bit and have her case the school one last time...

True true but then again Sophia is really short, Johnathan might not give her the chance.

This is true. anyway, interrupting arguments in progress is a "go". Since Jon's got his Magician vision going, he'd probably notice a couple things off with Sophia's aura. One part she's a "Gifted" ESPer-type (which he'd...probably be able to recognize?) one part things are somehow mystically "diminished" or something from the cybernetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.