DEAD RP

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, is all.

I keep seeing all these anime terms like "chuunibyou", "mahou shoujo", "madoka", and "sentai" and feel like the odd one out. I don't anime, like, at all, I just liked the concept of the RP.
no worries/ not to sure about madoka either but mahou shoujo = Magical girl, think an elementary student who can transform into a witch with a wand and power that reflects them. sentai = power rangers / teen titans (if they needed to hide there identity) friendship / teamwork is power.

. . . you'l find out what chuunibyou is in due time young padawon

Last edited by a moderator:
Madoka is probably just referring to Puella Magi Madoka Magica, a popular recent magical girl series. Well, or it's just a Japanese feminine name.

Chuunibyou is difficult to explain. It literally translates to "second year middle schooler syndrome," essentially. There's a few variants on it, but the most common case one usually sees portrayed is getting into occult mysticism and insisting/believing one has supernatural powers. There are some other options, which are probably better explained by anything defining the term you can find via google search. Whatever the case, based on the name, it's sort of aimed at juvenile antics of 14 year-olds or thereabouts, who are putting on airs or trying on delusions while trying to find themselves. Or something.

It's that period where one thought they were totally cool but in retrospect, were pretty silly. Or, well, acting that way.

That makes sense? I guess?

Yeah, you might begin to question the names of districts, places, statues, monuments, that dog statue in Shibuya, that other statue, and such. A good chunk of this RP is anime hijinks, stereotypes and tropes, just an alertion.

Do you at least play Anime-themed MMOs or RPGs? Watch something entry-level that you can sit back while viewing images on the brown box, such as Dragon Ball or something?

I think you can all figure what's going to happen in the Summer Vacation Arc based on 'anime hijinks, stereotypes and tropes'.

Reactions: The Music Man
Nope. I know enough that I can get by, but I'm pretty sure I'm the lowest ranked in order of "most anime things known" here. I just really like playing bad guys, and thought this would be cool. I'm a fantasy/sci-fi nerd, but anime just doesn't cut it for me. Not going to stop me from enjoying this RP, though.

Now if only @Gator would reply so the OS story can move along...

Yeah, I'm trying to get to him, he's kinda busy- no- real busy, so I'm trying to get a proper response.

Nope. I know enough that I can get by, but I'm pretty sure I'm the lowest ranked in order of "most anime things known" here. I just really like playing bad guys, and thought this would be cool. I'm a fantasy/sci-fi nerd, but anime just doesn't cut it for me. Not going to stop me from enjoying this RP, though.
You should be fine. Like most foreign media, anime will have some aspects of its native (in this case, Japanese) culture that may be relatively unique. But, anime is really more a medium than a genre in and of itself. Scifi anime tends to follow scifi genre tropes, Mecha anime has giant robots, fantasy anime follows a lot of fantasy tropes (often Western medieval style fantasy at that), and so-on.

About the only things I can think of that would be trouble are terms that anime geeks tend to leave in Japanese and use as loan words, or use of honorifics (which, well, isn't too likely to come up, all the dialogue's in English, even if we might assume they're speaking some other language). I might be taking some stuff for granted, though.

As something of a general SF/fantasy fan, what sort of stuff do you usually enjoy? I'm curious, now.

LOTR, Star Wars, Fantasy stories with darker, gritty worlds. Things sort of that style, but with harsher and more brutal worlds.

There was an RP I found perfect, in which I played a rogue. It was fun, until the GM vanished into thin air and it died. And then one of the other players who tried to resurrect it abandoned it, too, I suppose.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/the-pheraxis-saga-lichdom-ooc-interest-check.56666/

As for Sci-Fi, I'm good with just about anything so long as it can be explained somehow. Even if that somehow is magic of some sort. Exosuits are a big plus, and military sci-fi in general I enjoy.

I'll have my first post up as soon as my computer recognizes my phone. Somewhat glad that @Gator hasn't been here to push things along yet. Gives me a chance to catch up.

If he doesn't reply by Sunday, do you think you could temporarily take over his role, @Crow?

I think I might have to no choice but assume Gator's role for the time being. He's just too busy for the time being. If he returns in a few hours from now... well... I'll leave room for him to say some stuff.

It's up to you what to do. I just don't want this one to die like most all RPs do nowadays.

Damn, Zetophi got banned. He/She was kind of annoying, but I wanted to teach him/her to be a family-friendly roleplayer. May he have journeys out there.

Ah well. I guess the spot for Supernatural is open. Who will it be? A Ghostbuster with a Ghostbusteswordgun? A fine, beautiful Hime-miko who uses the power of holy oriental spirits to disperse the darkness and guide souls to the afterlife? The very personification of fighting fire with fire.

Anyways, after one more role is taken, I will limit the possible roles.

Once we get someone for the other Supernatural spot, we'll probably have enough. After all, we don't want too many people, or it'll increase the likelihood of complications.~

Once we get someone for the other Supernatural spot, we'll probably have enough. After all, we don't want too many people, or it'll increase the likelihood of complications.~
I'll allow someone to fill in another genre, or stick to Supernatural like you suggested. After that, I close and only allow Supernatural spot and a spot for that genre. Then that's that for the time being.

Sounds good.~

Speaking of first-come-first-serve, @Zackymas are you still ready to roll? Lots of genres have been taken, but there's still more left!
Oh yeah sorry. I'm in a trip (Means I'm not home and without a pc) so I won't be able to get into this until I get back home (Like 2 weeks).

@Brøken_Serenity ain't here? Damn, must be some long trip to be gone for 11 days.

Arize is going to like the next scene.

I am not sure what I should do with Sophia. Still intending to not have her wander into the club room, as a more gradual introduction was requested. I am tempted to at least do a post with her hanging around somewhere in the meantime, to establish that she does, in fact, exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.