Day One Newbies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiron shrugged, '' I don't really care honestly. There i four ropes so no one is going first, '' he said as he trailed off seeing everyone gathered.
He didn't bother answering any further question seeing the last few ones arriving.

He smirked looking at all of them. He pulled out his dagger strapped to his side and stabbed it to the ground. '' Here's the first stage of your training newbies! A full body work that will make your heart explode!'' he said intensifying the last word, '' Seriously, try not to die in there. I was a bit too inspired while doing it and had just an argument with my beloved wife,'' he said as he looked at Aaron and the twin Hades daughter.

'' So! Back to some serious stuff.'' He trailed off, '' Once you climb up this stiff cliff of around 13 feet tall with just a rope, you will reach the forest, but you need to go through the rapid rivers. Be warn, the platforms are slippery. Then, you guys have to listen to go towards the waterfall. Make sure to not get confused since there is two waterfalls. But it shouldn't be a problem. The one you need to reach is the closest. The other one is a good 20 kilometers at the opposite end. Oh, and you will have two arrows once there. You have two paths. Choose wisely. '' he said with a small stretch,

'' I'll be waiting at the finish line! Oh, also, the firsts to get there will have priority choices and more food. The last one doesn't have anything, '' he said with a wink before walking away. The demigods were probably confused and only by noticing the stares did he realize, '' Oh! Start!'' he shouted throwing the dagger with so much strength and centrifuge force that it reached the top of the cliff and it stabbed the hard rock.

@Kitsune @Kaz @firejay1 @Vaila @Yonsisac @AlisterVanKleiss @IceQueen @LittleWolfie @ForgottenBlood @April @XxGiaXx @Inucadia @Nat

With a little whoop of excitement, Ty jumped forward, managing to be one of the first ones on the rope. He began clambering down, sliding down little jumps at a time, trying to go as fast as possible just to test his body. After spending the past week in such thin air he needed an oxygen mask at some points, this wasn't too bad. It was also nice to be wearing a lot less layers while climbing, though his fingers were still a little stiff so he wasn't going as fast as he wanted to. Although the cliff face was steep, it wasn't very tall, maybe the lengths of two men by his reckoning, neither the tallest nor the shortest cliff he'd scaled down or up before, though he had to admit it was a little more nerve-wracking without proper equipment there to catch him if he fell. He jumped before he landed and realized he was standing not on solid ground, but on a wooden platform whirring above a roaring river. He had wondered what Chiron had meant when he'd said which path to choose. On one side of the platform there was a path leading off into a forest. On the other hand, he could choose to follow the river, which leaped off a waterfall moments later. He glanced between them, then made a snap decision. He hurled himself into the water, following its course and letting out a scream half of fear half of excitement as his body went hurtling down the waterfall.

Parker hadn't waited, since Aileen and Parker had already been closer to the cliff than others they already had a better start. The blond grabbed onto Aileen's arm and pulled her toward the edge of the cliff. Only 13 feet? That hadn't seemed like much of a challenge.. But for others it might have been.. Parker looked back at the frail Eliza who was still on the floor. His heart ached for her but he wasn't going to lose. Parker grabbed onto the rope and was making his way up before others had even realized what was happening. His sister would catch up soon and he wasn't going to leave her behind.. even if that meant coming last. He had wondered about the challenges that were ahead. The dangers. He felt so excited and yet he felt so anxious to protect his sister. He looked back down, eyeing Aileen and smiling, the cold breeze pushing against his tank top as he climbed higher and higher. He needed to get up there. He needed to be the first one to finish this stupid course.. BECAUSE HE WANTED MORE FOOD! His arms and his legs continued to work together to climb the rope. In high school, before he had dropped out, his gym teacher had made him do this a million times and so did Aileen when she had wanted to switch up his training regiment.

Anna
Anna took no time in starting her progress. Her upper arm strength may not have been the best, but she was certainly strong. She started up the rope swiftly, trying to keep her hands from sweating to much. She climbed, but it took more effort than she thought to haul herself up a rope. She was used to shooting, not climbing. She let out a groan as she paused once on the rope before she kept climbing, using her strong will to pull herself higher and higher on the rope.
Fiona
Fiona was to focused on the man to realize that this was a race. As he yelled, she squeaked, ducking in fear before realizing that it was just a sword. She cursed under her breath and started looking for a rope. Unfortunately, she was not fast enough to reach the ropes first. She cursed and looked for an opening and started climbing up on the same rope as the red head she had followed here, though she had no intentions to follow her the whole way.

Flora snatched up a rope as quickly as she could. The outdoors, her forte, she thought as she immediately got to work on going up the cliff, watching for false footholds, and checking to be sure each place she touched was steady. Once she reached the top, she tossed the rope back down and dropped the flower she had been chewing on to face the platform. Unlike the cliff, this would be apron let. Not only was it moving, but it was slippery and her boots would begin to loose traction on they got wet due to the mud on them. She almost fell backwards before Flora yanked herself forward, with the threat of getting her knapsack wet keeping her up. She moved in only slightly and waited for the platform to rotate a few times, to get a feel for the speed and let the others catch up a bit. Flora nervously faced her options, and jumped into the forest, unwilling to get her possessions potent sustain damage.

Aaron looked at everyone rushing to the ropes. He kind of laughed wondering if they actually knew where they were going. He was the next in line for the ropes. Delilah already mid way and rushing to pull herself up. He looked at Eliza with a smile, '' Come on. Wouldn't want to be the last one with no food, '' he said as he handed her the rope. '' Go first, I'll be under. If anything, I'll catch you. '' he said encouraging her.

Delilah was climbing up, her heart beating fast as she felt her hands all scratched and her forearms letting her go. She looked under her feeling scared as she pushed herself up. She pulled herself again and suddenly, her foot slipped and she was far away from the wall, her body just clinging to the rope for dear life with the little strenght left. She winced as she tried pulling herself up again. She looked up at the wall and pulled herself one more time and finally grabbed the edge. No one was helping her so she tried pulling herself up when her arms let go. '' Oh my god!'' she screamed just holding it with one hand.

Jesus was already under Delilah since she was kind of slow. '' Don't panic, '' he said as he pulled himself with only one arm and placed one hand under her foot. '' Push yourself!'' he said feeling the wind hit them. Delilah tried and her hand only slipped. '' I can't !'' she said. Jesus looked up at her, '' Yes. You will. Or you will fall to your death, '' he said in an indifferent and actually a bit scared. Delilah looked at him, sweating already. She placed her foot once again on his foot and tried again. She pushed herself up and managed to bring a leg over the edge and stood up. She grinned happily over with this huge wall.

Jesus winced feeling his muscles rip as she pushed herself. He was holding his whole weight with his strong arm and his legs tangled up with the rope for more support. He pulled himself easily since he was very light and looked up at a hand. Delilah smiled at him and held her hand, '' Thank you very much Jesus, '' she said with her accent. She felt like this was necessary since even if he didn't look all that nice and he creeped her out, he helped her move up instead of ignoring. Maybe it was just because he had no choice to move on but at least he helped her even if it demanded more effort for him instead of just screaming after her.

Jesus looked at her and a small smile appeared as he exhaled and pulled himself up with her help. Both were finally over the edge and they looked at the other stage.

One huge river that flowed rapidly. Circular wooden platform with water crashing on them. Some seemed to be rotating, but they weren't sure. Delilah looked at everyone on them and couldn't help but wonder how they were so comfortable all of them on them at the same time.

The forest around was very mix and there was a lot of tall trees. There was only a mid path down towards another cliff, But that seemed pretty far. At least a kilometer from the river.

For the ones ahead, The cliff is about the same height as the wall they climbed but it seems a lot taller since the water is low so 100 feet like the image I posted in the convo and there is a waterfall facing it. Also, the water seems very clear and you can see the bottom, but its actually really deep (mediterannean sea and stuff. I saw it. )

For the characters that never or dont go often to the beach or jump off cliff, I already did and just a 15-17 feet tall lighthouse is scary shit xD )

Iden~

Iden watched as the others climbed up, some tumbled to the ground while others were already sweating only being half way up to the top. He sighed, he didn't really know what this had to do with fighting someone...or something. With that being said, Iden just took a seat on the group and watched the rest of them climb up, being the only one not doing it. He didn't want to do it, he also didn't feel like it was necessary either. Iden was like this every since he was a baby, always choosing his way and not anyone else's. Iden knew the consequences of not doing it to, no food? He could handle that...He stood up and started to look around...Everyone was going the same way...but, was that really the key? He started to think a bit...then a bit more...Maybe there was a secret hidden here that wasn't mentioned...maybe it was a key. He looked at everyone once more before deciding to go his own way...the other way. Being Athena's son, wisdom came before anything else...though maybe he was wrong. Only one way to find out right?

VPYw2qN.png

"Ah, bloody hell," George breathed as he craned his neck, watching everyone scale the giant cliff that he was standing by. He couldn't believe that people were just....throwing themselves into this task. There were some who were climbing up the cliff like they were born to do such a thing. Like, they trained their whole life for this very moment. Then, you got people who weren't cut out for it as much, stopping halfway to catch their breath before pulling their body up to finish the climb. At least they're putting an effort into it!, he thought as he thought about how he was standing below, watching everyone do all of the physical work. It was no secret to anyone whose known the British lad for a whole day that he wasn't a physical one. I mean, he was good at archery, if that counted for anything, but, other than that, he was utterly useless.

"No use being a sitting duck. I might as well give it a shot." With that, George hesitantly reached out for one of the free ropes, gripping it firmly with both hand, giving it a quick tug. He honestly didn't know what he was checking for, but the tug gave him some comfort. Placing one foot on the cliff, he shifted all of his weight to the foot still on the ground. That's when he kicked off and placed his whole being on the cliff. Stopping and taking in a deep breath, he began to pull his body forward, hoping he'd get halfway or a little more than half before his body would start to protest against his actions. Limbs, body in general, don't fail me. Especially now.

Aileen could not deny that having changed from the dress and over to Aarons clothes was a bad move. Had she still been in that medival piece of clothing, she would probaly still be at the bottom of the rope, and not just some meters below her twin brother. It wasn't like she had never climbed up a rope before. They both had, school giving them that option when they wanted challenges. For the surfing, the swimming? There was no need in having them for those lessons. So they had been sent to climb, which appeared to be useful now, with her grabbing onto the rope, and her legs being there as extra support. Then again, she was probaly the trainer from hell, and had made her brother do it even more times than she had ever bothered, which she was rather happy for now.

The blonde looked around and saw others make progress too, but she had a feeling others were having their hearts up in their throats, scared out of their senses with what they were doing.
Maybe she too should have been feeling like that? But for her there was no better feeling than the blood pulsing in her veins, the scratching feeling of the rope against bare skin.

She would manage this, even if it meant that when they reached the camp, she would collaps.
Eventually though, she saw Parker climb over the edge, and soon after she came, rubbing her Hands against the hoodie. "So... Twin. Do we take the over or under river road?"

Keishla hear as she watches the rest Clime as this cant be that hard can it now,as she has been taking Little Traning in stuff like this so it would be kinda easy indeed...well she Thought it was gona be easy and the last one no food?..well she better give this thing a Try now,as she would Look back at her sister and smield as she would say "Come on sis lets Go!"she says with a smiel as she would Look foward towards the Ropes as she would see some reach the top,she would run towards one of the ropes and would Grab on with both her hands and start climing,as she was clearly forzing herself but being light was not that hard too pull up but still was hard.

As she continue too clime and Look down as she was not even half way there,Jei continue Climing and her hands grabing on too the rope each time in a patern as she clime up,as she was halfway and would stop and look back and smiel and say "Come on sis!"she yells as she would smiel,But sudently one of her hands would slip and start Falling but glady one of her hands were on the rope and being fast handes she quickli regain grab,as she Grone and bite down on her theet,as she would see the skin of one of her hands peel off as it burn and hurt but she needed too use both hands.

she would Grone a Little and look up as she neededtoo continue with both hands and would start Climing again but slower as one of her hands were Hurting but she could clime only that it would take time.
(Is that Ok?)

TChNPaH.png

Iden looked around more, getting even more curious than before. As soon as he thought about turning back around and climbing again, he had heard water rushing...rabidly. Smiling to himself, he pushed back a final branch then grinned, "Well...whadda you know....That wasn't so bad..." he said to himself as he stepped out and sigged before balancing himself on the platform. "God I hate this..." he said in a low growling voice, the others weren't too far behind as he could see them already running up to the slippery things. "This is kinda fun..." he said and smirked. Just then, he slipped and begun to hang from the surface. It took away some time but, he had finally gotten up and started to walk slower this time, watching every step he made, making sure to watch out for bigger puddles and such.

Parker felt a surge of adrenaline as he pulled himself onto the edge of the cliff. Once he stood up, Parker ran a hand through his hair, cringing as he had realized the rope had burned his palms. Shirtley adter, he spotted his blonde sister pulling herself onto the cliff and he smiled while walkeing over to her. She hadn't been too far behind but far enough for Parker to have to wait for her to catch up. That hadn't necessarily been her fault, though. Even with Parker pulling her closer to the ropes, others still had managed to get in front of her and if he was honest he was a bit frustrated with the others' rudeness. It was as though she had been pushed to the side.

He wrapped his arm around his sister's shoulder and looked over at the next obstacle. It was a circular platform that had seemed to be moving in the water. Parker had decided that they could either swim the fast flowing river or try their lucky with the moving platform. Of course, being the son of Poseidon, there was only one right answer. Parker stepped closer to the to per and laughed. "I think you know the answer to that."

This... Was a really high cliff. Then again, 20 feet into the air was too high for Eliza. The brunette didn't want to cause her brother a lose either just because she let her fears get into the way of her performance. Reluctantly, Eliza grabbed the rope tightly, her fingers grazing the fabric. Her knuckles were turning white and she could feel her stomach rumble, vomit threatening to come up. Lifting herself up, which might I add wasn't that hard even with the lack of Eliza's body strength considering she weighed the weight of a feather. Whimpering, she tried to let Aaron's reassurance soak into her but instead she had ended up just feeling guilty. He was being so kind, trying to encourage her but Eliza knew in the end she would be the last one to arrive. "If I fall, i'll end up killing us both," Eliza said, inching her way up the rope. Her heart was racing and her mind was screaming at her to stop and yet she was still continuing. Though Eliza couldn't feel but a little bit embarrassed considering that this was the wrong day to wet high rise shorts and a crop top.

This... Was a really high cliff. Then again, 20 feet into the air was too high for Eliza. The brunette didn't want to cause her brother a lose either just because she let her fears get into the way of her performance. Reluctantly, Eliza grabbed the rope tightly, her fingers grazing the fabric. Her knuckles were turning white and she could feel her stomach rumble, vomit threatening to come up. Lifting herself up, which might I add wasn't that hard even with the lack of Eliza's body strength considering she weighed the weight of a feather. Whimpering, she tried to let Aaron's reassurance soak into her but instead she had ended up just feeling guilty. He was being so kind, trying to encourage her but Eliza knew in the end she would be the last one to arrive. "If I fall, i'll end up killing us both," Eliza said, inching her way up the rope. Her heart was racing and her mind was screaming at her to stop and yet she was still continuing. Though Eliza couldn't feel but a little bit embarrassed considering that this was the wrong day to wet high rise shorts and a crop top.
Aaron looked at Eliza and shooked his head, '' Don't worry... We are already last. Plus, I don't care about the food. I made sure to have something, '' he said grabbing to tender bars from his pocket and showed it to her with a wink. He shoved it back in and looked at her. '' And I'll catch you if you fall. I climbed much higher and I could actually climb with you in my back if you want, '' he said with a smile.

Meanwhile, Delilah loked at Parker, Aileen and the other people which she did not know starting the second challenge. She looked at Aaron, he was now officially the last one since everyone was climbing up a rope except him. She saw Eliza and immediatly understood. Aaron looked very strong, so it surprised her at first. But maybe he was encouraging the others to go first. '' Come on Eliza! We are waiting for you!'' she said encouraging her with a smile as she looked at Jesus.

'' Who is We?'' he asked plainly with indifferent eyes. Delilah pointed at him with a chuckle finding him actually kinda cute. '' You of course, '' she said. He looked at her and shaked his head turning around.
Delilah looked at him with a frown surprised. Was he really just leaving...and he did leave pushing Parker aside and some guy with green hair, probably George and he swiftly jumped from platforms to platforms. Not once slipping, except maybe the last one but he managed to get there.

In the process, he couldn't careless who was in his way and passed everyone.

Jesus looked at the mud path and instead of running, he slowed down his pace to walk. There was no point in slipping to embarass himself. He started walking, first ahead and just looked at the two arrows for direction slowly growing

And it was official.. Eliza was the worst Demi god here. She had only climbed 5 feet and her arms were starting to hurt. It wasn't possible that she could have been one of the strongest of her siblings.but who knew? Maybe all her siblings were either too young or too old and therefore making her the strongest by default. Unless her deity parent saw something she didn't, Eliza was puzzled. The brunette cringed at the sound of Delilah's voice. Gods, she really was pathetic. Aaron continued to try and reassure her but his reassurance only made her feel worse. No, she couldn't just give up. She wouldn't come in last place. She would prove to her little brother that she was resourceful too. She would make it.. For him. Only.. This was starting to sound like an awful love story.. Gross, Eliza wanted him to get together with that blonde girl. But coming in last place wouldn't have really made a difference to Eliza, as she was already starving herself.. Not that anyone knew that. Eliza continued to climb and climb, ignoring the dizziness and pushing through it. Though she had accidentally lost her grip on the rope and slid down a couple of inches before catching herself.

Aaron had started climbing up when she slid and he was the one stopping her, even if it caused him an eye. " Aouch,"he muttered rubbing his eye since her foot hit him there. Thank god for him still on the ground.

He looked up at her with a hand on his eye and gave her a small smile. " It's cool. Just go up," he said holding back his proposition of just climbing up both of them

Anna
Anna had finally managed to pull herself up to the top, reaching her sore red hands over onto the edge of the cliff, taking some time to pull herself up. She cursed under her breath, pulling a hair tie out of her pocket and looped it around the ends of her hair, starting to get serious. She stared at the circular platform, watching it move. She let out a breath. She figured it was like shooting an arrow, only she had to use herself instead of an arrow. She watched the platform move carefully, before taking a jump and landing on the platform. She did so for each and every one, moving on without them. She had never been much of a team player, and she didn't want to be.

Fiona
Fiona was having a little more trouble with the rope than the person above her. She kept cursing as she climbed, her muscles struggling to pull herself each time higher than before. She dared not look down, because she knew if she did, she would psyche herself out of climbing any higher. After a long time of struggling, she pulled herself up to the top, and let out a huff of air, exhausted.

[OOC]: Just one note for everyone. Please try reading all the posts so you can have a good idea of the environment and for your character to be affected by it since it is very important to influence your character's behavior according to it's environment. Thank you :)

Reactions: Nat
Aileen rubbed her hands together, before she looked over the edge of the cliff, seeing Aaron and Eliza climbing up last, and she saw Deliah further over. Then, she turned back to her brother again, the smile that always followed adrenalin on her face. Sure, she was tired from the climbing, but would that stop her? Not when the blood was rushing through her veins.
"Ok. We both have clothes, and don't know what's coming up further. Let's wait with jumping into water, and try to remain dry"
It was almost as if she was calculating what was the best move in her head. Well, she would of course do that. If she now soaked out the clothes and then had to run a mile, they would get heavy and make it harder, while if she remained dry, and then had to jump into water, she could give the clothes to someone who wasn't swimming, and give them the clothes to bring down.
Though, with Jesus bumping into her brother to get past them, she grabbed onto Parkers arm to make sure he wouldn't get out of balance.
"Deliah, want to tag along with us?" Aileen asked, looking over at the french girl, before she turned to look over the edge. "Come on you two! You can do it! Just don't look down and don't look up! Just look at the wall in front of you and think you are soon up!" She shouted to them, though the last part was mainly for Eliza, tryinng to encurage her to manage it.

Alys had taken a while to get out to the cliff and to actually decide to climb it since her head had still been pounding but eventually it cleared. Normally she would've been the first up that damn rope but things seemed to go otherwise. But hey, I'd rather make it up there slower than not at all cause I got a dizzy spell and hit the ground again right? With a sigh, Alys started to pull herself up the rope, glad for once for all those gym workouts coach made them do for the stunts. It didn't take her too long to reach the top, it wasn't her best but it would do. However as she reached the summit and looked out over what was next she froze, completely. Oh hell, oh hells no. Her face went white as a sheet, water, anything but water, she couldn't do water. "No no no no, there has got to be another way round this"

---------------------

Carmen sighed as Ethan turned her around "Yeah that's why it took me so long to be here, I was a little tied up at the time I got summoned here" she poked her tongue out at him before they all started moving and Carmen swung herself onto his back again so that he could see where he was going. "Thanks for the lift Ethan" Carmen leaned over his shoulder saying with a smirk on her face.

After people had been climbing Carmen didn't like the idea, hopping off Ethan's back. "This is gonna kill my hands Ethan, I was only at the spa yesterday!" she complained, not liking this idea right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.