Day 52: The long road.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Quinn peered through a crack in the boards covering the windows, giving himself a better vantage point. He couldn't see anyone else. The standoff had turned into a stalemate, and it wasn't looking at changing anytime soon.
"I'm going out there..." he snarled to nobody in particular.
There was a back door that had been bolted shut, but was convenient enough to open up in the case of an evacuation.
He lifted the cross bar gently and left the building without a sound. His knife held in a reverse grip, he stalked down the alleyway until he was at the mouth of it, looking out at the scene of the standoff.
A woman and a boy stood across from Aria, both aiming pistols at one another.
The boy between them, couldn't be more than twelve at the absolute most. He seemed so calm, almost bemused by the situation. There was something more to these people, that was for sure.

A thought suddenly struck him like a bolt of lightning right through his brain.
Where the hell was that fucking dog?
Maybe it was the rapid fire padding of feet on pavement, or the aggressive panting, but something had tipped Quinn off. The dog - only momentarily scared off - had returned and was bounding down the adjacent alleyway, unbeknownst to anyone but Quinn...racing straight for the boy.
Quinn didn't think, didn't have time to.
He shot out from the alleyway he was in and charged heedlessly towards the dog. He met it at the edge of the alleyway at the exact moment it sprung forward to take the boy down. Man and dog came down to the ground hard with a whimper and growl, all snapping teeth and flailing limbs.
Quinn grabbed its head and slammed it down to the ground and in one swift, brutal motion jammed the knife into the animals throat.
He remained over the dog for a long moment, panting, ribs aching. He had forgotten how bad they still were, but at least none were broken anymore.

Scarlet pulled Xavier back right before the dog and the man reached him, she was shaking, "Scar, I'm fine." He pats her arm, motioning her to get go. So Scarlet did, unwillingly, "thank you." She nodded at Quinn, her gun still aiming at the girl, she was alert, pretty sure that these two people are in the same group, she handed the dagger to Xavier so he could defend himself,

Aria watched Quinn kill the dog. She smirked, almost sadistic, and then turned her attention back to the two newcomers, but slowly began walking backwards from the door. She turned around to show Jude she was nervous, but kept her gun behind the whole time.

Jude saw her looking nervous, and wanted to go over and help. She thought that Quinn could handle it, in a different approach altogether, but walked next to Aria. They were identical twins, with identical guns, so when they walked it looked like a mirror reflection.

Quinn finally managed to get to his feet, but he was breathless still. He had an arm over his ribs and he was sweating profusely.
He stepped out between the two girls with guns.
"This is ridiculous! Both of you put your guns down now. It's obvious neither wants to shoot the other," Quinn croaked before doubling over again. He began to cough violently until salival blood began to seep through his fingers.
It was another struggle, but again he managed to stand. How long until his body gave out?
"Listen lady...I don't know who you are, but if you've got any medicine I'd sure appreciate it. In return we can give you some of this meat that these two idiots," he jerked his head towards Aria and Jude, "are going to start carving up."
As if to reiterate the point, he tossed his knife to Aria where it lay before her feet.
If Quinn had to be the one to get up and impose some order on this ragtag bunch, then so be it. He wasn't going to let the threat of injury or illness get to him.

"I'm not going to shoot anyone!" Jude said, slightly shocked. "Unless they shoot me..." she muttered under her breath. "I make no promises," Aria said, sitting down and carving the meat slowly, hungrily. Jude would take each piece of small, thin meat and hand it to someone. "Here," she offered two pieces of meat to Matt and his sister, putting it as his feet. Then, she gave one to Gale, and finally there was one piece left, that Aria cut into five small pieces, even though none of them would be filling. Aria ate hers in one bite. "Here, you go," she offered one to Xavier, and then Scarlett, and then Quinn, before pressing two into Scarlett's hand. She didn't feel very hungry anymore. She went back inside the building, saying no more.

"Xavier, please get the bag." Scarlet lowered her aim by just a bit, her eyes locked on both of the girls. Xavier ran back to where they hid a few mintues ago, grabbed scarlet's backpack and joined her side, "Here." "Thanks." Scarlet handed (tossed) the man one of her homemade med kits, before putting away the pieces of meat that was given to them, "Thanks." She nodded at Jude. Xavier sat aside with a lighter in his hand, busy cooking away his meat.

Last edited by a moderator:
((Just gonna assume they're cooking the meat :P))

Quinn rifled through the med kit. It was crude, but it would do. He took a few pain pills and swallowed them dry. Medication wasn't a good enough reason to waste the scarce water supplies they had with them.
He gingerly wiped the sweat from his face with an arm, trying not to agitate the scars beneath his bandages.
He was going to have to get used to a life of permanent disfigurement and disability. Looking around, it seemed as though that was the least of his worries. Before everything had fallen into hell, he had been an EMT. He was used to saving lives, but over the course of the past two months it seemed all he'd done was kill.
He shook away those thoughts.

He walked over to Scarlett and her boy, handing her back the med kit.
"I hope you don't mind me holding onto the painkillers and bandages, as you can no doubt tell I'm in some dire need of them right now." Quinn tried to force a smile, but it didn't feel right so he just let it die.
"That your boy? Seems like a good kid. How in the hell you managed to keep him alive, I don't know, but I'd sure hate to see someone with obvious survival skill just walk on by."

"Nope, go ahead, I have plenty of meds." She packs away the med kit, "and no, he's not mine, just a kid that I saved." Scarlet replied, then ruffled Xavier's hair, he rolled his eyes but continued eating, "It was pretty simple for me to keep him alive, kid did as he was told, well, most of the times." She chuckled, "I remember the first night, I locked him outside of the house, and to my surprise, he survived the night, with a few wounds and scratches, so I took him in knowing that he's got potential." Xavier side way glanced her, mumbling, "Gee, thanks."

((Aria ate hers.))

Aria went up to them and she listened in to the conversation, "Potential to do what? Walk around and stay alive? That's all everyone does. We all have "potential"," she scoffed. "That means nobody does, anyway."

((. Sorry for not being active, a friend of mine is in hospital so I've been here there and everywhere on top of finding a job.))

Matt sighed as the girl in his arms sat up looking around before getting to her feet, the girl looked around exposing glistening burns on her right side. Most of the damage had been covered with bandages but there were areas that couldn't be helped. She smiled, oblivious to the danger that they had all just been in. "What happened, are we leaving this place or something?" Her voice was soft and innocent despite the horrors she'd been exposed to. Her school uniform was burned in places and her shoes were falling apart even before the end of everything.

Matt smirked as he got to his feet, he wanted to tell her that they'd almost died due to some stupid ill thought ideas and a starving dog with enough radiation in it to cause radiation sickness in a matter of hours. He decided against it knowing that someone would say something and it may be better if they did, these people didn't seem to care much for sugarcoating things even for a child. "Uh yeah, I guess we're leaving, so get your stuff.

(Aria's sassy as hell XD)

Scarlet stood up, she was taller than Aria, which gave her an advantage, she looked down at the girl, "Not everyone gets to survive in a world like this, if you're weak, you're done for. Unless you have a gun that is. And I'm sure you do, seeing that a few minutes ago you were pointing it at a kid without any self defense... I said he as potential to be a survivor because I've seen what he can do, so don't say stupid things about other people if you haven't walked in their shoes yet." She squinted at the girl.

Mat smirked, already things were breaking down, they were bickering like pathetic children. This is why he and his sister tried to avoid this sort of thing even before the bombs fell. "Walk a mile in another mans shoes before you make and if you don't like it you are a mile away and you have his shoes." He gritted his teeth, maybe he should have grown a pair and slit their throats while their backs were turned. Quick, quiet, clean.Nah, 'the fuck was he thinking, he hadn't killed a person in his life let alone someone who had done nothing to him or his sister. Finally he raised his voice to be heard over the bickering, "right then if you're all done bitching and moaning and clawing out each others throats we need to get going if we're not staying here. A group this size'll get maybe half a mile in the daylight with all that could happen and like hell am I risking it in the dark. There's a pub down the road where we can all get a proper night's kip, stock up on food and plan what we're going to do. We need guns and given that until recently they were illigal there are only a small selection of places we can go."

_hero_of_blood_hoodie__meesa__by_nega_lara-d5vleks.png From ontop of a ruined building Red sits with a few weapons that include. A sniper rifle, katana, dual pistols, and a few other assortments. Her katana is belted at the hip her 2 postols in harnesses on her thighs. Her sniper rifle rested on her back and her other weapon in her bag with an assortment of sweets and a purification bottle. See most people including her family thought she would die in the first day and as it seems her family died first by her hands of course. Her name now seems to be the blood rouge she guesses its due to her sweater and such but who knows. At the moment shes munching on a piece of pocky from her bag. 'Livin the better life.' See she has a stash of food that should last her at least 1 year. She comes across a door a door in which countless bickering can be heard. She obviously does the only rational thing left. She knocks.

Aria laughed, "You have to be able to use a gun." She didn't at once hesitate to speak her mind, and she wasn't starting now. "What else are we doing? Is it that stupid, nobody is finding anything, or making food, we will all die."

Jude slowly opens the door, "Yes?"

((Ruki, would you be able to give a bit more insight in to how you came to have such an impressive set of weapons, guns are largely illegal unless you have some kind of military or police background and even then it's rare to get hold of two guns let alone three as well as a blade such as a katana. Where did you get so much food? those who survived would try to clear out all the supermarkets and local shops within the first days let alone nearly two months in to the apocalypse on top of the fact you'd need a small truck to carry such a quantity. Sorry If I seem to be nitpicking I'm just looking for a rough and tough environment where even if you are armed to the teeth you can't hope to see the next week. I don't want you to have to rework your entire character as that would do anyone's head in just put a bit of back story in to why you're character is so well prepared and so well adjusted to what for most people is nothing short of hell on earth.))

Matt stands there waiting cautiously for the knocking to stop, this could be anyone he thinks. The world has changed people. It could be a frightened child looking for shelter or it could be ten armed men looking for blood. He pulls a small switch blade from his pocket motioning for his sister to get behind him.

((I don't think you're being nit picky...it's not me though. Mine have two guns because a) their father was a policeman and b) because with the loss of their family, it was pretty easy to swop food and stuff for weapons with others.))

"Can I help you?" Jude continued at Red, her gun behind her back, ready to shoot if need be. She began to close the door.

Red stopped the door with her foot "Just stoppin by I got some candy that I dont like and I was hopin to get somethin for it? See Im quite the horder and my family met an..... untimely demise...." She slides through the door and goes into the room. "Oh and I mean no harm unless someone attempts to steal or harm me." She sits on the floor and digs through her bag bringing out a recees kinf size and recees pieces. "I just need to know if theres a water source near here."

"Yeah, it's on cloud nine," Jude replied sarcastically. "Get out." She didn't trust this new guy. "Now."

"Wow how nice I offer food and I get shoved out wowwww." She puts her arms over her head leaning on them. "I just need to know where a water source is and you can have the candy dude." She sighs and blinks a couple times 'damn stingy people these days.'

Matt can't help but smirk but his sister steps in, the girl smiles at the new arrival, "Um...we've got running water out the back but it's not safe to drink. I'll take you out to it if you want." She smiles paying no attention to the rest of the group and refusing the knife her brother hands her.