(Cyrionessa) In the Footsteps of a Sith Lord (Dystopics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You'll be moving into a room that connects with my own." Darth Mirana pulled her hood back up quickly. "The room's only entrance is through my own." She walked past him quickly. "Don't take it personally. It's only natural for me to put you on a short leash for a while until I know all of your strengths and weaknesses. We'll be staying here at the Academy while I over-see a project of mine." She looked back. "Come on now. Whatever you have, grab it from your own room and come with me. I'll be waiting by the stairs that lead to the upper levels in the Main Hall." With that, she shoved open the door and exited.
This was a prospect, to be sure. Perhaps his hatred and anger could rival her own? His vengeance wasn't exactly the same as hers, but it was close. He was human, with all the aspects of humanity showing. The race was stubborn, cocky, and naive. Yet, somehow they always managed to come out on top when cornered into a fight. An interesting prospect indeed.

He shrugged, he didnt have much, and what he did have, he kept on himself at all times. His knives, a com unit, couple tools for the 'liberation' of other peoples possessions. He followed her out the door, wondering just what kind of project a sith oversees?

Darth Mirana noticed him following and nodded. The acolytes tended to not have much. As they approached the giant stairway, several acolytes looked on in awe at Tor and who he was accompanying. A few recognized him and weren't quite as surprised. He was good from what they had seen, though the other two had actually been seen as having a better chance. Tor had been the dark horse in this race.
The upper level had three paths: a straight hallway down or paths to the right and left. Darth Mirana took the straight path down to the very end of the hall where there was a gilded door. Once she pushed it open, a luxurious bedroom sprawled out in front of them. A large bed, a chaise lounge, a vanity, a dresser, and more sat in this room. Tor would barely have time to acknowledge the basics before Mirana opened the door to another room. This room was a bit smaller but still had much of the same grandeur. A large bed sat against one wall with a large window above it. A desk sat against the wall with a chair. The doors to a closet were on one wall. A dresser sat next to the closet. In the middle of the room, a large rug filled most of the empty space. The script upon it was not Common Language, but of the Ancient Sith Tongue.
"It's not much." Darth Mirana looked about. "But it will do."

As they walked, he noticed a distinct change in how the acolytes moved in the presence of the Lady. Sidling by, attempting to go unnoticed by the powerful sith, he had to wonder, did she have a reputation beyond that of a sith? He leaped at the opportunity to be accepted as an apprentice, and had ignored the rumors that had gone around. 'Whelp, probably not going to find out on this night.' he thought to himself. As they approached the gilded door, he nodded in appreciation decor. It was sure to be a fair bit better than his previous quarters. Stepping inside, he had little time to observe the room before he was lead into another. Smaller than the previous room, it still outsized his old accommodations by far. Seeing his new master stop, he walked along the edge of the room, examining the things residing in what was presumably his room for the time being. A rather finely crafted dresser, a closet of reasonable depth, a desk and chair; he resisted the urge to check all of them for traps, for bugs, for anything that could have a negative impact on his continued living. Taking a place on the center of the rug, he turned and faced his master, "The room is more than acceptable." Wondering just when he would begin learning, when he would begin to accrue power of his own, he asked, "When do we begin?"

"You're eager." Darth Mirana took off her cloak and threw it onto the bed. "First, you look more like a beggar than an apprentice. Go search through the closets and dresser until you find something suitable. Hint: clothes are in the dresser, armor is in the closet." She turned to face him for a moment. "You'll find a black cloak with my symbol on it on your bed." She put her hands on her hips impatiently. Her body was clad in what appeared to be fitted leather armor from neck to toe. She reached back to undo her hair from the simple pony tail she had done before so that she could braid it back. "I, however, am not going to be wearing a massive black cloak in the sweltering heat outside. And neither should you unless you want heat stroke." She walked to the dresser and started to look through the masks on top of it. Darth Mirana knew that it was normally easier to wear something over her empty eye sockets than deal with every questioing stare. "You're still there? Go! Or I'll dress you myself so that you look like an apprentice!"

As he turned to look through his options, he briefly considered taking his new master up on her offer, especially after seeing her in that armor. Selecting a set of simple black clothes, made of a light material, and donning a light set of what seemed to be leather armor, he began the arduous task of transferring his tools into his new attire. Finished, he stood in his room checking the fit of everything he wore. He stood, wearing a black breastplate, over a dark blue shirt. his sleeves ran the full length of his arms, ending on his left hand at a long gauntlet, running almost to the elbow. He wore black leather pants, which seemed a bit thicker than normal on the outside of the thighs, and the legs ran down into black boots. Satisfied that his tools were secure, and wouldn't fall out inconveniently, he went to present himself to her Ladyship.

Darth Mirana gazed over her set of masks, wondering which exactly would be best for this desert heat. No metal would probably be good and nothing that reflected light. In the end, she chose a red headdress that came down and covered her eyes. The sides could be pulled together over her nose so that she could block out sand in the case of strong winds. Her two purple sabers were attached to a utility belt around her waist. She had switched from comfortable slipper-like shoes to black boots made for walking the desert.
At his entrance, she turned to appraise him. Of course, she couldn't see the colors but she could see that he was wearing armor and seemed to be equipped for the desert decently enough. His weapons were something she meant to inspect in a bit but first to go see how much progress had been made on her little project.
"Come, Tor." She pushed open the door and started walking back towards the stairs.
Visasfull.jpg

He followed her out the door, and to the stairs, wondering just exactly what they were doing. She had mentioned a project she was overseeing, but had failed to elaborate. Following her, he wondered if he should ask. Pondering this, he realized the real question was, would she answer? Perhaps, he wondered, he would be getting one of the fabled lightsabers sooner than he thought. His thoughts brightening, he quickened his steps, with pleasant thoughts of power and vengeance racing through his head. While his master did not seem very vocal about her actions, or the meaning behind them, it was obvious she knew what she was doing. he would allow her to present her teachings to him when she would, and he would learn all he could at that time.

The acolytes parted quickly to allow master and apprentice through. She walked down the steps that led up to the Academy and down into the sand. The Valley of the Dark Lords lay before her in all of its magnificence and she unconsciously smiled. Here was the resting place of all of the greatest Dark Lords and she could still feel their power and emotion in the air. She walked briskly down among the grandiose tombs, her eyes fixed on crews that were working near the back of the valley.
The overseer, Doram, saw the Sith approaching and quickly went to meet her. He had been informed of her arrival and he hoped that she would be pleased with all of their progress. "....Darth Mirana, I welcome you to the Valley of the Dark Lords once again. I hope that our work will be satisfactory to you."
"I hope so as well." Darth Mirana nodded and walked towards the side of the rock wall that the crews had been hollowing out last time she had been here. Now, an archway greeted her and she stepped inside. The crewmen quickly moved out of her way and Doram tried to stay caught up with her.
"All of the rooms have been hollowed out, My Lady." Doram was quick to remember her preference to being called a woman. "The detailing has begun in the entry way to commemorate all of your greatest battles, along with statues of you of course."
Darth Mirana stood in the center of the room and breathed in the dusty air. "So....this is to be my final resting place? I will have to check back when you have gotten more done, overseer. What of the relics that I asked to be gathered?"
"....w-well....you s-see....." Doram swallowed hard. "....n-none of the men I sent to go get the relics from your ancestors' tombs came back alive...." He braced himself for the oncoming wrath of the Sith. She stood silent for a moment, then burst out laughing.
"Of course they did. No mere mortal can enter their tombs and survive!" Mirana looked back at Tor. "....Apprentice, do you feel like diving into some of the foulest tombs in the Valley of the Dark Lords?"

Tor had followed her out of the academy, and into the blazing sun. Traveling across the sand was not what he called fun, but even he, untrained in the force, was brought up short by the feeling of power in the air as they reached the valley. As they walked, he gaped in wonder at the various tombs, so many of them, and so exotically decorated. His attention was brought back to his master as they reached a tomb that seemed to still be under construction. He was given quite a start when he heard them discussing it as his masters tomb. Had he acquired a sickly or ill master, not long for this world? would he have to rejoin the acolytes in search of new master? His focus was, once more, broken by his master's question. Thinking it over, he weighed it; enter ancient tombs from which none have returned, and possibly uncover artifacts of power? "Yes," he said simply, "Where shall I start?"

"You mean we." Darth Mirana nodded approvingly at the answer. "You won't have a clue where everything is if I don't help you out a bit." Darth Mirana began to exit the unfinished tomb. "There are two tombs and two artifacts that I want from their tombs. Darth Kaizus, my father, had a beautiful curved hilt saber that I want. The crystal that was inside was destroyed in his final battle but the hilt itself is in quite good condition. Darth Prisina, my grandmother, had a set of crystals that she had stolen from the Jedi crystal gathering places. I'd like to retrieve both of these."

As she spoke, he realized that there would likely be no excessive looting, and they would probably leave with only what they were going into them for. Understandably so, if they were indeed, her ancestors, a certain level of respect is to be expected. Regardless, he supposed, it was likely to be quite instructive. "Well then, where do WE start?" he asked, as they were literally surrounded by tombs as they exited the under-construction tomb.

Darth Mirana looked to the right as she exited and her black-gloved hand pointed towards a particularly desolate area. "Acolytes don't dare go into those tombs for a reason. My ancestors did not meet their deaths happily and they punish anyone who enters into their tombs. Unless, of course, you're too skilled for the traps and curses to work on you." She motioned for him to follow her as she began to walk down farther into the tombs. Occasionally, one would think that they saw a few black-cloaked individuals walking about; but, when you looked again, they would be gone. The air seemed almost stagnant down here, like some force kept even the desert winds from touching this place.

As they walked deeper into the valley, the power saturating the air Tor felt grew denser, until it was as stifling as the sun beating down on them. Though the Lady had pointed out their destination, he felt that, if he had had to go it alone, he probably would've gotten lost, and either entered the wrong tomb, or die in the desert, still looking for the tomb. As they traveled, he occasionally had to blink furiously, to try and wipe what appeared to be mirages from his vision. Taking a drink from the small flask he carried, he relished the cool liquid running down his throat.

In the very back of this desolate place, a gigantic archway loomed over the buildings that led deep into the side of a mountain. As they approached it, a sudden gust of wind blew out from the opening, seeming to whisper in another language entirely. "[Be still, my ancestors. Your descendant, Strykai Mirana, has come.]" The wind continued to blow, whispering more words. "[The boy? He is my apprentice and he will do only as he is bid. He is of no concern to you.]" The wind died a bit and she looked back at him with a serious look on her face. "If you value your life, don't touch anything unless I tell you to. Clear?"

They approached a large carved gateway, and a rush of wind met them as they neared. Slightly mystified, Tor stopped where his master did, and sat confused as she seemed to begin speaking to something he couldnt see. after a few phrases, the wind seemed to die down, and the Lady gave him a grave warning. Although he took the warning seriously, and could honestly say he would not plan on appropriating any objects for himself, he could feel the niggling urge in the back of his mind, needling at him. Think of what kind of artifacts could be hidden here, it said, think of the power it could give you. "I wont touch a thing," he said, as he pushed these thoughts aside.

Darth Mirana stepped into the tunnel. Her hands flicked out to the sides, sending small shocks to torches along the walls. When the first two lit, the others followed and the carvings along the walls came to light. They depicted the great battles of seeming several different people, all being cut down by one. Her hand reached out and touched that figure lightly. "Father." It was more of a statement than anything else. This was her father's tomb and she had one single mission. The question was where they had put the hilt. At his sarcophagus would be obvious but it seemed a little too obvious to her.
"....I doubt that it's in the sarcophagus room but that's where we'll start." Her strides came faster and she continued down the tunnel.

As they stepped into the tomb, Tor could only stare at the battles depicted on the walls. All of them being fought by one man, presumably his master's father. Such displays of power... if his master, the daughter of such man, had learned from him, Tor was sure that he would soon have all the power he could ever desire. Since he was able to just follow his masters steps, who seemed quite sure as to her destination, he was able to admire the skill of the craftsmen who were able to depict the actions of such power.

Tor seemed so mesmerized by the carvings around him that he almost stepped on something. Almost. Darth Mirana stopped him by putting out her arm, her hand lightly pushing against his chest. "....don't step on that tile....." She sighed as she nudged a loose rock onto it. Sudden, a spike slipped through the ceiling and slammed down on top of the rock, splintering it. "Imagine if that was your head." Darth Mirana moved forward, identifying more of the spike traps as she went on.

As they continued through the tomb, he touched his head gingerly, as if to affirm that it was still there, in one piece. He no longer afforded the art much more than a glance, in an attempt to safeguard his own life from further traps. 'These halls,' he thought, 'seem endless. Have we been entrapped in something more sinister than a spike trap?'

Status
Not open for further replies.