(Cyrionessa) In the Footsteps of a Sith Lord (Dystopics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Of course." The Sith had already gathered that they were heading the wrong direction. The creek was flowing from most likely the small river that disappeared into the mountain near the academy. They needed to be going against the flow of the river, not with it. Her nimble steps took her across the stones quickly but quietly, her hips swaying with each step. It was unconsciously that they did this but the swing actually helped her find better balance oddly enough. She stayed next to the water, following its flow's source till at last she saw an opening ahead with light. As she approached it, the blistering sand swept through, stinging her skin quite a bit. ".....I am not going back inside that academy dressed in my current attire." Darth Mirana sat down beside the entrance, out of the wind.

Standing near the exit, trying hard to not stare at the beautiful woman that was his master, he queried thusly, "Well, why dont you put your armor back on?" To him, it seemed a simple thing. While damaged, the armor was still somewhat functional, and covered up a great deal more than her current attire. While he would mourn the removal of such a sight, he was somewhat mollified by the thought that he would likely get to see more of it in the future, as he 'practiced' giving her massages.

"The straps are damaged. It won't stay on if I move. Thus, I'll wait till nightfall and go in through my window." The Darth looked up at him like she was stating one of the most obvious pieces of information in the world. "In the meantime, I'm going to give you a simple task." She pointed at the water. "I want you to separate and lift a single drop of water from the river. If that's too much for you, try lifting a rock. And if you can't figure it out in an hour's time, I'll nudge you in the correct direction." She wanted to see how much common sense this creature had in his body.

This was it! He was finally being instructed in the mysterious ways of the force. As he walked back to the creek, he thought, 'Soon, soon i shall have all the power i shall ever want. And it all starts here.' Although, he feels as if he's missing something. reaching the edge of the water, he realizes what it was he was missing. "I have no idea what im doing" his words echoed off the walls of the cavern, as he sat on the bank of the creek. 'No reason not to try, though' he thought, bringing all his focus to bear on the waters of the creek. Focusing, he centered his thoughts on a drop of water rising from the creek. 'Rise... Rise.... Rise...' he chanted in his mind. After what seemed an eternity, he could feel a pressure in his head, heard the blood rushing through him. With a final surge of will, he all but commanded the water to rise. Collapsing backwards, he consoled himself, 'well, didnt really expect to achieve anything yet, not without some instruction' failing to notice the slight upward surge of water where he focused. Nothing more than a plume of water one would see after dropping a small rock into a calm pool, but it was there.

Darth Mirana, however, did notice. She was watching from afar and chuckled to herelf. "Tor, try doing the simpler task first." As she walked over, all of the loose stones in the room suddenly rose to waist level. "Try lifting a rock first. It's easier to do since you are able to see more easily what you are lifting. I want you to focus your mind, ignore all other distractions, and block out anything that tries to interrupt your focus." As the rocks suddenly fell, she sat down next to him. "Observe." She sat down next to him cross-legged, calmly looking directly at a rock that she had put in front of her. It took all but a second for the rock to come up off of the floor. "Focus all of your energy onto that rock. Will it to rise at your command."

Sighing heavily, he sat up, and selected a rock on the bank in front of him. He stared at it, mapping it out in his mind. He brought to bear all of his focus, all of his will, onto that rock. He wanted it to rise, and willed it to be so. Seconds turn into minutes, as he sits there, watching the rock sit there, unmoving. Then, a movement. a slight tremor, a shaking of the rock, as if it wanted to move, but didnt know how. Reaching out a hand, as if he could more easily direct the rock if he were conducting its actions like a symphony. Very slowly, the rock began to rise off the ground. Millimeters in the air, barely enough to tell it had risen, and Tor collapsed once more, the rock settling back into its prior position.

"A few millimeters isn't bad...." The Darth decided not to tell him that her first attempt had slammed the rock against the ceiling, breaking it into several pieces. Then again, she definitely wasn't the norm. It was like she had been bred to be a powerful Force user. It was almost refreshing to see someone who was normal. "I don't think you've completely cleared your mind, though. There's something still there, nagging your subconscious."

...What? Tor was slightly confused at the mention of clearing his mind. "Clear my mind? Is that what im supposed to do?" he asked, confusion unusually apparent on his face. "Might as well give a try," he mumbled, resigning himself to another exhausting attempt. Sitting up once more, he stayed that way, trying to clear his mind. Clear it of his surroundings, the cavern, the creek. Clear it of his personal feelings, feelings of cold from the water, feelings of attraction for his master... the latter was significantly harder to clear away than the prior. He cleared away his plans and thoughts for the future, and the reasons behind them. He cleared it all away, until there was only the rock. He picked it up, and felt it. He had mapped it visually, and was now doing the same with tactile sensations. Setting it down again, he returned to the rock, his visualization of the rock, which had become more. It was now a representation of the essence of rock, and he visualized it rising. He willed it to rise, wanted dearly for it to rise from the cold embrace of the ground, and he could feel something, something other to all that he had known, building up pressure. And then, something clicked. He no longer urged to the rock to rise, he allowed that unusual pressure to flow through him, directing as best he could towards the rock. And the rock rose.

Darth Mirana smiled as she listened to his feelings, thoughts, and emotions through the link. He had blocked everything out so much that he had not felt her put a hand on his shoulder to strengthen the Force link that she had established. Tor wasn't skilled enough to share in the link quite yet but once he became more ware of his surroundings he would feel that there was a connection. His new-found ability to channel the Force would allow him to feel her to some extent through the link.
"....you have done well, apprentice."

Startled by her words, his concentration fled, and with it, his connection to the force. The rock, which had been calmly floating in front of him, about a meter off the ground, shot off into the distance, landing with a plop, as it sank below the creek surface. Slightly winded by the experience, he lay back on the ground, as he forced his body to calm down. He hadn't realized how alert his body had been, and when he was startled from his focus, he almost leaped across the creek from a sitting position. Laying there, exhaustion taking hold, he grinned a fairly silly grin. He had done it. It, being lifting a rock smaller than his fist, but it proved he had the ability, he had a connection to this mysterious 'Force' that would grant him power beyond imagining.

"....." Darth Mirana raised an eyebrow. "Why did you jump across the creek?" She stood up on the other side, not yet crossing. "I'll have to remember how easily startled you are when you attempt to use the Force." The link was not completely broken since she was no longer in contact with him physically. It was just slightly weakened. A surge of approval swept through that link to Tor.

Picking his head up off the ground just far enough to look around, he realized that he had, in fact, traversed the width of the creek, and was now laying across from where he had started. His head resuming its resting position, he calls out,"So, when do we leave?" as he fought against the heavy weight of his exhaustion.

"Perhaps after you've rested a bit." The Sith sighed and looked down at her feet, focusing for a second. Then, as if to keep herself from getting wetter, the soles of her feet came to rest upon the water. This was a simple feet used by bring together the very atoms of the water so close that it was solid until she looked her foot. The focus of Force on her feet brought together and dispersed the atoms with each step. "Dark will fall in an hour, I'd say. It's already getting a bit on the dim side."

"Well, i'll just do some of that resting..." he said, trailing off at the end. Eyes blinking open, it took him a second to realize that they were in fact open, as everything was a matching shade of black. Sitting up, he tried to recall the path to the exit, and realized that there was a creek in the way. Whilst he had apparently managed to bound across it without notice, he doubted he'd be able to do so again right now. He had no idea how he'd done it in the first place, and while the creek was not especially wide, it wasn't something you could easily hop across. With a heavy sigh, he was about to stand, when the thought crossed his mind, 'Where is the Lady?'

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm right behind you." As if reading his mind, a voice slipped in from behind him. The Darth squashed an amused grin because she felt the need to continue be decently official. "And if you're a little worried about getting back to the entrance, don't worry. I have a little exercise for you so that you can find your way back." She moved in the darkness silently, heading towards the entrance in the darkness.

Startled, he jumped again. This time however, he was not channeling the force, and ended up bowled over on the ground. Thankful that he hadn't rolled into the water, he asked,"An exercise? What kind of exercise is done in the dark?" Still a little groggy, and still recovering from her startling him, the concept seemed utterly strange and foreign to him.

"You're going to find me." The Darth positioned herself right inside of the entrance out of view. "You have a Force link with me and I want you to try to sense it." She sat down and started to meditate. "I'm giving you a bit of help by meditating and focusing the Force around me. You're just going to have to focus on my Force signature and find me. Let's see if you can do it in the complete darkness surrounding you."

'Well,' he thought, 'this is going to be SO MUCH FUN'. Sighing, he tried to clear his mind again, laying it all aside for the moment. As everything slide aside, the process becoming easier everytime he did it, he realized he had no idea what to look for. It was like giving a blind man eyes, and telling him to look for a book. He had the ability to see now, but he'd have no idea what anything was when he saw it. Another heavy sigh. He'd cross that river, or creek, when he came to it. Feeling that pressure again, the pressure that felt more and more as if it were everywhere, he again allowed it to flow into himself. 'Perhaps,' he thought, 'I could feel the link out' and waved a hand of the pressure, which he realized now was probably the force. A small rock was launched from the creek bed in a cavern wall, where the impact echoed loudly. Making a note not to just swing the force around, he tried to rethink his plan without losing his connection to the force. As he sat there, focusing hard on nothing at all, he noticed a slight peak in the force filling him, as if a thread were tied to him and gently pulled. 'Perhaps that is it?' he thought, and experimentally tugged at it with the force in his body.

Darth Mirana felt that "tug" and smiled. He was getting it quite quickly, wasn't he? He was going to be an interesting one. She pulled back on the Force with about ten times the strength that Tor had done it. It wasn't really that she meant to do so, but she was used to being able to use her full power at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.