Currently unamed young Superhero training camp (OOC created)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost Note

Man on the Moon II.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually when I'm not working, later on in the day.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Scifi, Modern, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Superpowers/Superheroes, slice of life with a twist.
OOC

In a world of Super heroes and Villains.... A world where people with Godlike powers run free among the humans.

Long story short, there's currently a shortage of superheroes in MURICA! and a few influential heroes managed to pull a few strings to get some superpowered kids in their training program: Camp ThinkerRock! Kids that have been arrested, kids that are in the foster care program with no way out, runaways, dead-ends, or just willing volunteers, this camp aims to train the next generation of superheroes... If only it wasn't a magnet for some of the craziest things around. Villains, Giant Monsters, everything weird and strange tend to come to the Camp! Why? Because they can. Will the trainees survive? Of course they will. They're the protagonists.

Alright, this is an idea I've been throwing around a lot based off of Psychonauts. Originally everyone was supposed to be Psychic, but I decided to widen the range a bit to include all superpowers and shizz. So, if the paragraph up there didn't tell you enough, we're all going to be playing as misfit kids and other people forced (Or willingly) into becoming superheroes. This RP is going to be plenty character driven, along with a big ass camp full of mysteries and places to explore. I also promise plenty of craziness and shenanigans.

Any thoughts? Interest? Ideas? I'll expand upon everything upon creating the OOC, but I'll answer questions here.[/B]

Last edited:
I'd be interested! Got to love a good superhero-style rp. Being influenced by Psychonauts just makes it all the better.

Neato. One person. Any thoughts? Character ideas?

Superhero shenanigans are always fun.

What sort of power levels were you thinking of?

Cool i have my own Hero RP but this sounds interesting.

Well, I've got a few character ideas of my own for just such an rp. Quick question though: considering its character driven, are there going to be any kinds of big-name villains out to put a stop to whatever is going on in the camp? Or are we just showcasing what's going on between these characters as they go about learning to be heroes?

Well, I've got a few character ideas of my own for just such an rp. Quick question though: considering its character driven, are there going to be any kinds of big-name villains out to put a stop to whatever is going on in the camp? Or are we just showcasing what's going on between these characters as they go about learning to be heroes?
Well, sort of. There's not going to be one overarching plot, we're going to have a "monster of the week" format. Villains and various threats will come and go.

Superhero shenanigans are always fun.

What sort of power levels were you thinking of?

Well, I kinda want everyone to go for "mid-tier" in terms of power levels. Not too strong, but not too weak. That said, I will allow a few powerful characters, long as they're balanced and whatever. I just don't want too many because power creep will kick in fast.

Great, I'll see about making an OOC later. I'm a little busy at the moment, but all I really need to describe in detail is the Camp's layout.

Reactions: Dipper
It shouldn't take too long. I'll have it up later on today.

All right!
Now to get planning on what type of terrible, mischievous coward silly, fun superhero I might want to play~

Sorry I didn't get the OOC up when I said I did, something came up. lol

I promise I'm working on it, and I will have it ready soon.

It's no problem at all, Mr Allen J.
Things happen. Take your time planning a good roleplay~

I am also interested and I have a few hero type characters than can be thrown in. =)

While I work, ya'll can entertain yourselves with this sheet:

Basic Information
Name: (Character's real name)
Nickname/Alias/Etc: (Is your character known by any other names/titles? Leave blank if none)
Height: (In whatever format you want, metric or 'Merican)
Weight: (See above, but how heavy instead of how tall)
Reason for Attendance: (Tell me why your character is in Camp ThinkerRock. Were they arrested? Or did they willingly choose to sign up?)
Appearance
Hair Color:
(Put what color your character's hair is. If it's dyed put that)
Eye Color: (This should be simple)
Ethnicity: (What color is your character's skin basically?)
Physical Appearance: (What does your character look like? Go in detail here because the more the merrier. I'd prefer text descriptions, but you can use a picture. It has to be a real picture, though, no anime.)
Attire: (Optional if you want to describes outfits IC-side. What does your character wear normally and what is their "Style" if they have any?)
Personality
Personality:
(What does your character do when around other people? How is your character deep down?)
Hobbies/Interests: (What does your character do for fun?)
Skills/Talents: (Similar to hobbies, but refers to the level of skill a character has. For example, a character could like playing violin but isn't very good at it or vice versa.)
Prized Possession: (What object does your character value above all else?)
Quote(s): (Optional. Just put a line that your character would say here. Anything really.)
History/Bio: (Optional, or PM it to me to keep it a secret Give me a detailed description of your character's past. How they were brought up. Try to include mostly major events/details.)
Family: ([Ex: Parents, children, siblings] Include stepfamilies if it applies, and label as such.)
Relationships
(Basically a section where you put your character's thoughts on the other ones they've encountered. You can also talk to other people and decide what your characters relations will be.)
[Character name] | [Impression (Good/Bad/Neutral]] | [Relationship (Friend, Rival, Crush, etc)] | [Character's thoughts [EX: I think Bob is quite the amiable fellow, has a great head on his shoulders, wouldn't want anyone else on my side]] |

Abilities
Power Class:
(Cerebral, Super-System, Elemental, Power, or Other)
Power: (Describe the power that your character has in great detail, and describe everything your guy can do.)
Weaknesses/Drawbacks: (What are the weaknesses to your character's power?)
Other: (Put whatever you want here, basically anything that doesn't fit in the other forms)
Sample Post: (Write me an example post of your character in action - You also have to show your character's ability)

Just get the basics down, and I'll talk about it then. Keep in mind that I love detail.

Last edited:
WIP

Basic Information

Name: Richard Brian Kennedy
Nickname/Alias/Etc: Wrecker
Height: 5'9
Weight: 220lbs (When not activating power)
Reason for Attendance: He volunteered after his entire town ousted him and his family after an out burst involving a speeding semi being flipped after hitting the boy. It was against his parent's wishes but he knew it was better for him and them.

Appearance

Hair Color: D. Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian with a bit of redness
Physical Appearance: Overall, he doesn't look like a guy who would be waiting in a dark alley, but he still has a presence. Thick-framed and buzzed hair. In addition to the other information, he is more bulk that lean. Skin is a bit rosy. It's obvious he works out but there is still a bear like appearance to him. Broad shoulders and a strong chest. He also has freckles all over his shoulders. His facial hair is a deep red, which may be an odd sight since he has straight, dark brown hair. Rich was born with a squareish head that gave him a prominent jawline. He ended up with a chin that easily be on a real superhero, and nice cheek bones to boot. His eyebrows do not dip or rise as they are perfectly straight across. The nose is....noticeable. It isn't overly large but it is distinguished...and slightly pointed. The eyes are blue and shaped to give a warm, curious look. His lips are average on a average mouth. His he lets his hair get long enough, he can resemble a hobbit. While he isn't a wildebeest there is enough chest/leg hair to look rather masculine. Not many scars though, as most of the time the bad guys don't have anything hard enough to to pierce him. No tattoos to speak of either.
Attire: It's mostly what is comfortable, but he has no issue with going out in a tux.

Personality

Personality:
He is an ENFP personality type. Here is some information that might help. =D
ENFP STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

ENFP STRENGTHS
  • Curious - When it comes to new ideas, ENFPs aren't interested in brooding - they want to go out and experience things, and don't hesitate to step out of their comfort zones to do so. ENFPs are imaginative and open-minded, seeing all things as part of a big, mysterious puzzle called life.
  • Observant - ENFPs believe that there are no irrelevant actions, that every shift in sentiment, every move and every idea is part of something bigger. To satisfy their curiosity, ENFPs try to notice all of these things, and to never miss a moment.
  • Energetic and Enthusiastic - As they observe, forming new connections and ideas, ENFPs won't hold their tongues - they're excited about their findings, and share them with anyone who'll listen. This infectious enthusiasm has the dual benefit of giving ENFPs a chance to make more social connections, and of giving them a new source of information and experience, as they fit their new friends' opinions into their existing ideas.
  • Excellent Communicators - It's a good thing that ENFPs have such strong people skills, or they'd never express these ideas. ENFPs enjoy both small talk and deep, meaningful conversations, which are just two sides of the same coin for them, and are adept at steering conversations towards their desired subjects in ways that feel completely natural and unforced.
  • Know How to Relax - It's not all "nature of the cosmos" discussions with ENFPs - people with this personality type know that sometimes, nothing is as important as simply having fun and experiencing life's joys. That Intuitive trait lets ENFPs know that it's time to shake things up, and these wild bursts of enthusiastic energy can surprise even their closest friends.
  • Very Popular and Friendly - All this adaptability and spontaneity comes together to form a person who is approachable, interesting and exciting, with a cooperative and altruistic spirit and friendly, empathetic disposition. ENFPs get along with pretty much everyone, and their circles of friends stretch far and wide.
ENFP WEAKNESSES
  • Poor Practical Skills - When it comes to conceiving ideas and starting projects, especially involving other people, ENFPs have exceptional talent. Unfortunately their skill with upkeep, administration, and follow-through on those projects struggles. Without more hands-on people to help push day-to-day things along, ENFPs' ideas are likely to remain just that - ideas.
  • Find it Difficult to Focus - ENFPs are natural explorers of interpersonal connections and philosophy, but this backfires when what needs to be done is that TPS report sitting right in front of them. It's hard for ENFPs to maintain interest as tasks drift towards routine, administrative matters, and away from broader concepts.
  • Overthink Things - ENFPs don't take things at face value - they look for underlying motives in even the simplest things. It's not uncommon for ENFPs to lose a bit of sleep asking themselves why someone did what they did, what it might mean, and what to do about it.
  • Get Stressed Easily - All this overthinking isn't just for their own benefit - ENFPs, especially Turbulent ones, are very sensitive, and care deeply about others' feelings. A consequence of their popularity is that others often look to them for guidance and help, which takes time, and it's easy to see why ENFPs sometimes get overwhelmed, especially when they can't say yes to every request.
  • Highly Emotional - While emotional expression is healthy and natural, with ENFPs even viewing it as a core part of their identity, it can come out strongly enough to cause problems for this personality type. Particularly when under stress, criticism or conflict, ENFPs can experience emotional bursts that are counter-productive at best.
  • Independent to a Fault - ENFPs loathe being micromanaged and restrained by heavy-handed rules - they want to be seen as highly independent masters of their own fates, even possessors of an altruistic wisdom that goes beyond draconian law. The challenge for ENFPs is that they live in a world of checks and balances, a pill they are not happy to swallow.

Hobbies/Interests:
  • Food
  • Sports (Specifically team sports like football or baseball)
  • Music - Mostly Rock and Alternative
  • Singing
  • Cartoons
  • Relaxing
  • Babies
  • Video Games
  • Polar Bears
  • Lifting Weights
  • Cracking Jokes
  • Bodily Functions
  • Touching, when it doesn't startle him
  • Medieval History
Skills/Talents: Well, he is a master of relaxing and eating. His skill level is singing depends on the song, so he can sing well but don't ask him to do the entire Phantom Of The Opera Soundtrack. Video games, he is just your average gamer skill level. As for other talents, he is still trying to figure the out.
Prized Possession: His spirit (Willpower)
Quote(s): "You big silly man, cmon and bring it in." "This sounds like a place I need to go in and kick some more ass." "Anyone else smell that?"
History/Bio: Rich was born in a small town, in New York. Life wasn't very interesting, in terms of being a mutant. He came from a good family. In that, they accepted him for who he is. However, they did not know how to deal with him constantly breaking/floating things. Wrecker was raised on good values but with his parents being unable to teach him how to use his gift, there wasn't much for him to be but experiment. There were a lot of ideas that either busted or floated away. No one else knew about it. It was like a dirty secret but he knew they still loved him.

Often, the young man would go out for sports and of course the ability wasn't used. There were a couple of times he was tempted. Even so, he was an average athlete that did well in school. His favorite classes were music and gym. (Because lunch isn't a class). He was known as a class clown and it was something that was prided on.

But the ability had to come out sometime. And it was the last day of Sophomore year. He was walking home, and his head phones were in. The light was red but the truck driver didn't see it. Luckily, Rich seen him. The front of the 18-wheeler had a Mr. Kennedy sized hole in the front. The driver was killed when the semi flipped over the teen.

It was a hard sight to miss, said the 4th witness. They weren't in court, but it was a town discussion that wasn't going well. Before the torches were lit, they decided to move. To a point, he still resents himself for that day. Thankfully, being a teenager in this day and age allows for internet surfing. This is what helped lead him to some hero camp. Couldn't hurt to learn what he can do. After talking it over, with his family, it was time to go. Rich does still keep in contact, when he can, but this new life can be rather busy.

Family: All Alive
Mom: Linda 48
Dad: Harry 50
Older Brother: William 24
Little Brother: James 6

Relationships

TBD
[Character name] | [Impression (Good/Bad/Neutral]] | [Relationship (Friend, Rival, Crush, etc)] | [Character's thoughts [EX: I think Bob is quite the amiable fellow, has a great head on his shoulders, wouldn't want anyone else on my side]] |

Abilities
Power Class & Rating:
Class: Fundamental Force Rating: ?
Power:

Density Manipulation
The power to manipulate the density of objects or entities.

Capabilities
User can manipulate the density and solidity of object or part of the object, whether living or non-living. Users body-tissue, skin, muscles, bones, etc. can be extremely dense/solid, allowing them to withstand harmful strains on the body such as crushing weights, impacts, pressures, and changes in temperature. They also gain enhanced levels of strength and stamina, this is possible because of how hard their body has become, allowing them to resist tearing a muscle and/or their bones shattering easily. The user can make themselves so heavy it can break through almost anything or so light that it can just float away.
  • Enhanced Durability
  • Enhanced Endurance
  • Enhanced Strength
  • Pressure Resistance
  • Skin Hardening
  • Unbreakable Bones
Weaknesses/Drawbacks:

Weaknesses
  • If user isn't in control, they could either float away or be immobilized by weight.
  • User may sacrifice flexibility and speed for strength and durability.
  • Has a real issue with not picking the largest enemy in the room to fight just to feel like a bad ass.
  • Is far too rash with his own life.
  • If someone crosses him once, it may be the last time the cross anyone.
  • If the right buttons are pressed, he can be pushed to do almost anything.
  • While his skin can take an very, very large amount of damage, once it is damaged, his wounds do not heal any faster than a normal humans. Recovery would depend on quality of care.
  • He is still susceptible to energy attacks.
  • While he is a stubborn guy, his mind is still as likely to be taken control of as any human.
  • He has to "activate" the power. So if he is not ready to take a hit, the blow could be deadly if it is to a human.
  • Wrecker is still able to be affected by magic.
  • Unable to activate power while sleeping, unless a dream forces him into it.
  • Wrecker can not use this to fly as Superman or Iron-Man.
  • He CANNOT manipulate the density of anything other than himself.
Other:

Dislikes
  • Cigarettes
  • Feta Cheese
  • People who don't feel remorse
  • Losing
  • People touching him out of nowhere
  • Horror Movies
  • Snobbish Behavior
  • Skateboards
  • Discrimination
Fears
  • Heights
  • Snakes
  • Being Alone
  • Not being useful
  • Rejection
  • Embarrassment of any kind
Sample Post:

BRRRRR
CRUNCH SHATTER

"Hmph!"

It was all that was heard. The rather distinct sounds of a metal car taking some sort damage. The sounds were loud and they were close. Wrecker knew what happened, and it wasn't a car crash. At least, not until it hit its target. The green volvo was for somehow a car that was annoying to look at, which is why it was chosen. Not to mention it was the car of his neighbor that constantly blared his death metal next door. Rich didn't have an issue unless it coming from the next room.

He chuckled when he seen the car and after when he picked it up to send it flying. The car whizzed through the air and almost seemed to be a homing missile for the offender's face. If only he could have taken a picture as it went barreling into him. That look was mostly somewhere in between "Oh shit" or "Fuck me". Not that mattered from for the pain he mostly felt as it rolled with him down the street.

A few seconds later, Wrecker was standing over the body of....well he didn't know who she was but it was loser in their spat. Better get her out of here and to a hospital. He scooped her up and make a large leap over some some skyscrapers, landing in the alleyway next to the hospital.

Rich was immediately startled by the now awake and flailing young woman. She managed to wiggle out of his grasp and went straight for the...air? Is she a flyer? He wasn't sure, since it didn't seem like she knew either. Maybe she was new-ish. Purps looked like she could use some medical attention. There was all kinds of moaning and body holding and this wasn't any prostitutes around. When she tossed out her questions, it was as it he had to try and catch them for answers before she went back to crying out in pain. What the hell did that guy do to her?

He watched as her hand reached out to him. She was still unfamiliar to him, but instead of backing away the skin of his hardened. It wasn't done visually, but one could tell when he was or was not powered up unless they were touching him. As she gripped him, the skin didn't move with the touch though it should have. The rest did not move at all, except his blue eyes under the mask. Then she let go. And just like that it she seemed fine. Was she a healer as well? Fine. I will just go with it.

"Wrecker. Nice to meet you." He said, trying not to chuckle at her name. Theirs palms touched as Purps hands was taken for a moment. His eyes fell to her form, because she mentioned getting lucky. It was a weird scan thing most guys do to almost every member of the sex they are attracted to. But they didn't linger. Admittedly, she was something different. A look worth being curious about.

"We are only a few blocks away from where you blacked and are right next to the hospital. Do you want to go in?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.