Currently unamed young Superhero training camp (OOC created)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basic Information

Name: Christopher "Cross" Sava.
Nickname/Alias/Etc: None.
Height: 5'11" (180cm)
Weight: 154lbs (70kg)
Reason for Attendance: A glimpse of the future when you least expect it can cause quite a shock, and with no one to tell you what's up, where else are you to turn? Chris signed up as an outcast to his family, and likely out of confusion about his own ability.

Appearance

Hair Color: Dark chestnut brown.
Eye Color: Pale green.
Ethnicity: Romanian.

Physical Appearance: Lean and somewhat lanky, and lousy in posture. Chris looks like the kind of guy who'd once been a runner but gave up years ago and has developed something of a inward curve of his shoulders and a soft middle. His face is sharp and angular, rounding off nicely at the chin with prominent cheekbones and jaw. His nose is straight and thin, his eyes rounded and framed by thick arching eyebrows a shade darker than his hair. His skin is somewhere at 19 on the Von Luschan scale, with a light dusting of freckles across his cheeks and shoulders from his younger years. His fingers and hands are large and calloused, with a faint white scar stretching across the palm from a childhood injury involving a fountain pen. His teeth are naturally straight and fairly white behind his thin lips that add to a rather charming lopsided smile. His ears are somewhat big for his face, but thankfully don't stick out too much to be instantly noticeable.

Attire: Chris is quite fond of sweaters of pale or cool colors and loose cargo shorts with plenty of pockets for the various knick knacks he picks up. His sense of fashion is a fickle thing that is either decent, or an affront to the eyes. He's either wearing sandals or black boots, depending on the occasion or weather.

Personality

Personality: Amiable and open-minded, charming and witty, calm and expressive. Chris is generally an even-tempered fellow with a few sharp words on the tip of his tongue and is staunchly loyal to those who do well by him. Though morally grey by societal standards, Chris isn't the type to do something often considered criminal unless it abides by the wishes of those few he's managed to befriend-- harming others isn't in his nature, but he'd gladly help a friend - as long as they kept him out of the actual hurting - if they asked him to. His views on the world bend easily due to his self-inflicted blindness, and this can make him somewhat easy to influence if the right words are used.

His quickness to help a friend regardless of their intentions and his malleable will often make him out to be childlike or naive, but you couldn't be farther from the truth. Chris isn't always friendly on first meeting, and when he is it's not always the truth. He knows things he wished he didn't, and sometimes knowledge isn't the key to understanding or self-enlightenment. The aura that surrounds him informs him of many things, but that doesn't mean he's always going to acknowledge it.

Other than his grey morality, amiable personality, and distant and respectful demeanor, Chris wouldn't mind being a hero if it means he could break out of the confusion his abilities have placed him in. He's terribly afraid of what lies beyond his blindfold, and the future is strife with uncertainty and mystery-- two things Chris isn't entirely comfortable with. It's not that he's afraid of death or other future-related things, but knowing when it will all happen and just what rests beyond the present that freaks him out. He'll gladly take a peek if it means he can help, but otherwise, Chris would much prefer to remain as blind as the rest.

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, mostly. Chris is a decent sketch artist and enjoys doodling the landscape from time to time. He's most often been caught drawing a creature straight from his dreams in order to keep in memory; what his brain comes up with can be quite interesting, and what Chris thinks is interesting must be put onto paper. He also enjoys video games on days he's willing to remove the blindfold.

Skills/Talents: Once utilized a more tame version of parkour before his powers set in, but Chris has retained, to some extent, his ability to move as freely as he once did, as long as he's focused.

Prized Possession: His blindfold, for obvious reasons.

Quote(s): "I told you that was a bad idea."

History/Bio:

Christopher grew up in a rural town in southern Romania with an ailing father, obsessive mother, and obnoxious younger brother. His father was a well-liked Engineer in the locomotive industry before lung cancer due to smoking took him out of the business. Though born into plenty of money, the cancer ravaging Adam's lungs was terminal and thus he decided to pass what money he had onto his children, rather than waste it on pointless treatments. He died on Chris's twelfth birthday, and left him with a decent sum of money for the day he turned eighteen, and the family hunting rifle.

Chris had always been something of a high-energy kid, so taking up parkour with the town kids seemed to be the first step in easing his mind and helping him get over his father's death. His mother offered little to no comfort in her own grief, and his brother was too young at the time to fully understand why their father wasn't coming back. While his mother did what she could to raise them to be decent kids, she always appeared distant and cold, a demeanor Chris decided he didn't want anything to do with. He spent time outside of school to teach his brother what their mother couldn't; English, what to do when a stranger approaches you, how to defend yourself and think up a snappy retort and other basic things the young boy hadn't been taught before. For a while, life was alright and Chris enjoyed the freedom.

Then, he began to know things. They were small things at first , like how the coin would land, or what part of the body his brother had scraped up that time. It was an instinctual knowing that seemed to be nothing more than pure chance or luck. But the knowing slowly branched off and progressed and worsened, and soon Chris was incapacitated by uncontrollable visions what he could only describe as the future. Large events, changes to his family, things relating to people he'd never even heard of-- each time he opened his eyes, Chris was burdened with knowing of a future he wished would remain a mystery. Over time, the physical effect on his body eased somewhat, but the glimpses of the future remained. He believed that, if he couldn't see at all, then perhaps they glimpse of the world around him would stop as well. This was what prompted him to wear the blindfold, and he's tied it firmly across his eyes ever since. The visions stop as long as he wears it, and now Chris enjoys a more controllable ability.

With the sudden "blindness", his rendered latent ability to know things evolved and morphed into something rather different; an aura that acted much like a million links to his brain that allowed him to glean information about objects, people, and the world by touch, smell, and sound. Blindness was no longer a hindrance with this new ability, though it had been rather unnerving at first.

He had settled well into the changes by sixteen, when his mother remarried an American man and moved the family to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He was the weird blindfolded kid in High School, but got by with the excuse that he was truly blind and used the sensory aura to easily match the other kids. By then, the visions were only stopped as long as the blindfold remained in place. It wasn't long before Chris learned of a Camp designed for kids with his very same issues; or, in more common terms, gifts. He signed himself up with the eager permission of his parents.

And now off he goes, hoping to gain some kind of control over when he sees the wacky things of the future.

Family:

Adam Sava - Biological Father. Deceased
Jean Smith - Step Father
Cristina Sava - Mother.
Peter Sava - Younger brother.

Relationships

None so far.

[Character name] | [Impression (Good/Bad/Neutral]] | [Relationship (Friend, Rival, Crush, etc)] | [Character's thoughts [EX: I think Bob is quite the amiable fellow, has a great head on his shoulders, wouldn't want anyone else on my side]] |

Abilities

Power Class: Cerebral.

Power: Chris has a branching and constantly evolving form of clairvoyance. The most prominent part of his power are the visions; in most cases these visions are random flashes of the future that occur when his eyes are open or uncovered. But through intense concentration, Chris can focus on a specific person or point in time and guide the visions in that particular direction. These glimpses of the future can be anyone or anything, no matter how close or how well known it is, but they can't extend into the present-- only the near or distant future.

He can use this ability to predict attacks and plan for the future, correct mistakes that are shown in the visions, and help where he can.

As part of an adaptation to his self-induced blindness, Chris's mind created a type of mental aura that links directly to his brain. Touching an object can tell him who used it, how it was used, who touched it, or where it's been. His perception through sound is a bit more obscure and less fine-tuned for getting around, but it's believed he can use it to paint a vague picture of the world around him and understand the personality and intentions of a stranger based on tone of voice.

Weaknesses/Drawbacks: Chris has no control over his ability, but since the visions stop when he can't see, he's started to wear a blindfold that renders him completely blind. Leaving the blindfold off for too long can be debilitating due to the influx of visions, causing sudden incoherence, headaches, and eventually incapacitation. And sometimes, more knowledge of the future than he'd want to remember.

Sample Post:

I'm still working on this, but I wanted to put this up to see what your thoughts are~

Neat, he's fine, just needs a sample. But we should the discussion over to the OOC.

Right, I'll finish it up and move it over.

Sorry, let me redo. since i've seen my question has been answered. Do you have a character sheet, becausse i'm interested.

It's on the second post of the OOC.

Sorry, isn't this the OOC

No, it's the interest check. A link's on the first post.

Sorry, i'm such a derp sometimes

I don't think this is the right RP for me. Maybe i'll come back another day but i'm not interested right now.

Hey all, I went to the hospital yesterday and I have a severely fucked up spine. So I'm confined to little movements for a while. Just thought it'd be imperative to let yall know.

Holy shit, I hope you're okay.

Hey guys, I have the OOC up. Barely anyone who expressed interest popped up. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.