Crimson Horizon (Sign-Ups/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
also @Xytheus your are third in command, it goes Commander and captain at the top

Ya but sailors ranked commander and above don't have to acknowledge the captains presence. Lieutenant and lower do. Atleast, that's what I've read.

Yep your right! After the next post in the IC I will post a GM post advancing time

Okay here is the deal with that last post, all things that affect the ship i will right, you say what your individual characters do. i will post saying what happens

Hold up, hold up. The captain's got us coming out of FTL into an emergency, but what's the emergency? We haven't gotten any incentive to be worried about anything.
If I might suggest, get the people on the bridge reading the sensors to say they've got hostile signals up ahead or something. The captain seems to just casually mention that we're now in battle.

its a combat test, the bridge knows their is nothing, but the rest of the ship will not.

I see, thanks.
That information might have been a lot more useful to have beforehand.

This looks cool! I also love the Black Sheep Squadron *ahem* finest crew in the Fleet. ;)

Some questions:

Are there aliens in the OER?

How about other Weird Things, like sapient androids, Uplifted animals (something like a dolphin, octopus, African Grey Parrot, etc. augmented to human intelligence), cyborgs, sapient Utility Fogs and the like?

Does the ship have a Science Officer, or would it be more like an Electronic Warfare Officer?

How late is too late to join? I'm going to be away from the 'net somewhere between ten days and two weeks fairly soon in August (I don't know the exact dates yet), and I figure it would probably be better if I started IC after I came back rather than starting and then having a big gap in my posting.

I am fine with a humans-only universe, just asking the above questions about other types of beings so I can know the available range of character types.

Their are not any sapient frogs or the like. But cyborgs yes and sentient ai's also are a thing. And there are many slots to be filled. So you should be okay joining at like the end of august!

Wait, we can be an alien?
If that's the case, I'll probably make another character.
I love playing as an ayyy lmao.

Wait no, I forgot he asked about that. Not as of this story are, so no aliens just humans. For now.

Name: Lazlo Maupin
Height: 5'8
Weight: 128
Appearance:
07uxJzf.jpg

Lazlo is wiry and lean. His body is used to high G forces so he has built up enough muscle to make him fairly strong.

Personality: Adrenaline Junkie, Speed freak, thrill seeker, all of these describe Lazlo's attitude towards life. He is always searching for the next big thrill, and what bigger rush is there than flying headfirst straight into the enemy guns? Lazlo is loud, obnoxious, foul mouthed, mostly what you would expect from an ex-con. Surprisingly Lazlo has an above average IQ, but he only uses his intelligence when it benefits himself so he never really put it to good use. While he is a natural trouble maker, when push comes to shove Lazlo can be fearlessly dedicated to his completing his objective. Lazlo also loves music that gets his blood pumping and heart racing. This means that most of his music selection is high speed death metal with the occasional bass pounding electronic music thrown in.

Background: Lazlo was born on the polluted industry planet of Sepiks Prime. His mother died a few years after Lazlo was born, leaving him in the care of his abusive father. On Sepiks prime there were only two ways to make a living. The first was to start working in the massive factory cities as soon as you were of age. The second was to join one of the numerous gangs that infested the planet that made their living by taking from the honest workers. Growing up with his father Lazlo could take a beating, and being the rebellious type Lazlo jumped at the chance to join a gang. Leaving home at the age of 16, Lazlo spent the next 4 years running with various gangs and living day to day. But when Lazlo was 20 he ran into trouble. He had been joyriding in a stolen hot rod with a gang boss's girl when he was found by a rival gang. In the ensuing high speed chase Lazlo totaled the car and the girl was nearly killed. When the gang boss found out about Lazlo's escapade he demanded that Lazlo be killed. With nowhere to hide Lazlo used his only option available, he signed up with the O.E.R military and became a pilot. While Lazlo was a spectacular pilot that could have had his choice of any aircraft, his insubordinate attitude and misconduct landed him the job of light dropship pilot. Deciding to make the best of the situation, Lazlo resolved to become the best dropship pilot around. On his first deployment Lazlo flew so erratically that all but 1 passenger puked during the ride. But while his flying style was "unique" it got results and Lazlo became well known at the barracks for getting troopers in and out of combat safely. During his first year as a pilot Lazlo discovered that a way to overcome extremely difficult missions was an amphetamine cocktail that junkies refer to as "Crank". Subsequently Lazlo has learned how to make crank out of just about anything, but he is smart enough to know how easily it is to become addicted so he only uses it for desperate situations. Over the course of several years Lazlo put his ingenuity to use by secretly upgrading and modifying his ship, affectionately nicknamed "The Vomit Comet". Lazlo either stole, bribed, or haggled his way into acquiring parts that made his ship able to perform extreme maneuvers. He installed extra afterburners from a junked star fighter, reinforced armor plates stolen from a sabre tank, and a top class sound system from a black market ship chop shop.

Personal Weapons:
wzUUm6D.jpg
Ah, brother pilot. You have chosen your profession well. Fly high, brother.

Xytheus said:
nutjob of a helmsman

That hurts, mane. Really, really hurts mane.

iStock-chest-pain-smaller.jpg

Hurts right here, mane.

Let me clear something up, the shielding on O.E.R. Vessels are token at best, they are their to keep out stay particles and radiation.

Let me clear something up, the shielding on O.E.R. Vessels are token at best, they are their to keep out stay particles and radiation.

Sorry, I didn't know that. I was assuming yhey worked like traditional sci-fi ship shields where they added an extra layer of dense energy protection.
Thing about this is for us to know the specifics of your world and actions, you have to tell us first. Otherwise we'll start assuming due to lack of information like I did.
We can't know what we haven't been told.

Remember to ask ^^ i am not mad, just trying to clear that up, but your post was perfect as it was, they would increase the shield strength to protect from the bombardment of deep space radiation and the degradation of the H Particle shield that lets them pass through subspace without being torn apart ^^

I know, I wasn't trying to stir anything up.
Shields are just pretty self-explanatory. I'll adjust the explanation soon.

Okay, i am going to type up a gm post saying what happens to the ship :]

Okay this post is for dice rolls from now on!

Okay so the ship will be taking damage

Status
Not open for further replies.