Crazed Minds and Troubled Hearts ~ *Serpentine and Kitsune*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Oliver saw the boy lean into his touch, his eyes widened slightly, but the look disappeared as fast as it had arrived. After a few moments, he pulled his hand slowly from the blonde's head, listening to him as he pleaded to him. Oliver furrowed his brow slightly and pressed a hand to his jaw. There was definitely a large amount of pain than he let on, and ice did seem like a good idea.

"Alright you can get me a bag of ice. It's in the kitchen, but I feel like I should come with you..." he said softly, keeping his ruby gaze on Dylan before looking warily outside of his cell. His eyes narrowed slightly when he thought of Lowell prowling the halls, but he figured that he would be in too much pain to try attacking the blonde male again. His mind filled with doubts, Oliver moved his hand to his mouth in a thinking manner, letting his thoughts roll around his head. Finally, he sighed and turned his stunning red orbs to the boy.

"Do you think you can make it there and back by yourself? I doubt that anybody would try anything, but after that stunt Lowell tried to pull, it earlier might have hyped some of the other patients up. Be careful, okay?" Oliver said in almost a strict worried tone. He didn't want anything to happen to the boy...for some reason he couldn't explain.

@Kitsune

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kitsune
As the warm hand left Dylan's blond hair, he snapped out of the daze that he had settled in. He blinked owlishly for a bit as he came back to reality, not understanding what came over him in the first place. It wasn't unusual for him to space out, but this space out puzzled him for some reason. The voice of Oliver answering his question made him put all of his focus on the other male. When he had received a 'yes' to his request, he was so happy that he could do something for the other male that he had fist pumped the air, throwing his arms up because of his joy. In his excitment, he had barely caught Oliver's thoughts about coming with him, which he didn't approve with at all.

The blond boy hopped off the bed, landing on his feet. He was dusting off his clothes like there was something on them, when there wasn't. It was a weird habit of his. At Oliver's strict warning, Dylan couldn't help but to laugh softly. The injured one worrying over the non injured one. How about that, huh? "I'm confident that I'm capable of getting ice and coming back with it. And I can take care of myself, if something does happen," he informed the male, staring into his ruby gaze with his own red orbs, praying that nothing happens on his short trip.

"You don't have to worry so much, really," Dylan continued. "I'll be fine." He gave the other boy a reassuring smile before turning on his heel and making his way to the cell door. Once he reached it, he poked his head out and looked down the hall both ways. With the coast clear, the blond exited out of Oliver's cell. "I'll be back later!" He called as he started to make his way down the hall, trying to remember where the kitchen was located. It would be just his luck if he ended up getting lost. And, knowing him, it'll probably happen.

Reactions: Serpentine
Oliver's eyes widened at the blonde's reaction, staring into his red eyes as he listened. He seemed confident enough to go on the trip by himself, but there was always the chance of him getting lost. Oliver shook the thought from his head. He didn't think that would happen, but if it did, he would just to go out looking for the blonde. When the other male told him he didn't have to worry so much, Oliver blushed slightly before turning his eyes away and crossing his arms across his chest. Worrying? Had he been doing that? Before he could retort, the blonde was already saying goodbye and heading out of his cell.

"Eh-" he started, but let the boy disappear from his vision. Sure, he was worried...although he hated to admit it. But there that feeling was, locked up in his chest refusing to leave. Oliver groaned and closed his eyes, leaning back onto the mattress, for once actually trying to make sense of the voices in his head. With a sigh, he opened his eyes again and looked at the ceiling. He knew it was pointless to even do that, the voices were all random. The snow white haired boy sat up again once more and felt his heart start hammering in his chest. He might have been exaggerating, but he felt like Dylan had been gone for a long while. Shaking his head, he growled at himself and continued to sit there silently, awaiting the blonde's return.

@Kitsune

Dylan was humming soflty to himself as he turned a corner. He gave up on where he was going only a few feet from Oliver's cell. Now, he was just hoping that he stumbled upon the kitchen and he stumbled upon it quickly. He didn't want to be caught out in the halls by himself by a patient seeking revenge for Lowell's beating. Or take too long that the cells get closed and locked for the night. Then he wouldn't be able to give the snow white-haired boy his ice! The thought made him frown and quicken his pace, eyes scanning the halls for anything familiar that would point him in the direction of the kitchen. After a few more minutes of walking, he stumbled upon it, just like he hoped.

"Yes!" The blond whisper-yelled as he entered the kitchen, flicking the light switch on. Grabbing a sandwich bag, he made a beeline towards the refridgerator, wanting to hurry up and get the ice. He put as much ice as he could in the sandwich bag, which happened to be quite a lot, and closed the fridge when he couldn't get any more. Grabbing two paper towels, he wraps the bag in them so Oliver wouldn't get the full blast of the cold, but still enough to soothe his pain when he held it against his jaw. Exiting the kitchen, he flicked the light switch off and closed the door behind him.

As he began to make his way back to Oliver's cell as best as he could and as quick as he could, he heard voices float in his direction. It made him freeze for one sounded deadly like Lowell's. Honing in on the voices, he was able to pluck out the brute's voice among the rest. No doubt his little posse. Without truly thinking, he bolted down the hall, hoping that he wouldn't be noticed. As he ran, he heard a "did you see that?" followed by a simple "no.", which made waves of relief wash over him for that meant that he was safe. Slowing down as he came closer to Oliver's cell, he caught his breath. No need to raise the boy's worry level. Especially after all that he's already done. Once he was calm, he entered the cell, holding out the ice as he walked towards the white-haired male, ruby eyes aglow.

"Here you go! Back in one piece with your ice. See? Everything's fine,"
Dylan said with a slight teasing grin. "You didn't worry even more while I was gone, did you?" He questioned, grin growing in size. For some odd reason, the fact that Oliver would worry over him fueled him to tease and poke and prode at the other boy. All with good intentions, of course. He just couldn't help himself.

When the blonde had arrived back to his cell, Oliver's ruby orbs widened. The feeling of relief washed over him and he sighed, closing his eyes as he grabbed the bag. The cold was toned down because of the paper towels wrapped around it, to which he was grateful.

"Thanks..." Oliver replied softly, pressing the bag gently against his jaw. He listened as the boy teased him about worrying, and blushed a light red. Oliver averted his gaze from the blonde and felt embarrassed. He knew it was probably natural to worry, but not as much as he had.

"Well, I can't help it...with Lowell still lurking around that's all that's been on my mind. I'm just glad nothing happened..." he said softly, letting his gaze lift to the boy's lazily, almost like he was in a daze. Then, after a few seconds, Oliver averted his gaze once more. He felt he was acting strange. Was it the relief? Probably. But all that Oliver could do was smile at the thought of the blonde male's safety, for he had worried non-stop when he left to get the ice. Then he had the feeling of wanting to do something.

Oliver gently put more pressure on the bag of ice, trying to clear the thoughts from his head. He had wanted to hug the other male or ruffle his hair again...feelings that just popped into his mind. He sighed and turned his eyes back to Dylan, his smile growing softer, as well as his gaze.

"I'm happy you're not hurt."

@Kitsune

You and me both, Dylan thought as Oliver explained the reasoning behind all of his worrying. He could understand the worry. If he had bumped into Lowell, who knew what would have happened between them? The blond didn't and he would like to keep it that way as long as possible. His thoughts rolled around in his mind as he paid mild attention to them. Most of his focus was on the injured boy in front of him, who was acting a bit odd. It made him wonder if there was anything else bothering him beside his jaw.

It became silent for a moment as Dylan joined the other boy on his bed once more. He crossed his legs Indian Style, resting one elbow on a bent leg and his face in his palm. The silence didn't last long for Oliver had spoken up once more. It was a simple, grateful sentence that most would brush off but Dylan didn't. As his mouth gaped, his cheeks began to heat up considerably, dusting a light pink. He didn't understand why the simple words had such an effect on him. It was strange. Maybe it was because he wasn't use to such kind words? Yes, that had to be it.

Looking anywhere else except for at Oliver in fear that his cheeks will only darken in color, Dylan mumbled, "Thanks." It was just loud enough for the other male to be able to catch it.

Oliver smiled when the blonde male sitting on the bed thanked him. He chuckled a bit, but otherwise leaned back on his arms as he looked at the ceiling. A fond activity he enjoyed while sitting in his cell. Then, he turned his ruby gaze back to the boy. Slowly leaning forward again, he brought his hand up and placed it on the blonde's head, slowly rubbing his hair. For some reason, he felt relieved to do it. Then, he felt something. His heart. It started to pound a bit faster than normal, causing his ruby orbs to widen in surprise, slowly pulling his hand away. He hadn't felt that way before...it was so strange.

Soon, he started to heard the guards heading to the first cell down the hall, the clicking of locks heard. Oliver straightened his back and felt slightly irritated by them. He looked back at Dylan and sighed a bit before standing from the bed. He walked to the bars and looked out as well as he could. The guards were a way off, but they'd be there soon nonetheless.

"You might want to hurry to your cell..." he said quietly, a tone of disappointment in his voice as the guards neared. Oliver wished they could just have another hour to just talk or, just sit there in silence. Leaning against the bars, he pressed the side of his head against the steel and kept his gaze on the other boy. He really didn't want him to go, but it wasn't his choice to keep him there. After all, Oliver thought that he might want to spend time unpacking and settling into his own cell.

@Kitsune

Dylan wondered quietly if the other male had some weird fascination with his hair as he felt it ruffled once again. How many times was that now? More than twice, he was sure. If it kept continuing like this, he'd die of a heart attack and compulsive blushing, or something. Not that he minded it, if his rapid, pounding heartbeat was anything to go by. It indicated that, while flustered and a bit perplexed, the action wasn't rejected in any way. In fact, it was entirely welcomed with open arms. To be honest, the blond was starting to get use to the action. He could only hope that it wouldn't stop in the near future. He would surely miss it.

The clicking of locks, sound of footsteps, and Oliver straightening his posture caused the teen to come back to reality. He blinked as he thought about how fast the time flew by. He only wished that it would have gone slower or they would get more time. Why would he want to stay with the white-haired boy longer? It was a strange urge. Maybe it came with the whole 'friends' thing. That seemed to be the only plausible explanation. Another reason for him wanting to stay was to avoid the noises that he knew he'd hear inside of his cell when he returned to it. Did he really have to go back? As Oliver got up from the bed and checked outside, a frown had marred his features.

Dylan wanted to say "But I don't want to go back! Can't I just stay here with you instead?" but bit back the words fighting to spill from his lips. He noticed the disappointed tone lacing the other male's voice, which only made it harder to keep quiet. While it would be hard to part ways for the night, he did have things to do. He had to get settled into his own cell before he went spending nights in Oliver's. Once I'm set up, then I can stay, he thought to himself, motivating himself to go and settle into his cell. With a soft smile, he got to his feet and stalked across the cell. Once in front of the other boy, he bit his tongue as he tentatively gave the snow white-haired teen a hug. It was short-lived, but Dylan made sure to put a lot of feeeling behind it. Taking a step back, he smiled up at Oliver as he bid him a farewell, saying, "I should go get my stuff all sorted out. I'll see you in the morning." It was then that he slipped out of the cell and walked down the hall some steps before slipping into his own.

[Sorry for disappearing for, like, three days. ;~;]

Oliver looked at the other boy as he sat on the bed. Then, he turned his gaze back outside of his cell. Then, all of a sudden, he turned his head the same time he felt arms wrap around him. He looked down to find Dylan hugging him. The boy's action had sent Oliver's heart beat into overdrive as his eyes widened slightly. Slowly, the snow white haired boy bent over a bit and wrapped his arms around the boy, as he was more or less taller than him.

But, to his disappointment, he felt the blonde pull away from him. Oliver felt the heat fade away as the boy told him goodbye before leaving his cell. He continued watching the boy until he was out of his vision before sighing and closing his eyes, pressing his forehead against the steel bars. Why was he feeling this way? They would see each other again the next day, but why did he continue to feel alone?

The boy snapped out of his thoughts as the guards locked his cell with a loud 'click'. Oliver made slight eye contact with the guard, and the guard seemed to realize his mood, for he paused a bit before walking down the hall. Oliver slowly pulled away from the bars before slowly collapsing into his bed, not even bothering to pull the covers over him before pressing his face into the pillow and closing his eyes. Soon enough, sleep was starting to take over him...

@Kitsune

[No worries, I understand ^-^ Life is reeeaallly busy so I know how it feels (personal experience T_T)]

Dylan was grateful that he didn't have that much to unpack. He was grateful that he didn't bring a whole lot, except for the basic necessities. While it wasn't that large of an amount, he didn't want to wait any longer to unpack. With that in his mind, he began to unpack and place things where they belonged. Or where he would like them to belong. As he unpacked and put things up, his mind floated back to the short hug that he had shared with the white-haired by down the hall. It made his heart pound against his chest, his cheeks flush a bright red, and a lump to grow in his throat, ceasing any words to spill from his lips. The memory of being hugged back, being engulfed in Oliver's warmth, only made his symptoms increase tenfold. He buried his face in the shirt that he had gripped so tightly in his fists, knuckles slowly turning white from the effort.

He felt like his heart was going to explode, or jump out of his chest. Either way, it was having an overwhelming effect on the blond boy. His thoughts were interrupted for the familiar, loud clicking of his door had echoed in his cell. As he heard the footsteps fade into the distance, he let his face emerge from his shirt, putting it up. With a small, giddy smile plastered on his face, he continued to unpack with a new vigor, seeming to unpack and put things up in a much more quicker fashion.

Before he knew it, he had finished settling into his cell. Looking around, he nodded approvingly at the sight of his cell. Kicking all of the empty boxes aside so he wouldn't trip on them later on, he made his way to his bed and flopped on it with a loud sigh. It was silent as time ticked on while Dylan stared up at his ceiling. Memories of today's events flashed in his mind like a movie, making his small smile grow in size. He grabbed his pillow, hugged it to his body, and proceeded to roll around his bed like some school girl in love. Burying his face in his pillow as he ceased his rolling, he let him relax and melt into a dream-filled sleep, where the noises of the dead were there yet weren't as loud as they usually were.

[Especially with school about to start back up ;~;]

The sound of the lock unlocking snapped Oliver awake. He slowly sat up and ran a hand through his snow white tousled hair. It was the next day, that much he knew, so he gathered a new pair of clothes into his arms before shedding the shirt that he currently had on. Walking out of his cell, he headed toward the showers, feeling the steam already as he got near it. Walking inside, he shed the rest of his clothes before stepping into a vacant shower, washing his body. Yet again, his mind was filled with thoughts about the day before, sending his heart beating at a faster pace. Quickly, Oliver finished his shower and got changed, drying his hair a bit, yet it was still damp after.

Allowing his ruby gaze to roam around as he went into his cell, he placed his dirty clothes into a heap in a basket. He would take care of laundry that night, not really feeling like doing chores at that moment. Instead, Oliver sat on the edge of his bed, putting his face in his hands as he anticipated the blonde boy's arrival, if he even decided to come. While he waited, he sat and listened to the ongoing voices drifting through his head, none of it really making sense.

@york

As Dylan came to, blinking away the sleepiness from his eyes, he listened to his door being unlocked and many others as well. Last night's slumber was the best that he's probably ever indulged in since he had learned about his sixth sense and he couldn't have been more happy. After a few more minutes of resting, the young boy rolled off his bed and got to his feet. He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands as he tried to bite back a yawn that only ended up coming out muffled. His hair was a mess, sticking up in every direction, but he was way too tired to try and fix it. Shuffling his way around the cell, he pulled out some clean items of clothing to slip on for the day. He decided that he would take a shower later on, if he could. The blond was usually too tired to function in the morning, let alone get in the shower. As he stripped himself of his old clothes, tossing them in his basket, and slipped on new ones, he remembered that he was suppose to pay a certain person a visit today.

Running a hand through his hair and succeeding in tousling it even more, the teen made his way out of his cell and to the bathrooms to do the essential things of a morning routine. Wash his face, brush his teeth, the usual. Everything to make sure that he looks somewhat decent. Along with handling other business. After doing so, he exited the bathrooms and made his way down the hall, away from his cell. His eyes roamed the hall, subconsciously searching for any kind of threat. It wouldn't do any good to get jumped so early in the morning. He was standing in front of the snow white-haired boy's cell before he knew it, a smile gracing his features.

He stood for a while, just watching the other male. Soon he realized how creepy he was being and snapped out of his stupor. Opening the cell door, he poked his head in as a greeting. With a bright smile, he said, "Good morning~!" It was after that that he stepped inside the cell, closing the door behind him. Swiftly, he made his way across the room and ploped himself right next to Oliver on his bed, relaxing. He felt comfortable and calm whenever he was in the same area as the other boy. It was a soothing and welcomed feeling. "Did you sleep well?" He questioned out of the blue. When he had left the night before, the white-haired teen didn't seem to be in that good of a mood. He wondered if it had an impact on his sleeping and hoped not.

Upon hearing a familiar voice, Oliver's head shot up and his ruby gaze glanced around the room until it landed upon the blonde entering his room. Almost immediately, a smile found it's way on his face as he watched the other male plop onto his bed. "Good morning." he said simply, pulling one leg onto the edge of the bed. He placed the side of his head against his knee and looked at Dylan. Without a doubt, seeing him had brought up Oliver's mood more than it usually was. When the boy asked if he had slept well, his smile grew a bit more.

"Yeah, I guess I slept well. It would have been nicer if a certain somebody had stayed with me instead." he teased, keeping eye contact with the blonde and acting serious. That was, until he raised his head from his knee and chuckled a bit before flicking his white hair from his eyes. What he said wasn't entirely false. He had wanted the boy to stay in his cell the night before, but he knew that the other male still had to unpack.

"I'm only teasing, don't worry about it." Oliver said, although he felt that his eyes said something different. The night before, he had felt slightly upset and wanted to run after Dylan and tell him to come back...so why? Why was he telling the boy he was 'only teasing', when he truly felt that way? Not even knowing it, Oliver's face had taken on a dazed look as he was deep into thought. Shaking his head, he looked back up at the boy and smiled, trying not to worry about it.

@Kitsune

Dylan couldn't help but laugh softly at the response to his question. Even though the other boy reassured him that he wasn't at all upset and that it was nothing to fret over, the blond sensed that there was a hidden meaning behind the words and, possibly, in his body language. As instructed, he didn't dwell on it and let himself get caught up in his theories and thoughts. Instead, he leaned back on his arms that was resting behind him, grinning at the snow white-haired male. "Right, sorry about that. Would have loved to, really," he had said in unadulterated honesty, "but I had to be a responsible person last night." He ended his confession with a small nod at the end. The teen wondered how Oliver would react to what he said. If he would just take it in stride like he did with his own response. As he thought about staying in the other male's cell, he wondered where exactly he would've slept. His mind immediately provided him an answer, which came with visuals that caused him to flush and shake his head quickly. Sometimes, he wished that he could turn his imagination down a couple of notches.

"Speaking of staying here," Dylan piped up after a moment of silence, "where would I have slept, if I did?" He questioned, honestly curious on what the response to his sudden question would be. He wondered if his mind and Oliver's would agree and supply the same exact answer or one was different from the other. No matter what the answer was, he wasn't going to be upset. Really, there was only two options to pick from. And, if the other teen picked the option opposite from him, he wouldn't dwell on it or let him affect him that much. Why would he? It was a silly thing to get heated over and he'd prefer not to. Besides, it was only a hypothetical question. Which can determine something in the near, near future, he thought to himself because he had been planning to stay in the taller boy's cell for the night, when it came around.

Oliver chuckled at the blonde boy's comment, nodding his head. "It's good to be responsible, I envy you. Even if I am a bit, some things just happen, you know?" he asked, looking down at Dylan who had laid back onto his bed. He saw the boy flush a bit and raised an eyebrow. He looked like he was thinking about something. But, before he could say anything, the other male asked where he would sleep if he did stay the night. Oliver's smile grew and he chuckled, gazing into the boy's eyes. He decided to tease him, just to see what reaction he would get.

"Where would you sleep?" Oliver repeated in his soft deep voice. Slowly, he leaned down toward the boy and stopped inches in front of his face, bringing a hand under his chin. With a sly smile, he didn't avert his ruby gaze from Dylan's. "Why, next to me in my bed of course." he said slowly, his eyes softening a bit. Oliver held a steady expression on his face, although he was teasing, yet he felt his own heart start beating from how close he was to the other boy. Then, the snow white haired boy slowly sat up, drawing his hand slowly from the boy's chin.

"Or...something like that." he said, smile returning to how it usually was, despite the hammering of his heart against his rib cage.

@Kitsune

Last edited by a moderator:
Dylan's attention was solely focused on the other boy as he repeated his question in his usual voice, which sent shivers down his spine. He didn't understand why it had such an effect on him for he had listened to him talk all day yesterday and didn't feel anything like he was feeling now. Maybe it has something to do with yesterday's events? And the way that he's looking at me. Why is he looking at me like?!, he thought in a frantic tone as he let himself become carried away with his thoughts, eyes glazed over as they stared right back into Oliver's ruby gaze. It was the sudden closeness of their faces that snapped him back to reality, making him tense and began to flush brightly. Probably brighter than ever before. The hand on his chin is what caused a surprised squeak, that he'd rather forget about later, to slip past his lips, making his face glow even more. This isn't real. Nope, it's all a dream, I swear, he thought.

Heart hammering against his chest as he took in the white-haired boy's sly smile and the way that was persistent in keeping eye contact with the blond. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't tear his eyes away from the teen in front of him. It was just....too difficult. The sight before him was a very enthralling one that he might not ever get to witness again, but anything could happen. Warm breath fanned against his mouth as they breathed, sharing each other's breath. The feeling intensified as Oliver finally answered his question in a slow manner, making Dylan's heart appear to be lodged in his throat, ceasing any kind of speech from being heard.

And, just like that, the spell that had fell upon them was broken as Oliver began to sit back up at a non-flustering distance, letting his hand slip from its location on his chin. Once the other male was up, the blond let himself fall completely on the bed, not resting on his hands anymore. He was subconsciously rubbing the area where warmth was radiating like he'd been outside in the sun. It made butterflies flutter like crazy in his stomach and a warm, tingly feeling to fill his chest. His other free hand was covering his cheeks, trying to cover up his blush. He wondered if Oliver realized his reaction and instantly hoped he didn't. Oh my God, I feel like I'm about to die of a heart attack. Why would he do that?! It isn't cool! Wow, this is affecting me a lot more than I would like. The blond groaned inwardly.

".....You really shouldn't go around teasing people like that, you know? It's not good for their health," Dylan mumbled, avoiding eye contact with the teen. There was already a possibility that he was going to have a heart attack, no need to increase it even more. With a pout, he continued his little mini rant. "And I hope you were being honest and live up to your words because I plan on staying tonight," he informed the other male, glancing at him out of the side of his eyes.

[I kept reading your post over and over and aaaaahhhh~! >w< I just can't get over it!]

Oliver sat and eyed the blonde, watching as he fell the rest of the way onto the bed. A small smile crossed his face despite the hammering of his heart throughout his chest. He was seriously freaking out from how close he had been to the other boy, but it wasn't a bad feeling. Pressing a hand against his mouth, he looked around his room, wondering if the boy was alright. As if in his mind, Dylan spoke, telling the snow white haired boy that teasing others wasn't healthy for their health.

"I know, I'm sorry. Are you alright, though? I hope you weren't too shaken up." he said seriously, letting his ruby gaze glance over the boy once more. He was then aware of the other male's blush and felt his heart stop for not even a second before a slight pink rose to his cheeks. Just then, he thought that the blonde looked rather cute. Pushing the thought from his head, he pressed the heel of his hand onto his forehead and closed his eyes, opening them again when he heard Dylan start speaking once more. Oliver chuckled at this and leaned back on one of his elbows, closing his eyes before replying.

"Who says I wasn't being honest about that? I meant it wholeheartedly." he said softly, opening his ruby orbs and making eye contact with the blonde teen again, taking on a serious expression. There it was. In his chest, the uncontrollable beat of his heart as it rose. Then, he smiled and sat back up, running a hand through his hair and sighing a bit. "If you want, we can go have breakfast. The cafeteria should be pretty empty since a lot of the other patients don't usually wake up this early." he said simply, stretching his arms up over his head and stretching his back muscles out. Why am I feeling like this...? He continued to think over and over, despite keeping a smile on his face.

@Kitsune

[I know!! Same with yours!! ^-^ I love where this is going!]

"Yeah, I'm alright. Everything will be fine soon," Dylan informed the other male, sitting up. His cheeks had begun to cool down from the immense heat that was engulfing them from before. He wasn't sure that he'd be able will away his blush so soon, though. It was definitely going to take a while, especially with how his mind likes to repeat things like a movie inside of his mind. Before he realizes it, he'll be blushing again, but he was determined to avoid it for as long as he could. It could be quite an annoying habit at times. As he was calming himself down, he caught a glimpse of the infamous pink color on Oliver's cheeks and bit back a smile, but the corners of his mouth did twitch upward.

As the white-haired boy informed about how honest he was being about their sleeping arrangements, the smile that he had been biting back had grown in full bloom, marring his face. The thought and image filled his mind, making his smile grow just a bit more. The honesty and seriousness and everything else was new to the blond, yes, but completely welcomed with opened arms. It was just nice for someone to treat him like he was just another human being and not some freak that they had to be extra cautious around or overwhelm with pity. "Breakfast sounds yummy, right about now. Even better if there isn't a lot of people," Dylan said in a slightly distracted tone as he watched Oliver's back muscles ripple underneath his skin. I've only known him for two days and I'm already in too deep, he thought as he shook his head, getting to his feet and stretching himself.

Oliver nodded when the blonde answered him, telling him he was alright. He was rather glad and stood up from the bed, taking a deep breath and filling his lungs. "There's nothing better than waking up in the morning and taking a deep breath of air. You know why? Because it's a sign you're alive." he said softly, turning to grin at the blonde boy. He knew that the information was more of less random and irrelevant to the situation, but he said it nonetheless. When the boy had said breakfast sounded yummy, Oliver nodded.

"Alright then, we better hurry then. The others might be waking up now, and I don't think running into Lowell this early would be very good on our part." he said, starting to head out of his cell. He knew the other male would end up following out anyway, but he stopped and turned just to make sure before continuing. It was a bit silent, as Oliver didn't really feel like he had much he wanted to talk about...he would converse with the blonde if he would bring up a conversation, but otherwise stayed quiet. That left him to his thoughts...

The snow white haired teen turned his ruby orbs to Dylan and glanced over him. What was it? What was it that made him feel the way he does? Never before had Oliver ever stuck around anybody else, much less get to know them. The scene from a few moments before popped into his head and his eyes widened as his heart rate quickened. He had been so close to the boy's face...maybe he had gone a bit too far with the teasing. After all, the situation impacted himself as well. Oliver shook his head and let his hands find their way into his pockets as he continued to think, eyes cast to the floor in concentration as he tried sorting things out.

@Kitsune

"I couldn't agree more," Dylan responded to the random tidbit of information. Sometimes, people didn't appreaciate being able to go to sleep and wake up the next morning, alive and healthy. Not until they were put in a certain situation. At Oliver's smile, he returned it with one of his own.

The blond hummed a sound of agreement at Oliver's suggestion. He really didn't feel like bumping into Lowell. Or anyone that was associated with him. He just wanted a simple, peaceful breakfast with Oliver and that's it. Actually, he just wanted to spend the entire day with the snow white-haired male. As he followed said person out of his cell, he walked fast to catch up with him. Soon they were in step with one another, walking side by side.

It was silent as they made their way to the cafeteria. Dylan's eyes glanced around as he thought about different things. Majority of those things involved the person he was walking besides. The teasing moment from earlier kept replaying in his mind like a movie. Joining that were images of him sleeping in the same bed as the white-haired boy. Before it could go too far, the teen shook his head of such thoughts, cheeks burning from them. He needed noise or else the thoughts will only come back tenfold.

Turning his face towards Oliver, who was focused on the ground they walked on, he piped up, "Are you okay? You look pretty deep in your thoughts..." He wondered briefly what exactly went through his head. It was a thought that crossed everyone's mind every once in a while.

[Sorry if it's weird. I was having a hard time writing >.<

@Serpentine]

Status
Not open for further replies.