Craving an EPIC story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, okay. I personally don't agree with the idea of them not being elemental manipulators (it seems to me that if they passed rites and rituals and let go of their old life to join this new one, they could at least have the potential to manipulate an element due to how open the shamans seem to be), but we'll see what the others say. :)

I guess I saw the elemental manipulation as more of a bloodline thing, not a discipline you could teach. But yeah, we'll totally see what the general thought is from everyone

Reactions: Kit Kat
Maybe they could be manipulators, but they must learn it through the rites and rituals, making those challenges much harder. If someone passes these grueling test, and masters an element, they are a true member.

Also, I love the animal idea.

Maybe they could be manipulators, but they must learn it through the rites and rituals, making those challenges much harder. If someone passes these grueling test, and masters an element, they are a true member.

Also, I love the animal idea.

I was thinking the same thing. Since it doesn't come to outsiders naturally, it's more difficult to manipulate elements but they can do it. :)

So would we wanna say they are good with manipulation but can't be AS good as someone born into the clans? And maybe the element they adapt to reflects their personality.

Also
Do we wanna say each clan has it's own guardian diety or something?

I don't mean to nitpick again lol but I would like there to be a somewhat equal balance of power and whenever I read "they can't be AS good" makes me think that someone would take advantage of that fact and make some overpowered dude. If they're learning, I would think they could at least make it (with time and effort) to an equal level as the shamans. I'm not trying to blow things out of proportion (if it sounds like I am, let me know lol.) but this is how I feel. :)

Well think about it. Those born into the clans have been training to use their given abilities since they were toddlers. If someone new comes into the clan, of course they won't be as talented a manipulator as those kids. Surely they COULD be, but as you said that would take years. And even that shouldn't be a given.
And in regards to being 'overpowered'... I've always been a fan of RP's where the characters, as strong as they are perceived to be, have real weaknesses. I love that sort of thing. I totally think, as an example, an agent/knight/whatever we call them from the Empire would have the skills needed to take down any number of elementals if need be. How? They have their own abilities, even if they aren't supernatural in nature. And they would be familiar with the abilities of the elementals, since for the most part the clans wouldn't be some sort of secret society where you need a special handshake to know where they're meeting. I say the Empire has more than enough ability and raw all out skill to take down the clans. I mean that's the basis of this whole thing, right? The Empire wants to do some good ol fashioned facist genocide, and they for the most part succeed. So they must have at least a few aces up their sleeves. Like people specially trained to fight elementals.

And by the by, @Kit Kat, please don't think you have to keep your opinions to yourself. Or you're nitpicking. When world building, we love nitpickers. Because that's how you figure out the little kinks in the story and characters before you even start. We're trying to build a good story here... an EPIC story (as the name of the thread suggests!). And to me... that means getting EVERYthing figured out before the interest thread is even put up. But I'm kind of a stickler for detail. I'm not an overlord in that regard, but I love when worlds are all fleshed out.

So let us know what you're all thinking! Let's get our world built so we can start our story!!

• Thank You
Reactions: junebug
Thanks Camleen :) I appreciate your honesty. Thing is I just try not to sound blunt or rude (as many in the past have perceived me as such where I've tried to express my opinions) so I tend to come off as passive and doubtful in an attempt to sound nice. Again, I appreciate your honesty and your words. They're encouraging. :)

I can definitely understand where you're coming from (And in this case, because the Empire is the big baddy, I like to think they are the exception as well when it comes to power). I would at least hope that even though the peeps in the Shaman clan were trained since toddlers, people are realistic about strengths and limitations (I say this because in my experience, people have struggled with that sort of thing and made OP characters without realizing it unless someone pointed it out) and I'm sure that's the least all of us can ask? :) I can understand if they are more powerful in the beginning for sure tho because as you reiterated, the manipulation of elements as a discipline will take years upon years to teach and/or surpass someone who is born with an element. :)

I don't know if you guys would be interested, but my friend and I recently came up with an RP that coincidentally has similarities to the idea you guys have. You can check it out here
OPEN SIGNUPS - A Stand Apart: Signup | OOC

We tend to let the players collaborate and choose the direction the RP will go rather than a GM dictatorship, and you guys seem like you have some really great ideas, so we'd love for you guys to join us.

I don't know if I'd want to join @ItariChan after all these amazing people built so much lore wise, especially regarding the Shamans and plot. It's tempting, but I personally (probably) won't join. Thank you for the offer though.

No problem that's totally understandable! You guys have a really interesting story going on here, looks like it'll be a lot of fun

Well, it's been a while, and with no one stepping up to GM, I think it's safe to say this may not carry on? Was lovely talking to everyone though.

Hello!

If you are still looking for a group rp, Strangers in a Strange Land is in need of two members to recoup the dropping of two players, and from what you present I think you will like it.

We got a pirate(me), a samurai (Camleen), random dude from 2016, 'dead' rockstars, and we're still in the first chapter so plenty to do!

Thank you for any consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.