Craving an EPIC story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think before we do an actual sign up thingy, we need to find someone with at least some experience and interest in main running the story. I'll help out however I can though.

I agree with Camleen. We need to decide who's gonna be willing to step up and be a GM. Unfortunately, I don't feel I'd be the best candidate for the job with my failed attempts at GMing an rp on my own, and with real life being busy, having that kind of responsibility will just make the rp go stale.

@Proficiency
So I know you don't wanna GM, which is cool. Me neither. But I do love world building and such. So since this is your brainchild... I wanna see what you see in your head. So forgive me if you answered all this and I missed it. But I'd like you to lay out what you see for me. At least we can get things moving a little, so i someone does want to step in as GM we have some thought into this.
So...
1. Just what elements do you see us using? We know of the 4 basic ones... but what other ones? Light? Dark? Energy?

2. How many did you see in the RP group? Small group, i hope. 5-10 players?

3. The group is made up of elemental manipulators of differing types... are they all from the same clan/family. Do the differing elementals live together? Or is there like a fire sect, a water sect, ect.

4. Do they all know one another before they flee? Or do they all happen upon one another when they're fleeing? Start as strangers all running who run into each other and decide they need to stick together.

5. What level of tech do you see in this world? Bronze age? Steampunkish tech? Middle ages?

That's all I got at the moment. I'll ask more as I think about it more.

1. Just what elements do you see us using? We know of the 4 basic ones... but what other ones? Light? Dark? Energy?

Light and Dark would exist - but the Clan all the players come from would deal with the basic elements of nature. The Empire that slaughters the clan of shamans utilize "holy" magic that they gain form their faith ( I may need some more time to come up with a religion that isn't just copy paste Catholicism). Arcane, Dark and elemental magic is all considered witchcraft and go against their state religion.

So kill them!
2. How many did you see in the RP group? Small group, i hope. 5-10 players?

At least five yes, I would love more. I personnel like seeing more and more personalities in a mixing pot interacting with each other. Of course that can be chaotic but the number you just gave is fine.

Main concern here is that since everyone is in the same group - that means we have to wait for everyone in the party to post (or we can drag them in worst case scenario)

But that's just in terms of "players". I would allow having multiple characters under your control. Like you could roll a mother or father character that has children. Not everyone in the party has to be a teenager or some shit
3. The group is made up of elemental manipulators of differing types... are they all from the same clan/family. Do the differing elementals live together? Or is there like a fire sect, a water sect, ect.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii want to say there are sects - This is something i just thought about. But the shamans have a religious belief that everyone is a child of nature. Thus all could learn how to commune with nature. Just certain lineages are "connected" to certain elements. If a outsider comes to the clan seeking to join. They are put though a ritual process to figure out which element they are connected too (I don't have a ritual on hand). After they figure it out, thats it - if they have off spring they immediately know what element to train them towards. So typically a outsider would NEVER be a better elemental user than one born into the fold.

The clan's elders each represent one of the elements. So there would be sects but overall everyone is in this together.
4. Do they all know one another before they flee? Or do they all happen upon one another when they're fleeing? Start as strangers all running who run into each other and decide they need to stick together.

Given how i just established sects. I want to say that you could know someone from another sect. But some may just stick with those that share their element. So if you're from the same sect, theres a great chance you know them. But different sect? Maybe seen them around but never said anything to them.

Let's have a scenario

Tony is from the water sect
Able is fromt he Fire sect
Tony has a reputation for doing weird shit
Able may not have talked to Tony before. But most likely have heard of the wacky stuff he does - thus might already have a impression of them.

It's a small enough community were word gets around. But big enough to where you only have little space for people in your circle.
5. What level of tech do you see in this world? Bronze age? Steampunkish tech? Middle ages?

That's all I got at the moment. I'll ask more as I think about it more.

Middle ages - but Gunpowder just became a thing

• Love
Reactions: junebug
Awesome!!!! So Tudor era; amazing~

I am enjoying this idea very much. I have GM'D before, and can if need be. I could set up the interest check and OOC thread, just need to have a description that everyone thinks is good and acceptable.

ight well while we figure out a description I'll just toss in some random bits of world building.

-Children of the clan begin their training when they reach the age of 8

-The Shaman clan believed in pacifism above all else. Everyone is a child of nature. Everyone is Family. No one was taught how to use theses powers for combat. Just to commune with Mother nature. That said, not like someone could put two and two together and realize you can use that fire bending shit to give your foe third degree burns. But, this would go against the traditional belief of the clan.

Given how the survivors are all now victims of their people being slaughtered. This could lead some characters wanting to go against what their faith teaches them. This in turn can create conflict among the party. Those that want to stick to traditions or those that want to change to survive

-The "Empire" that's killing all theses magic users is a theocracy.

-The "Empire" is the most technologically advanced faction in this story.

-Those born into the Shaman clan know very little of civilization. Maybe heard a few stories but have no idea how shit works there. Characters that were originally outsiders however can have this knowledge

-Speaking of which. The Shaman clan don't have any kind of trade or currency.

-Everyone hates Arcane users for being snobby assholes...Except the Shamans because they're suppose to love everyone.

That's all i got for now

ight well while we figure out a description I'll just toss in some random bits of world building.

-The Shaman clan believed in pacifism above all else. Everyone is a child of nature. Everyone is Family. No one was taught how to use theses powers for combat. Just to commune with Mother nature. That said, not like someone could put two and two together and realize you can use that fire bending shit to give your foe third degree burns. But, this would go against the traditional belief of the clan.

Given how the survivors are all now victims of their people being slaughtered. This could lead some characters wanting to go against what their faith teaches them. This in turn can create conflict among the party. Those that want to stick to traditions or those that want to change to survive

-Those born into the Shaman clan know very little of civilization. Maybe heard a few stories but have no idea how shit works there. Characters that were originally outsiders however can have this knowledge

-Everyone hates Arcane users for being snobby assholes...Except the Shamans because they're suppose to love everyone.

That's all i got for now

That's all i got for now
I had an idea for the Empire Religion. Would you like to hear it?

Can't wait to see how everything turns out on a thread ^^

@Proficiency
Essentially it's ment to parallel the Shaman Mother Earth belief. They believe in a pantheon of gods all born of a Allmother, who shaped the earth and sky, for her children to enjoy. Her final act after creating the world was to set herself alight and move across the sky forever, granting her kin warmth and light. The Empire believes that the lesser gods eventually bore humans, and that the royal family is the closest to the gods, leading to the theocracy. They believe that mining, chopping wood, farming, and the use of the resources gathered is making use of the gifts the Allmother granted them, but magic is abusing her creation and a mockery of the pantheon. Their holy magic would probably be only allowed to those who have devoted themselves to the faith (chosen by priests and having undergone a ritual) The reason their an empire is because they believe their 'god-blooded' Emperor/Empress is the one most fit to rule.

• Love
Reactions: SODANK
When i get home from work tonight I'll put up some ideas and/or a cs template

If anyone needs me for something, let me know.

I will be in a wedding all day, but tomorrow I will begin working on the outline of story and the thread. I will put it here first so that way people can mull over it and we can discuss what needs changing and fixing.

• Thank You
Reactions: junebug
@Proficiency
Essentially it's ment to parallel the Shaman Mother Earth belief. They believe in a pantheon of gods all born of a Allmother, who shaped the earth and sky, for her children to enjoy. Her final act after creating the world was to set herself alight and move across the sky forever, granting her kin warmth and light. The Empire believes that the lesser gods eventually bore humans, and that the royal family is the closest to the gods, leading to the theocracy. They believe that mining, chopping wood, farming, and the use of the resources gathered is making use of the gifts the Allmother granted them, but magic is abusing her creation and a mockery of the pantheon. Their holy magic would probably be only allowed to those who have devoted themselves to the faith (chosen by priests and having undergone a ritual) The reason their an empire is because they believe their 'god-blooded' Emperor/Empress is the one most fit to rule.

So their religion favors industrialism. Which goes in direct conflict with the Shamans...

Alright, fuck thats pretty good. Well done

Oh dear, I'd hope not. ^^; If people were able to play Empire and Shaman, things would get stale real quick (coming from experience). I think it's better to have everyone be in a similar group so things don't get complicated when we try to plot and figure out how the Empire and Shamans are going to cross each other in IC, etc. etc.

So here's the quick and dirty write-up I have so far. Pretty self explanatory, pretty much a very basic outline bringing together all of your ideas so far. Thoughts?

Elements (clans):
Air
Water
Earth
Fire
Light
Dark

Summoners/Beast Tamers? I just threw this one in for fun. Maybe there's a sect connected to animals, just as most clans are connected to the elements themselves. Just a thought.

Large community of clans, all interacting with one another. Mostly peaceful in their ways, wishing to not use the gifts granted to them by nature to hurt anything. Since in essence, all beings (even 'evil empire') are seen as children of nature. And therefore, should be respected and protected. Not ALL Elementals share this philosophy, but it is the common belief. You are born into certain clans, and therefore certain elements. But there are those that go to other clans, under differing circumstances. A falling out with their own clan, or because their clan is now gone. And there are others that don't align themselves with a specific clan by name. They are considered 'rogues'. Until they go through the joining rituals, they are kind of considered outsiders. They aren't treated harshly, but they can't be allowed the same rights as members of clans have. They often are seen as worthy of pity.

The 'Empire' is more industrial based, using the earth and its resources for the good of its own people. So the 'Elemental Clans' are seen as being in the way of progress. Once again, for the good of the people. The Clans have no belief in the Allmother or her descendants, and therefore are also heretics. This Empire is very religious, very piety. Not only do the Clans try to impede their progress (in nonviolent ways of course), but they worship anti-gods (as the Empire sees it). This is enough for the newest regime to say 'okay, we're done here' and begin the systematic elimination of the clans. The 'Empire' (we really need to come up with a name for it) believes they are the good guys. Every soldier and citizen within the Empire feels they are doing right by their Gods and their own culture.

Great write up Camleen! Would it be possible to put down the consensus for those that join a clan willingly from the outside world as well (i.e. someone who used to be a knight has dropped all previous beliefs and what not and became a shaman)? I remember Proficiency explaining to me that they'd be open to accepting outsiders. Would they be given the same 'rights' as 'rogues' or are they treated differently from that?

When I wrote that, I was more thinking about members of one clan moving to another. But yeah I totally see a true outsider joining a clan. And so long as they pass all the rites and rituals, they would be welcome to the clan with open arms. They wouldn't be elemental manipulators, but members of the clan nonetheless. That's how I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.