Controlled

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Alice's and Zakai's interaction reminded her a lot of how her brother treated her. She finished her breakfast and Hawk took both of their plates to the kitchen, putting them in the empty sink before returning to his seat.

Alice gestured towards the plate in front of Zakai. "Go on and eat," She told him, "You need to regain your strength from last night."

Areiz went over to the counter, sitting behind it and pulling out a few decorations, setting them on the counter. Hawk rolled his eyes and glanced out the windows before going and opening them. "Nothing like fresh air."

"Thanks!" Zakai smiled, digging in, "I haven't seen fresh fruit for a while." Alice nodded, hesitantly picking up her own plate.

Hawk smiled. "We've got a bunch of plants in the back pantry, we keep them safe so we can eat." He said, smiling. They had a whole little garden back there, but no animals. The eggs had been taken from a nearby supermarket and they'd fix the refrigerator to cool them.

"Smart," Alice acknowledged, "We're heading down to the southern states. There's a good chance there are more survivors, but I'm doubting they'll be friendly towards outsiders. I'm hoping they'll take pity on a couple of kids, right, Zakai?" He nodded enthusiastically, his mouth too full to reply.

"Nice. I'd suggest going by vehicle, if you can. It saves a little time." Hawk said. Areiz nodded in agreement, leaning back against the wall behind the counter. "It also saves personal energy."

Alice shook her head. "That draws way too much attention," She declined, "From the undead and the 'undesireables' of the human race. It's safer to go on foot. If it was a motorcycle, maybe, but a car is simply too big."

Hawk shrugged. "Okay." Areiz nodded. "If you want, just be careful though, I'd hate to find out if you got hurt." she glanced between the two, smiling. "But I doubt you will."

Alice gave a ghost of a smile, putting down her plate. "You're right," She said. Zakai nodded in agreement. "Alice is really strong!" He exclaimed, "No one can beat her!"

Areiz smiled. "I'm absolutely sure that's right, you're in great hands." Hawk sat back and looked at the ceiling. He'd plan on doing some renovating, but he hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Krieg entered the room, his hair all messed up, bags under his eyes. He sleepily looked over at the new girl and the boy she had to care for. "Howdy do?" he asked with a smile. He looked down at the plates on the table. "That looks pretty good. Thanks, you guys." he said, turning his head towards Areiz and Hawk. He took a bite of the eggs and turned his attention to the two others. "I don't believe we've been properly introduced. Call me Krieg." he said.

Hawk shrugged and Areiz smiled. "Hawk's a good cook, enjoy." Areiz said.