Controlled

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Areiz finished off the rest of them closest to her before freezing. Her brother stumbled towards her, his gun lay on the ground a little behind him. Areiz ran over to him and grabbed his gun. "Hawk..Are you okay?" She asked, most of her attention on his heavily bleeding arm as she fired a few last shots into the dwindling few left. Hawk didn't answer, his eyes half closed. She took off her jacket and wrapped it around his arm before moving to his other side, supporting his good arm around her shoulders as he leaned against her, his head resting against her's. She half carried him a little away while he stumbled beside her. Areiz used her pistol to fire at any that dared approach them. She stood a few paces away from Krieg. "I've got Hawk." She said into the mic, not having the breath to yell it to him.

Krieg looked in their direction with a primal fury in his eyes, nodded and went back to butchering the corpses attacking him. He seemed to enjoy the carnage in which he was participating. Coming from a family of soldiers from before the outbreak, bloodlust was practically in his DNA. After he had slain the remaining few, he walked back to help Areiz with Hawk. I've gotta stop doing that. he thought to himself. He cut it close this time, escaping with only blood splatters and a few tears in his coat. "You alright, Hawk?" he asked with a concerned tone.

Hawk nodded slightly. "Broken..window.." He mumbled. Areiz grimaced and walked forward. Hawk closed his eyes and hung his head, stumbling by but was mostly carried along. Areiz kept glancing wary looks around, half-expecting another infected to appear. As they approached the door to the hideout, she pushed the door open with her elbow, setting Hawk in a chair and running to get the first-aid kit and water.

Krieg looks at Hawk's wound. "Looks bad. We need to sterilize it immediately to prevent infection. Blood could have gotten into the wound." he said. He had seen that happen before. Guy had a cut on his face, shot an infected at point-blank. The creatures blood got into the wound, the man became infected. The more he thought about it, the more worried for Hawk he became.

Areiz returned, unwrapping his arm and dabbing the water on it. The cut looked dark and bloody. Hawk had reopened his eyes and watched it before pointing to the medical kit. "Use the alcohol. It should clean it.." He said in a tired, pained voice. Areiz nodded slowly, putting the water-doused rag down and picked up a small packet labeled 'S.A.' She opened it and poured it on the gash, it bubbled before dying away, leaving the skin red, but clean from the dark film. Areiz picked up a roll of bandage wrap and started wrapping his arm. By the time she'd finished, he drifted into a light sleep, his head sitting on the side of his chair which supported his slumped form. She packed the kit back, but didn't put it up. She sat there, watching him carefully before turning to Kreig. "Thank you. If you weren't there..he would have died." She said quietly, her voice a little horse. "And two..two in one day is too much..after so long.." she went quiet, looking over to Hawk, subconsciously turning her knife in her hand.

Krieg nodded. "Glad I was here to help out. I've seen enough people die already. Besides," he added, chuckling lightly, "I was getting bored." He stood up and walked around a little, checking the place out. It'd been a while since he had gone to a place with people in it.

((Knock on the door..the sign says 'Visitors welcome, food, beds, water'...))

Areiz nodded solemnly. "You should get some sleep. I can keep watch for the night." She said, standing up and sitting behind the counter, supporting her chin in her palm.

As the night wore on, a loud banging sounded from the door. The girl wore a dark expression, pressing her hand into her shoulder as she tried to ignore the pain. She had to hurry. She wore a thick, long sleeve black shirt and black army cargo pants. Even if it was only a few seconds, her patience was slipping. She knocked again, slamming her fist against the door three times.

Krieg sighs. "I suppose you're right, I could use some sleep. Don't hesitate to wake me if there's trouble." he said, walking off to find a room. He had picked his rifle back up on the way back, and set it into an empty room. He reloaded his guns and placed them on the nightstand. "A bed... oh, gods, Can't remember the last time I got a decent sleep in a bed." he said, and flopped down onto the soft mattress. He alost immediately passed out. He was soon awoken by the sound of banging on the door, so he grabbed his pistol and made his way into the lobby.

Areiz stood up, her hand on her knife, and opened the door. "Oh, hello." She opened the door wider to let the newcomer in, then realized she was hurt. "Are you okay?" She asked, rushing to pull out a chair and the medical kit. Hawk had woken up and was looking around, dazed. "H-hi.." He managed to stutter before he went back to sleep. Areiz pulled a few things from the medical kit before noticing Kreig walked in. "Just a newcomer." She said dismissively, turning to her. "I'm Areiz, that's Hawk, and that's Kreig." She said, motioning to each person in turn before closing the door behind her. "Let me look at your shoulder."

Krieg stuck the gun in his belt as he was introduced and waved. "You look hurt. What happened?" he asked blankly. He would avoid getting attached to the newcomer until the wound was verified as anything except a bite. If it was, he would spare her the agony of turning and kill her now. Anything else, he would help how he could.

"No," Alice said, moving away from her touch, tensing up, "I'll be fine. There's someone who needs it more." She really hoped she didn't just walk into a house of cannibals. Those are about the only ones who would willing spend their resources on a stranger. Well, if she did, she'd just kill them all and take the medical kit back to Zakai. He was probably terrified by now. She was undoubted lucky to how found this place.

(Sorry, I took forever on his name.)

Areiz gave her an approaching look, but put the supplies away. "Who? What you need? We'd be glad to help a fellow survivor." She said, standing up and going over to Hawk, who had now started to wake up again and was gaining his strength again. He looked over at Alice and gave her a half-hearted smile, trying to look welcoming, but ended up looking pained and tired. Areiz set her jacket where his head had been so when he decided to go back to sleep, his head would be cushioned.

"A young boy," Alice stated, looking the girl right in the eye, "We got caught by a big group of undead. He has a long, deep scratch on his leg. I wrapped it tightly with my old jacket, but I don't know how much longer he'll last if he loses any more blood or it gets infected. I saw your sign while I was breaking into houses looking for anything to use. We haven't been bitten, but he needs aid now." She shifted impatiently, already knowing she'd be thrown out on the grounds that this was a trap. Maybe she could convince them to give her some bandages anyway. Hmm, doubt it.

Areiz paused. "Okay, I understand." She said, looking at Hawk's searching face. He seemed to be testing Alice to see if she was lying, but he just nodded. "W-we'll give you supplies.." He said quietly, his voice a little hoarse. Areiz stood up, giving Alice a concerned smile. She went behind the counter, pulling out a small box and started putting supplies in it. A few bandages, antibacterial soap, water, a few cans of food, and a small alcohol package. She stood back up, picking a whistle off the wall. "Here." she said, setting it on the counter. "If anything goes wrong, blow the whistle. There should be enough to help this boy, and I wish you luck." she said. Hawk stood up unsteadily and took a few steps towards Alice, starring straight into her eyes and put a hand on her shoulder. "We'll be glad to help. It's the least we can do for another survivor." He said quietly. "Please be careful."

Alice paused, a bit surprised, but didn't show it. "I will," She said seriously, taking the supplies, "Thank you." She pulled hesitantly out of the boy's grasp on her shoulder, wincing. She turned towards the door, opened it and stood on the doorstep. She timidly stretched her arm, trying to ignore the pain. She had to suck it up and get back. She took and deep breath, tensed up, then shot off like a rocket back to where she left Zakai. It hurt to run so fast, but she was too worried to really care. It was a few minutes of hard running, but she finally made it back to the warehouse. It was marked by the group of corpses that littered the entrance.

Breathless, Alice pushed her way inside and jogged lightly towards the back offices, relieved she had finally made it. Opening the door to the manager's office, she made her way to the trembling boy in the corner. "I'm back, Zakai," She said softly, kneeling next to him, "I found some supplies so we can clean your cut, okay?" Zakai gave a hesitant nod, moving his leg out in front of him. He had short, fluffy black hair that matched his black eyes. His clothes Alice's (the store they raided hadn't been very diverse), but his cargo pants had a long rip in them, curtesy of the jagged glass he had torn them on. Alice carefully unwrapped the dark jacket, stained with crimson pools, from his leg and pulled a water bottle from the backpack next to him. "This will hurt, but be brave okay?" Alice told him, ruffling his hair, "I promise it will feel better when I'm done."

Areiz watched her leave and sighed. "Same as the others. Stop and go, don't bother to rest." Hawk nodded, yawning and laying back down to sleep. Areiz went over, sitting beside him after she'd closed the door. She smiled at her brother, picking up her knife and spinning it on the table.

Krieg relaxed his tensed muscles. No bites. Reassuring, but he still had to be cautious. People were still liars, nothing would change that. As Areiz handed the girl supplies, he approached the three. "Little boy, huh? Scratch down the leg... Did any blood that doesn't belong to him get in the wound or have any way of doing so?" he asked. Had infected blood gotten to the wound, the boy was infected. The list of options were thin: kill the boy, boil his leg, or soak it in alcohol. The second and third options would hurt like a bitch, but he had a chance of survival. By the time he had finished talking, the girl had already left. "Well, alright."

( Hehehehe, Alice would murder you before she'd let you hurt Zakai)

A good thirty minutes later, Alice was silently trotted down the empty streets with Zakai on her back. Cleaning the wound had been extremely painful for him, and he'd tired himself out trying to stop crying. Fortunately, he would live. The cut was bad, but as long as Alice kept it from being infected, it would heal. Now his leg was wrapped in a thick layer of bandages and he was sleeping soundly.

She paused at a crossroads, looking down the street that lead to the people who had given her supplies. One part of her wanted to turn away and keep going, the other wanted her to take a chance and thank them. Alice glanced at Zakai's plae face on her shoulder, oblivious to her inner turmoil. She made her decision. A rest stop would be good for him, too.

Areiz looked over to Krieg. "You can go back to sleep if you want." she said softly.