Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, very nice. Would you like any help on those?

Very nice of you to offer! Maybe we could do reports of disappearances on the Perseus before it went derelict, as well as technical malfunctions.

Reactions: ze_kraken
This still accepting? If so can you elaborate on the science officer position?

This still accepting? If so can you elaborate on the science officer position?
Yes, we are still accepting. Essentially, the Science Officer is a researcher given to study the Kepler System and anything in it.

I'm still here, I'm still here! Just been severely snowed under... The first couple of weeks back at uni are always pretty hectic, mostly because I'm rubbish at adjusting to work after weeks and weeks of not having to do a damn thing.

Starting to get back on top of things though. I have another RP I need to post in tonight but I'll be able to get one up here tomorrow.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
All of the things.
meme-all-the-things.jpg

Gah, I'm sorry guys, I tried, I really did. I sat here staring at the screen for a good while but no words popped into my head. Normally I find it very easy and natural to get a post up, and the words just flow, so I think the fact that that is absent here is a sign (that I'm not good with RP'ing aliens or just space settings in general I'm not sure).

So I'm sorry to do it, but I'm gonna have to pull out of the RP. I just don't feel like this is for me, but I wish you all the best going forwards!

Gah, I'm sorry guys, I tried, I really did. I sat here staring at the screen for a good while but no words popped into my head. Normally I find it very easy and natural to get a post up, and the words just flow, so I think the fact that that is absent here is a sign (that I'm not good with RP'ing aliens or just space settings in general I'm not sure).

So I'm sorry to do it, but I'm gonna have to pull out of the RP. I just don't feel like this is for me, but I wish you all the best going forwards!
It's fine. At least you notified me first, rather than leaving without an explanation.

Yeah I've been bad with that in the past (J_kraken can attest to that) so I'm trying to do things right this time.

And I'll still be reading along! I love reading scifi, and I really do love the plot here - it just seems that writing it is the problem..

So, while we're all here, why not have an unrelated discussion? Which movie do y'all think is better, Alien or Aliens?

Hard to say. They're both great films for very very different reasons. One is horror, the other a classic of sci fi.

Yeah, it's hard for me to decide also. Personally, I lean towards Aliens, but that's because I saw that one first.

I tend to like it a bit more, too, but I adore both of them. Alien is a masterpiece of film.. But Aliens is tongue in cheek with some great dialogue and is a more 'fun' movie.

Alien has a darker more gritty, sci-fi feel. Aliens is the rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty MARINES FUCK YE---THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALLS! THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE GOD DAMN WALLS!

I love them both.

Edit: My wife has corrected me. I love Alien more because below.
alien.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alien has a darker more gritty, sci-fi feel. Aliens is the rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty MARINES FUCK YE---THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALLS! THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE GOD DAMN WALLS!

I love them both.

Edit: My wife has corrected me. I love Alien more because below.
alien.jpg
Can't argue with that.

@J_"Kraken"

Would you like me to put those notes of yours here, or save it for IC?

Either way works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.