Status
Not open for further replies.
We all seem to be off at a good start. ^_^
Now, here is what we must decide next. When we encounter the Perseus-7, should we all board it, and have the ship crash on the planetary surface (thus leaving the Hydra in orbit)? Or should the Hydra itself crash onto Kepler-22B?

There would have to be a fairly solid reason for the Hydra crashing. Originally, I thought they would sent a tightbeam message to Earth with like a 24 hour lag time (so 2 days minimum before a response) and then , yeah, go board the derelict and unresponsive ship.

Yeah, I think it'd make more sense for the older, abandoned ship to unexpectedly crash than the shiny new one. It also means we could leave our Comms Officer on board which (while maybe not necessary) leaves us with the option of having influence from earth at some point.

Older ship in low orbit begins to decay rapidly, tumbling down to the planet while surviving much of the fall (lack of atmo to cause burn off).

Or, the hydra could dock with it. Automated procedures has the derelict holding the hydra in place while its docked. Cue the orbital decay, dragging both ships down at once? Gravity could rip the hydra away during the descent, leaving two distinct crash sites. Damages are up to the GM.

Edit: landing site for the hydra, treacherous terrain between them. Maybe some crew didn't get off the derelict in time and have to survive and meet up with the hydra at its landing site. Bonus points for no radio, suit leaks, equipment malfunction, manticore run in, and 'ghosts' in the ship (malfunctioning repair drones, AI trying to establish connection, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Windsong I'm beginning to think someone has earned the position of Co-GM. ;)

I'm currently working on a reply for one of my 1x1s that's a bit overdue - once I finish that, I'm good to go here.

@Krimp You want to do a collab. with Sam and Jrl'na? Or should I have her be brief and head into the cockpit?

Last edited:
@J_"Kraken" I've got a pretty full on few days coming up, I might find time to get in a post but with the amount of time it'd take to get a few posts back and forth (I remember our active times synced up during my daytime and I can only get on nights at the moment) it'd be a bit slow for the start. Cockpit would probably be best.

Quuuueeeestion Ishouldreallyalreadyknowtheanswerfor: Is there a posting order to follow?

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
Spiffy.

Let me know if the technical jargon sounds like complete crap.

It probably is.

Spiffy.

Let me know if the technical jargon sounds like complete crap.

It probably is.
Technical jargon is always fun! :D

divide-by-zero9.jpg

So that's how the antimatter drives work.

Basically XD

This is not a cipher code: Brx grq'w xqghuvwdqg! Wkh Shuvhx--- Wkh Shuvhxv zdv d zduvkls! Zkb... zkb duh zh khuh? Qr, grq'w fxw wkh vljqdo, zkdw duh brx grlqj?!

I am waiting for others to post before I start having the quick last-minute check in the mess hall - I don't want to put words in people's mouths. I'm still here!

I am waiting for others to post before I start having the quick last-minute check in the mess hall - I don't want to put words in people's mouths. I'm still here!
Great! I've been thinking about adding little activities and easter eggs around the OOC thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.