Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind waiting another day or so to see if anyone else joins. If no one does, then we'll still got a solid group of 5, and that's plenny of people! To fill other the other roles after that we could either make a few NPCs and/or have people double up characters if they're interested in doing so?

I'll gladly take another role if we feel we're light on players, but like Krimp, I think five is a pretty well-sized group (and we at least have one of each of the roles arguably vital to a space-faring vessel).

(and we at least have one of each of the roles arguably vital to a space-faring vessel).
Exactly what I was thinking, haha. At least we can fly the ship, fix it if it breaks, fight off any nosy aliens and patch up anyone who gets hurt in that fight! If that's not a dream team right there, I don't know what is.

I just thought of another bonus of having any unfilled roles when we start being NPCs: they can be fodder for the Manticore, allowing for death in horror-style posts without having to actually kill of any of the players. To begin with at least...

• Useful
Reactions: Legens Legentis
*hands the other roles a red shirt* Virgo standard-issue uniform, hope you understand.

Reactions: Krimp
*hands the other roles a red shirt* Virgo standard-issue uniform, hope you understand.
Going off that idea..

It could make things a little more harrowing if those empty positions were filled by temporary npcs who are killed early on, leaving holes in an already tight spot.

Most of the 'important' (pilot, engi, sec) are filled. Losing the captain could be a good cause of conflict while everyone tries to figure out who's in charge and who's responsible. Same for comms officer. Maybe no one has much experience handling the equipment. Assuming messages can even get out.

Brainstorming is fun!

(And keeps the interest for the RP up)

That's exactly it! That being said, and seeing as it's been another, what, day and a bit? and no new people have turned up, do you think it would be worth simply starting and filling out these NPC's?

That's exactly it! That being said, and seeing as it's been another, what, day and a bit? and no new people have turned up, do you think it would be worth simply starting and filling out these NPC's?
I'll be working on an NPC for myself anytime now today. :P

Reactions: Windsong
sci_fi_warrior_woman_by_ayyasap-d7s4jk2.jpg

Appearance (picture or description):

Name: Chloe Avilov

Race: Human

Personality: Chloe is always a force to be reckoned with. She has a short temper, and solves most issues with either her wit, or her mastery of hand-to-hand combat. It's no mystery that she doesn't deal kindly with authority. Chloe is, in all fairness, the least likeliest person to serve on the Hydra. She harbors a heavy distrust of the Virgo Corporation, only to accept their job opening for personal reasons. Ask what those personal reasons are, and she'll happily throw you out of an airlock.

History: Chloe Avilov, originally Katia Avilov, was born on Earth in 2100 AD. For much of her early life, she was a resident of Magadan, Russia. Living in the outskirts of Siberia, Katia never had a formal education on Earth, and had never been aware of many of the technological advancements of the past few decades. Many in her community still lived as though it was 2052. It was difficult growing up in the harsh wilderness, made worse from an alcoholic father and an uncaring mother. When she turned 16, Katia ran away to Moscow in the hopes of finding a better life. Instead, all she had discovered was a poverty-stricken city with little opportunity. In spite of this, she made a short career as a professional fighter in illegal, gambling-funded matches. Still searching for something better, Katia saved enough money to live comfortably on Mars. The decision to leave Earth was the most important in her life. Hoping to avoid any conflict with Martian authorities for her past, Katia changed her name to Chloe. Although it had appeared that she would turn a new leaf, Chloe managed to find a spot in a vibrant drug trade on Mars, making frequent deliveries and snuffing out those who didn't pay well. Over time, Chloe had acquired a skill she never had before. It wasn't always easy to locate a client on the Martian surface. There were many rogue city-states that opposed the United Nations. For this reason, Chloe developed a talent for traversing hostile terrain and mapping out trade routes. The work was certainly lucrative. Making appear as though she was an innocent trader, Chloe caught the attention of the Virgo Corporation, who made an offer she couldn't refuse. To serve on the Hydra.

Talents: Determination, tracking, and cartography.

Weaknesses: Short temper, inability to follow orders, heavy disgust for alien races, and lacking knowledge of tech.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Krimp
@Uncle Legens Legentis do you mind if I make an NPC with a much briefer CS? I'll still fill out everything but much sparser, sorta just enough that anyone would have an idea of how to control him/her.

I just figure that it's just gonna be somebody who anyone can bounce dialogue back and forth between, and someone who's gonna end up served as an entree for the manticore, anyway.

That being said, I'm gonna make another alien! Hooray for Virgo's sense of diversity!

@Uncle Legens Legentis do you mind if I make an NPC with a much briefer CS? I'll still fill out everything but much sparser, sorta just enough that anyone would have an idea of how to control him/her.

I just figure that it's just gonna be somebody who anyone can bounce dialogue back and forth between, and someone who's gonna end up served as an entree for the manticore, anyway.

That being said, I'm gonna make another alien! Hooray for Virgo's sense of diversity!
You can make your CS as brief as you wish in regards to an NPC.

Name: Bartholomew 'Bart' Renoit II

Race: Nelurr

Personality: Bart is a personable Nelurr who, in his young age, is always eager to learn new things. Unfortunately, this often translates into asking an annoying amount of questions of people he's just met. A fast talker and quick thinker, Bart is also always the first one to back down from a fight; his people are peaceful, and the slightest threat of violence will send him scurrying to the safety of his comms room.

Biography: Bart is a member of a very... humanized family of Nelurr. Born and raised on earth, his gig with Virgo is Bart's first real mission: fresh out of comms school, he is simultaneously eager and terrified to experience life outside of what he's known for the entirety of his young life.

Strengths: Quick thinking, sociable, empathetic

Weaknesses: Cowardly, naive, prone to panic in difficult situations.

• Love
Is there anything else that needs to be done before we're good to start? I was just thinking, if the captain role really needs to be filled and no one can be bothered making another NPC sheet (understandable), we could just double up some roles? e.g. Make one of the pilots captain (or anyone else for that matter) and I could double but Jrl'na as both medical officer and scientist?

I dunno though, just throwing some ideas out there because I'm really eager to start!

Is there anything else that needs to be done before we're good to start? I was just thinking, if the captain role really needs to be filled and no one can be bothered making another NPC sheet (understandable), we could just double up some roles? e.g. Make one of the pilots captain (or anyone else for that matter) and I could double but Jrl'na as both medical officer and scientist?

I dunno though, just throwing some ideas out there because I'm really eager to start!
Just for the record, I hope that we can all start by tomorrow. The captain role can be managed by the pilot, as that would be logical. And yes, Jrl'na can be both a medical officer and scientist. If we receive no other players by the time we start, I will be glad to offer multiple roles for those who desire them.

It's been so loooooong that tomorrow was two days ago!

Alerts!

That's what people need!

I'm still around playing Planetside 2 and a few other scifi games to keep the mood up.

I've rewatched the two Alien films that matter. Trying to get a picture of what the ship'll look like and getting some of the terms liable to shown back up down. I am good to go!

It's been so loooooong that tomorrow was two days ago!

Alerts!

That's what people need!

I'm still around playing Planetside 2 and a few other scifi games to keep the mood up.
Um... the IC thread was put up on schedule.

• Useful
Reactions: ze_kraken
Well. Off to write I go!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Oh, I assume the pilots would be the first awake, yeah? Need to get some manual control for the last leg of the trip. That seem ok?

pilots and engineers to warm up the life support.
I went ahead and opened up some possibility for interaction with the pilot and engineers.

That said, my intent was not to limit anyone else, so if that needs to change, I can go back and edit the post if needed.

Reactions: Windsong
Status
Not open for further replies.