Colony Galileo

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Life first. Just mention you have life affairs in the future, don't need to tell me what it is. If you can. :ferret:

I'll give you the rest of this evening to get a post out, and will post tomorrow instead.
Thanks, and I will. I've already started, so hopefully it won't take me long.

Ah, yes. I suppose I should do that posting thing.

Sorry, my Grandmother was just discharged today and I've been too worried to do anything requiring thinking since she went to the hospital.
Oh... alright. Take your time then...

Oh, sorry. I had a busy day yesterday and was probably more than half asleep when I wrote that so I probably missed your post. Honestly dude, I just don't want you to mistake my crassness as insults or anything like that....

And that goes for all of you, if you feel like I'm being a prick, let me know and know that I am probably not meaning to be a prick. That part of my sense of humor often comes across as really dickish over text and I often read things later that I wrote and hate myself for it because I feel like a total tool.

And that goes for all of you, if you feel like I'm being a prick, let me know and know that I am probably not meaning to be a prick. That part of my sense of humor often comes across as really dickish over text and I often read things later that I wrote and hate myself for it because I feel like a total tool.
Nah, he's a prick. Just remember that he's a potato and it'd be silly to get angry at a popular side-dish.

Nah, he's a prick. Just remember that he's a potato and it'd be silly to get angry at a popular side-dish.
Shut up! You are ruining my cover story damn it! And yes, I am delicious in a multitude of styles and flavours.

Shut up! You are ruining my cover story damn it! And yes, I am delicious in a multitude of styles and flavours.
Most of which are bland without the addition of gravy, butter, cheese, or something equally unhealthy.

Most of which are bland without the addition of gravy, butter, cheese, or something equally unhealthy.
Hey, just because you don't appreciate the natural flavour of the starchy root that is the potato, doesn't mean others don't!

I mean, in this particular case you are right, but still...

Hasn't got anything to do with the RP, but me and a friend are sending each other images all day long. At one point I kept spamming with red panda and received ferrets, because of my avatar.

54e4e5940a9328e75559c1a9cf1a76a6.jpg

Thought it would be fitting seeing that Brovo is a GM and... >.>
I feel even less funny for just writing that down.....

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Look below action log for additional notes--your name may be pinged there, as well as in the action log!

Just a list of acronyms and the like. Will be updated as more appear.
Universal Terms

NAT: No Action Taken this round. For the round that a new player is introduced, this is normal. Failing to act in the story repeatedly will get you warned and eventually removed from the RP. I don't like being that guy though, so please don't force me to do so. :sunglasses:
Pinned: Character is pinned. They generally will have to struggle free, or else be knocked out or killed by the target pinning them. Strength is the prevailing trait here, though agility can play a factor.

NPC Terms

Independent: NPC is acting of their own accord.
Under Orders: NPC is doing what a player has told them to do, overriding what they would normally do. (If confronted with multiple orders, they'll generally execute the ones that make the most sense to them at the time, unless they value loyalty over common sense.)
Leader: NPC is the leader of a larger group. (Ex: Militia Sergeant.)
P-NPC: Party NPC. These characters generally have no overriding reason to leave you and will stay with you. Other NPC's may come and go, but these guys are here to stay with you.
Elite: NPC is highly trained and will present a very sincere threat to the group. NPC has flat bonuses against death checks and will instead ordinarily take injuries. Be very wary engaging one unless you have a good defensive position or you can ambush it. Will ordinarily apply only to enemies.
Boss: NPC is absurdly powerful in some way. Only engage if you have no other choice, and expect to see PC's die trying to kill it. Retreat should be your normal strategy against these characters, as they generally won't pursue and will instead send their underlings after you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

North Bellsford, Super-Centre: Currently in a high-tension area, hostiles nearby.
Ariston Tychon (@Azathoth ): Notices Mellaran reacting to light as a sign of concussion (clever), waits for Max's call to the liaison officer to bear fruit.

Sergeant Max (A-1205) (@Ascendant ): Orders civilians to retreat, as hiding will only get them killed. Calls for directions on military channels.

Phillipe Mordante (@Kadaeux ): Insults local civis, arms himself.

William McCormick (@Helios ): Suggests running aimlessly? (GM isn't sure where character is suggesting to move to--confusion. It's not like you can escape a planet-wide siege by running elsewhere on the planet, so one might need to be a bit more specific about the direction and why. :ferret:)

Libero (@PCSutfin ): Suggests saving civilians.

Morgan (P-NPC): Awaiting orders and ready to move out; disappointed by Williams; thankful towards the rear admiral.

North Bellsford, Zinc Road: In the midst of an evacuating crowd, danger in the distance.
Prosper (@Potatocat ): Asks for orders from Leonie.

Norb Chi'Surn (@Jorick ): Agrees to help Nikolai.

Ariel Abraham (@Expllo ): Agrees to help Nikolai.

Leonie Valkrich (@Aliceee ): Ready to follow Nikolai after vomiting. A lot.

Nikolai (P-NPC): Examining the situation.

20 Civilian Militia (Leader is Martello): Weak, but ready to help in any way they can. Armed with standard rifles and side arms. They will listen to orders from Leonie or Nikolai, but may question them from others.

East Bellsford, Red Line: In the midst of attempting to restart the subway system.
Kephart (@Goldmarble ): Beep boops his way down into the subway and sets up cover. Boop beep. Beep boop. Robots.

Laura Shima (@Herzinth ): Attempts to organize civilians, radios for status on Private Renard Turner.

Gilan Thorne (@ChromeHound ): Entered power room and gets to work trying to diagnose the issues. (Requires: At least 2 rounds to try and repair the issue. These rounds can be interspersed or done later, and/or you can try to assign the civilian engineer to help.)

Marcus De'Leveyan (@Kadaeux ): Sets up scout drone over subway to give vision of incoming enemies, gives Berry a tablet to view and control it, heads into the subway.
  • Surveillance Drone: Deployed above Subway Entrance, searching for incoming forces.
Matthew Taylor (@Silverdawn ): Arrived to the scene, requesting orders.

Berry Wilson Jones (P-NPC): Issues orders, gets ready for combat, takes cover.

10 Vet. Civilian Militia (Leader is Keran): Setting up barricades and getting ready for hell.

East Bellsford, Convoy #4: Fell behind and is attempting to reach Red Line.
Tharvax-8071 (@Jorick ): States he will guard the civilians of the convoy.

Captain Caitlin Atten, MD (@Seba ): Agrees to help in any way she can, recommends to try and find a way to keep the group from getting stragglers.

Quentin Brant (@Snakey ): Agrees to help Ralph with civilians.
  • Drones Deployed (4): Scouting local area...
Gwen Argalla (@Holmishire ): Flirts with Ralph, suggests assigning everyone a number.

Ralph (P-NPC): Suggests plan to save convoy #5, waits for consensus.

1 Medium Tank ("Sabre" class): 3 tank crew. (Driver, primary gunner, commander.) Tank is made for 4, but the secondary gunner is dead.

8 Civilian Vehicles: Tissue paper has a higher survival rate.

45 Civilians: Only ten are armed, but all are scared shitless. The ten armed could be inspired to fight, given the right words.

Additional NPC information here. Don't be afraid to ask more info on them.

@ChromeHound Quick note about NPC's: You're not really supposed to control them. I didn't mention this though, so this is my bad, and you did a really good job with the engineer. In the future though, don't use NPC's--collaborate your post with me via PM or instant messenger. If you're not certain how this kind of stuff works, just say so here in the OOC--myself and several other players are experienced in their use.

Also of note for everyone about NPC's: If an enemy NPC is stunned or pinned, and won't recover by the next turn, I'll mention it. In such instances, it is perfectly acceptable for you to knock out or execute said enemy without any risk.

World lore update coming along soon with @Honorific & @Aleksandar character reviews. (Damn Aleksandar, that's a really long bio! :ferret:) The world lore update will include information about the Chrysalids and any technology or vehicles they may have brought along. It'll also include information on the Sabre Tank, for Convoy #4.

The Term List has been updated. P-NPC, Elite, & Boss added under NPC Terms.

Next GM IC Post will go up Saturday the 29th!

Reactions: Honor-Sama
  • Thank You
Reactions: Azathoth
Alright... Again, Prosper is just going to wait for Leonie to tell him what to do.... *Crosses fingers and hopes Leonie is smart enough to realize that*

There's nothing about what Max took off the dead, Brovo.

There's nothing about what Max took off the dead, Brovo.
There's not really much else to find aside from their ammo and weapons, which would have been standard rifles. :ferret:

Just posted.

Arnold's face when I used his catchphrase in my post:

YYm7a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.