Colony 361

• Thread starter sincere_and_silent
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
wont be much of a problem, Psioni find slime molds a delicacy as I stated before, if you forget to collect these offspring, I am sure that either Gentar or Neera will scoop one up and eat it as a snack

@Simba - Sure. Post a bio.

Also, sorry for the delay guys. My ferret had me running to the vet a lot last week. I'll be more active now.

I don't think I mentioned it, but the handgun Zed carries is a 1911. Just to help complete th image.

I was going to complain that it's an ancient gun by the time of the story, but then I remembered that Ghriin uses tribal blades that would be considered ancient by today's standards.

It would be a newer model. They are still remaking the thing this day. It is an awesome design, but yeah outdated. Of course replacing lead with depleted Uranium and Tungsten and the copper jacket with.... I don't know, some other metal. XD New ammunition would make up for the older model firearm.

Actually, in a futuristic environment, melee weaponry makes more sense, my father talked to me about this during a scene with a gunfight in a room with a central computer. Which also gives reason for lightsabres to be a thing. If you are in space and need to fight would you rather go at an opponent with a gun and potentially damage a computer that is keeping you alive or potentially shoot a hole in the ships hull, sucking all the air out and killing everyone, or Would you take out a sword and not put everyone in danger except those participating in the battle.

I never understood "depleted uranium" as ammunition, use radioactive uranium, even if the fucker gets away he now has cancer

Okay but these are tribal blades made with spaceage alloys, not laser technology. I mean, they're of extremely effective design, but they're still just swords.

Ummm, the radiation isn't the point. Depleted Uranium is heavy, and dense as fuck. Same reason we use lead, only lead is cheaper. And, I also have a blade. I would also think that a handgun round wouldn't go through the hull of an armored ship, at least from the interior.

Which makes them just as deadly but not as dangerous

Potato-But you could still damage a computer

Then don't shoot at a computer. You have other weapons for those situations. XD

You shouldn't use guns indoors for the same reason you should be extremely careful about non-decaying mass rounds in space.

BTW decaying mass rounds are he only good mass rounds.

Doesn't matter if it decays if it hits the target. Enough shrapnel comes out the back no matter what. ;D

Precisely. No worries about collateral damage.

No, no it really wouldn't. In fact, it would make more collateral. Decaying mass rounds will of course decay so they don't hit something millenia later and thus royally fuck up someone's world. High Explosive rounds will explode when they hit the thing in question.

I was never talking about collateral, I was talking about if you miss

And what happens if you miss? Collateral damage. COME ON PEOPLE! It's like when someone's got a gun pointed to your buddy's head and you go hero mode but accidentally shoot your buddy in the head.

Then even if you use decaying rounds you will still damage any equipment

You don't get what I'm saying, do you?

I admit, that was a bit of a poor example.

Say, then, that you're a cop. There's a criminal on the run. Lethal force authorized. you try to be quick on the draw with your shotgun, but the range is too much. A few pellets hit him, yeah, but there's pellets headed straight for innocents. Wouldn't it be convenient if those pellets just turned to dust before they hit any innocents?

So while a normal mass round will go on FOREVER, a decaying round will decay and reduce the risk of collateral.

In a confined area such as a ship that is still hard to pull off unless shooting down a corridor.

Status
Not open for further replies.