Colony 361

• Thread starter sincere_and_silent
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to find a look for my character, and writing up a couple posts for my thread in the jump-in rp section.

Finished my first week of classes. Casually waiting for roleplays to move along, playing Bloons Tower Defense 5

Learned how to say pancakes in spanish. Pancakes. You pronounce it differently. XD

Oh, and I have a 4 day weekend. Woot.

Oh, and if you sneak onto the ship, that will make for a nice meeting with Zed. Mostly because he takes his job very seriously.

Ghriin announced her arrival, now she has to introduce herself under her alias.

the kids are going to attach to you now cause im genuinely afraid of zed he might throw them out the ship lol

Alright, I got a little distracted but I'm gonna go ahead and try this now. @sincere_and_silent Let me know if I have to change anything here.

• Name: Corbo (last name unknown)
  • Species: Human
  • Family: Unknown (deceased)
Personality: Not as talkative as most people, but is always open to those who bring conversation to him. Never controlling, but is eager to offer up council to those who are younger than himself. Has healthy level of self esteem but his high confidence is often veiled by his genuine demeanor and genial attitude.

History: Having grown up in one of the more primitive human settlements, Corbo is a nature nurtured man. Still, his community has seen their fair share of outsiders and are fairly versed in modern sciences and technology.

Reason for joining the ship: Exploration and the quest for knowledge.

Qualifications: Although he's never had any formal education, he has a vast understanding of naturopathic medicine. He's also very fit and naturally athletic with some experience in combat.

Preferred title/position: Herbalist or warrior.

Attachments

• 734129_324786157644394_1759588317_n.jpg
    734129_324786157644394_1759588317_n.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 6
Ah yes I can already see the conflict of herbal medicine versus modern medicine between you and Gentar

Not exactly sure how you figured out what security was saying, they weren't speaking to you, therefore no translation was given

I can make changes if you want. I just thought I'd join from Psioni since I missed the opportunity to meet up with the crew at the black market.

Well you can either Say you had business or something, or you could change it entirely and do like others saying you were already on the ship

Last edited:
Alright. I'll go with the second one. Seems like the more sensible option, what with humans being a rarity at Psioni and all.

@Krazaz - This is the internet, so I can't say for sure. However, your last two messages came off as a little rude. Not to say you were, but that is how I read them.

And just to inform everyone, I will not allow any rudeness among my RP members.

Now, Djed, you could have just come aboard the ship without anyone noticing. There is a door near the cargo hold, near the bridge, and near the center of the ship (basically right by the kitchen and commons area).

So you could have slipped in without anyone noticing. You are welcome to state that you had contacted the captain, Trent, beforehand, so you were just boarding knowing you had permission.

Wow seriously? The first one was pleasant I would have loved the interaction. The other was just informative so that it didn't turn metagamey.

Please stop thinking negatively of me

Trust me you'd be able to tell if I was being negative

Last edited:
Fixed my post, though I can't say I'm all that happy with it. Gotta get my groove back or something.

Wow seriously? The first one was pleasant I would have loved the interaction. The other was just informative so that it didn't turn metagamey.

Please stop thinking negatively of me

Trust me you'd be able to tell if I was being negative

Well, I wasn't sure. That's why I said it just comes off that way, considering it's the internet. So, no big deal.

And I really wasn't singling you out when I mentioned not putting up with rudeness. I just decided to go ahead and say that for everyone's benefits.

Again, was not saying "You are being rude". I just said considering it is the internet, it is hard to tell, but it feels like it came off rude. And I am not thinking negatively of you in any way. Mmk? I just mentioned it because if I read it that way, someone else may have too. And I wanted you to be able to say, "Nope, wasn't meant to be rude. Just saying." That is all.

Also, I'll be replying in a day or so (don't hold me to that exact time frame). Fiance's birthday tomorrow so big celebrations and all.

Reactions: Silver
Krazaz, she wasn't the only one that thought it came off as slightly rude. She wasn't attacking you or anything, so my advice is to mellow out a bit, alright? We're all just trying to make sure everybody can enjoy this without feeling like they're being attacked or anything. I understand that while it may not have been meant as rude, as she said, it's the internet, it's through text, and thus it's difficult to derive tone from what is written. I apologise if any of this bothers you, or makes you feel like you're being thought of negatively, but I'm really just trying to keep things as fair and clean as possible here. Things have been pretty strained already with the fighting previously noted, and the roleplay being closed has been discussed on more than one occasion due to player behaviour, not to mention personal life issues. That basically leaves me as playing roleplay moderator to keep an eye on things so nobody gets to upset or anything, because while I haven't posted in a while, I'm rather fond of the roleplay, and I'm sure most of the players here would like to keep it going as well.

EDIT: She ninja'd me -.-

Ahem... Req don't tell me to mellow out when it's not a big deal, Its not like I'm angry at you guys just irritated of having to apologize for how I word things, like I said If I have a problem you would know. Note that what she said would have came off as an attack toward me if she spoke it to me too, because of the way it was constructed.

That aside...
I would also like to start a discussion: In science fiction there are many ideas about military and when it comes to armor two ideas are provided light armor(agility and utility) and heavy armor(strength and protection). Some games depict huge armor such as in Warhammer 40k and Starcraft while others show lighter armor like in Metroid and Halo what do you guys feel about these designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.