Colony 361

• Thread starter sincere_and_silent
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem heavy armor poses is the question of if the vertical thrusters are powerful enough or not to lift it exatmos.

We could have both systems. The armor Zed wears is an example of very light armor. It has enough to stop a few rounds from a powerful balistic weapon, and very good defense against energy based weapons, but not for very long. It also is a completely sealed system, allowing him to go into the vacum of space for short amounts of time. (As long as his insulating holds up and he has an air supply.) But I can't argue that other much larger and bulkier systems couls exist, just aren't used for Marines (you know, the guys that fight on ships) due to the smaller interiors of spacecraft, but using such armor in large scale battles on the ground would no doubt be a fantastic thing.

I see no issue with massive suit of armor being able to hold themselves upright. Even withour thrusters. Making them sqaut enough, and having big eoung boots would allow for proper balance, and why use jet propulsion (looking at you starcraft!) when internal motors and hydrolics powered by a faiirly small powerplant would do the same thing with less mechanical problems and making it easier to mantain.

Oh, I thought we were talking about ship armor, other than shielding. Ablative plating, etc

Oh, I don't know. He brought up Warhammer as an example for heavy armor, and if you have never seen that shit, well... here.

1764839-post_90027_1205171981.jpg

That is why I thought we were talking about infrantry armor.

Potato cat, ever heard of the Warhammer game space hulk.

in the end I think it's entirely based on the enemy. In games with bulky armor, they are fighting giant organisms that make the tiger look like a mouse(Zerg in sc and tyranids In 40k). With lighter armor games it is usually against another race of equal or greater power

Warhammer's armor looks incredibly impractical. You'd have to be as big as it to lift it. I don't know why I though of ship armor. I must've been out of it. As it were, I'd say most space armor would be true bulletproof ceramic plating if not light alloy.

Actually it's said that in these games with huge armor that most of it is robotics, it's like a small mech in the end

It isn't incredibly impratical as it is both powered, and the people in it are genetically engineered super soldiers, that and as Kraz mentioned, these guys fight massive monsters, and entire armies with a handful of guys.

And yes, Space Hulk is tons of fun.

At this point of technology infrantry armor would probably be a mix of everything. Ceramics, alloys, and advanced kevlar.

Ninjaing SOB! And I thought that is whaty almost all super heavy armors do, and I thought that it was common knowledge that these massive suits of armor are powered with hyrdolics and motors and such, thus the name "Power armor " (no shit, right?).

Just had an interesting idea. Disintegrating cartridges. I don't think it is a new idea, but I still like it. After a round is fired, the casing disintegrates. We are moving that way with modern cannons with disposable catridges in tanks. It works differently but the idea is the same, not having to worry about the casing of the bullet after it has been fired.

Now, let's go back to talking about armor. XD

Even with armor that size it is still ineffective against a hydralisk when gen. Warfield got shot in the arm it had to be removed

Yeah, it isn't indestructable, but it can take more of a pounding than the bare body.

Anyway, Psioni military mostly uses thick armor, mainly because Psioni are limited physically and athletically by their exoskeletons.

(Sorry for double post )
Sincere if you don't mind we need to do a quick back and fourth in order to continue

Something that works equally well without taking up a lot of space is to collaborate in PM and make one post, it also makes it easier for people to keep up

Edit: It's a horrible post, but it's a post, so there

Last edited:
I know. Sorry. I'll have a post up tomorrow

Anyone mind if Spriisyn accidentally creates an infestation problem?

What do you mean by infestation problem? By the sounds of it Zed would not like that. (Doesn't mean you shouldn't do it though. ;D)

Due to living for 400 years and travelling for most of them, Spriisyn has been to many worlds and systems. To this extent, he has also eaten many things. While its not required, it greatly helps Spriisyn to eat something before being able to transform into it. When he has already eaten something and transforms into it, he can inherit its physical traits and characteristics for a brief time. To maintain transformations, Spriisyn can eat more food, not necessarily of his form, just energy to sustain the transformation. Spriisyn can split apart into smaller slimes, however, if he's forgetful, he can forget to collect their minds, making the slimes sentient and with little/no knowledge, and only the base instincts of what they transform into. The small slimes retain their transformation by consuming food, and the particular species they transform into is quite voracious. It'll be a situation where multiple predatory top carnivores are mixed with the Tarrins body composition, making them more resilient and able to scale walls. For a hint on what he turns into, it has more than four legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.