Cold Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed that a routine had developed between the two. When they went out, it was usually to some place Soma had wanted to go. He wondered if maybe Tatsuya just liked going places on his own, but said nothing. It was possible that this wasn't the case and he was just humoring the human, but he didn't think about it too much. The blonde paused at Tatsuya's question, a somewhat stricken look on his face. It was a bit unusual of him to ask such a thing. Even so, Soma flopped onto the couch beside him. "Something the matter?"

"No... I just," he paused, seeming to struggle with his next words. And then he shook his head before standing, offering a small smile before offering his hand. "Come with me." He was tired and it could easily be seen, so a good guess for Soma was that he was going to lead him to bed.

Soma said nothing as Tatsuya stood, his face blank as he looked up at him. He looked tired and the blonde figured it was about time to turn in. With a half smile he stood and followed him upstairs.

Once in the bedroom, he undressed only to slip in to his usual robe and then he laid down with Soma who had the chance to change if he so desired. He wrapped his arms around the human and held him closer than usual. He had only planned to sleep, but his scent was filling the vampire's nostrils. "Soma..." he called quietly. "May I...?" he asked. It was a vague question but he hoped he got the message.

Once in the room, Soma changed into his sleeping clothes: A simple dark pair of pants and a white and gray t-shirt. He plopped onto the bed next to Tatsuya, not bothered by being in his arms. He had actually gotten used to it; although, he seemed to be holding him closer than usual which only made Soma wonder if something was wrong. The blonde's mind went blank for a moment at the vampire's words, but realized, or he was sure he had, what he was asking. "Yes." Soma said quietly, almost in a whisper.

Last edited:
Tatsuya swept hair away from Soma's neck after he answered and positioned himself to take a bite. His teeth grazed over the human's neck for a brief second, like the vampire was hesitating, before he finally seemed to make his decision and bit into the flesh. He didn't give the other male any sort of high induction this time, wondering how well he would take the bite without it.

Soma took a deep breath, calming his nerves. He turned his head to face away, not just for ease of access but to pick an object or place in the room to focus on and take his mind off of it. Pain shot along his nerves as he sank his teeth into his neck and he gasped, his fingers twisting into the fabric of the sheets. His chest heaved, his body trying to work against his rational command. After a moment, Soma's eyes closed and his head fell back. He'd passed out.

Tatsuya's ears tuned into Soma's gasp, and his eyes narrowed as he spotted the human's fingers twisting in the sheets. He began to breathe heavily and then... all of a sudden, he had passed out. Tatsuya immediately pulled away and wiped the blood away, sitting up and putting his hands on either side of Soma's face.

"Soma," he called, voice deep and firm though there was some anxiousness in there. "Soma!" Ah, what had he done? Did he drink too much? He didn't think so, but... maybe it was the pain?

A minute or two passed that Soma was still, his expression calm. Then, his eyes opened and he blinked, his eyes shifting to look up at Tatsuya. At first he looked a tad confused, but confusion was quickly replaced with realization. "I.. fainted, didn't I?" The blonde asked, frowning. He wasn't really sure why he had fainted, but he knew he had simply from the worry on the vampire's face. "Sorry," His cheeks picked up the slightest hint of a pale pink, "I didn't mean to worry you."

Tatsuya was about to get up from the bed when Soma finally woke up. He let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding, his hands running through the human's hair. He asked if he had fainted, and then he apologized and Tatsuya looked at him curiously.

"No, you... you shouldn't be the one apologizing. I'm sorry. I won't do that again... it was the pain right? I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd pass out." He was rambling a bit but he couldn't help it. He still felt guilty.

"It's alright." Soma offered the man a reassuring smile. "It was only the second time; it'll just take getting used to." He said, trying assure Tatsuya that it wasn't a big deal. Then, he didn't want to seem as though he were making too light of his feelings on the situation. Without thought he raised his hands to gently clasp either side of Tatsuya's face, gazing directly into his eyes. "It's okay, really."

Tatsuya was only completely reassured when Soma suddenly took his face in his hands and said that it was really okay. He stared into those deep blue eyes for a few long moments before slowly leaning in and resting his forehead against the other's, closing his eyes and taking a couple of deep breaths. "Maybe it should be only every other day or so," he said, opening his eyes then.

It was quiet between the two for a few moments that felt like an instant and an eternity at the same time, the two staring into each others' eyes. Soma gave a meek smile as the vampire's forehead met his. "Perhaps that might be best for now." He said through a yawn. They were still in bed and he was becoming increasingly sleepy.

At that yawn, Tatsuya pulled away slowly and smiled, wrapping an arm back around the human's waist. "Let's go to sleep now," he suggested softly. They were both tired, and the vampire still lugged around some of the guilt but he didn't let it be known.

It was already morning when Soma awoke, sunlight bright in his face. He opened his eyes and blinked. It felt like he'd only been asleep for a few minutes if that. He frowned and rolled over, making no move to hurry out of bed for work. Instead, the human buried his head beneath a pillow to block out the sunlight so he could continue to sleep.

Tatsuya walked in the room a moment later, looking at the sleeping human in his bed. He moved to the man's side and kicked him gently with his foot.

"Soma," he said. "Get up. I want to show you something."

"Hm?" Soma woke with a start, the pillow falling from his face as he sat up. He looked up at Tatsuya, confused as to what in the world was more interesting than sleep at that moment. But he forced himself up to his feet and followed after him. "What could that be?" The blonde mused, stretching.

"You'll see." Tatsuya grinned and nodded his head towards the door. "C'mon, sleepyhead." He led Soma down the stairs and out to the other part of the house. Sliding the door open, he let Soma in first as it was a bit of a chilly morning. Then he led him upstairs of the building and there, sitting a bit deeper in the large, open room sat a grand piano. It was sleek black and smooth and exquisite in all its beauty, and it was readily tuned so it sounded just as beautiful as it looked.

Soma raised an eyebrow at Tatsuya's words. A surprise seemed a tad unusual somehow, especially out of the blue. Okay, so that's how surprises were meant to work, but they usually came with special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries. It was nowhere near Soma's birthday yet and there weren't any anniversaries to celebrate that he could think of. He followed him a bit precariously to the other part of the house and upstairs to where there sat a grand piano. Soma stopped dead in his tracks at the sight of it, blinking hard as if to make sure it were really there. He looked at Tatsuya with a stricken expression, his eyes as wide as they would go. "I-I don't.." He started and took a step towards it, reaching out to touch its sleek black surface and ivory keys. He tapped a key that made almost a jingling note that visibly sent a shiver down the blonde's spine. "I don't understand.... why would... something so.." Every time Soma opened his mouth to speak, he could get only one or two words out before the words left him. Words that crossed his mind were expensive and beautiful. He turned to stare at the vampire with glassy eyes. "I.. don't know what to say.."

Tatsuya watched Soma's reaction with a smile cracking his lips. Seeing the man so surprised and so happy, so speechless... it made the vampire's chest swell with warmth and happiness. He walked to Soma when he said he didn't know what to say and he leaned down, placing a chaste kiss on his forehead. "You don't have to say anything. Just play," he smiled widely and gestured to the beautiful instrument waiting to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.