Cold Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma wasn't sure how far he'd walked or where exactly he walked to. He had walked for some time with purpose, his fists tight at his sides, before his pace slowed and he more or less sauntered the rest of the way until he had to sit down. He sat on a grassy hill away from the road, staring up into the sky and watching the clouds float by with cloudy eyes. "Why do I feel like such a jerk?" The blonde flopped back in the cool grass and closed his eyes. He felt horrible, there was a feeling weighing on his shoulders that he'd never experienced in such a situation before. Was it.. guilt? He never felt guilty walking out on that man, and they fought much worse than this on almost a daily basis. Soma shook his head angrily; he was comparing them again. It wasn't fair to compare them; Tatsuya wasn't like him. It wasn't until almost sundown that Soma left the spot on the hill and started his walk back. When he returned, it was black outside, not even a sliver of a moon for light. He was quiet as he entered and made his way to the other room to occupy a couch where he went to sleep.

Tatsuya didn't quite know how he did it, but he managed to stare up at the ceiling until dusk settled. He heard the door open and close even if Soma entered quietly and he sat up from bed, looking towards his door as he debated whether or not he should go down there. No, it was probably better for them to sleep this off and talk about it in the morning... right?

He laid back down in his bed, closing his eyes a moment after. Soma had at least come back... he hadn't completely disappeared off of the face of the earth. That was enough comfort to put his mind at ease as he slowly succumbed to sleep.

It was a hard, mostly sleepless night for Soma. It was difficult to get to sleep on account of his mind whirling, and when he did manage to sleep, he would only sleep for so long before he got stir crazy and woke up again. In the end, he woke with the sun as he usually did, the areas under his eyes dark. He forced himself from the sofa and went to the kitchen. He sat at the table for a while before he made a move to eat anything. He didn't eat much; his appetite was very little, but his growling stomach was getting annoying. Finally, he sat down at his keyboard and laid back on the floor, listening to the recordings of his pieces.

Tatsuya woke up fairly groggy. He slept... well, it was hard to explain. He never woke up and hardly stirred, but somehow the sleep had only made him feel more empty and he realized that maybe going to bed before resolving anything was the wrong move. So, without wanting to lay any more damage on either of them, he made his way downstairs and to Soma where he saw him listening to the recordings of his pieces. He cleared his throat as a way to announce his presence before taking a few steps closer.

"Hey..." he said, tone softer than it had been in the last couple of weeks. He wanted to show Soma that it wasn't him that was putting Tatsuya into a bad mood, and that he regretted what had happened last night.

Hearing Tatsuya clear his throat, Soma sat up. He blinked as if he was surprised to see him and reached to turn the keyboard off. "Hey." He practically whispered, not making eye contact with him. He still felt guilty and didn't quite know what to say or how to say it. It had been a pointless spat, really, nothing worth his behavior the previous night. But how could he say that? After a moment, the blonde stood and took a few steps toward Tatsuya, their eyes meeting. "I understand, now. I should have guessed sooner, but I was too naive to see it. What you were doing. I acted like a child and you didn't deserve that. I-I'm sorry..." Soma said, swallowing the knot that ached in his throat. Why was he feeling so.. emotional?

Tatsuya felt bad himself, especially when it seemed Soma couldn't look him in the eyes. He never meant for his emotions to ever get like this with the human, but... what happened, happened. And there was no turning back. You just had to apologize, and mean it.

He opened his lips to speak but Soma was already taking a few steps towards him, their eyes finally meeting now. He was apologizing for not seeing what Tatsuya was doing, or trying to do. The vampire's features softened and he smiled slightly. "I'm sorry, too. I never meant to snap at you or anything, or have my irritability make you feel uncomfortable. Everything was going fine and then I just kind of ruined it." He sighed, leaning against the wall.

"I just... you were right - one reason I did buy you was because I wanted to drink from you. But whenever the thought crossed my mind, I just couldn't do it. Not to you."

"I know," Soma's expression softened, "And I shouldn't have let my temper get the better of me like I did. I got so used to just leaving then, instead of sticking around to fuel the fire. Fresh air always helped clear my head." He ran his fingers through his hair. He hoped Tatsuya understood that he hadn't intended to leave, or at least to stay gone. He couldn't live with himself if he left and didn't fix things. "Nothing's ruined. It's unfortunate, but these things happen." Soma smiled a bit. "But if you need to... You need to. I did agree to it, after all."

Tatsuya nodded in understanding. At least Soma was active in trying to fix things where as the vampire had just gotten angry and laid himself in bed. That was just his own way of dealing with certain things, though. Something did spark in him when Soma mentioned that he got used to leaving, but he knew he should only bring that up at a more appropriate time.

He smiled when he was told that nothing was ruined, though his eyebrows rose as the human hinted that if he needed to feed, he could. "Wait, so... you'd really be willing to let me feed on you?" he asked, looking at the other male. He would be lying if he said he hadn't been restraining himself at the tempting scent of his blood.

"In short, yes." Soma smiled, a soft smile that didn't appear too often. "Don't look so surprised. It is the way of things..." The blonde laughed a little at Tatsuya's expression, shrugging his shoulders in a manner that was more accepting than nonchalant. He had a wisdom about him at times, something he picked up as a child. He stole a glance at the photo on his keyboard. "It can't be avoided forever."

Tatsuya felt a bit better at that and he nodded. He paused for a moment before slowly closing the space between them, his large hands coming up to gently cup Soma's cheeks. His eyes were kind and sweet, holding an emotion he never showed Soma before. "If you don't like it, I can try inducing you with... well... with a high, so you won't feel pain. Or you can just never allow me to do this again," he informed softly. With confirmation that it was okay, Tatsuya moved one hand down to Soma's wrist, holding onto it lightly as the other traveled to the back of his head to support it if it lolled back. Then he leaned in and took a moment to indulge in the human's sweet scent before biting into his neck, almost moaning at the taste of fresh human blood he hadn't experienced in so long.

Soma's eyes widened a bit as the short distance between Tatsuya and himself closed. He looked up into his eyes; they held something that the blonde hadn't seen in them before. A sort of compassion, maybe? He didn't think on it for long, taking a breath to steel himself. With a silent nod he gave Tatsuya the okay, drawing in a sharp breath as he bit into his neck. His breathing steadied quickly and his eyes closed as he managed to relax. It wasn't as bad as it was made out to be, but it would still take getting used to.

Tatsuya had expected the sharp breath - any sort of wince, really - but he didn't stop. He continued to drink from Soma, the gratification from drinking after so long making him want to just drink forever. But he knew he couldn't do that. He couldn't kill Soma, and after years of practice and experience, he was able to hold back and only drink until he was no longer hungry.

He managed to give Soma a hint of a high, too. He hadn't said he wanted it, but it was Tatsuya's own way of... thanking him, he guessed. When he was finished a minute or two later, he licked the human's new wound before pulling back and wiping the blood from his chin, looking at Soma to see if he was okay. He might have just drank enough to make the human a bit dizzy, but nothing more than that unless he felt the high.

As Tatsuya finished, Soma took a stumbling step back. His head felt light and he put his hands on either side of his head to stop the spinning sensation that came with it. He stood still like that for a long minute before finally shaking it off. Other than that, he felt fine. "Well, that wasn't so bad." He said with a tad of relief in his voice. That wasn't to say he had expected it to be horrible; he hadn't known what to expect. It was his first experience being bitten. "Are you feeling better, then?"

"Excellent," Tatsuya said as soon as Soma said he was fine. He smiled a bit when he was asked if he was feeling better as well. "Much better. Really, Soma, thank you," he said with a dip of his head. He didn't know what to fill the silence with for a few moments before the light outside gradually changed. "Ah, do you work today as well?" he asked as he moved more into the living room, careful about not stepping on any of Soma's things.

"Sure." Soma said happily. Balance had been restored and that feeling alone was enough to lift the blonde's spirits. A calm silence filled the room for a moment, beams of pale sunlight shining through the windows. At the mention of work, Soma stuck his tongue out. "Blegh. No, it's my day off. And even if it wasn't, I'm not sure I would go in today." He rolled his eyes. Soma wasn't one for skipping work, but it felt lately like it was all he did.

"Oh... well that's nice, I suppose," Tatsuya commented with a smile. "Would you like to do anything today then? I can make breakfast or we can go into town and eat... maybe go shopping. Whatever you'd like." He wanted to treat Soma and he didn't necessarily know why.

"Hm... Well, there is a couple of places that I haven't been to in a while that you might like." Soma suggested. They were places he used to spend his days off at when he didn't spend them at his keyboard. He said nothing of shopping; he had no idea what he would shop for.

"Yeah?" Tatsuya asked, raising a brow. "And what might they be?" He knew they were restaurants of some sort, or at least he guessed what they were. He didn't have a doubt that he'd enjoy them though. He and Soma had similar taste in a lot of things, believe it or not.

"Well, one is a restaurant - food from all around the world. Anything you could ever think of is on their menu, and if it's not, they have a place where you can go pick out the ingredients and they'll make it for you. I always liked to look at the things they display on the walls; they've got so much history. I'm not telling you the other one; it's kind of a surprise. You'll just have to trust me." Soma gave a misleadingly mischievous grin. He was certain Tatsuya would like it.

"Sounds promising," he grinned, looking at Soma. "And a surprise? Well... I guess I really do just have to trust you." He started moving back to his bedroom then. "I'm going to take a shower and get ready. Feel free to do the same, and then we can go out."

Status
Not open for further replies.