Code Heart

"Yeah! I never realized a mage would so useful! You're doing more damage than me with those spells... And I gotta admit you look pretty badass throwing lighting and stuff around!"
Minima complimented their mage, she was always throwing around compliments to people who impressed her, which wasn't many, she said nothing to their healer, mostly because she hadn't really been paying attention to him.

"W..wahh?! Thank you! I actually picked mage because I thought it would look cool...
Eclair admitted, both pleased and embarrassed about the sudden compliments, she got quite a few for accomplishing basic tasks in the real world but these ones were actually real.
The mage girl hung back as she was asked and prepared to start casting, she had a couple of new spells to test out that she never really had the chance to use before, since most of them were useless in a short battle...

As they entered the massive chamber filled with rusty 'treasure' and overgrown with vines, dozens of torches spread around began to light up, revealing the huge Lorica chieftain with his massive spiked club which resembled a tree with rods of sharpened metal sticking out... Mostly because it was.
As soon as they entered the doors closed and the monster charged forwards.
Minima dashed to the side to prepare for her heavy attacks once Lunar had the boss's attention.
Eclair flinched at the approaching boss but didn't attack, waiting for Lunar to draw it's aggro first.

Lunar pulled the boss taking all of it's damage he kept his stance as the others, started doing their attacks his eyes not going of the prize. His health bar stayed quite healthy due to the efforts of the priest. He popped of two of his defensive skills keeping the boss on lock down so that it could not move or stray from it's position, He then used thunder stomp a stunning move it would not stun the boss but it instead would make him slower and less able to move.

"Now!!!! I have him on lock , while he has his attention on me get to work on getting the health bar down so that we can get his second phase rolling"

"Yes all right" Jack said as he moved next to the little mage and cast his own damage spells and sent holy light going towards the boss each of the holy needles hitting the boss in it's weak spots trying to help do his part in damage. He looked at Minima and used an attack buff on her " I hope that helps " he said to his giant warrior team mate.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
As soon as it's attention was elsewhere Eclair began casting her spells, the first one she used was a flame weapon enchant of Minima, quickly followed by an ice-shard that impacted and shattered on the enemy boss.
She then took a moment break to let her aggro bar go down, quick casting could make it fill up quickly and even draw more attention than their tank! Which for a squishy mage like her was practically suicide.

Minima however could not care less about aggro, not only did her passive ability 'fearsome' give her reduced aggro growth, but she knew she could take a few hits with her high HP.
The two buffs she received just made her even more dangerous than normal.
"Thanks you two! This is gonna hurt like hell!"
She shouted at the enemy, charging forwards rapidly.
"Stone Splitter!"
She shouted, her axe glowing for a moment as it hit the enemy and caused it's shoddy armor to fall away.

Lunar moved and the monsters heavy weapon fell to the ground as it's first health bar disappeared , four more to go the paladin noted. He hit the monster a few times to keep the aggro on him , and as the monster turned it''s attention to him once again he smiled and let out another taunt which enraged the monster, as it started using two smaller and lighter weapons. And they started to crash down on his shield in a flurry , aiming to break down the paladin's defence and break down the parties first line defence.

The healer raised his staff once he saw an opportunity and let out more holy attacks, the spears of light piercing the boss'es flesh and the hp bar started to go down. He looked at the berserker, and started enhancing another attacking buff for her and the mage next to him as they were the main damage dealers in the group. After a few seconds he popped of Holy Sanction which doubled the damage done by critical strikes by the damage dealers. He lowered his staff as his mana ran out and started to take down some potions.

Minima continued trying to hit the boss, though it was harder with the increased speed and she missed a few swings, breaking her stride as she tried to build up momentum once again.
The main problem was her stamina, she had to constantly dash around to hit the thing, and then she had to wait for stamina to build up for her specials...
Still, when it focused fully on Lunar she got a few hits in, the shattering sound of a critical hot ringing out as she made contact with the enemy.

Eclair was keeping a careful eye on her mana reserves, her race had huge reserves... But no natural recharge, she needed a way shrine, safe zone, town or mana well... Though of course potions and mana charge spells worked.
Seeing she had a little over half left she switched to minor spells, small firebolts and ice shards.

The monster finally broke down the shield that Lunar was holding up, the paladin knew this would eventually happen , he swapped to just his sword, and let out another stomp, to keep aggro on him but this time he charged in and got a few hits on the beast slashing at the arms and legs. The beast was now down to it's second last health bar and it's pace kept getting faster and aimed most of it's attacks onto the paladin. Lunar was lucky he had such heavy armour other wise he would of been dead by now. He smiled as he took damage but , he looked at Minima. "Now while I have all is attention, use all the dps you guys can , and we can take him down. I won't be able to hold for long."

The priest looked at the paladin and kept his staff raised using every attack that the priest could , being a priest they had very limited attack skills. They were mostly their for healing and buffing up the party. He let out a few more holy needles one after the other. The health of the boss was starting to near it's last health bar.

Minima saw the pounding that their tank was taking and decided it was time to share the burden... The ability that took 10% of the damage Kunar took and transferred it to Minima, that added to the strength boost she got from damage and her next strike was even harder as she judged the enemy's path, and activated whirlwind, getting several hits with the aoe as the boss moved through and taking a satisfying chunk from the enemy's HP.

Seeing that they could possibly finish the fight, Eclair activated a racial unique, Mana Valve, for a quarter of her total mana reserve she summoned a massively powerful AOE and dropped it on the boss.
"Out of the way guys! This has friendly splash damage!"
She warned.

The tank moved out of the way quickly and watched as the boss was hit by the massive AOE attack. It's health was dropping since it had almost no armour left. Once the spell finsihed the boss was still standing and the Paladin let out the a sigh. He used his aggro pulling moves to get it's attention but it was not working. The boss started going to enrage it's body turning red he looked over to the mage as the boss started going for her. "RUN NOW!!!!" he said to the mage , if she died the party would start falling of one by one.

The priest charged in to stop the boss and was only able to hold him back momentarily until his avatar was thrown out of the way of the boss. The creature still running towards the mage charging up it's attack as it neared her, bringing his two weapons down on her.

Eclair decided that the battle was over and dropped her defense, after all, it's last health bar was gone... However, just as she started to drink a mana potion to recover some of her reserves, the enemy acquired a very small health bar and charged. Normally she would be able to finish it with an attack, or at least dodge... But even though potions didn't force you into an animation in this game, the stronger ones still made you unable to act for a minute afterwards...
"H.. Help!"
She cried out as it neared her.

Minima did not lower her guard as the others did, she had seen this boss in other games... And it had always had a hidden berserk mode when it took too much damage too quickly... She could probably solo it in that mode with it's tiny health bar... Though she doubted it would actually trigger the one on a hundred chance.
She was proven wrong moments later as it charged their mage, who didn't appear able to move...
However, she definitely could!"
Dashing forwards, Minima grabbed Eclair and dove out of the way of the monster, swinging her axe one handed she decapitated it with ease... This final mode was just to catch injured exhausted people off guard after all and not fight a skilled opponent.

As the monster fell it exploded into a shower of loot, EXP and special effects, producing a glittering light show where it died.
Eclair thought she might both die of embarrassment, and ascend to a higher plane of existence with how perfect that moment felt...

Lunar let out a sigh as the window popped up saying the boss was slain, and the gear drop and gold window popped up. He looked through it, He let out a smile "Are you ok short stuff ?" he said asking their little mage girl while flicking through , the menu and looking at the rewards, it dropped a few armour pieces two plate armour and some cloth but only one weapon, a staff for mages. "Saved by our little giant princess but also a new staff , isn't it your lucky day " he said with a smile as he closed the window.

"So we finished the boss and are on our way to the next town, but before we go I want to say something" he said looking at Minima "See it was just me and Minima for a while even before this game, and we never really belonged to big groups only playing with each other really, but you two are pretty good and seem to work with us pretty well, so i think we should form a small guild and have it just be us four" he said with a smile while looking at Minima waiting for her response.

The priest got up and sighed and looked over to the two girls "Are you two all right" he said scratching his head "I am sorry i could not stop it, but i was caught of guard." the priest said scratching his head, but when the paladin started talking, he let out a smile as he received his piece of gear but when he started talking about forming a guild the, priest got happy, he enjoyed being with these three and , he knew he would be able to grow with the three of them.

Eclair almost didn't notice the loot window as she was a little stunned and entranced by her hero... Though after a minute Minima put her down and she looked it over.
"I..Yeah, I'm fine thank to Minima".
She answered, selecting the staff and activating test mode, the staff appeared in her hands and she looked it over.
"This staff is amazing! I speeds up my spell cool downs... And it's even a race locked item!"
She seemed very excited about the new weapon and swung it a few times to test the weight.
The offer caught her a little off guard, but there was no way Minima was going to refuse to join a guild after trying for the whole crises!"
"I... I would love to join your guild!"
She declared with but a moment's hesitation.

Minima herself took a minute more than she would have liked to put their mage down, despite her race being a bunch of living dolls, she was surprisingly soft, and even smelt nice, though of course, that was just the scents generated by the game for her.
When she finally put her down Minima looked at the plate armor in disappointment.
"Priest, did you take the heavy armor perk?"
she asked, having not selected it herself yet.
Minima very much like the idea of a party.
"Hell yeah! Like I am gonna say no to having a healer and a mage backing us up... They are a critical part of any party!"

The bigger paladin just smiled "Well I guess it is settled then , now maybe we can finally move through the dungeons and areas much quicker." he said as he sat down letting out a sigh "Hey short stuff " he said to his friend "Your naming the guild, I am to lazy to think of a proper name" he said as he just sat there looking at the giant weapon wielding girl. "And please don't give us a stupid name like you always do" he said referring to past games when she would name the groups or guilds they were in.

"So after this we move onto the next area , which will apparently go until level 30 , so i am guessing we will be there for quite a while." he said in a slight frustration he hated the lower level content , he really only thrived in the high level content.

The priest sighed and looked on as everyone was talking he walked closer to everyone "If it is all right with you can we go back to the starter town before we leave , I just need to hand in a few quests that I forgot about" he said as king the group, hoping they would not leave him behind.

Minima at first was pleased at once again being chosen to make the guild name, she always did and was actually going to ask if she could.
However that quickly transformed into one of her trademark pouts, how dare he call her guild names stupid!
"Hey! The Titanic Giants was an awesome name!"
She stated the name of their last guild.
"Hmm... I'll think up a name later!"
She declared, a bit too wound up to think clearly after that battle.

Eclair nodded in agreement with their priest, she had quite a few fetch quests to hand in herself.
"Good idea... I also need to replenish my mana, umm, as long as you tow don't have any arguments?"
Minima turned to to the others.

"I have no problem with that!"
Minima told them as she felt her virtual stomach rumble, despite her size she still had the appetite of a giant, and had to eat a lot... Though honestly that was the same as ever for her as even IRL she ate seemingly nonstop.

The paladin sat their for a while waiting for them all to teleport away to the town and so did he. He met them there and looked down on his little friend.
"Hey while you guys go do your thing I am gonna go meet up with that girl I have been talking to, so come get me when you are all done" he said with a smirk. While patting Minima.
"Ohh and please choose a good guild name otherwise I will beat you up" he said joking while walking away.

The priest took a deep sigh and looked down at his new friends and specifically the mage and gave her a smile.
"Wanna go hand in our quests quickly, and then maybe when can go?" he said asking them

Minima was second last to teleport, she still wasn't used to the new menu this game used, still she figured it out in the end and made it back to town.
Once there she was quite annoyed by her friend's patting of her head but before she could complain he did something even more annoying with his joke of beating her up... Even as a joke there was no way he could out DPS her, though admittedly his higher defense might tip the scale even with her armor breaking skill.
"Fine... Go hang out with your girlfriend or whatever, I'll chill with these two".
She told him.

Eclair looked away from staring at her recent savior and nodded in agreement with the priest's suggestion.
"Yeah, that sounds good... I have a lot to redeem...".
She admitted, in fact if he used the party feature to check ally quests he would see nearly two dozen quests including a tutorial one that she had not yet handed in.

The paladin smirked laughed as he was walking away waving as he walked away.

The priest spent quite a few hours with the two females he actually went up another level with all the quests that he had to hand in. He looked at the party screen and it seemed he was at the same level as his party leaders "At least I won't hold wont lag behind now" he said under his own breath.

It was a few hours and he got back from meeting his girlfriend who had her own team and group going. It seemed like they were to head to the boss room right now so he spent quite a few hours going through strategies with them.

"Well well which three losers do i see here" he said with a smirk as he patted the head of his friend. "So are we ready to go on a new adventure you three"

Eclair went up several levels, as well as finally unlocking the map tab in her menu and her unique racial starter item, the dolls battery.
Which allowed her to store extra mana.
"Wow! so That's what everyone meant when they were talking about maps!"
The mage girl declared as her character model held a map out.
"This coulda been useful when I was stuck in that forest for a week..."

Mimia didn't have any quests to turn in and just followed them around, as well as having a quick look around the stalls and merchants.
"Eclair... I think if you didn't even turn in basic tutorial quests we may have to remind you every now and then".
She commented.