*Closed* Royal and Not *Lady AlainXShadow Assassin*

• Thread starter DJae Writer Chick
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by sele to join our community. Please click here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shrugged. "I don't know." I said, rubbing my eye sleepily. I leaned against the wall again, covering my face to keep from yawning again, which made me giggle. I leaned forwards, resting my head on my knees. "Mph." I muttered softly.

Suddenly, I felt bold. Tired and bold are never a good combination. Getting to my feet, I shuffled over to Ellie and gently scooped her up in my arms. If she wasn't going to make the call, I'd make it for her. "You're taking the bed," I told her, a half-smile on my face as I looked down at her sleepy eyes. "No complaints." Cradling her like a child, I shuffled back over to my bed and laid her down upon it.

I huffed, frowning slightly. "Noooo." I said, grabbing his arm and not letting go. "It's your bed." I said, yawning softly again and resting my head against his hand, my arms wrapped tightly around it. I would fight him if I had to, but he was going to get the bed, one way or another.
I was very stubborn when I made up my mind, and my mind was made up.

"I said, no-" my sentence broke off as she clung to me. I wasn't expecting her to pull like that. Before I could catch myself, my arms were landing on either side of her and my face was dangerously close. Too close. I could smell her. It was intoxicating. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath to try to calm my throbbing heart. Blood pulsed in my ears and probably flooded my cheeks with a blush. I had to back away! But I couldn't, she had wrapped herself around my arm. I licked my lips.

"Ellie?"

I nuzzled his arm softly, my eyes closed, half my face hidden behind his arm. "Either you sleep on the bed, or I sleep with you in the bed." I mumbled quietly, already half-asleep as I spoke. I yawned again, sighing softly as I did so.

Sleep with her, did she say? I swallowed hard as her face nuzzled against my arm. Either I had already fallen asleep and this was some fanciful concoction of my head, or Ellie was so tired she'd lost her senses. If this was a dream, I knew what I wanted to do next. What I'd secretly been wanting since the first time Ellie touched me. The realization hit me like a blow. I couldn't! Not Ellie! She was the princess and I was the outcast. But I'd die first before making the princess, or any woman for that matter, sleep on the floor when I had a bed to offer her. My eyes opened-- had they been closed this whole time? --and traced her half-hidden face so close to mine.

Slowly, my free arm moved to cup her face in my hand, my thumb gently stroking her cheek. "As if I could sleep, knowing you were on the floor," I whispered. Dare I? Yes. Heart hammering in my chest, I lent the final distance and brushed her lips with my own.

I felt my eyes close and my arms felt heavy around his. I wondered if I could really stay awake much longer. I didn't understand why I was so tired! Maybe it was my crazy schedule these past days, so used to having an exact sleeping schedule, I just kinda slept whenever lately. Maybe that was it...

I was surprised to find his lips pressed against my own! I paused a moment, my eyes flickering open in surprise, but my heart seemed to skip a beat. I hugged his arm tighter, gently kissing him back a moment, my eyes closing and my cheeks turning a bright red as I blushed. I felt a little spark in the back of my mind, as if it was all going to be okay now.

Ending the kiss as quickly as I'd instigated it, I pulled back a bit and smiled at Ellie's blushing cheeks. I was sure my own were quite red, too. Moving her closer to the edge of the bed next to the wall, I crawled onto the bed next to her. The arm she clung to wrapped securely around her body. My other arm I tucked under my head to act as a pillow. This whole scenario was still such a blur in my head, especially with fatigue factored in, that I wasn't quite aware of exactly what I was doing.

Moving in close to avoid rolling off the cot, I bent in and whispered, "Sweet dreams, Ellie," before I closed my own eyes and tried not to be too distracted. I needn't have worried. Another yawn, and I was fast asleep.

I smiled softly as he laid down. I felt his arm wrap around me and my eyes closed, my breathing slowed, and I drifted into a deep, much relaxed, sleep. My sword was left by the door and my head was tucked gently against his chest as I slept happily, my dreams nothing much than random creations of my mind.

The general walked around calmly. He didn't worry about Ellie, he was more worried about who was in town know, and who knew what was up.

I woke up a little while later, feeling refreshed and happy for the first time in a long time. Ellie was still snuggled in my arms, which kept my heartbeat pounding. I held her tighter, tucking her head under my chin to kiss the top of her hair. I wanted to cherish this feeling as long as I could, the feeling of holding someone. Of caring for them. Of loving them. I was sure once Ellie woke up, she'd be in her right mind again and shut the door between us. I didn't blame her for it, it's what everyone did in my life. But on the slight chance that she'd meant that kiss, that she really did care... there was no way I'd pass up the opportunity to cherish such a woman.

I felt my head being shifted, but I didn't really want to wake up yet. I lay still, half-asleep for another hour or so before I yawned, stretching slightly. I realized I was laying next to someone and stiffened for a moment.
The memories of what happened the night before ran through my mind. My face heated and my eyes opened, my heart beating slightly faster. I blinked, then relaxed, giggling softly as I yawned. I hugged Jabez, nuzzling his chest. I finally felt like everything was just right. Nothing bugged the back of my mind anymore, nothing picked at my nerves, pushed my buttons until I just wanted to cry or fight something...it just felt calm.

I awoke for the second time to Ellie shifting around in my arms. She hadn't let go of me yet. If she was awake, she was still floating on the cloud like I was. And if she wasn't sleeping, we really needed to figure out what the heck was going on between us. That kiss... I coloured at the memory. I couldn't believe I'd had the guts to do that. But I really wanted to do it again... "You awake, Ellie?" I asked cautiously.

I nodded. "Mhm." I mumbled softly, my face still nuzzled up against his chest. He was warm. It was darker in the room than I remembered when I fell asleep... "It's almost sunset." I said with a soft giggle. "We slept all afternoon." I felt more relaxed than I could remember. Nothing to worry about. No attacks, no training, no crazy schedules... I smiled happily.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Is that why I feel so rested?" I chuckled. "Holding a pretty girl beats working the bellows any day." I bit my lip as soon as the words slipped out. I couldn't believe I just said that. I sat up as much as I could with Ellie still snuggled in and gently pulled my arm from her grasp. "We should get up..." I said hesitantly.

I smiled softly as he spoke. When he sat up, I fell back on the bed with a small giggle and stretched. "Why..." I asked, looking up at him with an almost worried expression. Was something wrong? Did I do something wrong?? I tilted my head slightly after a second, curious. Did he really want to get up, or was he testing me?
I began to wonder if I was misreading everything... In my mind, my brain began fighting, reason versus feeling and observation. I sighed inwardly, but my expression never changed outwardly.

I swung my legs to set my feet on the floor and rest my elbows on my knees. Gingerly, I rubbed my eyes with my thumbs. I was so nervous to bring it up, but I knew it needed to be before I went mad with wondering.

"What...what happened earlier. The kiss." I sucked in my breath and worked to steady my voice. "I'm... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have... shouldn't have..." I just couldn't get the words to come, so I stopped there.

I sat up beside him, glancing over at the closed door, my sword, then him. I wondered where the General was. Sighing softly, I hugged him before letting go. "I..." I paused. How should I say this? "I meant it... With everything in me... " I looked at the ground. Should I continue?
The general would probably want to leave in the morning or the day after... Then what?

"You... meant it?" Hope sprang anew in my chest, but also confusion. I couldn't understand why she would choose me of all people. Why me? Why the outcast? I shifted to face her and slid my hand over her cheek to turn her face towards me. My heart thundered so loudly I knew she must hear it as well. I bit my lip and looked down at the hand still in my lap before raising my eyes to hers again. "If that's... If this is really what you feel... May I kiss you again?"

I nodded slightly as he spoke. Smiling faintly at his second question, I answered in a soft voice, my cheeks dusted with a light pink. "Yeah.." I almost giggled, but I didn't.

Wrapping my arms around her, I set my lips on her own without another moment of hesitation. A feeling of contentment settled on me as I held her. I felt like I belonged.

Status
Not open for further replies.