Clockwork Pirates (Spots available/Open ^^)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
That sounds really intense. Freaking awesome. Yet intense. I'm excited.
I still have no idea how we're going to stumble...AHHH NVM I know what to do! Oh boy this is some good plot development...but before we get into the intense part of the story we need to have a little socialization between the characters. Maybe a mission solely focusing on one character? Like our first task would be to get you back from the pirates? (you know if you want to go first that is ^^).

Yeah I don't mind! Well, it was pretty common for doctors to be forced into service onto pirate ships and stolen by other crews in battle. So, I may get kidnapped at some point. Haha
This sort of happened to Matias, too. (Traditionally, I believe some navigators were captured from navy/merchant ships and forced to serve.)

Yay, people with marketable skills.

Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
This sort of happened to Matias, too.

Yay, people with marketable skills.
Speaking which, Lane do you have any ideas on how you want your 'mission' to be?

Okay, when is this set, exactly? Matias is Irish and I was counting on it adding a bit of tension to his backstory (despite his parents having been in the royal military) but I suppose I should ask for a better idea of the time-period.

Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Okay, when is this set, exactly? Matias is Irish and I was counting on it adding a bit of tension to his backstory (despite his parents having been in the royal military) but I suppose I should ask for a better idea of the time-period.
Oh gosh is probably going to be a the time when the Scottish Independence took place but obviously with a different background and outcomes what with all the tech now available for war. (Had to google the name up - -")

Did you mean Irish?

'Cause the Irish war of Independence was 1919-1921(2). If it's during that war, I need to really revamp Matias because his family wouldn't have even been allowed in the country.

Did you mean Irish?

'Cause the Irish war of Independence was 1919-1921. If it's during that war, I need to really revamp Matias because his family wouldn't have even been allowed in the country.
Theres apparently an Irish and Scottish independence against England (just googled that up to).

I just...the only wars for Scottish independence I can think of were in like...the 14th century.

I'm confused.

The Victorian Era was roughly 1830-1900... I'm lost.

Help.

I just...the only wars for Scottish independence I can think of were in like...the 14th century.

I'm confused.
I hope you don't mind me rewriting history a bit and make it so that the Irish and the Scottish are working together against England (the British having the french to back them up). All will be set in a steam punk/Victorian setting. If this is a pet peeve for anyone let me know and I'll try to think of something else ^^"

I'm confused.

The Victorian Era was roughly 1830-1900... I'm lost.

Help.
Fairly certain this is a pretty heavily Alternate Universe earth thing. Which is cool, In my opinion~

I hope you don't mind me rewriting history a bit and make it so that the Irish and the Scottish are working together against England (the British having the french to back them up). All will be set in a steam punk/Victorian setting. If this is a pet peeve for anyone let me know and I'll try to think of something else ^^"
Yeah, that

No, I just... Wish I would've known that before I wrote out Mat's history. I'll make some changes to it -- but I would add this info to the OP so people have a idea of what's going on. ^^'

Fairly certain this is a pretty heavily Alternate Universe earth thing. Which is cool, In my opinion~

Yeah, that
Ah yes to the pet peeve thing? apologies then ^^;

Yes, this will be a relatively alternate universe set on Earth and will perhaps have important historical characters altered or just replaced altogether. (mostly the royal families however).

No, I just... Wish I would've known that before I wrote out Mat's history. I'll make some changes to it -- but I would add this info to the OP so people have a idea of what's going on. ^^'
Sorry! Yea I should probably go ahead and do that...I'm kind of just adding to the story as we go so not everything might be written down on stone yet ^^;

Yes, this will be a relatively alternate universe set on Earth and will perhaps have important historical characters altered or just replaced altogether. (mostly the royal families however).
Ah no, no, I love Alternate universes.

I was saying 'yeah that' to Lane and stuff. Sorry for the confusion xP

I just made assumptions with "set in Victorian England of the real world EXCEPT of course everything is more technologically advanced mixed in with a steampunk quality." I guess I got too stuck on the "real world" thing. ><

It's fine -- I just need to change Mat's history around. I would include all of that in the OP, though - just so people know that the setting is actually an AU!Earth with altered history.

I'm fine with AU settings, also. I honestly prefer them -- just as long as I know the details.

Sorry, not trying to be salty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah no, no, I love Alternate universes.

I was saying 'yeah that' to Lane and stuff. Sorry for the confusion xP
No prob ^^ Its actually my first time experimenting with this type of historical re-writing thing, so please bare with me ^^"

It's just that not knowing much about the world other than "set in our world" is too vague when I was trying to write in historical context. There's nothing about the setting/world there, so...yeah.

It's fine -- I just need to change some things. I would just include all of that in the OP - just so people know that the setting is actually an AU!Earth with altered history.

I'm fine with AU settings, also. I tend to prefer them -- but I guess I just assumed (since it wasn't noted) that history was roughly the same... Sort of what I meant when I asked if there was anything important about the world that we needed to know before doing character histories.

Sorry, not trying to be salty.
Nah its alright! That's a lesson I'll take with me when I'm making another RP :) I'll have something written up later then. (unless someone wants to just write up while I'm go be lazy in the corner ;p need to finish up some charas - -")