City of the Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ari finished strapping on the rest of her gear when Kassandra asked her if she was going to stick around. Was she? She didnt know. Could she trust these people? Trust was something hard to come by these days. Knives were always pointed torward backs, pistols aimed at heads. This girl was pregnant, and an unfamiliar stab of symphathy ran through Ari.

She sighed and leaned her back against the wall, and she winced inwardly. She didnt really have a choice. Not only was it raining cats and dogs, but she was wounded. One step outside and she'd be a complete gonner. Ari turned her head to watch the rain slap against the window pane. The sound was soft, and almost comforting.

With great reluctance, hidden well with the biggest half smile she could muster, she nodded and unstrapped her belt with her Kaps and dagger.

"It was never like me to leave when opportunity struck me in the face. The more people, the more chance we have of surviving this until the military comes."

Ari hid her emotions pretty well. She didnt really think the Military was coming, but she wouldnt dare say it in front of these hopeful people. She hadnt seen a supply drop for ages, not had she heard a helicopter go by in who knows how long. Ari feared that the Military had left them here to rot with these bags of Walking Dead.

The rain started to lighten up a bit, but it wasn't going to stop anytime soon. Hopefully other survivors were okay and taking shelter. Kassandra yawned, which meant that it was time to go to sleep. "I dunno about you two, but I'm getting pretty tired."

As she stood up, she began holding her back. "By the way, Ari, you're right. If we work together, we'll have a better chance of surviving. I wish I could be more help, but with another human growing inside of me, its a little tough to even do anything. I could barely stand and can't even run anymore. So I'm glad you and Jessica are here." She tried to show a sign of good faith as well as honesty. Afterwards, she walked towards her room. She then closed the Curtains in her Room before getting onto her bed and pulling the covers over her legs. She smiled down at her belly one last time. "Good night, my sweet little angel." She then laid down completely on her left side before closing her eyes and going to sleep.

After Kassandra went to bed, Jessica gave Ari her full attention. "Yeah. Going off by yourself can be tough out there. I was surviving by myself for a little while until I ran into her. Glad you're with us too." Jessica smiled. "Would you like something to eat? I can cook up something for us."

Status
Not open for further replies.