Cirque De Mortifica'

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm juggling the finite' details of 6 different RP's, so if I seem to be quiet on here, DON'T WORRY ♥ I shall continue my love for this Rp (as it is currently in my list of 3 faves, heh)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I will post soon!! I don't want to write anything shitty. Work has been sucking the life out of me @___@;; I will get my post in tomorrow for sure. I want to see the show start soon!

Reactions: Ali
I'll get a post out tomorrow or the next day. Apologies. Been slacking off on schoolwork and now I'm cramming again OTL

Reactions: ILovePandas
Finally posted. I am so sorry for the delay asdfghjkl;

Reactions: ILovePandas
Everyone is getting breakfast correct? TIME FOR DOLORES TO WAKE UP LOUD, PROUD, AND A TAD BIT VERY LATE.
I SHALL HAVE HER TALK TO EVERYONE
AND PINCH PRINCE'S CHEEKS
"DIS IS MA TEDDY BEAR ALFIE."

I will have a waking up post for Xavier tomorrow...no work so finally can do to RP backing up lol. I wonder what he will do with MIna messing with him xD @ILovePandas

• Love
May I apply to be a knife thrower? and sorry about the alice in wonderland one, I couldn't think of a suitable character *sadface*

• Love
Illiya Vivian Monroe

[fieldbox="General Character Stats, orange, solid"]
"Please just call me Vi . . . wouldn't want you to meet a bad end over something as silly as a name."

Gender Female

Species/Race Nephilim

Age 23

Sexuality Bisexual

Birthplace/World Tulcea, Romania

Circus Occupation Knife Thrower

"It's not me but the world that's deranged."

~Haruki Murakami
[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox="Physical Character Stats, orange, solid"]

"If you want to know what I look like then just open your eyes silly."

General Appearance Vi has naturally pale blonde hair cut and styled into a short side cut, along with smoldering chocolate brown eyes, supple lips, and a small beauty mark just above the left side of her upper lip. Having been a resident of Romania for the good majority of her childhood, and adolescent years she has a very thick romanian accent that can come off sounding very sultry at times and at others it can sound quite aggressive depending upon her mood. Without her performance boots she averages about five feet and seven inches in height, and with them on she tends to stand at about five feet ten inches. She has the body of dancer, slim and willowy, with most of her height extending from her long, toned legs, but no bust whatsoever which often makes her seem like a bit more of a 'Butch' kind of girl.

When she's in the show ring her outfits are simple monochromatic and geometric designs that accentuate her willow like form, and she will often pair her outfits with swirling monochromatic makeup that brings out her natural beauty. Yet outside of the ring her wardrobe takes on a whole different personification with grunge like makeup accenting her eyes alone, quite a few pieces of jewelry made of beads, leather, metal, and anything else she may have gotten her hands on, outfits featuring torn and layered pieces of clothing, and brown or black leather boots that have a much shorter heel.

"I'm like a coin, it's a toss up to see which side of me you'll meet."

General Personality Vi is the kind of person that tends to be rather aloof and soft spoken to anyone who has ever met her for the first time. She isn't very much of a social butterfly, but if she's known you for a long time and/or worked with you on a daily basis then you'll come to know her more relaxed and kinda goofy nature that tends to be the norm for her in the Cirque.

Yet just like all things have a nice side they also have an equally if not worse dark side to them, and for Vi that means one hell of a nasty temper. She may not be quick to anger, but once she's pissed it'll be one can of worms you'll definitely regret ever opening. When she's furious she's even quicker at resulting to violence then she is at trying to resolve the issue, and not only that, but it's one of the worst times to try and reason with her over anything. If you're smart you'll calmly walk away and let her blow off steam in the Practice Arena, but if you want to purposely play with fire then don't cry when you end up getting burned. Just be careful that it's not your head she's aiming at when she finally blows.

Other than that you'll most likely just find her relaxing in the Lounge Tent with a small portable hookah at her side after she has finished with her throwing practice and worked with her 'Partner in Crime' for the day. This tends to be the time when she will be the most sociable other then when it's one of the few times that you're supposed to eat throughout the day. She's still rather new to the Cirque and as a result this has been how her days have turned out so far, but hopefully as time progresses she'll open up to more people as they open up to her.
[/fieldbox] [fieldbox="Mental Character Stats, orange, solid"]
"If you ask me nobody is ever perfect you know, so we all have to have our quirks and gimmicks just to survive in this deranged world of ours."

Strengths

Charisma - Vi just has this sort of flawless grace and confidence in the way she moves and carries herself that even a stick in the mud wouldn't be able to keep their eyes off of her during her performances. Not only does it play in favor in the ring, but it also has it's perks outside of the ring too. Most often her charisma helps with convincing her prey to lend her their trust and devotion long enough for them to end up sedated, so that they can be the 'Front row guest' to her private performance.

Blade Master - Vi has become skilled with various knives, daggers, and other various blades over the years and has figured out what finesse is needed to throw each and everyone one of them for the most favorable outcomes when she's throwing them. This also lends to her extreme precision with hand-eye coordination because one wrong move could land her a visit with Miss Morticia Scary Pants yet again.

Dancer - Not only does she throw sharp objects, but she can dance rather gracefully while doing so. Her ability to do so stems from a past spent taking ballet lessons as a child, so most of her performances revolve around the deadly dance she performs seemingly effortlessly. The only hiccup is that her partner can't dance . . . even if it were to save his life.

Weaknesses

Minorly Accident Prone - This causes Vi to see the doc a bit more often than she'd like, and has lead to the doc's rather endearing nickname 'Miss Morticia Scary Pants.'

Lightweight - And no were not referring to Vi's weight here, but rather a very solid fact that she just flat out can't hold her liquor. To put it simply three shots and she's stupid drunk, add one more and you'll be cleaning up chunks.

Mornings - Enough said just let her have some coffee first, or you risk poking a very angry bear.

Talents

Baking - Hand it to the woman to be able to bake her ass off, but if you even think about making that dumb sandwich joke you're a dead man walking.

Jewelry Making - Metal, leather, beads, feathers, etc you name it and Vi has probably made into something that she wears on a daily basis.

Sewing - Costumes don't just make themselves you know, and so what if Vi just so happens to enjoy making her own matter of fact she's rather proud of her creations. Along with her arrival into the Cirque came her wonderfully magical touch, and now the performers have never looked better.

Inabilities

Singing - Unless you think that something that sounds kinda like a dying cat yowling is pleasing to the ear, then Vi is pretty much tone deaf when it comes to trying to carry out any sort of tune.

Puzzles - For Vi there just isn't enough patience in the world to help her solve those stupid things.

"Ok I'm not perfect, and just because I like knives doesn't mean I like needles. I. FUCKING. HATE. NEEDLES."

Fears

Needles - Ever since Vi was a kid she hated going to the doctor's office because where there's doctors there's these tiny little instruments of pain and suffering that go in your arm called needles. Bring one near her and she'll be on the opposite side of the room faster than a fat kid chasing after a donut.

Being Alone - A rather haunting fear of hers that Vi never realized she had until she had actually found something she never wanted to lose again. She hates leaving the Cirque for long periods of time due to this because it leaves a feeling of dread in her stomach that slowly gnaws away at her, and after a while her mind will turn on itself with worry and fear that they've forgotten about her or abandoned her.

[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="History, orange, solid"]
General History

Unlike most Illiya's life started with a very specific desire, and a very specific timing that most others did not have. So to tell the tale of the young, strong-willed Romanian woman one would have to rewind the clock of her life back all twenty-three years and nine months to the very week that she had been conceived in the dank outskirts of Tulcae.

[stabs=bright|100%]
{slide=The Woeful Wish of a Young Man|right|open}
It had been the start of Cheshvan, the only month throughout the year that held no holy holidays, and to most of the populace the time held little or no significance at all, but for the minority that were something more than human it was a time filled with immense dread. A time where the young and naive nephilim swore away the control of their precious bodies to those that had been cast out from the heavens in return for some kind of 'payment' or 'service', but only when it was too late did they realize that the contract they had made would follow them for the rest of their lives. However the whole story started with a young, grieving nephilim man by the name of Edmund L. Dragovich.

He had been quite the spry lad growing up, but when he reached his twenty-fifth year it had became apparent to all that the stallion had been humbled greatly by none other than a woman. The very same woman that would have been his beautiful bride not even two years later after their very first run in with each other, but sadly this was not meant to be. Just months before their big wedding day his lovely bride had started to catch a rather peculiar cough, yet at the time none thought much of it and quickly dismissed it. Though by the time realization had all struck their minds the bride had been bed ridden with the time's most ruthless of killers: Tuberculosis. Coughing and choking on her own blood she ended up dying on the very morning of their wedding.

Now months later Edmund found himself outside of an empty pub with a tear stained face and a bottle of whiskey in hand. Honestly he found himself on these steps often as he spent most of his time trying to drink away the bittersweet memories of his late wife-to-be, and right now it just wasn't enough to push her from his mind. Watching his feet fresh tears started to sting at his bloodshot eyes when a firm gloved hand tilted his head upwards to peer at the face of a gentleman he hadn't even realized approached him. Pale blonde hair and emerald eyes greeted him with a gentle seriousness he had never before seen in young man that seemed no older than himself, yet it left him awestruck underneath those timeless eyes and it was then that the blonde spoke.

"I can make the pain, the misery, all of it go away for a while friend."

His eyes bulged before he tried to sputter something, anything from his drunken lips.

"H-how?"

"Swear fealty to me, and lend me your body for the months of Cheshvan, but in return I will grant you one wish."

Edmund gave a sad smile it seemed like his day had finally came after all.

"You have my fealty Fallen Angel, but in return after Cheshvan my only wish is to die . . ."
{/slide}
{slide=Life Wrought from Lust and Sin|right}(OC Trigger Warning: This scene will imply Rape, if you're sensitive about the subject then don't read it.)

For a long time now Lucillas (the fallen angel) had been watching the dark haired beauty from afar for so long that it had started to eat a hole in the pit of his stomach. He had to claim that slender body for his own pleasure, and now that he finally had himself a body that could actually feel pleasure, albeit it only temporarily, he was going to do it tonight. So here he was now lurking just around the corner of the dancehall that Miss Eliza Monroe frequented for her ballet rehearsals. Sure he could have picked any girl really to be his plaything for the night, but it was just something about her that drove him nuts. She had such grace in the way that she moved her willowy frame on and off the stage that it was almost heavenly to watch.

He looked up in time to see the dark beauty walk past without even a realization that he was there. Catching her was going to be relatively easy it seemed considering she was blissfully ignorant to the darkness the world had to offer, but no matter he'll just quietly follow her for a little while until he could find a rather convenient place to start his work.

Ah now that would be a rather perfect place after all seeing as everyone has left such a nicely deserted back alley. He sneered as he took off at a run to overtake Eliza's unsuspecting form, and in a matter of moments he had her with his hand covering her mouth as he quickly yanked her into the shadows. Finally she was in his grasp and he wouldn't be letting her go anytime soon. He shoved her delicate body against the brick wall behind her, and then quickly ripped her skirt all the way past her hip. The fear that melted those chocolate eyes was intoxicating as tears started to spill down her cheeks, and as he quickly undid the buckle of on his trousers he set to work enjoying his fresh sin.

Months later would reveal to her the lasting legacy that he left planted within her own body. The very thing that would ruin the life she had worked to build for herself along with landing her with the title of being a Harlot. She had become pregnant with her rapist's child.{/slide}
{slide=Little Romanian Tragedy|right}(OC Trigger Warning: This scene will imply Suicide, if you're sensitive about the subject then don't read it.)

Eliza watched as the little girl grew bigger as each year passed, and before she realized it the girl had already turned ten. Upon the child's birth she had named the girl after the two women she had looked up to the most when she herself was growing up so many years ago. Her grandmother Illiya had passed down all her skills and traditions to her mother Vivian, and her mother passed on all those things along with the love of dance to herself. So it had became her turn to do the same, but watching the child learn and grow has slowly been taking it's toll on her mind.

She loved her daughter dearly, but it seemed like any time she looked at the girl all she could see was him. The face of that dreadful man haunted her through her own daughter's eyes, and it had done nothing but eaten away at her soul. She just couldn't take anymore, but before she could depart from this world she needed to teach her daughter one last thing.

She called for her sweet child by her name as she stood preparing herself a brew of tea that was tainted with deadly nightshade. Once the pot was set over the flames she quickly pulled out the second drawer and searched the underside with her slender fingers.

"You called for me mommy?"

She smiled slightly at the sound of her daughter's voice as her fingers brushed against the worn linen of the item she had been looking for. Plucking it from the underside of the drawer she then turned to face her daughter and then she held out her open hand.

"Yes I did my little bird now mommy has a present and a lesson for you, so let me see your hand."

She gently took the hand that her daughter held out obediently, and she then placed and curled her daughter's fingers around the linen bundle as the pot behind her started to whistle. She quickly turned to pull the pot off the flames before pulling herself down a cup and pouring herself a cup.

"My little bird you must never lose those for they are the most precious thing you will ever own. You must learn to use them so that mommy will never have to worry again whether her little bird is safe or not, and always remember this Illiya your mother loves you."

She brought the cup to her lips and downed the toxic liquids in several gulps, and as her vision started to fade slowly she smiled one last time. The cup slipped from her hand as she collapsed to the floor, and she was too far gone to her daughter's heart breaking scream.{/slide}
{slide=This is not The End|right}It had been many years since the day that Vi watched her own mother die right in front of her very eyes, and she had grown rather quickly afterwards because of it. With no father or mother she learned rather quickly how to survive on her own by any means whether that was learning how to steal as a child or figuring out how to make small traps to catch vermin. Yet not a day went by that the girl wasn't practicing with the gift she had been given, for it had been a gleaming set of silver throwing knives with onyx inlayed ornately on either side. It truly had become one of her most prized possessions in the world, and with it she practiced till her hands bled from the abuse and her body could no longer stand from fatigue.

Since then she grew to be a resemblance of the willowy beauty that her mother had once been with the pale blonde locks of a father she had never known, and by now she had become the ripe age of twenty-two. She had made herself quite the living of charming both men and women into letting her into their beds only for them to find them dead at their most vulnerable of times, yet she would never allow herself to truly become some stranger's plaything. That was the one thing that would never resemble her mother the fact that she would rather die than be a harlot, but emotions could be a cruel mistress for she was still very alone in this damnable world.

Yet in her time of need a shining beacon lit up the darkness she had been in, and like moth to a flame she followed it all the way to a rather inconspicuous ticketing booth. It had been none other than the famous Cirque de Mortifica, and for the first time in a rather long time she'd smiled at the spectacles that played out before her eyes. She had finally found her true home.{/slide}
{tab=1}Slide 1{/tab}
{/slide}
[/stabs]
[/fieldbox] [fieldbox="Everything Else, orange, solid"]

Extermination Specialty Knives and lots of them, a Heavy Sedative, and a Nice Sized Crowd. BOOM.

Specific Circus Talent(s)

Her talents consist but are not limited to the following:

Leap of Faith - This stunt is very William Tell-esq in the fact that an apple is placed on top of her partners head while she stands about five feet away, but the twist you ask? She is entirely blindfolded.

Wheel of Death - A willing volunteer gets strapped to an ever spinning wheel, and it's Vi's job to entirely outline their body with knives without causing them harm.

Pinpoint throws - This act simply involves each partner switching back in forth in landing throws in ever decreasing in size targets off of the other partner's body.

Dog-Tag Level
23kx286.jpg

Magic Abilities Not much of anything really to Vi's knowledge, being Nephilim just means she's the product of a fallen angel and a human. At most she has somewhat faster paced healing and is a bit more durable and stronger than a human normally is, but she is unbeknownst to any and all abilities that may lay dormant within her body for the rest of her life.

Relationships
Partners in Crime
For better or worse Dactrin L. Cooper will forever be considered Vi's partner in crime. She works with him in almost all of her performances, and she hopes that someday he'll at least learn to trust her even if it's just a little.
Mother Bird
Margaux Elice tends to remind Vi so much of the mother she lost many years ago, and partially due to this she has opened up to Margaux the most of anyone in Cirque de Mortifica. At the same time Margaux has gained a severe loyalty from the strange nephilim girl.
Miss Morticia Scary Pants
Morticia Crevan, The Mad Doctor Extrodinare, has become a bit of an endearing friend over the past year that Vi had spent with the Cirque, and despite the woman's rather dark quirks she finds herself going to the doc whenever she's in need of small talk. Sometimes even to get patched up along with being poked and prodded with those dreadful needles.

Other For whatever reason Vi has a strange tendency to put peanut butter in her tea and frosting in her coffee. Don't ask it's just how she prefers to drink them.[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
Just to give you guys a bit of a taste for Miss Vi, I'll will have the rest of it finished between tomorrow and monday. I do hope you guys like this little teaser of what's to come~ Until then nighty night (sorry it took me this long to do what little I did, I just wanted it to look nice, and figuring out the bb codes took me a good bit x.x)

Reactions: Ali
Just to give you guys a bit of a taste for Miss Vi, I'll will have the rest of it finished between tomorrow and monday. I do hope you guys like this little teaser of what's to come~ Until then nighty night (sorry it took me this long to do what little I did, I just wanted it to look nice, and figuring out the bb codes took me a good bit x.x)
She's very cool hun, I can't wait to see the finished product ^^

I just had a rather lovely idea~ What if the Cirque had a performance that allowed them to show off their abilities to kill and massacre in all their beautifully horrific ways? You could call it something like the Midnight Premiere or something, and it could cater to 'special' audiences

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Status
Not open for further replies.