Cieltermer OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen_Nobody

Original poster
This is the ooc for cieltermer. i'll be putting notes up on the first post and this will serve as our chat for now. I welcome questions and stuff. do note, the info isn't complete.

The Add

Captain: Aveline Hoshi
Quarter Master: Esther Kadwell
Navigator: Biscus Gieia
Surgeon/Carpenter:
Cobal expert: De'andardra
Chef:
Gunner:
First mate:
Cabin boy:
Mistress:

Cieltermer. It's a pretty name, isn't it? It's her name. The world. Oh, no, certainly it wasn't the first name, no. It use to just be Terre. Of course, that was from before. When our great great grandparents lived. Tale is, world was different back those few generations. Very few alive that know just what it was like. They say it all use to be one piece. One, gigantic, piece of land! None of it floating along in the sky like it does now. And it was safe, well, safer, than now. You could walk or drive to any town town you wanted. Purely by land. You didn't need a Cienav for travel. Can you imagine? It must have been so easy back then...

No, no I can't imagine what it was like. I've lived up here too long. Can't see a world where without these bothersome flying rocks. Without having the clouds pass by my home. Without sky fairers like me. I think having the choice between the two, i'd stay here. Even if it is hard. Even if I have to steal to survive. At least it makes life interesting.

I know in my heart that if we were stuck with the old world, i'd just be some boring farmer, or a merchant, or any of those mundane things. No, pirating suits me just fine.

Of course, I do sometimes worry about the Nim-Cel. Damn thorn in my side. Those guys on their holy crusade, trying to "purify" the world. They won't rest until we're all dead. 'Long with all the other sinners. Damn zealots. Who are they to go 'round "liberating" cities and burning everyone and everything in their way?! Eh!?

Well ya know what, fuck em. Argh, I say! Argh! I don't care how many ships they send after us, I'll shoot down all their cienavs! And those damn advancements they've made aren't so impressive. they can take all their fancy clockwork tech, and shove it!

Ah, but them besides, we have worse things to worry bout.

Damn monsters. Er, sorry, that, uh, that was my father speaking. I meant; Cobals. All these creature fellers. From the goblins to those fucking Krakens, they've been on everybody for years now. Why their union decided to get so damn aggressive, I honestly don't know, but I can tell you it's bad for business. Keep taking my marks. Killing my people. Stealing my supplies. I'm serious. They. Keep. Stealing. From me! From us! I mean, aren't we suppose to be the pirates here? Ugh, I swear, if it happens one more damn time, i'm going to go to Bellua and blowing up their Sol! I don't care how durable those damn crystals are, i'll find a way, just for them!

Oh, but i've been rambling on too much. It's time to get back to work. Order people around and the usual. Oh, and speaking of orders, you still have to swab the deck. Now get to it, cabin boy!

_____________________ What this is____________

Sky pirates. Fucking, sky pirates. Need i say more?
In this rp, i have a general plot in mind that involves our crew fighting back against those that would suppress their - and many other's - freedom. Thus is the gist of the main plot, however, i'd like to develop our crew from a smaller point than taking down "the evil empire". Think a few treasure hunts and shenanigans along the way would be super fun, focus on our characters rather than just what they do :3
as with all my groups, if you want to know more, ask here. I've already added several notes below, as well.

Notes

Nim-Cel – A strong nation lead by the "Temple" They believe in a set of three deities (Magus, Aes, and The Seneschal) and follow a philosophy of order. This philosophy involves uniting the world under one flag, as well as many trials of personal adjustment they refer to as the "tempering".

Magus – The goddess of magic and the natural world. All things that came before man.

Aes – The god of machines and the world made by mankind. All things born from science.

The Seneschal – The deity of order, believed to keep the balance between the forces of magic and science.

The Tempering – the process in which the Nim-Cel augment themselves. It involves a series of magical rituals and surgery that transforms an individual and leads to ranks(untempered, augmented, machina, and deus ex machina) within the Nim-Cel, depending on how far they take the tempering.

Untempered – Have not undergone any of the tempering rituals.

Augmented – Have replaced some parts of their body with mechanical ones(i.e. A limb or an organ)

Machina – Have replaced over half of their flesh with magic and machines.

Deus ex machina – Have replaced every single part of themselves (excluding the heart and mind) with magic and machine.

Cienavs – A cienav is essentially a flying ship. The older models were a complicated system of balloons and wings, used to keep them afloat and most were made of lightweight materials so they could fly easier. In modern days, Cienavs have sol infused hulls that keep them afloat even if all else fails. This allowed for them to be made with heavier, stronger materials, as well as carry more cargo and passengers. Thus making them useful beyond transportation of only a few people.

Sol – Sol is the single most important substance in all of Cieltermer. It is a crystal with unusual properties. Most notably, the ability to keep things afloat in the air. Despite popular belief, Sol doesn't make things lighter, in fact it adds several units of weight to any given thing and is actually heavier than gold. What gives it the ability to seemingly make things float, is an sort of magnetic field which is strengthened(or weakened) depending on electrical charge. And to explain how Sol maintains it's elevation without human aid, the next fantastic ability of Sol is its amazing conductive properties. Sol can contain one hundred percent of all energy put into it, loosing absolutely none of it, regardless of how far a charge travels through it. Even after years of being within the Sol.

Terre and Mer – The world bellow the islands. Once upon a time, everything lived on Terre, incapable of imagining life in the clouds. Of course, that was before all the resources simply shot up into the sky. Today, Terre is little more than desolate wastelands (well, wastelands and a few forests as well as the oceans) and has been that way for four generations. Most that live down there are trapped and without use of much of the resources and technologies sky dwellers enjoy (notably, Cienavs) most from the islands use Terre and Mer as a place to banish people or to gather much needed water using specialized Cinavs(properly called Seanavs).

Cobals – Lesser men would call them monsters, but we know better. Cobals are simply misunderstood creatures... With fangs and claws and any form of thing you can imagine... I do see why people call them monsters, but still! Cobals have two large categories in which most fit. There are the sagax(which are the intelligent, more human minded ones) and the bel(The ones that don't mind when you call them monsters, as they aren't as bright or civil as the sagax and are the equivalent to animals) but within those are uncountable groupings, so for your sake and mine, I won't list them all.

God of Monsters, Bel'al – Bel'al is considered to be the god of all cobal kind, seeking to make a better, higher form of life than the humans and animals ever could be. Culture and advancement are it's only demands.

Name:

Personality:

History:

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_mncgfzeZRD1r21rsxo1_500.jpg

Name; Biscus Gieia

Age; 32

Position; Navigator

Gender; Male

Race; Cobal/ Sagax

Personality/ History; He is a rather odd guy. He probably has an answer for every problem, but sometimes his solution isn't always desirable. It confuses him how people share their problems with him when the solutions seem so easy.

He is willing to try anything and tends to take interest in a lot of them. His curiosity is almost dangerous, but having grown up between Mer and Terre has given him a good sense of how to deal with things.

The fact that he grew up down there probably explains a lot of his quirks. Not that they're really understandable, but a lot of those things don't seem quite sane. Despite his seeming insanity, he is really quite easy to talk to. Just remember that he is very loyal and he does mean his best when he responds. He has gotten better and adjusted quite well since he was saved from the surface. Although, it was more like he saved us. It's a good thing he wasn't very interested in the Cobal union.

It's also a mystery how he gets anywhere. He hardly ever uses maps, but at least he's glanced over most of them a few times, and as impossible as it sounds, he may have memorized the sky. He does stare into it a lot. He almost never measures anything either. His left mechanical eye may be of some use for that, but it could be by sheer luck that he gets anywhere. His record is good so far.

He's a great fighter too, or at least an interesting one, and interesting means weird here. You could strike at him all day and never scratch him, but at the same time, he never strikes back, and if he does it's weak and sloppy. Most of the time, he just lets his opponent wear themselves down and then takes care of them. His stamina is second to none. You'll also never find him with the same weapon twice. Every time he kills or defeats something, he leaves his current weapon and takes theirs. He once went through 14 weapons in a single raid.

All that said, he would definitely be a good person to be stuck on an island with if you wanted to survive and escape. His ingenuity is phenomenal and he'd never leave anyone behind.

I'm not sure if you wanted all of the crew to be strictly human, but I saw this pic and thought it was perfect. Except for the fact his ships in space, but otherwise perfect. I'm not sure if we were allowed to have enhancements or if that was only the Nim-Cel, but I always thought of sky pirates as having mechanical replacements to the limbs they inevitably lose. So, I was hoping he could have a mechanical left eye. If there's anything that doesn't agree with what you had in mind or if there's more I should add, please say so, thanks.

Typically, enhancements are exclusive to the nim-cel, as they do their best to monopolize the tech. But there is always someone who either left with, or stole the know how to craft and apply the parts. Of course, these people are marked for death and just the sort pirates would deal with.

Also, i forgot a role. Cobal expert. Added it the the thing

Cool, so a small eye replacement doesn't seem like it would be too bad. Also, what does the role of Cobal expert entail¿

They mostly just handle matters concerning monsters. Also talk to the cobals that dont instantly eat you. So like, they just make sure we arent destroyed by, like, sky squids and goblin pirates.

Reactions: rechonq

Kadwell, QM

Name:
Esther Kadwell

Position:
Quarter Master

Personality:
Kadwell is the ship's somewhat gruff, but ultimately good natured quarter master. She prides herself on being able to reliably source whatever the crew needs, whenever they need it. She thinks on her feet, and has no qualms about haggling or offering alternative forms of payment - She's been known to draft in other crew members in a pinch. She has a solid network of contacts from her previous life - the crew will have heard snippets of which, but Kadwell herself dislikes talking about.

Despite her churlish reputation, Kadwell cares deeply for her crewmates. She avoids being too rude, and is actually quite social given the opportunity. She has been known to joke and even laugh in their company after a few drinks. While rarely being the first person anyone on board goes to for support, Kadwell is rumored to keep the stock of creature comforts that sometimes appear when a member of the crew is in need. Not that she'd ever own up to that, if indeed it was her. She can give new recruits something of a hard time - they need to be toughened up somehow, right? - but she'll never see them go without.

History:
Kadwell dislikes talking about herself, or her life before joining the crew. What is known about her is that she's been around for a while but this wasn't her first illegal venture. She grew up with both her parents on a farm. Her father is still alive, and she has at least one sister and an older brother. She once mentioned after one too many drinks that she was married once, hated it, and that he's now dead. He has no connections to her prosthetics. She has a solid knowledge of Cienavs, weaponry and a myriad of other valuables, as well as where and how to buy and sell any of the above at relatively short notice. She can read and speak at least three languages, possibly more. She can fight with a sword and is a passable marksman, but usually prefers to stay out of the action if she can avoid it. She can dance, the fancy kind usually requiring lessons. She has lost her ring and little finger on her left hand, replaced with mechanical prosthetics, and has one mechanical lung.​

I might add to this a little bit in a while ¬ ¬
Let me know if everything's okay :)

Attachments

• park-pyeongjun-drawing-5.jpg
    park-pyeongjun-drawing-5.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:
~De'andardra and Baelori of the Vonacovah Nation.~

140b08c1f424f5dc5bf7135b10648cb5--female-half-orc-female-dark-elf_20170718172104605_zpsref1yw9x.jpg

(Pronounced):
(DEE-an-DAR-druh and bay-LORE-ee of the Von-uh-CO-vuh Nation.)

Position
:
Cobal Expert

Sagax Woman

Personality:

Quiet and constantly watching:

De'andardra could be considered the "strong, silent, type." But that would just scratch the surface. If there is a scowl upon her face as she peers at you it's most likely not because she is cross with you, she may in fact just be pondering something about you. During group confereces, she will definitely not be the first to pipe up, but if asked her opinion, she will not shy away from public speakng. In fact, she is surprisingly rather exceptionally well-spoken. And even though she may not say much, she does quietly enjoy the company of others, she is just used to years of non-verbal, telepathic mode of communication with her "little brother," Baelori.

Intense focus / 'Hit the switch'

+ | When she goes into Huntress mode, when she scowls this time, watch for the coldness in the yellow eyes. She's the predator now. It may even seem like she takes more feral cues from Baelori and they become like a hunting pack. When she is in beast mode, she really is in beast mode. The Huntress is almost like another persona of De'andardra.

- | This may become problematic when she is in training mode as she may become to intense and aggressive. There are also times when she is focusing on her work at hand, whether it be a manhunt or a Cobal investigation, and she becomes very agitated to the point of lashing out at others whether they sneak up on her or not. There is a certain 'tone' that other Crew members may take and certain 'soft' words they may know to alleviate the situation even before it starts. That is, if they recognize that the Cobal has 'Hit the switch.'

Family Oriented

+ | Even though she left her homelife and homeland she still feels she is envoy and Representative for The Vonacovah Nations. As a child, she has been instilled to 'make blood from a river.' Meaning: people come and go, but the ones that remain --that truly stay with you-- become your family. She is loyal to her family and will do anything in her power to protect and fend for them. She does have a playful side that she does share with her family too. All aboard the Cienav are her family and they know her as 'DeeDee'...

- | The title of Family is, however, only for those that have remained upon the ship after at least 8 months. For that is the gestation and ritual time of a Vonacovah being raised in the womb. During those 8 months, she is mostly watching the new crew member and assessing them. Correcting where need be. Then there are also those times when she feels slighted or insulted and if she feels a family member has been slighted or insulted she will 'demand proper reciprocity.' And even if the person that slighted them does not know what insult they unintentionally tossed at her family, she will still demand a follow up.

Proud

+ | DeeDee proudly bears her tattoos and all other markings of her Vonacovah Nation and follows the daily religious practices and rigorous training as a Outlier for her people despite having to go into hiding. She keeps to her traditions, secrets and methods of her people. There are charming dancing motions she does when she speaks formally or apologizes. She knows many cultural practices of different sagax Cobal and speaks several Cobal dialects and pidgens. DeeDee also plays several of their instruments, but favours drums. Her 'little brother' Baelori is her soul mate totem and she grooms, adorns and adores him how she should. The 'De' part of her name is a title that means 'Daughter of the Elders.' It means she is royalty; she is the heir apparent Daughter of the Chieftain.

- | Feels like a failure that she had to go into hiding and even though she does her rituals and routines everyday, it just does not feel right to her like somehow she is.... disconnected living above Terre and Mer. Sometimes she sings softly in her home tongue. She tells others that she sings only prayers, but in reality she sings the songs her Chieftain Mother taught her as a child to stave off the grief of leaving her homeland and her Nation's demise. Her lil' bro Bae, does have his own mind and sometimes disagrees with her cultural compromises and may become willfully disobedient and sulky.

<~~~<★>~~~>

History.

The Vonacovah Nation is run by a Matriarchal society and believes in their own version of Magus; they call her "Ahmi" which literally translates as: "Heartbeat." The Vonacovah shamans and ritualists are the ones that hold strongest ties to Terre's Heartbeat. And from their teachings and traditions, each person's heart of the Vonacovah Nation is linked to Terre via a totem regardless of caste.

De'andardra is daughter to the Chieftan, Ahm'Tislorai, and Shaman Elder, Kel'Ishiandra, sired by a decorated male Scout named Er'Umi. But in all her years in the Nation, she never received her calling to her totem. At a young age, she felt much shame and unworthiness. But her Shaman mother, Kel'Ishiandra told her that 'the Starbed will tell you when you are ready.' And despite her own emotions, in her heart of hearts, De'andardra knew the shaman was right; her Heartbeat felt incomplete yet still open and ready for another.

And so she grew and she was taught the ways of her people, skewed from the point of view of royalty. Yes, she did live upon the pedastal for all her people to adore her, yet she still bore the weight of all the responsibilities and duties that was expected and demanded of a Chieftan Mother's blood daughter. Daily was her teachings, rigorous was her training, and brutal were the rites of passage. She did, however, meet all challenges head on, and excelled in each completion of her sagax people's Rites and Rituals.

Every single tattoo and marking she received upon her body was well earned and Terre's Hearbeat pulsed in each and every single one of her proud badges. De'andardra grew to a fine size of 6'5 and 215lbs and became a fine De' (Daughter of the Elders), a distinguished Hunter, an exceptional warrior and proud royal. But it was it openness to understanding that was her greatest asset. She eagerly took in the lessons taught to her by both her Mothers and the cultures of the other Cobal Nations.

A popular and imposing envoy she became. Skilled in both a presiding phyical presence and an open yet engaging oratory style, De'andardra was earning much esteemed reputation as a Representative and Envoy for her Nation to fellow sagax Cobals, some human settlements, and, even made relations with some bel Cobal territories as well. And yet she still felt incomplete. But still she persevered, as was expected of her; a prominent role as royalty and she continued to flourish. She was lauded and was joyously received as the soon-to-be next great Chieftan of Vonacovah.

But that would not come to pass for, of course, all good things must come to an end.

<~~~<★>~~~>

Allegations of Chieftan Mother Ahm'Tislorai secretly coupling with a scout of another Nation ran rampant. Then the truth came to light; the allegations were confirmed as solid. And the solid truth was that this scout was actually De'andardra's birth father.

It was deceit. It was disgrace. It was an act of War.

The scout was made an example and his parts were scattered across a Vonacovah shrine. War was upon the horizon, but not yet. Ahm'Tislorai still had time. And so on her 22rd birthday, by blessing and wisdom of both her Mothers, De'andardra was sent into hiding, for there were many that wanted to ritually sacrifice the royal to sate the disgrace of her birth.

With the aid of sympathetic human farmers she was guided to a Cienav port. Smuggled aboard a supply freighter, De'andardra made her way to the islands in the sky. They called her DeeDee now. But she liked it. For in her home tongue it was a petname that meant: "Little Chieftan" or in some human tongues equivalent: "Princess."

It took her over a year to get used to life above the lands of Terre and away from her kind, her Nation. But she did get used to this lifestyle... more like she forced herself to cope with the new lifestyle. And even though despair set in at times she kept persesvering.

And it paid off. For she was attacked by a rogue wolf.

<~~~<★>~~~>

DeeDee had been earning her keep as part of a bounty hunter outfit, that specialized in man or Cobal hunts for some 'specialty interest groups'. One particular tipoff lead them to the hiding place of their mark on some remote sky island. It was here where they found the demise of their mark. It was eaten my a massive lone wolf. Somehow it was stranded way up here! And it would have another meal.

During the ensuing fight, De'andardra had been bested and the black wolf had its huge maw locked upon the sagax's throat. Sharp ivory canines had pierced her skin and the wolf tasted her blood before crushing her neck. And then it stopped. For it knew. Somehow it knew all along.

This was his totemic sister. She was De'andardra and he was Baelori. He had bested her in combat and now he could uphold his right to bond with her. It was in her blood. He could taste her Heartbeat. Ahmi had chosen her for him and Baelori had scarred her with his bitemarks and she marked him with her tusk cuts. They were complete now: Heartbeats in unison, Minds fused by thoughts, and Soulmates till death.

But the pair would not have such a happy union to start. The rest of the bounty hunters were ecstatic. How much was a humongous, wild and live 'rune-marked' wolf in the sky going to fetch them? A very pretty and very, very shiny coin from the highest bidder of course.

De'andardra and Baelori were not about to let that happen.

And so they escaped her bounty-hunting outfit and made their own way in the islands above Terre. To the farther outreaches near Bellua they travelled away from the clutches of the bounty hunters. They lived and traded amonst varying kinds of Cobals for a while, keeping as low a profile as possible. But when they decided to move on and find a source that could give them info about the surface Terre, specifically about the Vonacovah, they were found by the bounty hunters.

In their escape, they became stowaways on board a pirate ship of one Captaine Hoshi. To earn their keep, DeeDee and Bae devoted their skills and knowledge to this Cienav and its captain and crew. And over nearly 3 years time, she adopted the ship as her new home, and the crew as her new family.

It is the only family she will know now, for even though she has not formally been given the knowledge, she knows in her heart of hearts the fate of the Vonacovah Nation.

Her Mothers, both Chieftan Ahm'Tislorai, and Shaman Elder Kel'Ishiandra, they sing to her in dreams and dance for her at the edge of daybreak. Only great Ancestors may do that. From high above, they sing and dance for De'Andardra. From their resting place in the great twinkling Starbeds in the nightsky, they look downeards and cherish their true Vonacovah Chieftain.

<~~~<★>~~~>

Last edited:
Mind if I join? I love the idea of space pirates :)

It's not space pirates though. It's sky pirates.

Woops did I say space pirates? I meant sky pirates. My mind is a bit screwy after 10pm.

I think I'll take the role of chef thank you :)

Well, I like the idea that the cobal union and that is made of multiple nations. I honestly hadn't considered that, as most of the islands operate indipendantly as city states.
As for the voncovah themselves, well, I'd rather not have cross-breeds in world. It's that way with most of my rps... They're s always like, twelve half dragons.

But anyway, I noticed they believed in Magus too. To be clear, I'd only made the Pantheon of gods for the nim-cel religion. I used to have five pantheons but they got lost. If you wanted to make a new religion thingy for them, you can and junk. Course, it's fine if they just believe in Magus, too.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
By the way, the world is separated into five - more or less - unified territories. they're unified primarily by culture and not governments. They're simply east, west, north, south, and central. Central is primarily nim-cel controlled. everywhere else is mostly indipendant. as far as culture goes, east is asain inspired, west, European. north is Russian and south is African.

Status
Not open for further replies.