Chrono Asylum: Prelude to Madness (OOC/Sign up)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
In a situation where a rogue alchemist may pose a threat to the public while witnesses are present, discretion must be maintained while silencing the target. So easiest bet is to lure the rogue to an isolated place and kill the target while destroying any proof. In a situation where a witness maybe present, well then you have to perform of memory wipe via alchemy. This situation is often dangerous as memory wiping is considered volatile when done to humans.

@Vonz I see. Though I do need to mention, some of the powers you've given alchemists, I am having trouble figuring out the logistics. I understand why you want to have them around, but I'm not sure how they'd work. Telepathy isn't really an exchange of energy and matter. Teleportation is, but with a /very/ long range, so maybe there are precreated alchemy sigils or circles for alchemists to use as targets? Honestly, with tech that's better than what we have now, I don't see why they don't just use airplanes. Memory wiping, like telepathy, doesn't seem very alchemist-like. It's mind-magic, not physical.

At any rate, I'm working on a post for the other thread.

@Vonz Some things came up while I was working. I'm assuming that the other teams will have been told to look for Ante Mortem and go from there, but would they have been given a time and place to meet, or how are they supposed to track Angel and Reri down? I'd like that information. Additionally, I notice that your sheets say that your team is distrusted, but not why. Is this an "everyone says" kind of thing, or is there an actual reason that ordinary members of AMRO would know about? I need to know why my characters would have a preconception of yours, so I can decide how to handle it.

Well are minds too works via using energy and Alchemy merely taps into that. Brains cells communicate through an electrochemical process which enhanced as it is traveling through all the 100 billion neurons. Now memory, thought, emotion, perception etc all of this is comprised in the brain so utilizing alchemy it is possible to alter it. This is one of the fields of psychokinesis Angel specializes in.

Yes, as I mentioned some times based on the threat teams are picked across the globe. So yes all the characters will receive a letter stating to go to Vegas immediately and meet with Ante Mortem to be briefed on the situation.

As far as how they will find Ante Mortem? Alchemists expend alchemic energy and this energy can be perceived by an alchemist. Asylums however have learned to control their alchemic energy so that rogue alchemists cannot perceive, instead only other Asylums can track an Asylum's alchemic energy.

There are many reasons why Angel and Reri are distrusted, their manipulative nature for one among various rumors. Though what is generally known is whoever is teamed up with them eventually ends up dead. This is considered a slight exaggeration though.

@Vonz fair enough. Sounds a bit like what Sparks sometimes does with computers. ^.^ Alright, now to post! *rolls off*

Well are minds too works via using energy and Alchemy merely taps into that. Brains cells communicate through an electrochemical process which enhanced as it is traveling through all the 100 billion neurons. Now memory, thought, emotion, perception etc all of this is comprised in the brain so utilizing alchemy it is possible to alter it. This is one of the fields of psychokinesis Angel specializes in.
Based on that, would it be fair to add an ability to Raptors Eye? Buy using Alchemy to mainpulate and intertwine his and a single target (at a time)'s neurological energies, Falcon would have the ability to see things exactly as they are through the targets eyes, sort of like (for lack of a better word) basic clairvoyance? It would work like hacking into a security system and looking at the security camera feed while having no control over what you see or how the camera moves. I ask because, if I can, I'd like to use that ability in my entry post. Because, y'know, Vegas.

Yes that is definitely a possibility though seeing as your powers are visual in nature, the target of whose eyes you may want to see through will have to be in visual distance. The aid of binoculars and scope can aid in this.Also say you see through someone's sight with his sight you can look into another person's sight. So there has to be a link in between.

A level 2 cast however will change this. As a cast grows more and more powerful science and explanation fades. To put it simply a level 2 cast will enable you to see through the eyes of people across miles with no link.

@Shy: To your ooc in the RP, I actually had Cee-lo in mind which utilizes 3 dice, however I mixed up the rules. xD

Also don't worry about procedure you handle rogues, that is left on the Asylum. To put it simply they are the judge, jury and executioner.

No, not with their sight, but able to see what would be seen in he was sitting where they were sitting.

Don't you feel like perhaps you're overloading his semblance?

• I: Personal Information

Name:
      Keith Hanson

Team Title: Midnight Sun

Official Title: Sheriff

Position: Asylum

----------- AMRO Stats -----------​

Specialty: Hunter

Code: CX (110)

Position of Tattoo: Right side of the chest

Alch-Specs: Animal Control

Alchemic Style: Vocum (Primary); Motem (Secondary)

• II: Weapons

Glock 22

Even though he was given the opportunity to get an A.M.R.O upgraded gun this was one weapon, one piece of his past, Keith wasn't able to leave behind. Although there are anti-Alchemic ammo and ammunition that would that would fit his gun that would leave a standard issued cartridge subpar, five out of his six magazines (fifteen bullets per) hold such ammunition. Due to A.M.R.O's pestering Keith has one magazine with anti-Alchemic ammo although he would rather not contaminate his old and faithful friend with foreign ammunition (and hasn't done so to this day).

T.A.S.E.R.

Short for Tracking And Scanning Electronic Receiver, this weapon looks like an ordinary pen with a pullout banner. While deactivated his pen is able to write in ink and has a pull out calendar but once activated the pen has a range twenty feet before accuracy is greatly diminished. Giving off nothing more than a sound of a pen click, the pen can shoot about a 3mm sized pellet that has the capabilities to stick to nearly any material, even human skin. Given a five mile radius, Keith can use this pellet to receive an audio feed from the pellet while also having the ability to see and track the pellet using the pullout banner that doubles into a screen. This same screen has a scanning device on the opposite side that can be used from scan documents to record videos and magnify objects within its visual field. Besides the default calendar, the screen is limited to a GPS with live traffic alerts and viewing sending out or receiving documents, images and videos.

• III: Appearance

Standing at 6'2" and with an intimidating girth to match, Keith isn't a force an average person would want to reckon with. Even since he joined A.M.R.O it is obvious that his physical training has stayed the same, if not intensified to keep up with the ever growing demands of his new job. He is very careful, if not anal about keeping his light brown hair trimmed short and making sure that he clean shaven.

Practicality and comfort always wins over looks for Keith and unless there is some sort of event or due to a mission he is found in jeans, work boots and a belt with his holster always on. His shirt or jacket changes depending on the weather and his mood but a plain green, blue or red shirt is always his first choice followed by a collared shirt that is either plain or checkered.

• IV: Personality

Overall Keith is a sociable guy towards his friends and colleagues and isn't a guy that is afraid to speak his mind to anyone he comes into contact to Al's distaste. Although while on the job he can be quite serious, he is someone that there is multiple ways up a mountain and isn't afraid skirt along the lines set in places if he feels like it is needed. He isn't one that is angered very easy but one of his big pet peeves are lies. Keith is someone that rather face the truth than having someone lie to his face and due to that he is someone that won't lie to others, even if it is a while lie or would hurt another person's feelings. Keith's tolerance for lies is very low and seeing how honest he can be to others it isn't hard to see why lies would bother him. He might not be a hundred percent in agreement for the way things are done in A.M.R.O but being someone that will do things for the greater good, he won't hinder things even if they go against things he learned growing up and being on the force to be lawfully wrong, although he will state his displeasure when given the chance. He's a bit awkward around overly emotional people, especially if crying is involved and isn't very observant about people's emotions and feels such as Al is but if someone can look past his brutally honest persona, Keith can be an outgoing and friendly person to get along with.

With such an age gap between him and Al, Keith felt a bit unsure working with him at first but although the two have very different thoughts on life, how things are done at A.M.R.O and many other things the two get along well with each other pretty well. Their constant bantering and sarcastic remarks towards each other can be seen as the two constantly fighting with each other for those who don't know both of them very well but that is what the foundation of their partnership and if push comes to shove, they always have each other's back

• V: History

Unlike many within A.M.R.O, Keith didn't join the Academy as a child. Rather without the knowledge of who his father is and his mother unfit to care for Keith he lived with his uncle and his wife and his two older cousins. Besides the random unsolicited visits from his mother from time to time, the boy lived an average life and greatly looked up to his uncle as his role model, often aspiring to work in the police force as his uncle did. With hard work and determination his dream came to a success and continued to do so as he quickly gain respect from his superiors and was often found being one step ahead of his comrades within the same rank.

Unknown to him at that time, this was because of his latent abilities in Alchemy however he was soon to find out after getting involved with something much more than he could have ever bargained for. Going after a criminal, he was able to track down and capture a rouge alchemist. Although his threat is very low, Keith was able to gather interest from A.M.R.O and before Keith could take the man into custody they interfered with Keith's objective both to make sure there would be no trace of the rouge alchemist as well as to recruit Keith. It has been three years since he reluctantly accepted and with those three years have spent almost a year partnered with Al.

• VI: Others

Keith has a concealed weapon permit and still has his badge from when he was an officer and will use it if for some reason he needs to while on a mission.

Keith isn't too fond of the name Sheriff since he technically wasn't sheriff while on the force but since he received the nickname even months before graduating a year ago, he has given up on having it changed.

Although he leaves most of the physical hand to hand combat to Al, with his build and training both as a police officer and at Innocence, he could hold off an enemy if needed.

Poe is a pet raven (which Al hates) that he normally uses his alchemy on while on the job.

• VII: Personal Information

Name: Allen Doe

Team Title: Midnight Sun

Official Title: Chitsulo (metal in chichewa), Jumbo or Kid (used only by Keith as a play off of his code and how thin he is)

----------- AMRO Stats -----------​

Specialty: Silencer

Code: XL (40)

Position of Tattoo: On the inner side of his left thumb

Alch-Specs: Metal Manipulation

Alchemic Style: Motem (Primary); Sigilum (Secondary)

• VIII: Weapons

Sandula

Chichewa for change, this is an ever-changing weapon molded and changed with Al's Alch-Spec. A strong metal made from A.M.R.O that would both hold up in battle while being light and malleable enough for Al to use his alchemy to quickly alter the object into what he need. This weapon is usually disguised as a necklace with a thick chain and a cross as a pendent. With enough metal to make a push dagger from the cross, this is Al's go-to when using Sandula especially when keeping discreet in important. With Sandula he is able to make simple things such as keys, lock picks and other simple tools if needed as long as he is given the time and the object isn't too complex or big.

Death's Kiss

Based off a medieval spiked club, this weapon is a three and a half club like weapon with retractable spikes and capabilities to telescope on itself. It is light enough for Al to swing it efficiently and quickly whilst being weighted enough on the end to make an impact when hitting a target. Close to the base of the weapon there is a button that he can use to retract or set off the spikes as he see fit during a battle.

• IX: Appearance

For a nineteen year old, his height of 5'8" isn't very intimidating especially when it is compared to his lean features. He has blonde hair that is just long enough to brush against his ears and has hazel eyes. Very keen on making sure that is appearance is kept up with, Al always makes sure that his clothes are pristine and will often carry a change of clothes if they are traveling a great distance. Unlike Keith, his wardrobe often changes depending on the weather and his mood but he is someone that likes to dress up just a bit more than necessary and keep up with current trends and styles and is always found with Sandula on. He never wears a hoddie or sweatpants even on days off.

• X: Personality

Perfection is something that is important to Al. From his pristine clothes to his track record while on missions, Al is someone that strives to make sure everything perfectly in place. That was one thing that he struggled with when he was partnered with Keith. He was the opposite of perfection. From his mannerism to the way he doubted the way the system worked, everything the man does jarred against the way he likes to have things done. Although one to join in conversations for formalities and being polite, he is someone that rather be left alone with his books than hanging out with friends.

Al is much more in tune with other people's feelings and such and has a much softer side to himself compared to Keith but is often thought of as being cold due to his quiet, businesslike front that he carries himself with. He can be quite sarcastic and just like Keith, he is also someone that isn't afraid to tell others what his thoughts are but isn't as forthcoming as Keith's rash nature. Although he doesn't like to show it as much and can be quite good at keeping it hidden, he can be a bit dependent on his partner due to his introvert nature.

• XI: History

Even in his earliest memories Al could only remember the Asylum. It was said that his mother worked for A.M.R.O but instead of settling down after having a child, gave him up to live his life at Innocence. Very few people knows who his mother is, much less his father, and given just a first name by his mother he lived a life with a John Doe's last name. In school he did well. Although not at the top of his class he wasn't one to rebel and was one to follow the rules perfectly, if not almost to the point of being anal. This was one reason he assumed he was partnered with the Sheriff since the man was a bit of an outlier compared to most people that joined A.M.R.O.

• XII: Other

He's been tested for OCD but came back with negative results. Keith thinks that the test was rigged or gave a false negative.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Fox of Hearts
It's only four options, none of which can be used simultaneously, save the reaction time. Either he can see very far, he can see what someone else sees, or he can mess with someone/everyone else's sight.

@Kirra Ooh, a beasttamer! Nice. ^.^ Very interesting idea for alchemy there.

@Vonz would Sparks' computer count as a weapon, or can I let him have a whip? I've decided that I'd like to use that if I can, since stunning will wear off.

Thank you! I'm excited to see how things go with the duo as well as how everything goes in this roleplay.

No the computer would not really be classified as a weapon, so yes you can use a whip. Not to mention I love to see how you will utilize it. =P

Also let me explain a few details of the mission you guys have received, to make things easier.

------Xx--------xx------
Official A.M.R.O Letter
Content: To be destroyed afterwards​

As you may all know, the rogue rebellion is growing. Various factions have come to light, some that seek a passive approach where as others that show a greater fervor in their dislike of our organization. Though if we were to assess the threat probability, there are only a handful of factions that can pose a moderate threat to A.M.R.O.

"Cirque du Folie" is a crucial player in that list. While they have not provoked A.M.R.O, they hold significance in that they are able to avoid A.M.R.O's detection, a feat near impossible. We have several hypothesis as to how this may have been achieved and each conclusion justifies our concerns.

Some of our finest Hunters were dispatched four months ago in order to locate and observe this growing concern, however they have gone dark.

We have received intelligence that the Circus will be arriving at Vegas, this mission's importance is not to be underestimated. Chrono number six and her partner have been stationed at Las Vegas, yours teams are to randevouz with them and contain this situation.

Regards,

-XI-

------Xx--------xx------​

• I: Personal Information
      Name: Francis Douglass
      Team Title: Liege
      Official Title: Malord
      ----------- AMRO Stats -----------
      Specialty: Sniffer
      Code: LXVI (66)
      Position of Tattoo: Tatooed on the back of his left ankle

Alch-Specs: Sleeper manipulation (Malord can invade a sleeper's dreams and even keep someone asleep once he's placed a rune on them or on whatever they are sleeping on)
      Alchemic Style: Sigillum (Primary); Vocum (Secondary)

• II: Weapons:

Walter PPK: Malord carries a small low-calibre pistol for the not-so-rare spat that might spring up in a hallway where discretion and manoeuvrability should rule the day. The ammunition (4 mags of 8 shots each) is coated in anti-alchemic substance, of course. The whole thing fits discretely in a hidden pocket in his suit jacket.

Deadly cane: Malord carries a cane that conceals a hidden blade about 3 feet long. The end of the blade can be extended through the end of the cane even while sheathed, providing a discreet method to inject anti-alchemic substance into a target or perhaps a more-deadly poison.

The YoYo: Malord carries a slim, heavy, all-metal yoyo in one of his jacket pockets. The chord is reinforced to handle everything from the weight of the tool itself to scissors and bladed weapons. Not only can he use the tool to induce a hypnotic trance, but he's also highly skilled using it as an actual weapon; the weight on the end makes it deadly and it has considerable range and flexibility.

• III: Appearance

Malord isn't physically unusual: he stands just a centimeter under six foot, and his face is a bit charming and boyish, but not really anything special. The way that he holds himself is special though; he styles himself and carries himself as if he's a someone, and it tends to make people see him that way. He's a bit on the slim side, but with the requisite muscle mass to do his job.

He combs his dark hair from a side part over the top of his head to the left, and keeps it greased enough that it stays that way. His pale skin contrasts with it, and his dark lashes help bring out somewhat-dull blue eyes. He keeps an acceptable rugged covering of stubble that's never too out of line.

Malord likes to think of himself as a sort of real-life Bond. You'll never find him not dressed to the Ts, always with a perfectly unwrinkled black tuxedo with a splash of color provided by a tasteful tie and perhaps a flower in his breast pocket. When he thinks that it would provide a suitable amount of dignity to his appearance, he even accessorizes with a pair of discreet glasses.

• IV: Personality

Malord is something of a poser; if something seems cool, or he gets a chance to pose heroicly, he's going to take it. He's far too fond of spy tropes and trying to live them out in real life, and it makes it seem like he doesn't take his job very seriously. That's helped along by his pleasant manner and his general easy-going attitude toward everything that "doesn't matter."

Malord is a sop when it comes to Malady; he's bent securely around her pinky finger, and anything she wants and he can do, he's willing. She often keeps him in line when he gets too silly.

When he's busy, though, Malord is focused and serious as can be; one mistake might give him away, and he's much too good at what he does to let such a thing happen. He tends to work in solitude, though, so most don't get to know about his more serious side.

• V: History

Francis is one of those asylum children with a less-interesting history; his parents were an AMRO asylum team, so his abilities were found and cultivated from an early age. As an intelligent individual, he had no problem with the coursework, and so entered the field as soon as was allowed.

There, he lived in the mire of mediocrity; Francis performed decently, but no better. That is, until he met Malady. Her power, deadliness, and worldliness entranced him, and for her, he was willing to put his all into becoming just as strong as she, so that he could earn the right to stand on even ground with her. It helped that her power made utilizing his own speciality so much easier.

Someone higher up noticed his devotion to Malady, and partnered the two. Since, they've proved a particularly-effective duo for uncovering secrets and providing valuable intel. Their detective agency has helped in covering up many an asylum's indiscretion.

• VI: Others

Malord tends to be quite tired and nocturnal. His specific alchemy requires him to be awake at night, so it's not unusual to find him keeping vigil at horrible hours, sometimes many nights in a row if he's working on a particularly-sane target.

• VII: Personal Information
      Name: Christine Rustmoth
      Team Title: Liege
      Official Title: Malady
      ----------- AMRO Stats -----------
      Specialty: Sniffer
      Code: LXXII
      Position of Tattoo: Tatooed in the small of her back, right under the shoulder blades

Alch-Specs: Smell control (Yes, she controls how she smells; she can change her scent from the sweetest pheromone to potent airborne toxins with just a few words)
      Alchemic Style: Vocum (Primary); Motem (Secondary)

• VIII: Weapons:

(2) 6" 6-shot revolvers: Malady is a fan of these two custom-made pieces, preferring their simplicity to anything else when they'll make due. She's well-practiced with them, and can achieve a startling fire rate with one of them at a time. She's fond of trick shots and showing off by spinning and throwing the weapons, if someone asks for a show. The .357 ammo (15 quick-load strips of 6 shots each) is all made with an anti-alchemical coating, so they're plenty effective against her normal targets, though she's actually shot very few people with them. She keeps the revolvers in two inner pockets in her trench coat.

(1) Fully-polyester FN P90: For when a larger stream of bullets is necessary, Malady pulls out the PDW and can fill a hallway with suppressing fire perhaps a bit surprising for a weapon of its size. Whereas she's quite open about carrying the revolvers, she keeps the PDW hidden in a back holster; its slim profile allows it to hide under her ever-present trench cloak. Of course it is outfitted the the proper anti-alchemist ammo. She carries one spare mag for the weapon, bringing her ammo capacity to 100 rounds.

Herself: Malady is an extremely competent hand-to-hand fighter, thrilling in the speed and competition of a well-matched fight. Her style is fast and strong, focusing on meeting oncoming attacks with perfectly-aimed counters and blocks. She's not the most mobile or flashy fighter, but she's beaten down plenty who relied more on flash than substance.

• IX: Appearance

Malady isn't really someone who leaps out at you; she more has something of the girl-next-door look. She's somewhat commonplace looking, but well put-together in a way that makes her seem more appealing the longer that one inspects her. Her ability to control her pheromones likely helps with that.

Her skin is light and her curly hair dark. Her hair reaches beyond her shoulders a bit, but she often keeps it in an unsymmetrical updo. It frames her oval face in a way that she makes sure is always pleasing.

Malady is only 5'3", but weighs in at 135 points, with well-maintained muscles; she lifts, and it shows. She dresses tastefully to accent her wide hips, and always wears a red claf-length trench coat over her ensemble.

• X: Personality

Malady is quick-witted and forthright. She's strong-willed and opinionated, and completely willing to take control of a situation if she disagrees with how it's being handled.

Her independent nature has gotten her into a fair bit of trouble with management, though her track record shows perfect results. By this point, they've largely released her reigns and now let her roam free to do things her own way, and that's how she likes it. People who get in her way are politely asked to remove themselves, and then less politely encouraged until she gets her way. Of course, she has Malord's full support in whatever she does.

Malady can be pleasant and sweet, though. While her life has hardened her a bit, she still enjoys talking with people about this or that.

Malady will often change her personality as she sees fit for a mission, though. A target might see a flirtatious, sexy, chatty, desirable Malady, and while she is all of those things to some extent, it's mostly a show to get what she wants. She's a manipulative femme fatale to Malord's Bond, if Bond had ever been seduced by one of them and switched over to her side.

• XI: History

Unlike Malord, Christine didn't have the privilege of birth into a steady AMRO-supported family. She started out in the resistance, a loose federation of various rogue groups who actively tried to thwart AMRO; that didn't last very long, though. Faced by AMRO's greater numbers, superior casters, and better training, the resistance shrunk from loss after loss as they doggedly tried, and failed, to make a dent. As was expected of her, Christine fought with her friends and family, using her naturally more-powerful alchemy to become something of an elite unit among her people, even at a young age.

At thirteen, an AMRO strike force managed to take the headquarters where she was stationed. When faced with the choice of joining AMRO or dying, Malady joined, of course; she held no real loyalty to the resistance nor hatred for AMRO, as she'd always considered her parents something of idiots.

At eighteen, she graduated and began her field work, and soon after was partnered with Malord.

• XII: Other

Malady is a bit more vain than she lets on, and won't go out unless she's dressed in good condition; she can even get grumpy when her appearance is messed up on a mission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Vonz! =D I shall throw up a post soonish. Probably today or tomorrow depending on my schedule. Bleah I had a slight relapse last night and landed up curled in bed until this afternoon. Now finishing my office assignments for today. That said...

Are @Kirra and @Kiddo good to go? <3

Also! Come on guys. Let's get the party started. Calling everyone. @Limeypanda. Only @shylarah has posted.

ANNNND.... Guys we have one more person joining.

Give a warm welcome to @MelodiousLime! M.Lime (new nick to avoid clashing with Limey?) has some exciting powers planned. =P Shan't spoil you guys.

PS: KIDDO! O_O I keep thinking of Francis as James Bond. Would that make Christine Tracey? The only Bond girl to marry agent 007. Haha

Last edited:
*falls in through an interdimensional gateway*
A quick reminder that I'm still around lol XD I've been away from home and had barely any Internet access, but that doesn't mean I haven't been stalking about for one or two minutes a day. This role-play has settled in quite nicely. Hopefully, I can get in my two boys's sheets in by Saturday.

In the meantime, though, I would like to ask a small question. Doesn't Malady's power come into conflict with the banned powers? Changing one's scent involves changes on the molecular and celular levels. I would gladly go into detail, but I am currently on my phone and will likely go into the zoology lecture soon, thus my time is limited.

Please, excuse any mistakes you may find here. At present, I am on my phone and the possibility of making a mistake is higher than average.

If that's how the GMs want to interpret that rule, then yes I suppose that Malady's power is against it. However, I don't think that they would have any problem with this power, so I guess we'll see.

@Kiddo ooh, nice powers! I think scent control is probably fine. And when you come down to it, any alchemy is a molecular change. Even transmuting lead to gold requires a molecular change, because they're different elements. I thought asylums graduated at 18, though? You say Christine graduated at 16.

Last edited: