Chrono Asylum: Prelude to Madness (OOC/Sign up)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
That is what happens to me when I'm dead tired at night, yet stubbornly wish to post, since I wouldn't be able to sleep soundly if I didn't XD As I said, I am going to change the ending today when I get home ( approximately after 4 hours ). Last night my mind had halfway shut down and randomly remembered that old joke, so I wrote it down and called it a night X3 However, you have to note that nowhere in my post did I mention them hearing the Chrono, thus you may assume that Rio remembered that gag as well and decided to shout it out. Still, I'll make the ending a bit more comprehensible later today.

When it comes to Rio knowing that the people in the car are team Stormbreaker, that concerns a topic I would like to bring up again.
As I have mentioned in his character sheet, Rio's glasses are a lot like Google glass only with more options to them and without the silly mandatory voice activation. They are a handy device used for tracking by hunters. I made them as such before the idea of Inbook came along. Since it's now clear that A.M.R.O. has its own network, it wouldn't be absurd to say that a toy made by A.M.R.O. had access to P.A.N.T.E.R., as I have called it. The glasses do not break the rule of asylums not being able to use the social services of the network while they're on the job, because, while he can sed the information popping up, Rio can not browse through their Inbook accounts or use his account at all. The information is merely being displayed. What kind of information it is depends on what others have put up on their "pop-up bubbles"/first page profiles. In any case, it would definitely not be much or too revealing. The team's name, team member names, numbers, etc. While it doesn't have a zoom in and out option, pop-ups will appear in aspecific radius. That is how he figured out who was in the car he could see in the distance. I must admit that I thought Bits and Spark were a lot closer to Rio than in actuality, though.

Indeed, I took the matter into my own hands and if anyone has been left offended by it, I apologize.
@Vonz If you do not fancy this, Vonz, I am willing to edit. Could you send me your Skype name via PM, please?

PS: I am using my phone, so please excuse any mistakes you may see here.

Okay to clear my own confusion. What exactly is P.A.N.T.E.R? I only remember discussing an Outbook and Inbook. I'd appreciate it if someone clarified. <3

Also, Headphones, we never agreed to set-up Inbook yet. So yeah, right now we shall have to wait for @Vonz.

Okay I misunderstood your post initially.

@Headphones while I am fine with him having a Google glasses like spectacles. I don't think I am comfortable with him being able to spot and identify other Asylums. That would entail you having access to the closed Network or having sensitive info stored in your device. Given AMRO's level of security it makes absolutely no sense. At the most they could have done is zoom in and see Shy's chars' faces. And id them if there was some past history between the teams e.g. going on a prior mission together.

[Info: I think having info about the surroundings is okay if it's like a city. Getting information about things in far flung places e.g. under the sea or in the Amazon forest may be pushing it. Just a warning. =) Sorry!]

My understanding of a closed network is that once you step out, all info is cut. Files, documents everything. You can only store the highly encrypted info if you got permission. I doubt they would have downloaded the profiles because your team has no clue who is going to be there. =P

Last edited:
As far as the outlook idea is concerned. It is viable but only within AMRO hq. AMRO will not have details available via Internet. It's data will only be available within its bases. You can read up on the available data, there and only there.

If there is a necessity to share mission data, or a change in a plan occurs or target a specific rogue. That information can be shared via telepathy By the higher ups.

So as far as the Google glasses type mechanism goes, it will not be able to identify random or new Asylums. Fact is your teams were only told to meet up with Ante Mortem, details on other Asylums wasn't given.

@Headphones Ah, I didn't notice the augmented reality device. That makes more sense. Ryver's concerns are valid, though. However, @Kumbaya, I imagine he can bring up satellite pics of the area even in remote locations, and probably google maps as well. But yeah, I'd think that the only people the glasses might recognize are highly wanted criminals, alchemist or otherwise?

Thanks for the cookie!

A touch late, but Headphones, but which of the Slavics is that? I'm taking Russian and if you're trying to do specifically Russian you got a few things off. I'm thinking Ukranian, да?

A little. I'm only in Russian 2 in school, but I can hold a basic conversation.

For example, an introduction:

Привет. Меня зовут Томас МкТавиш. Мне шестнадсать лет, и Я есть два бутерброды. Kто вы?
(Hi. My name is Thomas McTavish. I am 16 years old, and I have two sandwiches. Who are you?)

A touch late, but Headphones, but which of the Slavics is that? I'm taking Russian and if you're trying to do specifically Russian you got a few things off. I'm thinking Ukranian, да?
Посрамих се, но достойно...

I had the feeling I would get something wrong, even though I've been studying Russian for the past 3-4 years or so XD
By mother tongue is Bulgarian, which is and is not slavic depending on which theory you support regarding the whole "slavic" thing, but it's best that we don't touch that topic, because who knows where this thread might end up if we do XD
I feel confident about what I have thus far written, but if you have anything you wish to point out, please, do so. =3

PS: "Кто вы" sounds a bit rude, so it's always best to say "Как тебя зовут?" or "А вы?"
PSS: Edits have been made =3 I'm still not too sure about the size of the cloud, but hopefully this will do.

Ah, the Bulgarian might have a bit to do with it. Then, you might be studying a different dialect that I. Or something.

As for the "кто вы?" over "Как тебя зовут?", I'm in the middle of writing Taipan and I think I'm still half-IC over here. XD

I'm saying Taipan can be a prick

@Thomas McTavish *giggles at the IC/OOC slip, because she knows that feeling* And cool. I can't even ready Cyrillic. I want to. I can read Hebrew, though.

I can't read any Hebrew.

I remember once wanting to learn Yiddish just because no one where I live would know what I was saying. XD Switched it to Russian, now the only people who know what I'm saying when I speak it are kids in Russian, too. Everyone else gets confused. XD

On another note, is it night or day right now, IC? I can't really tell and I need to know.

@Thomas McTavish
A little late with saying this, but better late than never XD

It's definitely close to midnight IC, seeing as I wrote that the Voodoo Lounge is still open and it's not even close to closing time.

Also, you actually have a mistake there X3
Мне шестнадсать лет, и Я есть два бутерброды.
"У меня есть два бутерброды." - I have two sandwiches.
And don't put a come there. It's weird ^^

Ah, my bad. Still learning. At least I'm a lot better than most of the kids in my class, who are literally there just because two years of at least one language is required to graduate here.

Heads up! Someone just changed their avatar and name again XD
Nice post, Kirra =3

Reactions: Fox of Hearts
>=D It seems no one is coming to the Prodigy.........then the prodigy will come to you...all >=D

I shall post soon.