Chrono Asylum: Prelude to Madness (OOC/Sign up)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I already brought teleportation up with the GMs, and apparently there's something to stop us from grabbing it when we do so, though it sounded like it was more of a surprise than something they want us to know about going into this.

@Kiddo Something stopping teleportation from working, or from being able to grab the birdy after teleporting? If the latter, how long until that "wears off", because I don't see taking an Asylum out of the game completely just for using a logical method as very fair.
@Vonz

Lovely posts Kirra, Shy and Ryv. These were a treat to read ^.^ And yes Ryv you don't have to post xD

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post I have been terribly sick for the past weeks, doctors are assuming its typhoid. Regardless I will have a post as soon as possible.

Just one additional information, in order to cast sigillum you must draw it where it can be drawn. Such as paper, or rock a stable source. Air is extremely unstable and even in stillness casting sigillum in air is a task that requires exceptional skill with the downfall of lowering precision. The problem here is, Reri has the wind in frenzy so that would be near impossible.

Addressing the problem around teleportation. Well there are two reasons why that would be difficult. First it will be considered dishonorable or cowardly to take it by teleporting. And if say an Asylum does try. Chrono's can often destabilize the alchemic energy around them for brief intervals by releasing high amounts of alchemic energy of their own. So if an Asylum does teleport, it would take a mele second for a Chrono to drop him/her mid teleport. Teleportation can often be sensed before it happens so that is another fact, the Chrono will know exactly when to ground you.

Trained Asylums who have some years under their belt can also perform this to a lesser extent against rogue alchemists. Say if a rogue alchemist is attempting to flee via teleportation, an Asylum can unleash his/her alchemic pressure to de-stabilize the alchemy for said rogue for few seconds. However this will be restricted to one or two rogues. Again this is considered an advanced art, often discovered and not taught.

Finally I want to know who wants to put their characters in peril and in return reap some amusing rewards. =P

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: Fox of Hearts
@Vonz Ah, I see. Thank you. Unfortunately, this means that part of Bits' strategy up to this point no longer fits her character, but I'm not going to go back and edit. I'll just mark it up to early rp wobbles. ^.^ I will edit how Sparks does his cast, though.

Also I hope you feel better soon.

EDIT: Okay, tweaked it. Please tell me if that would work. Also, the pair are currently inside a shield, so the wind isn't quite as bad as it would be outside, at least up to near the end of my post.

Last edited:
Again you see the problem is that cast your are making is very advance and you are combining two alchemy techniques. That will have an immense recoil on an Asylum. To put it simply, after such a cast, while it will be very powerful. The Asylum who cast it will be bed ridden for a day. As I mentioned to craft a sigil on something that isn't solid requires exceptional skill. Non veteran Asylums may possess the latent skill but not practicality wise. Next combining two alchemic styles, magnifies the power but also the stress on the body and insanity.

This is 'overload' a term I use in my RPs. It allows less powerful character to access greater power but at a cost.

@Vonz Ah, I see. Hm, that makes Sigillum rather hard to implement, unless you carry pen and paper with you at all times. Or, oh oh! I know. ^.^ *goes to edit*

What's your inspiration when you write the alchemic attacks in CA? =P

I know I usually think of animes like Fullmetal Alchemist or Fairy Tail. How about you guys?

Any games/movies that are a great source of inspiration?

I think of FMA, but also Avatar. Sigils remind me of stuff I've read, thus the sketching symbols in the air (which I now know does not work).

No wonder things have been quiet here. I haven't been getting any notifications. Sorry about the absence everyone.

I hope that you start to feel better soon Vonz. Being sick is no fun.

I haven't seen FMA and haven't heard of Fairy Tail so I haven't been getting inspiration from either. Hmm, I don't really know where I got my inspiration. I guess just by reading Vonz's description and imagining what it would look like.

Huh this thread isn't sending notifications, how odd.

Regardless, sorry people, but I think that I'm going to drop this one.

I think it's fixed now. I've noticed that if you don't manually click on the notification it won't send you another and it must have been hidden in the pile of notifications I had.

Guess we are still waiting for Vonz? In the meantime would any of you want to discuss the possibilities for our fight scene?

It would help things go a little faster once his post is up...

@Kx'a I'm open for discussion.

For my team, Sparks is going to try to use sigillum to attack, since it's stronger. If electricity doesn't work, he'll try something else. Bits...doesn't like using her alchemy, and won't use her guns on a friend. She'll probably stick to the defensive, trying to counter the Prodigy's attacks.

Last edited:
Alright I have posted =D Sorry for the delay guys, I have been tackling problems with my health.

The suspense is building, no? >=D

Something much bigger is a foot.

Da da da dun.

Yes, healing falls under the general type of alchemy. Simply put every Asylum must be proficient in it. However alchemy can heal to a realistic degree. Say suture a wound shut to prevent bleeding, dull pain, reduce the wounds severity. Though things like regeneration are not possible with a mere level 3.

• Thank You
Reactions: shylarah
@Kirra @shylarah Okay, I know Shy has a post coming soon. Do you and Kirra wanna post first? I can wrap things up once your posts are up. If not, I can get something up by tomorrow. Please message me if you want more collabs.

I won't be able to get to it today so if you want to go ahead and get a post up, go right ahead. I should be able to tomorrow though.