Children of the Night

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raura was near the coffee shop which was beside her favorite book store. She stopped because the book store was open 24 hours. 'Hmm... I could go for a book. Maybe another on the different types of supernatural creatures. Many that usually read them don't realize that were really out there. Maybe it will give me more information of those I met tonight.' While she stood and thought she looked at the coffee shop. 'Maybe I'll go in there after I get a book. Hmm... Strange for once I feel like there someone in there that I met. I wonder if it's one of the vampires or maybe the one of the shape shifters? Maybe I'll find out after I get that book.' She went in to the bookstore.

Vance took his coffee from her and took a sip. He gave her a slight smile after tasting the coffee. It was actually quite delicious. "It's pretty good, thanks." He said "you know you don't always have to press me to do stuff. I'm fully capable of functioning on my own free will"

She rolled her eyes again. "I know that. But you can be pretty hard-headed at times" she told him as she took his hands and they went out of the shop. She looked about and they headed home.

Sebastian watched her arrive from the building across the street. He jumped off the roof and walked towards her with the bouqet of roses in hand. He checked his breath for the scent of blood but it carried none. He checked his watch, she was on time. She was proper, he liked that. So he didn't startle her, he shouted to her as he got closer.

"Hey, Beautiful! You actually came!" he smiled at her and when he got close enough he handed her the flowers.

"These are for you, miss."

Evangeline turned her head and smiled "Hey seb" looking around for Charlie she walked over to him "So what'd you wanna show me?" She gave him a goofy smile and rocked back and forth on her heels. She was extremely cautious right now as she could still sense Charlie. She turned her head to look down the street and then back to Sebastian. "Are these for me? Aw you sweetheart!" She took the roses and inhaled deeply, roses were her favorite and they smelled beautiful. "Roses are my favorites. How'd you know?" She asked and smiled at him. He was a gentleman, maybe this time she wouldn't play around with him. "Thank you" she said sweetly and hugged him. It felt dangerous, hugging something so dangerous it could rip her head off right this second, but she didn't pull away. She could feel her heart racing and she backed up. Smiling at him again.

Sebastian blushed as Evangeline hugged him. She seemed so.... comfortable around him. Regardless of the fact that he was a monster.
"It was my pleasure." he gave her a smile and then answered the question. "This building is special. Follow me." he walked up to the front of the building and pulled out his dagger. He lifted up his sleeve and sliced his arm open and let the blood pour into a small opening in the concrete right in front of the door. There was a slight clicking sound and the door opened to reveal a nightclub with a giant man standing guard at the front. "Walter, hold on to these flowers for this beautiful girl until we're done here." Sebastian ordered the man. "yeah boss, gotcha."

Sebastian then looked at Evangeline. "This is Sanctum, my night club, where all creatures may roam freely in a non-violent way. Come on in. The parties been waiting for us." Sebastian flashed her a warm smile. He then held out his hand, hoping she would take it.

Raura finally found the book she wanted or a least something close. And she got a new book of spells as well. "Hey Tom." She said to the cashier handing him her books. "Ah back again are we. Up late too I see." Tom replied smiling at Raura as he checked out the books. "Your totals is 20 bucks and fifty cent." "I figure it would be something like that." Raura reached into her pocket and pulled the money from her wallet. "There you are Tom oh and keep the change." "Thanks your to good to us Raura." "What can I say this is the best store in town." She said smiling and taking her new books from him. "Well see ya latter." "Yeah see ya." She walked out of the book store. 'Hu... I missed the two leave oh well that's fine. Hey what's up with the opening in the wall it wasn't there a minute ago. To think of it I've never seen it before.' She exam-end the area closely 'Hmm... Obviously the work of magic to keep it safe must be a sanctum in a way for people who are different like me. Must be crowded. I better not go to close or I'll probable gain a headache might as well prepare myself before I pass.' She focused on getting home and her books so that she wouldn't' accidentally hear any emotions or thoughts when she pasted for her past experience of a time when she walked into a bar and without thinking her powers were pretty much doing whatever they wanted. Okay now I ready.' She began to walk and once more felt like one of the people she met earlier was near hiding form someone.

Before Evangeline could grab Sebastian's hand Charlie's jealousy kicked in. He dropped down from only to morph back to his human form in mid-air. Once he landed he took a chance and yelled, "Don't touch my girlfriend..." he might as well have been struck dead right then and there. His face was extremely red. "I don't want any trouble....especially with a vampire, but I have to stand up for someone that I want back...very badly." he glimpsed at Evangeline with a worried look then back at the vampire. "I hurt her and I want to make up for it. I don't need you ruining my chances of getting her back. So please just...politely give her back. No violence needs to be involved."

Raura hear the out burst and turned her attention to them. She decided to stay a moment till she felt she could go past them with out being noticed.

Evangeline shivered as he sliced his arm and blood rushed from the open wound. Suddenly he opened the door to a giant man who took the flowers from her. She was suddenly very overwhelmed and then before her very eyes a nightclub was there but before she could go explore the nightclub her attention was drawn from one boy to another. As Charlie dropped down before her and started talking to Sebastian. "your girlfriend?! Charlie we haven't dated in 3 years!!" She couldn't decide if she was angry or happy or sad or anything. She looked at him angrily "give me back?! I'm not some trophy Charles" she crossed her arms angrily. "You.. You motherfucker.. Trying to kill me then running in here and following me! Tell me what you want or leave me alone" she stared into his eyes before looking away and grabbing her head. Her hair hanging in her face covered the tear the fell from her eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Look I'm sorry okay? I'm apologizing. See? I'm not too good at apologizing remember? I'm mustering up the strength to apologize, which is something I don't do. I care for you! I really do, I want you back, and yes you are a trophy okay? You're a trophy of a girlfriend. You're the Olympic gold baby! I made a mistake back then...and a couple hours ago, but I didn't realized I still loved you until tonight!" He dropped to his knees, not knowing he was going to poor out all of his emotions. "I'm here to fight for you-" shouldn't have said that, he thought to himself as he glanced at the vampire. "not physically, of course," he said giving a nervous laugh. He stood up and took a couple steps closer to her. "Just give me another chance."

Evangeline was speechless. "What do you want me to say.. All is forgiven we can live happily ever after again?" She shook her head "I just don't know.." She whispered as she hugged herself. He dropped to his knees before her and she couldn't breath. She looked back to Sebastian and then back to Charlie. Oh my god.. What's going on. She wanted to slap him and kiss his face off.

"I thought so." Nick said, allowing the amusement he felt to the surface, his lips curling into a smile as the shifter changed into a hawk and flew off. Laura, at least that's what Nick thought she said her name was, said something about going home. Maybe I should too... but this is too good to not follow up on. Nick shifted into his wolf form and used his enhanced sense of smell to keep track of and follow the shifter. He caught the scent of the Evangeline and Sebastian. Well, this aught to be interesting. Nick found a comfortable spot on the sidewalk nearby and watched as the situation unfolded.

It was as the shifter landed that Nick began to feel uneasy. Charlie is his name... good to know. Nick felt slightly guilty for the current dynamic of the situation... Maybe I shouldn't have pushed him that much... Maybe it should have just ended there. He walked into one of the nearby alleyways, continuing to listen to the events nearby. I hope everything turns out for the best... Nick curled up and thought about how he was a causing factor in the unfolding events.

'Pathetic maybe I shouldn't have bothered in there affairs but this is price less. Man I should probable go now...' She looked to see if she thought she could leave now but at the same time she was glued to the spot from curiosity.

Sebastian was going to lead her in when the hawk that was above transformed into a boy who looked to be about 17 or 18. Girlfriend? He called her his girlfriend. He stood there speechless. This was... more than awkward. Give her back? She wasn't an object and she didn't belong to him even if she were. The Doorman was about to intervene but Sebastian put his hand on his chest and told him to stand down. Like the shifter boy, Sebastian did not want a fight. When she exclamed that the two hadn't dated in three years he sighed. He looked at the boy and then back to Evangeline. "Wait.... This punk tried to kill you?" He asked Evangeline. "Hey kid, news flash, but her and I aren't together. We just met tonight, but you'd know that already because you've been spying on her since her and I first met. I won't intervene because I don't want her to be put in danger. But I swear if you so much as move a muscle the wrong way, I'll snap your neck." He looked back to Evangeline. "What would you like me to do? If you want, I'll leave you two alone." He secretly hoped she wouldn't tell him to leave. He didn't like nor trust this guy. And he really wanted to show her his surprise.

Last edited:
"You're so mean to me" Vance said as she took his hand and he followed her toward her house. As they were walking they passed a building and Vance's senses tensed up. He focused his energy and easily identified Sebastian; there were two more unknown presences. He could feel the tension amongst the three clearly and he debated with himself whether he should investigate. He quickly decided it wasn't his problem and continued walking with Scarlet. As he walked he reached out to Sebastian telepathically. "Making new friends I see." He spoke through telepathy as a small smile crept across his face. Maybe someone else would kill Sebastian before he could

Evangeline couldn't even tell what was happening around her. "I-I'm sorry.. gimme a minute.. or two" She managed to choke out before she ran off into the night. The darkness cloaked her in its safety as she rounded the corner and came to a halt. She slid down a wall and sat there. Breathing in and out softly and considering both options. Charlie, her handsome shape shifting ex boyfriend or the new mysterious vampire Sebastian. After a minute she walked back to both boys and did something quite odd. She kissed them both. First grabbing Sebastian and pulling him close to her, she met his lips and as quickly as it started it ended. Before Charlie could even react she leaned over and kissed him just as quickly. She then silently looked at both boys and thought about what she'd just done. What was that suppose to do again? She didn't really have time to feel anything in the kisses so she just kinda thought about what to do.

Sebastian let Evangeline walk off and was waiting for her to come back when Vance spoke to him telepathically. "Yeah man. I swear i mak enemies everywhere, sometimes I don't even have to try. Speaking of enemies, why are we hostile against each other? Do you believe that i'm anything like my brother? I've known you since you've first turned, hell, I taught you a lot of the shit you know. So what drives you to hate me so much?" Sebastian was waiting for a reply telepathically when Evangeline came around the corner and kissed him and held it for a few seconds and then she kissed the other boy. Sebastian was awestruck. He didn't know how to reply. usually he'd have some clever statement but he had nothing. He looked at the other boy and then asked him "Look I personally have no reason to impose violence of any kind right now. You might be able to fight a newborn but i'm an elder. You'd die. So let's just walk into this nightclub, dance and have a good time, and lose ourselves in the music. Whattya say?" he gave the boy a look of honesty and then looked at Evangeline for her approval.

Vance's anger began to rise in him but he did his best to hide it from scarlet. "Don't pull that bullshit with me. You know exactly why" Vance said telepathically. He then flashed an image of the healed stab wound on his chest into Sebastian's mind. "I trusted you and your brother, and you both left me to die." Vance's fangs dropped quickly cutting slightly into his tongue and filling his mouth with blood. He thought back to the days where he and Sebastian fought vampire hunters side by side. Vance remembered feeling a steel blade tear through his back and out his chest. He also remembered Sebastian and his brother disappearing into the darkness and evading the hunters as Vance bled nearly to death. "I would have fought to the death to get you out. You're a fucking traitor to me and your brother betrayed vampire kind as a whole. You are exactly like him" Vance's anger finally took over as he drove his fist deep into a tree, breaking a large portion of the trunk

Evangeline looked at Charlie "Give me some time.. please.." Sebastian was right. Evangeline nodded to him. "Let's do it" She glanced back at Charlie and asked "You coming?" before taking Sebastian's hand and walking into the night club. Evangeline had been in a nightclub once before but it was nothing compared to this. "Sebastian this is incredible!" she had to yell to him over the music. Supernatural creatures of all kind walked about with shots of vodka or beers or well anything that contained alcohol. The dance floor was filled with people and Evangeline couldn't help herself. "I'll be right back!" She yet again yelled to him and disappeared into the crowd. She wasn't really dressed to be in a club she still danced and didn't care. It felt incredible just to lose herself in the music and two hands appeared on her hips as a guy started dancing with her. She grinded on him a little and continued to dance until the song ended. She walked back though the crowd back to Sebastian sweaty and panting. "This is so much fun. Thank you!" She hugged him before pulling away.

Status
Not open for further replies.