Children of Royal Blood IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaklyn looked at Jared as he helped her to the seat and she immediately put her head down. She groaned loudly before pulling the cup of coffee over to her and drinking it all in a slightly disturbing time period of only a few seconds. She put the cup down and looked up at him "I... I am exhausted.. can you get me some hash browns and sausage.. I don't want to get up.. i am afraid I will fall over...." She said to him and propped her head up with one of her hands. Her red hair poured out over the table as she yawned. "I feel like hell.." She mumbled.

Rose carefully set aside the dress she was working on and headed down to the cafeteria. She had showered last night, so she didn't really need to do anything other than put on her shoes. As Rose scampered down the steps her mind wandered to the banquet the night before. Everything looked lovely, especially the people. All the boys in well cut suits and the ladies in beautiful evening gowns. It was surprisingly formal for a school banquet, but Rose enjoyed herself all the same, even if no one asked her to dance. She had just as much fun watching Miss Yamato and fair Miss Charlotte dance with various partners.

Rose entered the dining hall and scanned the area for Miss Yamato; it took her a few moments, but she finally spotted her mistress's red hair swallowing her head as she slumped on the table. Jaklyn's morning tribulations were always somewhat amusing to Rose, considering she never had trouble waking up in the morning, probably because she was so used to waking up so early.

"Good morning Miss Yamato," Rose chirped, tucking her skirt under her before sitting down next to the princess, "Did you sleep well?"

"You need to get to bed earlier next time" he said with a chuckle. Jared smiled and went ot grab the food that she had asked him to get, fixing up her plate and bringing it to her just as Rose had arrived. "Good morning Rose, did you enjoy yourself at the banquet?" he asked her as he set the plate down in front of Jackie, setting a new mug of coffee on his side since his was drained by the girl.

"Very much so! Though Miss Yamato accidentally ripped the hem on her dress so I'll have to fix that this weekend..." Rose said, tapping her finger to her chin, "Perhaps floor length dresses are not best suited for her... This has happened quite a lot after all..." Rose thought for a moment, staring off into space as she thought of the possibilities.
"Anyway, I do hope that there will be another soon, perhaps I could work up the courage to ask someone to dance rather than sitting by myself for most of the night!" Rose giggled, glancing over at Jaklyn, whose hair was everywhere, "Miss Yamato, would you like me to braid your hair for you?" Rose always kept hair ties on her wrist in case the princess needed assistance with her wild hair.

"I see. Well, I will be in my room, so I hope you enjoy the banquet." Avani and Charlie continued talking until both departed, Charlie to prepare and Avani to dispose of the remaining soup. As nervous as she been, Avani decided that the conversation had ultimately gone well. She went back to her room for the rest of the evening.

–Next Day–

Avani had fallen asleep at an earlier time than usual, perhaps due to the toll the previous day had taken on her, so she woke up about three hours earlier than usual. Her roommate was making a dress, which impressed Avani; she herself had not learned how to sow using anything but a machine. It had been surprising to learn that Rosalyn and the girl at the door were the same person, but she couldn't bring herself to talk about it. After Avani was finished getting ready, she exchanged succinct greetings with Rosalyn before leaving the room, unfortunately forgetting to turn off her alarm.

Unsure of what to do with her sudden free time, she decided to go for yet another walk. This took up about two hours of her time; she only stopped walking when her feet started getting sore. Finding herself back in front of the servant's dorm again, she sighed; she didn't exactly have any idea what to do. After trying another walk, she ended up in front of what appeared to be a training room, similar to the ones Jared often talked about. She had never been in one herself, but she could recognize it nonetheless.

Avani looked over the weapons. She didn't particularly feel like she needed knowledge involving the use of any of them, but they were still interesting in their own way. A few years ago, Raythar had invited her to practice swordplay with him, but the idea of holding a sword had made Avani skittish. They ended up compromising; they used fencing epees and techniques, and Avani had gained a fondness of fencing ever since. Fencing was mainly a game of the mind; gauge your opponent correctly and the likelihood that they'll beat you is low, unless they have also mastered it as well. She smiled at the memories.

Then she saw the time on the clock. She was late for yet another meal, but she wasn't too bothered by it. As long as she wasn't too late, and the clock said she wasn't, it was all right.

After a quick walk, she was back at the cafeteria. She decided upon a simple breakfast: a lightly buttered English muffin with Canadian bacon and fresh raspberries on the side. Finding an empty table, Avani sat alone and ate.

Cheyenne had became instantly jealous after seeing how her sister and Max had became really close, really fast. She quirked her lip up after she was fixing to respond to her sister questions until she left her side and went to sit with some lonely person. Cheyenne sighed and looked up at Max, shaking her head and getting up from her seated position. She went over and threw her trash away then proceeded to walk out of the cafeteria and into the main hall. Her head was lowered as she walked and she didn't pay any attention to her surroundings. She sat down on the bottom step with a sigh and leaned her head against the banister.

~The Next Day~
A female could seen bundled up in her sheets like a cocoon as she opened her eyes and sat up in her bed as if she was rising from the dead. Her hair was in a tangled mess and she looked really rough and her breath was horrible. She yawned then removed herself from her bed, trying to piece together the events from last night together. She remembered a dance with food and the only person she really danced with was her sister, Charlotte. She was very shy last night though and eventually ran away from the whole entire banquet.

It was devastating to her. She couldn't really bare it.

Cheyenne didn't bother to ask her roommate any questions this morning as she walked into the bathroom and did her usual routine of showering, moisturizing her face and brushing her teeth. She then proceeded by brushing her long locks of hair and tying it up into a high ponytail and applying makeup to her face. She emerged herself from the bathroom, wearing nothing but a bra and her undies as she went over to her closet, searching for something to wear.

She eventually decided on a blue shirt, black pants and her blue converses. She evaluated herself in the mirror then exited the room after fixing her bed back to the way it was. She walked down the stairs and went into the cafeteria and fixed herself a small bowl of nothing but various fruits.

Her eyes scanned the perimeter as she was looking for a place to sit. Her eyes fell upon the girl, who her sister was talking to that day, sitting alone once again. Cheyenne figured that it was time for herself to meet and greet people from other kingdoms as she huffed and walked over there and stood for a minute. Her lips pursued as she smiled. "Hey. Is any sitting here?" She asked sweetly as she then stammered. "I-I-If someone is, I understand." She rocked on the balls of her feet and awaited an answer.​

Logan waited a little while before shrugging and heading over to the cafeteria. Vince would just have to meet him there. He wondered over to line and picked out a bagel and a piece of fruit before glancing around. There were already a couple people here but he didn't want to interuppt their conversations. He picked went over to a table in the middle that nobody was sitting at and sat down slowly. Maybe he would be lucky and someone sat with him. He started munching on his food and glanced around.

Vince emerged from his shower, grumpy as ever and hair dripping with water. He looked like he was about to suck the soul out of someone to absorb their youth. Vince quickly got dressed, not bothering to pay attention to his clothing choices; thankfully he seemed to match on the outside (his socks were a different story.) He shook his wet hair before trudging down to the cafeteria for breakfast. He needed caffeine, and soon. He went through the line, grabbed the biggest cup of coffee he could find, and shuffled over to sit next to Logan.

Raythar got out of bed, put on a polo shirt and slacks, and headed down for breakfast. After grabbing an omelette with sausage, he looked for a place to sit. Seeing Avani sitting alone, he decided to join her. Nobody should have to eat alone, he thought, especially not one of his servants.

Jaklyn looked at Jared and smiled "Thank you.." She said quietly before beginning to eat slowly. The food filled her tiny stomach but also woke her up as she finished eating several minutes later. That was when Rose walked in and came over to her. "Yes, I actually did Rose.. I think I sipped a little to much wine.. Im a light weight.." She said before beginning to laugh. Jackie looked at him "I did go to sleep early.. I just cant wake up quick.. its a very drawn out process... I normally pass out about twelve times before I force myself to stumble around. I normally am completely awake around 10Am.. Then I don't go back to sleep until like eleven Pm." She said blatantly. "Oh, You know as much as I do rose.. my hair wont stay in the braids.. its like water... or fire.. it doesn't hold a true state." She said before waking up more and more. She saw other people coming in and looked around at them all.

Thankfully, Avani was slightly more prepared for someone to talk to her, so her flinch merely caused the raspberry on her fork to fall back onto her plate. She turned around to find someone who looked quite a bit like the girl from yesterday, though it was clear they were different people. This girl seemed shyer in a way, which certainly wasn't a bad thing. "No one is sitting there. Here, I'll get the chair for you." She figured it would be unfair to offer the chair to one person and not another.

Logan smiled at Vince when he came over. He had gotten up and gotten hot chocolate while he had been waiting so he sipped it slowly. "How did you sleep?" He asked and bit into his bagel. He had slept pretty well throughout the night, though he had woken up a few times but that was what had been expected. He put his cup down and leaned against the table. He liked mornings, especially before anyone else was awake and there was just silence. He ate about half of his bagel before taking out his phone. There were a few messages from some of the people that he had known in the castle so he replied to those quickly before glancing back up and taking a sip of his drink.

Dalton walked over to Logan and smiled "hey!" he bowed to logan and smiled brightly his hair slowly turned yellow as he smiled "sorry I'm kind of late wanted to explore the school and stuff like that" he looked over to the other person and smiled "oh this must be the body guard your father was talking about!" he stuck out his hand and smiled "Hi I'm Dalton nice to meet cha!"

Logan laughed and smiled back at Dalton "Hey, i didn't see you last night at the banquet and assumed that you must of fallen asleep. Yeah, this is Vince, he's a royal knight plus our bodyguard" He said, his eyes widening slightly, realizing he had forgotten to talk to Vince about Dalton he turned toward him quickly. "Dalton is a friend of mine from when i was young, I don't know if you ever met him but father made him a servant since the last one kept trying to steal jewels" He said and rolled his eyes slightly at the memory of that. He looked back up at Dalton "Why don't you go grab yourself some breakfast and the come sit down with us. It seems Lin is probably still asleep"

Vince grunted in reply to Logan's question. He hadn't had his second cup of coffee yet so words were pretty much impossible. He took a big gulp of his coffee and sighed. When Dalton arrived, Vincent didn't even notice until Dalton's hand intruded upon his personal space. He looked at the offending limb as if he was planning to rip it off its owner. Instead he just glared at it intently until it decided to go away. Don't hands have any respect for morning peace?

"Well, at least let me try!" Rose hummed, removing one of the hair ties around her wrist, "I've always been good with your hair." The small girl stood behind Jaklyn and combed her finger through the firey red hair. Miss Yamato had such lovely hair, much prettier than the boring brown curls on Rose's head. Rose hummed as she began braiding Jaklyn's hair, being very careful not to pull or tug at her mistress's hair.

Mason calmly walked up to Ray, but he first went to the breakfast line and got a cup of coffee, black, and a cold turkey sandwich with mustard, he ate it on the way to his seat, he sat next to raythar, layed his hand on his chest in fealty, then he drank his coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh not a shaker I see that's uh fine..." he laughed nervously and looked down clenching his teeth "yeah I think you are right Logan I should get some breakfast" Dalton walked away and walked to the line and tripped falling on his face he got up and looked around his hair turned green as he walked to the line. After a few minutes he came back with some coffee and a piece of toast with jam lightly spread on the top "so uh... How have you all been?" he looked down looked at Vince for a split second and took a small bite out of his toast his hair was still green and it slowly turned normal

Vince squinted at the boy's hair. Okay, maybe he was more tired than he thought....
"What the fuck is up with his hair?" he leaned over to Logan and asked while Dalton was getting breakfast, "You saw it too right? I'm not hallucinating, right?" Surely he couldn't be hallucinating; he only drank one glass of wine last night, despite Lin's attempts are persuasion.

Logan glanced over "hm? Oh he was struck by lighting when he was younger and so now his hair changes depending on his mood" he said with a shrug. He smiled when Damon came back over "we're good, vinny here isn't much of a morning person so he's not that happy right now but I swear he isn't always this crabby." Logan said and laughed quietly. "How have you been by the way? How are your siblings?" He asked excited to be able to talk to his old friend.

What? Lightning doesn't do that!! That's scientifically impossible! Well technically nothing is scientifically impossible just so highly improbable that the probability of it occurring is negligible.... Lightning doesn't do shit except fry you, despite what Marvel or DC claims. But if lightning wasn't the cause of the hair discoloration, which it obviously wasn't, then what was? Perhaps some form of perceptual magic? It was very, very rare, but certainly not impossible... This kid was hiding something, and Vincent was gonna find out what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.