Not open for further replies.
W

Wolfsbane706

Original poster
Back before countries ruled the land.
Back before technology took its hold.
Back before the world took shape.
Magic thrived.

City-states rule the land in this wild time. The largest of them all, Tristan, has a special group of magic knights referred to as Chaos Knights. These Knights have mastered the precarious yet powerful balance between Light and Darkness, and have learned to harness this dangerous magic in their fighting. The strongest and oldest of the Chaos Knights, those who have proved themselves in a Grand War, are referred to as Chaos Lords or Chaos Ladies. The ascension to Chaos Lord is a coveted position, one not given away lightly. Rarely, if ever, do Squire Knights ascend so soon after graduation, and yet with the upcoming Grand War against the city-state of Miranda, a group of friends seeks to do just that.

The players are taking the roles of the aforementioned group of recently-graduated Squire Knights desiring to prove themselves a little earlier than usual.​

So, that's the basic stuff.

Here are the finer points: Magic in this RP works off knowledge and innate power. To cast the spell, you have to know the name of the spell and the incantation that goes with it, though once you've memorized the incantation proper, you can do without if you're strong enough. For the most part, I don't mind you guys coming up with this stuff on your own (aside from a very specific few I've already done) but do try to limit it to light/darkness/mixed spells. Elemental Spells are Miranda's shtick

Anyway, the rules are pretty much what you'd expect. No god-modding, meta-gaming, etc. Killing off characters will be a thing, though not without player consent. I expect roughly a well-written paragraph and a half per post, but longer is encouraged as long as it's not mostly purple prose. Infighting probably won't be a thing. Probably.
Gender: (Let's keep things balanced if we can, but no preference here.)
Weapon of Choice: (One weapon per character, unless you can come up with a good excuse for it or it comes in a set)
"Secondary" Skill: (Basically, every character is going to have roughly the same skill level with the magic. The Secondary Skills are something unique to your character, either inherited or learned.)
Appearance: (Self explanatory. Either a picture or a well-written description. The outfit in the picture won't matter, as each Chaos Knight will be wearing the same uniform.)
Personality: (Self-explanatory, I should hope.)
Strengths: (What are they good at?)
Weaknesses: (What gives them pause?)
Background: (Some context information about who they are and why they're the way they are)
Other: (Anything else you feel like adding.)​

Last edited by a moderator:
gintama-gintama-hijikata.jpg

Name
:
Raze Antitheus

Weapon of Choice:
WhiteFang- A one handed silver sword that was once wielded by his Mother

"Secondary" skill :
Stratagist - Raze's ability allows him to quickly analyze the situation before executing his attack or defense .

Personality:
Raze is a very cold, callous, and dispassionate figure. His beliefs had caused him to mentally create a block for any emotion making him seem lifeless. Though he is known for showing no restraint in a fight even if it was just a spar , he is not particularly violent, and will only fight when provoked or ordered to by his superiors. But since joining the Chaos knights it has become harder for Raze to supress his emotions.

Strengths:
Along with being a young man that is physically fit , Raze is also very intelligent . He also possesses a feral cunning and has a knack for quickly exploiting any opening his opponent Reveals.

Weaknesses:
His fear of being considered weak has caused him to lack trust in his comrads . sometimes making it difficult to be paired with other squires.

Background:
Raze was born in a town that was north of the city of Tristan . His mother died at child birth leaving him in the care of a people who were close friends to Raze's parents. He was blessed to have two foster parents who loved him like he was there own . That was until His granfather had arrived at the town in search for his daughters child . Lord Antitheus
insisted that his grand son return with him to be with his real family .

Raze had no choice but to return with his grandfather. On the journey home Lord Antitheus explained who Raze really was .
He also explained that his mother was once a Chaos lady but was "weak" . Lord Antitheus made it clear that he would not make the same mistake with Raze. True to his word Lord Antitheus the day they arrived home he Ordered two of his guards to attack Raze with training swords . Raze was nearly beaten to death before Lord Antitheus ordered a few servents to take Raze to his room to tend to his wounds.

Day after day Raze was pit against two guards who showed no mercy towards him . After every match Lord Antitheus asked
" what do you want?" But any answer that Raze would give Lord Antitheus would not seem pleased. As Raze grew older he slowly started to fight back and eventually bested the two guards. for evey victory another guard was added into mix , two turned into three , three turned into six , wood turned into steel to the point that Raze was now facing off with all ten of Lord Antitheus guards .

On Raze's 18th birthday Lord Antitheus held a small tournament lureing any warriors and knights that lived in the surrounding area with the promise of a chance to win there weight in gold . All they had to do was defeat his grandson , it was doubled if they managed to kill him. There were 23 entries only 1 managed to escape with there life , that was only because he backed out after seeing what Raze had done to his last opponent.

" what do you want?" Lord Antitheus asked
" I....I do not want to be weak" Raze says looking lord Antitheus in the eyes . To Razes surprise he had finally herd his grandfather refer to him as Kin. Raze was then given a silver sword and was told that it was his mothers sword and finally revealed that she was a deserter and brought dishonor to the family name. Raze dropped to one knee and vowed he would regain the Honor that was once lost , and he would not make the same mistake his mothers made.

Seeing that Raze was finally ready, Lord Antitheus spoke the very same words that was spoken to Razes mother the day she left for Tristan.
" The oath you swear, the promises you make, they are yours alone. Your freedom will be the wars you wage. return to me when you have won your freedom " That was the last thing he had herd from his grandfather before joining the Chaos knights .

OTHER:
The question of why his mother left the Chaos Knights still bothers Raze, Since none of his superiors will tell him, he feels that if he becomes a Chaos Lord
He will get his answer.

( hope this Better)

Last edited:
gintama-gintama-hijikata.jpg

Name
:
Raze Antitheus

Weapon of Choice:
WhiteFang- A one handed silver sword that was once wielded by his Mother

"Secondary" skill :
Stratagist - Raze's ability allows him to quickly analyze the situation before executing his attack or defense .

Personality:
Raze is a very cold, callous, and dispassionate figure. His beliefs had caused him to mentally create a block for any emotion making him seem lifeless. Though he is known for showing no restraint in a fight even if it was just a spar , he is not particularly violent, and will only fight when provoked or ordered to by his superiors. But since joining the Chaos knights it has become harder for Raze to supress his emotions.

Strengths:
Along with being a young man that is physically fit , Raze is also very intelligent . He also possesses a feral cunning and has a knack for quickly exploiting any opening his opponent Reveals.

Weaknesses:
His fear of being considered weak has caused him to lack trust in his comrads . sometimes making it difficult to be paired with other squires.

Background:
Raze was born in a town that was north of the city of Tristan . His mother died at child birth leaving him in the care of a people who were close friends to Raze's parents. He was blessed to have two foster parents who loved him like he was there own . That was until His granfather had arrived at the town in search for his daughters child . Lord Antitheus
insisted that his grand son return with him to be with his real family .

Raze had no choice but to return with his grandfather. On the journey home Lord Antitheus explained who Raze really was .
He also explained that his mother was once a Chaos lady but was "weak" . Lord Antitheus made it clear that he would not make the same mistake with Raze. True to his word Lord Antitheus the day they arrived home he Ordered two of his guards to attack Raze with training swords . Raze was nearly beaten to death before Lord Antitheus ordered a few servents to take Raze to his room to tend to his wounds.

Day after day Raze was pit against two guards who showed no mercy towards him . After every match Lord Antitheus asked
" what do you want?" But any answer that Raze would give Lord Antitheus would not seem pleased. As Raze grew older he slowly started to fight back and eventually bested the two guards. for evey victory another guard was added into mix , two turned into three , three turned into six , wood turned into steel to the point that Raze was now facing off with all ten of Lord Antitheus guards .

On Raze's 18th birthday Lord Antitheus held a small tournament lureing any warriors and knights that lived in the surrounding area with the promise of a chance to win there weight in gold . All they had to do was defeat his grandson , it was doubled if they managed to kill him. There were 23 entries only 1 managed to escape with there life , that was only because he backed out after seeing what Raze had done to his last opponent.

" what do you want?" Lord Antitheus asked
" I....I do not want to be weak" Raze says looking lord Antitheus in the eyes . To Razes surprise he had finally herd his grandfather refer to him as Kin. Raze was then given a silver sword and was told that it was his mothers sword and finally revealed that she was a deserter and brought dishonor to the family name. Raze dropped to one knee and vowed he would regain the Honor that was once lost , and he would not make the same mistake his mothers made.

Seeing that Raze was finally ready, Lord Antitheus spoke the very same words that was spoken to Razes mother the day she left for Tristan.
" The oath you swear, the promises you make, they are yours alone. Your freedom will be the wars you wage. return to me when you have won your freedom " That was the last thing he had herd from his grandfather before joining the Chaos knights .

OTHER:
The question of why his mother left the Chaos Knights still bothers Raze, Since none of his superiors will tell him, he feels that if he becomes a Chaos Lord
He will get his answer.

( hope this Better)
His background doesn't sit right with me. It seems too "main character"-ish for what's going on in this RP.

g..... im sorry, i dont think i have ever made a charaters "BACKGROUND" that was not too " "main charater-ish " . ill just take that as 3rd strike and call it quits lol. i wish you luck for your RP

g..... im sorry, i dont think i have ever made a charaters "BACKGROUND" that was not too " "main charater-ish " . ill just take that as 3rd strike and call it quits lol. i wish you luck for your RP
The way it's written, it's as though he's got all this godlike skill and influence. Being nobility is fine. Most of the characters have that aspect. Being from a village outside Tristan is also fine, if a little odd. However, I draw the line at curb-stomping twenty-three other fighters, killing all but one, and being the adopted son of someone who could buy the village twice over. That is why I called your character out on being a poorly-adapted premade: if those "knights" were Chaos Knights and your character supposedly killed them with ease? Yeah, no. Not happening.

So, I was planning to let this die since nobody else got a skeleton up, but I think I'll go ahead and work on mine, see if I can't actually get this going properly.

I'm with you all the way on this idea. If you end up just wanting to reboot it in the future, I would still be interested in participating.

I'm with you all the way on this idea. If you end up just wanting to reboot it in the future, I would still be interested in participating.
Nice! By the way, did you ever get the details on your male character figured out?

Yeah, I figured out what I wanted for him, but refrained from making an actual CS since it seemed like we weren't getting any more players. I can go ahead and create him if you want though. Btw, banners definitely help to attract more people. Probably wanna pop up a new interest check too, maybe.

Reactions: Wolfsbane706
This still alive or? I mean im simply considering possibly joining so if I get an answer thatd be great

This still alive or? I mean im simply considering possibly joining so if I get an answer thatd be great
To be honest, I'm not sure. I was considering remaking it at a later date with a refinement or two (and a banner) but if all the players want to come back, I can get this going again.

You know you've got me, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.