Changing Skies

Ryethke groaned in protest, somehow knowing that doing so wasn't going to get her a kick in the ribs. Probably because she felt so warm and safe. Why did she have to wake up? Even the thought was a whine in her mind as she opened her eyes reluctantly, blinking. She immediately tensed when she realized she didn't recognize her surroundings, her entire body trembling with tension and on alert as she sat up swiftly in Syl's arms, the blood rushing to her head and making her vision swim black before it returned to normal and she let her eyes dart around, finding the exits and the people in the room.

Once she was aware that the group was still here, she wasn't in the limo and the children were fine, she calmed a bit - though, she didn't relax - and looked back at Syl. Her werewolf. Who was still here. It was okay...she was fine... Right...even SHE didn't believe herself.

Ryeth cleared her throat, searching for control. "What was that?" When the question was answered for her, she studied the man in the suit with a judging eye, but decided it wouldn't gain her anything to be difficult with him. She answered as factually as she'd done before with the group. "Those two, the blonds, their names are Seth and Noah. They're brothers, fourteen and eight and they're both gifted with Hydrokenetic abilities. The brunette is Andrew and he's ten. He's a telepath with some telekinetic abilities."

Her faded brown eyes flickered to the body in Alcmene's arms and she took a breath, willing her voice to not waver, not to show weakness. "The girl was called Marie. She has no family that she ever spoke of." Ryeth shifted uncomfortably in Sylvester's hold, hating the way it felt like she was being examined. Like an insect under the microscope. "My name is Ryethke. I'm a pryokenetic and a terrakenetic." She said the half-truth with a completely straight face. She didn't feel comfortable telling this man she was a Fae and she didn't feel that she should have to.

"Who are you?"

The man in the suit quickly sat behind a desk and started writing down what she was saying. Brothers needed to stick together and go to a hydrokinetic, the other to a telekinetic, and the girl's body needed to be cremated immediately, the car most likely cleaned. "I apologize for my rudeness, Miss Ryethke." He said, looking up from his papers. "I am Mr. Black." He sat back from the desk, elbows on the armrests of his chair, fiddling with the pen in his hands. "Marie will be given proper last rights and her body cremated so the Normals cannot exhume her remains and perform experiments on them. I think the brothers should be sent to Miss Doyle and the young Andrew should be taken to Mr. Pincer." He said, looking over at Ciro.

"Yes, sir." He said. He looked even more tired than he had before Ryethke had fallen asleep. He looked exhausted, like there was just no energy in his body. He was struggling hard to keep his eyes open and to pay attention.

"We will transport them first thing tomorrow night." Alcmene said, looking to be pretty much at full power herself. It was the night of the full moon. She was glowing softly, her wings out and folded behind her.

"Very good, Alcmene." He waved a hand and a shadow slid down a wall and slithered across the floor. It slid up Alcmene's legs, wrapped around the body of the girl, slid under the couch, and didn't come out the other side. He nodded and turned back to Ryethke. "Are you in control of your powers?"

"She has decided to go with Aiden for training. And I will be staying with her." He said, keeping his arms around her.

He narrowed his eyes slightly, as if putting two and two together. He nodded a little and looked over at Aiden. "And you have said you will take her?"

"At my house, yes." He yawned again. "First thing right after breakfast."

"Alright then...it looks like my job is done..." He stood up. "Unless you have any more questions..." He said, looking to the fae seated in her werewolf's lap.

Everything was happening so fast, but Ryeth figured she should be used to that today. The Fae thought about what she might say in that moment, if she did indeed have questions. Her eyes drifted to the forms of the sleeping children and she thought about asking whether she'd see them again, but then thought better of it. Of course she would. Even if she had to tear the city apart she'd see them again. She wasn't about to let her life be completely controlled by these people.

So that left Black's first question and then her own...

"I'm in control of my terrakinesis. Not my pryokinesis and yes, Sylvester and Aiden are right. They are letting me stay with them."

The Fae gave a brief smile to the two males in question and then looked back at Black. "Is there any way possible I might be able to shower...or get some clean clothes?"

He nodded. "Of course. We keep a change of clothes here for everyone, and some spare rooms. Usually they're needed after a mission. I can send a healer to you as well, if you would like."

"I can tend her wounds." In his war-form, his voice was little more than a growl, barely ineligible, but this group was used to figuring out what the young werewolf was trying to say. As a wolf he was about three, as a man he looked like he was in his late teens or early twenties. Maybe a little older, a little gruffer. A hard early twenties. "She is mine to care for."

"Very well. You may tend to your Fae as you see fit." He said with a nod, before looking around. "Are there any other questions?"

Ciro thumped to the floor, dead asleep, not even stirring at hitting the floor so hard.

"Can I take my brother to bed?"

"Yes...I think with that, everyone is dismissed...." He said, tilting his head and eying the unconscious man on the floor.

"Thank you." She said, standing and picking up her brother like he weighed nothing. She smiled. "I will see you all at breakfast in the morning. Good night." She turned and walked out the door.

Aiden stretched and got up, groaning. "Finally..." He walked over to the sleeping children and picked up the two brothers, leaving the last one for Emily.

Sylvester picked up his fae and walked out of the room with her and down the hall. "Sorry...about him..." He said, coughing a little. Talking was hard in this form. He hadn't quite mastered it yet. He stooped to avoid brushing his head against the ceiling, but still didn't change forms.

The hallway was white and sterile looking with doors on either side. It was very quiet, mostly because it was so late at night, and while it felt cold and sterile and quiet, it felt safe.

Ryeth blinked up at Sylvester, still trying to decide whether she should be worried about how Ciro had just....dropped like that. Then again, these people knew him better and didn't seem concerned....and he WAS the sun and it was night. Okay, maybe him suddenly being dead asleep wasn't that concerning. The Fae shook her head, smiling a bit up at the werewolf. "It's fine. I'm just....going to have to get used to the people here."

She had only about half-confident that she actually would, but with Syl carrying her, being so protective of her and everyone just accepting it, she felt like she had at least a chance of fitting in here...eventually. Ryeth gave a startled squeak - though, she'd never admit that it was one - as Syl suddenly put her down before a door. Assuming it was a bathroom, the Fae gave him a smile and slipped inside.

It was a simple enough bathroom and she soon had the water in the shower going. After letting the water run over her until the dirt and blood was gone - and damn that stung! - Ryeth stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel left on the toilet around herself. She was grateful to whoever had placed the brush and clean clothes on the sink while she was bathing - probably Syl - and focused first on her hair. It took nearly forty-five minutes just to get the worst of the tangles out and Ryethke felt like crying from the pain and frustration – she was just so freaking tired! - by the time she could run the brush through her hair smoothly. She cleaned the bristles out for about the tenth time and made a face at the amount of hair that came into her hand, throwing it away like she'd done the rest.

The bathroom mirror had defogged by this point and she finally looked at herself in it, tired brown eyes widening slightly at what they saw. Her skin was clean and her hair was wavy with humidity, but shimmered like it was supposed to, hanging down to her mid-back. Her freckles stood out more prominently now, but what drew Ryeth's eyes was how thin she'd gotten and how…..mature-looking. And then there were the bruises on her face and the blisters on her neck where the collar had been. Her body was covered in fresh cuts and scarred over lacerations, and her skin was a multitude of colors like blue, purple, black and yellow with bruising. The Fae turned slowly to view her back and winced at the mess it was, the recent lashings scabbed over fully and healing, but ugly nonetheless. Traders always did like to stick to tried and true methods of torture.

Ryeth took a deep breath, wincing as her ribs pulled and faced herself in the mirror again for a moment before shaking her head and moving on to the clothing. The Fae slipped on the undergarments and blue jean-shorts first before moving to the green tank top provided. The last item to go on her body was a white, quarter-sleeve shirt that was slightly ripped and hung off her right shoulder. Ryeth looked in the mirror again after dressing and while she wasn't really happy that the cuts on her legs and feet and the bruising on her shoulders, arms and face were exposed, she was nonetheless grateful for the cleanliness of the clothing.

She finally sighed and moved toward the door, opening it slowly before slipping out.

Syl had only left the doorway to grab the towel and the clothes, hurrying back and shifting to his human form in order to place them in the room without knocking things over and being intrusive.

Once everything was placed, he shifted down to the form he was born in, a wolf, and curled up in front of the door. He had been fairly surprised at the bond that formed between the two of them. It wasn't his usual attraction to people. That was for breeding purposes. This wasn't. This was like he had found someone to protect and that could protect him if he needed it. It was like finding what humans would consider a sister. He had been born in a zoo, in captivity, so this was all very new to him, his bond with the fae. All he knew was that he wanted to make her comfortable, make her feel safe.

And part of doing that was dozing off lightly outside the door. When he heard the water turn off, he lifted his head, but put it back down again when she didn't walk back out. He huffed a sigh and closed his eyes again, waiting and waiting and waiting. To him it truly seemed like forever. If he hadn't fallen asleep, he would worry that she was never going to come out.

When the door opened, he jumped up, wagging his tail happily. He nosed her hand and her hip, then sat down to look her over. He tilt his head, not liking to see all of her bruises and cuts and scars. He whimpered softly and stood up again. He nudged her hand once more, flipping it up with his nose until she put it on top of his head. With her hand there, he started walking down the hall again, stopping to sit outside another door. He hopped up and hit his front feet against it and went down to sit.

Aiden groaned and sat up out of the bed. It was about time...He got up and walked over, opening the door for the two of them. He glanced Ryethke up and down and smiled. "Well, you clean up nicely."

Sylvester let out a low growl.

"It's a compliment, ya mutt..." He muttered. "Come on in." He said, stepping out of the way and letting them both into what really looked like a plain-but-nice hotel room with two nice large beds. One was still made, the white sheets stretched tightly over the mattress, while the other one was disheveled from Aiden climbing in and out of it. Aiden himself was standing there, just in a pair of loose, blue plaid pajama pants. "Make yourself at home. I already claimed the first bed. Behind what looks like a window curtain over there is just a wall. We're about four stories underground. I think they try to make it a little more comfortable in here by putting the curtains up." He shrugged and walked back over to his bed, sitting down on it. He looked at her and smiled. "I didn't get a chance to talk to you in the car, but...we'll get a chance later. I'm bloody exhausted."

The wolf walked over to the other bed and stretched at the foot of it. He looked up at his fae, trying to decide which form she would most enjoy sleeping beside. He decided on the human one and shifted up, stretching again. "Oh god ****! I thought you were never going to get out of that shower..." He pulled the sheets back on the bed and climbed in, flopping down onto his back. Not having any notion of decency or modesty, he just sprawled there happily. "Mmm...bed's nice and cold...if you get hot, let me know, ok? I'll turn the thingy up and make it colder. Fire-butt makes things too hot when he sleeps sometimes."

Ryeth couldn't hold in a giggle and by that alone she knew she was completely wiped out. The Fae cleared her throat and glanced at Aiden from behind her red hair. "I'd like that. Thank you." Figuring he'd probably just go to sleep now since they'd woken him, she said nothing more and gingerly approached the bed, addressing her werewolf this time. "I'll be fine. I'm a pyro, too, Vester." She gave him a look, raising a brow as she let her fingers glide over the softness of the sheets, savoring the feeling. "And it wasn't the shower that took so long, dumby. It was the hair. I'll chop it off if that will please your muttiness." she informed him with a slightly snapped tone that really didn't carry all that much bite as the Fae finally climbed into the bed after a moment of hesitation.

As soon as her body hit the mattress she let out a moan of happiness, curling into the sheets and the pillow, reveling in a luxary she hadn't had for three years. Her eyelids suddenly felt incredibly droopy and she sighed out slowly, letting the tension in her body drain away. "Night, Mutt." she whispered it without even opening her eyes and drifted off peacefully enough. It was only a few hours later that the familiar dream came, though, just as it always did.

(dream) The day had been filled with white clouds and gentle wind, blue skies and the laughter of her people as they collected the harvest. The earth was there friend and it always yielded good things to them. Ryethke had never known a hungry winter and she loved the time of the harvest. It was a time of good weather and games, a time of celebrating…and it happened to be the day of her birth. This year was special, though. She was accepted as an adult within her Family this year and part of the celebrating would be in her honor.

That night she was twirled around the fire by many a Sidhe boy, her red hair – exotic to her kind and a sign of her human blood – whirling in a dance all its own as the laughter spilled from her lips and her feet moved to the thrumming beat of the drums.

It was the drums that had drowned out the attack. They'd come on them, the humans, without warning and without mercy. Gunshots rang out and the sound of an electric current burned through the air, humming ominously before it surged through the earth, making many of her people scream in agony, falling to the ground as the pain radiated from the ground into them. Ryethke felt the shock keenly, but not so strongly as those around her as she watched the humans start to round up those that still survived the destruction. There had been no time for the peaceful Sidhe to react. The attack had been too swift.

The Fae felt herself grabbed as she stared in terror at the destruction around her, at the dead scattered on the ground and one of the humans shouted words she didn't comprehend as she was dragged away from her kin, struggling against the arms that held her. NO! Why were they taking her?! What were they doing!? The rage, stunned until now, flared within her and Ryeth stopped struggling as her skin burst with flames and the human holding her let her go with a scream. She turned quickly then, intending to do as much damage as possible, but was met with a face-full of freezing water that put out the flames instantly. It stunned Ryeth. They'd KNOWN. How had they known about her fire gift?

She received no answer to the startled thought as she was grabbed again and this time something cold and yet burning at the same time was snapped around her neck. A collar. She snarled, fighting again, but when she reached for her power…it wasn't there. She froze again, eyes wide with fear. It was just gone…(dream)

Ryeth whimpered, tossing in her sleep as a sheen of sweat developed on her skin.

(this is a two-part post so she's not gonna wake yet)

Aiden crawled back under his own blankets when he saw everything was going to go smoothly with the fiery Sidhe. He yawned and was asleep again almost as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Sylvester nipped at her playfully with his dull, stupid human teeth. "Don't chop off your fur! I don't understand that one bit!" He sat up and watched her as she curled up into the blankets. He stared at her silently, unmoving, until he was sure she was asleep. When her breaths became shallow, he moved up to kneel beside her. He gently lifted the shirt up to look at her back, barely biting back a growl. If the ones who did this to her were not already dead, their end would come from him. He silently promised her that as he placed his hands over her wounds, starting with her back first. He shut his eyes, concentrating hard as he brought each wound out of her and into his own body. His skin cracked open, his ribs snapped, bruises popped up all over his body. His neck burned, his face swelled, he tasted blood.

None of this mattered to the young wolf. He healed faster than normal. Just as soon as the wounds appeared on him, the bruises faded. His skin started knitting back together. His ribs came back together and healed. When he was done, he was exhausted. He dropped down beside her, curling up around her again and holding her close to his bare chest. He would make sure she slept tonight.

He woke with a start as soon as she started fidgeting. He whimpered softly and watched her face and her movements. A nightmare. It was no surprise to him, really. She had been through so much and now she was safe. He would have been surprised if she didn't have a nightmare.

While she tossed and turned, he swaddled her in the blankets, constricting her movements so she didn't hurt herself. It should also have a bit of a calming effect on her as well. With that done, he pulled her into his lap, sitting in the middle of the bed, and held her against his chest. His voice cam low and soft, a deep rumble from his throat, as he started singing her an old lullaby he was taught by the elder that taught him how to control his shifting and the grief from his own lost family. He rocked her gently and sang to her softly in a tongue she would recognize, Wolf Tongue, as soft and slow and rolling and haunting as the forests upon the mountains.

(dream) She was broken out of her shock by cries of distress - and was that singing? That didn't belong in the dream... - and her dark brown eyes snapped forward to see her people had been rounded up, many of them looking like they'd been hit by lightning. Their skin was blackened in some places and their clothes appeared burned. The electric current had done this to them and Ryeth tried to break away from her captors to go to them, horrified, but was prevented once more by more than one pair of strong hands holding her arms....or were they comforting arms?

A human suddenly blocked her line of sight to the Sidhe. He appeared to be military of some sort and he looked down at her with disgust. "I would cease struggling if I were you. Your werewolves are dead and you can do nothing to help these people."

"Leave my family alone!"

"Oh, so you do claim to know these people? That is unfortunate…for them. Any person, human or otherwise, caught harboring an Abnormal will be sentenced to death. You would have done better to deny you even knew their names." With that chilling delivery, the man turned and gave a nod to someone Ryeth couldn't see. She saw what the result of the signal was though as the electric current was charged and released again. Not even the faint singing in the distance could drown out what happened next.

Her people fell and this time they didn't get up, but before they fell, they screamed and Ryethke screamed with them, the memory of their deaths burned into her mind forever.(dream)

She woke with the screams still ringing in her ears…and then only one high-pitched, terrified cry kept sounding and it only took her a moment to realize that the shrieking was coming from her. Ryeth stopped as suddenly as she'd started, shuddering and sobbing with as little sound as possible as she started to struggle to get away from whatever was keeping her confined, not thinking rationally in the least, and the fear and grief overwhelming everything else.

Syl held her tighter and let out a low, mournful howl. He pulled her into his chest, actually crying, seeing his Fae so upset. He was determined to keep rocking her until she calmed down, choking out his song through his own tears.

Aiden woke with a start at the screams and fumbled his way out of the bed, standing and looking around, flames surrounding his hands. Then he saw where the screams were coming from. He turned off his fire immediately and knelt at the side of the bed. He reached out, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Ryethke, you are awake now." He said firmly. "You are with us. You are safe. Sylvester has you. Nothing is going to hurt you here." He gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze. "You're fine. You're safe."

Sylvester just whimpered, nosing her ear and licking her cheek gently, even though he wasn't in his wolf form. It was the only thing he knew to do. He wanted desperately for her to stop crying and struggling. He needed for her to know she was ok, she was safe, she was with him...

The words slowly started to penetrated the Fae's terror-fogged mind and her eyes frantically flickered about in the dimness of the room, first resting on Aiden's calm if concerned face and then desperately searching for a another face, a familiar face... Ryeth found it as soon as she followed the choked singing and the moment her wet dark brown eyes connected with Sylvester's, she stopped whimpering and slowly stopped shaking so hard. She simply stared at him for a long minute, faintly realizing it had been him who'd been whimpering along with her and licking her face. It was her werewolf who held her safe in his arms. As soon as that knowledge sank into her mind, Ryeth collapsed against him, no longer fighting as she curled into his chest, seeking the safety he could give.

The tears continued to run down her face as she cried into his skin, but they were quieter now, tears of grief only and not of terror. And as she finally gave in to the comfort she could sense Sylvester desperately wanted to convey, Ryeth worked her arms free much more calmly - and surprisingly without any pain, which was puzzling - and let one of her hands stroke his arm and the wiry hair there. She was so used to comforting others, not worrying about how she might actually feel in order to take care of those around her that the words she spoke came almost calmly and without thought despite the fact that she couldn't stop the tears yet, nor the tremble in her limbs.

"I'm o-okay. It's all right, Mutt. I'm all right."

She glanced over at Aiden with an attempt at an apologetic smile that absolutely failed. "I'm sorry I woke you. I...I'm sorry..."

Sylvester whined softly into her neck and sighed. "Good...don't do that again..." He said softly, lifting his head finally. He gave her a soft smile and another hug, really not wanting to let her go.

Aiden shook his head. "Don't apologize. It's fine. It's still early enough in the night everyone can get some good rest in." He stood up and stretched, walking over to the dresser. "Sylvester, you should really put on pants..."

He huffed. "I don't need your stupid pants!" He hugged Ryeth tighter suddenly. "Don't let him make me put on pants!" He flopped back onto his back, taking his fae with him, not letting her out of his arms. "I don't need pants!"

He pulled out some pajama pants that matched his own and looked at Ryeth with a 'could you help me out?' sort of look. "Syl...come on...stop being a baby. I'm really tired and it isn't proper for humans to sleep like that with someone they aren't married to. Or at least dating. Mating with. How's that?"

"Sounds all well and good for you humans, but I'm not one. I'm a wolf. Wolves don't wear pants."

"Wolves also don't go around with their c-..." He sighed and just tossed the pants onto the bed. "Fine. I'm going back to bed..." He flopped down on his bed and rolled over so his back was to them.

Ryeth found herself chuckling by the end of their little argument and her body relaxed completely in Sylvester's hold. Her mind didn't forget the memories and she knew the dream wouldn't simply just go away and leave her system, but right now it was put in its place, pushed back and the Fae was beyond grateful to the two males in that moment for their banter. It was like they'd known she needed it and Ryeth gave a fond smile to both of them - well, Aiden's back anyway - not even caring that she technically should not feel this close to either of them, this trusting.

Ryeth wiggled in her werewolf's grip, huffing at him as she managed to get her arms under her and used them to prop herself up on his chest, her red hair falling over his shoulders and into his face before she pushed it back behind her shoulder with some manuevering. Her dark brown eyes looked at him sternly in the dark, knowing he could see her perfectly. "Vester, you really should put the pants on." She put a finger to his lips before he could protest, giving him an almost pleading look that she was unsure would actually work or not.

"I only ask because I know Seth will come looking for me in the morning and the other boys, too. I don't want them scarred for life just yet, okay?"

Perhaps putting it that way would help him accept it. Truthfully, the Fae wasn't bothered at all by his habits, but she COULD see the sense in making him comply with Aiden. Besides, it gave her something to focus on besides the lingering dream and the sadness that it wanted to send crashing down on her.

Sylvester whined and slid himself off of the bed, landing on his rear with a dull thud. "Fine..." He snatched the pants off of the bed and fell onto his back with his feet in the air to pull them on. "But know that I do this very begrudgingly! And I wouldn't do it for anyone else."

He stood up and pulled the pants up around his hips. He looked down at them, wrinkled his nose, and looked at her. "I don't understand changing fur...though, I can understand them being unhappy with the very little fur they are born with..." He looked down at himself. He was actually a pretty hairy human. He scratched at his chest and sighed. "It's so thin and cold...does nothing to protect from the elements."

He looked up at her and crawled back into bed, crawling on top of her to lightly pin her down. He bit playfully at her shoulder before rolling off and sitting up. "Do you feel better? I healed you while you slept." He said, folding his legs in front of him and holding onto his feet. He smiled at her before reaching up to scratch his chest again, then down to scratch at his pants. Pants were stupid....

Ryeth laughed softly, being sure not to wake Aiden, but feeling suddenly perfectly at ease, like the cares of the world, the past three years, her past...it all just faded away in this dark room, with her werewolf. It was just them, just the night, the bed, warmth, strange happiness. It was...wonderful and the Fae found herself wishing the morning wouldn't come, that it would never end. She knew it would, when light came, but for now, she was content and she would savor it.

At Sylvester's words she looked down at her arms and legs in surprise and then lifted her shirt, blinking in astonishment as she moved her back, twisting and pressing against her ribs. Nothing hurt! Wide, but pleased dark brown eyes looked up at her wolf and she grinned at him before flinging herself forward on impulse to hug him tightly. "Thank you. Thank you so much, my good wolf. You're a good wolf, Sylvester." she whispered in his ear, pulling back after a moment to smile brightly at him, unhindered by any sadness or wariness. It made her eyes shine with a radiance that had been missing for a long time and would probably disappear in the morning.

The Fae sat back, on her knees and reached forward to scratch his head behind his ear and then palmed his cheek, her thumb moving gently along his skin. "You are very special to me. You know that, don't you? You sense it. Do you understand why that is?" Perhaps it would be good to discuss this between them while they were alone...

Sylvester would have wagged his tail if he had it. Currently though, in that human form of his, he didn't and he hated it. Tails helped him express himself! Plus he had to take showers, being unable to clean himself properly. Being human wasn't his favorite thing in the world. BUT! Being told he was a good wolf instead of a bad dog, he just learned, was his new favorite thing in the world. Next to his fae.

He nuzzled into her hand and smiled up at her, just happily lying on his back, watching her face. He nodded at what she had to say. "Yeah. You're special to me too." He sat up again and reached out, touching her face as she had touched his. "I grew up in...in...they called it a zoo...I had my pack but there were always so many humans around. And I never had to hunt. Food was just...it was dropped in...but the Elder, White Back, he was an old wolf who had grown up in the wild and sired every member of the pack we had. He used to tell us stories of the Fae and the bonds between us...He said it was unusual for one to attach to one, but it did happen...And I will do my best to try and be a good wolf for you. I am sorry you are getting one from captivity...one who can barely hunt for himself...one as weak as I am..."

He hung his head and picked at his pants a little. He was just quietly ashamed of himself, frowning, almost pouting like a little kid, really.

Ryeth leaned into Sylvester's palm like he'd done to her, the instinct to do so natural. She listened to her wolf attentively, curious as to his background, his life before they'd met...well, today. She found her heart knitting to his even more closely at hearing he'd been in captivity, too. They were connected for a reason and the Fae was sure this was just one piece of the puzzle that had linked them.

She was pleased he knew something of the bond as it meant it wasn't scaring him or making him uncertain. She would have hated that. But when he started to berate himself she frowned and reached forward, taking his hand away from his pants, bringing his palm up to her chest, to press against her heart. Her eyes met his own, stern and yet affectionate all at once and holding an aura of strange wisdom that belonged to her Sidhe blood alone.

"Stop. You are MY wolf. You are a good wolf, a strong wolf. What you do not know, you can learn. I would have no other werewolf by my side." She smiled softly at him, keeping his hand on her heart as she reached forward to put her own free palm against his. "We are bonded now, connected and my heart is happy with YOU as my wolf. I am not smart or skilled or worthy of loyalty such as yours, but my heart is strong and it would not have linked to a weak wolf. You are the wolf I want and don't ever think differently."

Sylvester wiggled his rear a bit as if he had a tail and smiled. He leaned forward, licking at her face, mostly her jaw, a sign of submission in wolves. He smiled. "I'm glad you are happy with me." He said, moving in to hug her close again. "And I wouldn't care to be around someone not worthy of being bonded to a lycan." He smiled and flopped down on the bed on his back. He scratched his stomach and gave her a look that just begged for belly scratches.

Belly scratches always felt good, no matter what form he was in.

"You need to rest, now. Tomorrow is going to be a big day. A lot of goodbyes, but it doesn't sound like the pups are going too far. Maybe three miles away? Not too far. They are going to stay close. You will not miss them too much, but they should focus on their studies. As should you." He nodded. "I'm not going to let you not learn. Learning is important to survival for everyone."

Ryeth smiled fondly at him and shook her head, but laid at his side and scratched at his stomach as she rested her head on her other arm. Her body curled into his, seeking comfort as well as warmth and the Fae listened to him talk, his deep voice lulling her mind back into a sleepy state. Dark brown eyes blinked at his last sentence, though, and she gave the werewolf a smile, a different kind of smile that was almost savage in its intensity. It was an expression she knew he would understand and wouldn't be bothered by, nor would he mind the tone of her voice, almost growled.

"Oh, I am going to learn all I can. I will NEVER be helpless like that again."

She said it vehemently before laying her head down again, this time over Sylvester's heart, listening to the steady beat as she drifted off to sleep. Her last thought - about how Aiden might react to her actually being able to get the werewolf in pants - made her smile and when she started to dream again, it was of good things....like running with the wolves.

Sylvester gave a primal growl of his own, grinning at her. "I will help you become savage again, my fae. While Aiden teaches you to control yourself, I will teach you to defend yourself, to let loose and kill humans with wreck-less abandon." He snuggled her closer and sighed happily, his heart slowing as he drifted off to sleep himself.

The morning found him back in his wolf form, curled up against Ryethke however she was lying.

Aiden woke up and looked at the clock. 9. That wasn't too bad. No sun came through the room to disturb anyone, but that also made for a pretty dark room. Some light came through the crack under the door and using that, the pyrokenetic made his way to the en-suite bathroom for typical morning routine things. He flicked the bathroom light on and shut the door so he didn't disturb anyone else.

While he didn't disturb anyone else, a knock to the door would. Ciro always woke at sunrise feeling refreshed and energized for the day ahead. He hated being underground, but he'd tough it out for the safety of it all. "Good morning!" He called through the door, leaning against the door frame. "Rise and shine! The day started three whole hours ago! Breakfast is down at the cafeteria and it's still hot, but might not be for too much longer!"

Syl groaned and squirmed around in the bed, nosing his head under Ryethke's shoulder, trying to burrow under her. Stupid annoying sun...ruining nice comfortable sleep...