Changing Skies

Ryeth let out a soft oof when the werewolf climbed on her and she blinked up at him with wide eyes for a moment. "Well, do just make yourself at home. Lucky for you I actually like the smell of bloody dog and the weight of two hundred pounds on my chest." It was a mutter as she made no effort to get him off, unsure if she even could right now and instead focused on what was going on around her as her vision finally started to focus. Sure, it didn't help the weak feeling, or the pain, or the burning on her neck, but at least she could SEE who she was talking to and that was a relief.

She liked reliefs.

The Fae smiled a little at Seth who was still watching her, ready to accept whatever the red-head said as fact. "It's okay. They're the good guys. Go back to the others now, okay?" The little boy nodded, his blond curls bouncing as he crawled his way back to the other two boys who were slumped together, exhausted and looking like they'd fall asleep any minute. Ryeth kept an eye on them, not really ready to trust all this yet, but willing to let it progress as it would for now.

Her faded brown eyes looked toward the blond, sensing that out of everyone, he was probably the leader of this group right now. It was he who'd answered her questions. "The little girl. Her name was Marie. She was twelve." Ryeth willed her voice not to crack and looked toward the boys instead. "Their names are Seth, Andrew and Noah. Seth and Noah are brothers. They both control water and Andrew is a telepath with budding telekinesis."

She wasn't sure what more to say...well, except... "What are your names?"

Ciro nodded, reaching up and grabbing Sylvester by the scruff of his neck and pulling him down. "Get down. Bad dog!" He smirked and pushed the wolf into the corner. He himself stayed sitting on the ground. "I am Ciro. The other winged one is my sister, Alcmene. The wolf is Sylvester, the pyrokenetic is Aiden, and the blood-bender is Emily." He shifted. "We're part of a resistance, taking other Abnormals out of slavery and hopefully finding them before they're caught. Then we send them all to safe houses to be trained how to use their skills and how to hide them. Sylvester is a bad dog and wasn't trained very well."

He huffed and glared. Trained better than your sister...he thought, huffing again. He sat back down and looked over at the kids, making sure they were ok.

Alcmene sat down in her brother's lap and curled up against his chest. "I want to go home and get out of this stupid dress."

"Soon, Luna. Soon." He looked up at Ryeth. "So...who and what are you?" He asked. The car was a comfortable temperature, a little warm maybe, but that was all Ciro's doing. "Where are you from?"

Ryeth had made the smallest sound of protest when Syl was moved as she'd actually been reassured by his presence - it came with having grown up with a wolf pack near - but hadn't protested further, knowing it would look strange. She'd merely listened attentively to what was said, sitting up cautiously as her vision grew black along the edges and then steadied again, letting her know her body wasn't happy, but it would cooperate...for now. It was warning clearly that she shouldn't push it much further now, though, not when she was hiding a lot more damage than she let on.

The Fae realized her attention had started to drift - when was the last time she'd eaten? - when Ciro was suddenly asking about her and her defensive reflexes kicked in without conscious thought. Her body stiffened and she subtly shrank back into the seat without making it too obvious she thought. Ryeth avoided eye-contact with all of them like she could catch the plague by meeting their gazes.

"My name is Ryethke. The Trader already told you what I was and where I was from. Fire-bender, Scotland." As soon as she'd said it, Ryethke had the unfortunate memory of making the earth erupt just recently...in full view of this group and she groaned, putting her forehead on her palm, feeling her blood pound in her ears to the beat of the pain in her mind. Her voice was slightly muffled. "Yeah, I might have just a touch of Sidhe blood, too." Better to downplay, right?

"Why are you so defensive about it?" He asked, shifting in his spot on the floor. "You're safe here, Ryethke. They don't know what my sister an I are. They've said we are physical representations of the sun and the moon. I can't argue it. We were found as children and brought up in a safe house. We learned how to hide our wings and...mostly lay low...Luna has a bit of a problem with that. As ever-changing as the moon herself..."

She nodded, pulling a pair of keys out from her small purse. She moved over to Ryethke and gently touched her collar. She turned it carefully and started going through the keys on the keyring, looking for one that unlocked the collar. "Right now, I am fine. It is a full moon." She reminded her brother.

"A blood moon." Sylvester corrected, now sitting on the seat opposite everyone in his human form and a pair of sweat pants he had brought with him. "My faaaavorite kind of moon...so beautiful and bloody and...mmm...of course, I like your new moon self too." He grinned.

He shot Sylvester a glare. "Leave her alone..."

Ryeth had fought the urge to jerk away from Alcmene when the woman had touched the collar, knowing she needed help and had to cooperate to get it. Not exactly something she was fond of with strangers, but she'd make do. She forced herself to relax and let the moon-girl work, listening to the others talk with growing curiosity despite herself. Still, she gave Ciro a *look* at his first question, somewhere between sarcastic and angry, though...it really wasn't at him.

"I'm defensive about everything. It's a trait you learn when you've been a slave for three years." she bit out and then sighed, rubbing her temples. "Sorry. Not your fault. Thank you for helping me." Really, Ryeth? Biting the hand that rescued you? Brilliant move.

She hissed between her teeth softly as Alcmene continued to work, feeling the blistered skin under the metal more acutely. Seeking a distraction, she readily raised a brow at Sylvester, faded brown eyes warming just a little. "Careful there, mutt. I bite."

"So does Lulu, but it doesn't stop me." He smirked. "I bite back."

Ciro sighed. "Please stop making comments like that about my sister."

"So I shouldn't tell you what her and I did the last new moon? Right in an alley way, man...she just...woah..." He straightened when both twins gave him a look. He grinned and looked out the window. "So, Fae, have you been in America for that long? Three years?" He looked over at her again. "Or what?"

She went back to focusing on the task at hand. Finally, the collar popped off and she grinned. "Wonderful!" She moved over to the children to remove their collars as well, then tucked them up on the seat so they could be comfortable. They had a long drive ahead of them.

"Sorry about the mutt. Like I said, he isn't paper trained yet..."

All right, so this group didn't seem so bad. Strange and she wasn't ready to just trust them yet....but not that bad as far as people went...or at least...intelligent beings since they technically didn't count as humans anymore. But did that mean they weren't people? Good grief she was just making the headache worse.

Ryeth shook her head, both to clear it and at Ciro's words, a slight smile trying to form on her lips as she pulled her feet up under her and leaned back into the seat, fingers gingerly feeling the skin of her neck, skin she'd not felt in years. It seemed so strange to have the collar off, to FEEL her powers again, right there at her command...if she wasn't so exhausted. As it was, she let a trickle of flame wrap around her fingers, watching it with a ghost of a happy expression as she spoke.

"I don't mind. I grew up around wolves...a long time ago." Ryeth closed her fist, extinguishing the flames and looked up, meeting Sylvester's eyes and then looking away again, out the window. It was easier to act like she was talking to herself instead of people after all this time. "I've been in America six months. I've spent the last two and a half years before that being passed around from owner to owner, Trader to Trader. Apparently I'm more trouble than I'm worth."

She said the words with some pride, but bitterness, too before taking a breath and changing the subject very purposefully, faking a small smile. "So where are you taking us?"

"Mm...right back to my den." He said, shifting down to his wolf form again. He kicked out of the pants and walked across the limo, hopping up onto her seat. He laid down and put his head in her lap happily. Mmm. She smelled like fae...

Alcmene rolled her eyes at the werewolf and removed the collars from the children. "A safe house in the country. From there, we'll call our boss and let him know what types of Abnormals you are and you'll get assigned to different safe houses. The kids will get to learn how to use their powers properly. You, honestly, might go with Aiden...but he has to put clothes on first..."

"It isn't my fault they don't make flame-proof pants, ok!" He called from the drivers seat.

Ciro smirked and sat back, starting to relax. "And from there, you'll have the opportunity to help others who are slaves. And eventually there will be an Abnormal Uprising. I mean, seriously, we're all more powerful than the Normals are...why are we the ones running and hiding? We should be respected."

"Says the sun himself." Emily said, turning around in the front seat to look through the divider.

"Quiet, you..."

Ryeth felt warmth seep into her as Syl settled at her side and the werewolf actually got a genuine smile, a small one, out of her as she put her hand on his head and started to scratch behind his ears gently. Memories of happier times drifted through her mind, times of long grass and wild wind, of sunlight and panting bodies running beside her. It was a good memory, a very good one and the Fae found herself inhaling the scent that was distinctively werewolf and relaxing just a little at the comfort it brought.

She made herself come of her thoughts to contribute to the conversation, knowing it would probably be rude not to, even though all she wanted to do was go to sleep for a few weeks. "I don't care about being top dog or respected. I just want to be free. If I can have that, I'll help any way I can."

Ryeth eyed everyone in the limo for a moment, biting her lip as she debated whether her next question would gain her hostility from the group she didn't even know. In the end, she decided the worst they could do was leave her somewhere and it wasn't like that hadn't happened before, so she asked. "Do I get any say in where I am assigned? You rescued me, and I AM grateful, but..." The Fae took a breath and raised her chin, forcing confidence into her demeanor. "I am not a child and I won't be told where I have to go."

The Fae maintained the tension in her body for only a moment more before letting it go again, too tired to really try at the moment as she sighed and looked out the window, fingers carding through the werewolf's fur still. When she spoke next, it was softer, worn out. "I'm sorry. I'm a mess right now. I just...I don't want to go somewhere I don't know. Again. I know I need training and I don't really have anywhere else to go, but...I'd like to have at least some semblance of a choice."

Syl's tail thumped happily against the seat as he stretched out across her lap. Eventually the scratching lead to him rolling over for belly scratches, his tongue lolling out to the side as he panted happily.

Ciro gave the wolf a look, then just sighed. "Well, I don't see why not." He looked up. "I mean, if there's someone in an area you want to live in that has the knowledge to train someone like you, certainly. Typically you'll be sent to the closest one because it costs money, you know, to send you places." He was really tired all of the sudden. He yawned, covering his mouth. "Sorry."

"Aw, poor Ciro...is it past your bedtime?" Luna smirked, sitting down beside her brother. She had him lay down and put his head in her lap. "Go to sleep, Little Sun...don't you know it's nighttime now?"

He rolled his eyes, but welcomed the warmth of his sister's lap. "Fine, you talk..." It was a full moon, so he trusted his sister tonight. And every night except a lunar eclipse or a new moon.

Just like everyone knew Ciro went a little crazy during a solar eclipse. She smiled, stroking the young Adonis's hair. She looked up at the fae and smiled. "Being an adult, you should have some say, just as you should have some grasp of your powers. "Anatoly and I were found together by one of the safe houses, luckily...we were just children. They say we were three. We were raised in hiding. They didn't know what to do with us. It wasn't until we were 16 that we were finally able to hide our wings, and...as everyone will tell you...being as I am the moon herself, I go through phases..."

He snorted at the pun and adjusted himself in the woman's lap.

She sighed. "It was hard. Anatoly used to run such high fevers all the time..." She looked down at her brother, stroking his forehead for a moment before moving back to his hair. "And if we were separated...well...you can't have the moon without the sun, can you? It was difficult, but we were trained. Those who want to hold a safe house have to have necessary precautions taken and certain training themselves, but usually they try to match hydrokenetics with hydrokenetics and so on." She looked over at the children. "Those two being brothers will help them in the end. Siblings who are like-skilled usually have a much longer survival rate..."

"That's dark, Lulu...maybe not from you, I guess, but..." She looked over at Ryeth and smiled. "They have a better chance of staying hidden. Always have a partner." She looked at Syl. "And, it looks like you might have one with Sylvester...that's good." She smiled. "I've never seen him go this long without humping someone's leg. You must be something special."

Ryeth found herself relaxing even further as the women spoke, feeling a strange net of safety surround her in this unfamiliar setting that was truly surprising. When was the last time she'd felt safe? Had felt...welcome? The Fae realized a little too late that her eyes were growing wet and hastily brushed the tears that slipped out away before they could leave clean trails down her cheeks. She looked away from the others and down at Sylvester, tilting her head slightly so that her ratted red hair fell a bit into his fur. Her fingers continued to scratch him gently whenever he shifted, belly, back, head, she didn't care. And the smell...where it would have thrown others off, she found it reminded her of home. It was nice.

Special? No, being special had gotten her into this mess. It had gotten her people- NO. She didn't want to think about that.

"I'm not special." The denial was automatic and swift in coming, factual and Ryeth looked up at Emily with a very numb expression, almost hallow. It was almost as if she were another person entirely, like she'd left the body of the beat up, distrusting girl who sat on the seat and had become nothing. "I am Fae and the werewolves have always been our allies. My mother always said we are kin spirits in everything but love for the wolf must run and the Fae must stay. We have always been friends, though. The wolves protect the Sidhe from outside harm and the Sidhe give the wolves places to call home when they return. I understand him, that is all."

Ryeth looked down at the werewolf again, smiling just a little, but when she once more looked up, the spell seemed to be broken and the wariness, the faded and tired look returned to her expression as well as the slight tension to her body, a flight or fight response she really couldn't get rid of. Really, though, who could blame her for having it? They all kinda did to some degree.

"Alcmene...you keep speaking of phases.....what kind of phases? And if you and your twin are the physical forms of the sun and moon, how is it that your power is contained so well?" Surely they had a great deal of it.

Ryeth really wasn't sure why she even asked, but she supposed it was because she was afraid to fall asleep right now and she needed the distraction without it leading to questions about her. Besides, it would be good to know about the people she was to be with. As she'd said, it wasn't really like she could go anywhere else, though, now that she thought about it....which group would they think of putting her in? It wasn't like she was just a fire-bender and her powers did kinda play the opposites of each other. The Fae supposed she'd have to ask about that later.

Sylvester kept wagging his tail as she talked. She smelled like the wild he had so long ago walked away from. She smelled like an old friend, even though they had never met...That's what it felt like to him. He felt like he had found an old lost friend. He shifted around again so he was on his stomach and reached his muzzle up to start cleaning the blood and dirt off her face.

"Well, special or not, it's really nice to see him behaving. You balance him out. It's really good to see. Maybe he'll stop chewing up my shoes..."

He turned around to snort at Emily and narrow his eyes at her. He was done putting up with the jokes now. Not in front of his friend, his sister, his....his fae. Not in front of his fae. He turned back around to lick at her face and her neck, wanting to see her clean.

"What do I mean by phases? Well, it's a full moon tonight. In a few more nights, it will be a Gibbous moon, and I get a little...I tend to tell stories more, sometimes I'll speak in rhymes, but usually I just...I flourish..." She shrugged. "At a half moon, I'm a stickler for rules and protocol, at a crescent moon I become....what's the term you used once, Emily?"

"Momma Bear. She Momma Bears. She gets really protective and is able to heal...That's my favorite moon for her. That or the full, when she's...I think the best way to describe it is the physical representation of the goddess of the moon. Calm, collected, fiercely powerful..."

Ciro was slowly drifting off to sleep, but was trying hard to listen to the conversation. "New Moon is when she becomes the worst...the dark side of the moon...the trickster...ornery...flighty...terrible..."

She ran a finger gently down her brother's nose. "Shh...go to sleep....I know how I am at the new moon..." She looked up at Ryethke and smiled. "He doesn't stay up late most nights. He gets less powerful, a little cranky...during a solar eclipse he gets very cranky because I take his power for a few moments...he gets upset. So used to being the center of everything." She smirked, looking down at her brother.

She looked back up at the fae. "As for how we control our powers...a lot of training. Very intense training. Years of being unable to leave the house and experience the world...We were deep in training until we were...till last year. When we could pull our wings in..."

Aiden glanced back at them. "During a new moon, don't do anything to **** her off. I'm serious. Not unless Ciro is right there."

Ryeth found herself trying not to giggle as Sylvester's tongue licked at her, tickling her skin and leaving a sheen of drool behind that she didn't mind in the least. The sensation of laughter in her throat, though, the feeling of amusement and safety that washed over her...it was overwhelming and she soon found herself hugging his neck, stopping him as her body started to shake. Usually she would have pushed the person nearest her away by either ignoring them or simply moving, but she couldn't with the werewolf. He was...kin. He was...he was hers and it didn't matter that they'd only just met. It just didn't matter.

The Sidhe had spoken of this, of a bond between a Fae and a Werewolf, a connection that took place almost instantly when they met. It was one of the rarer bonds as such connections usually appeared in groups - like a whole pack protecting a whole 'family' of Sidhe - but the one-on-one bond wasn't unheard of. Ryeth wasn't all that knowledgeable about it, but if she had to guess, she'd say maybe this is what this was. It was the only way she could explain the fact that she felt perfectly okay with showing any kind of weakness to the wolf, that she was letting him stay when she had such poor control over herself right now.

The Fae pet him gently, her hand still trembling, her whole body really though she tried not to let the others see it as she tried to smile and keep awake, keep stable. "I'll try not to. Both your powers are something I have never heard of. I mean," she frowned, thoughtful. "I've only ever encountered another Abnormal while in captivity, but I've heard of others with different powers and I've never heard anything like what you've said."

She looked down at Syl for a moment, seeking another topic, anything really and the question just seemed to blurt out of her. "Which group do you think I might go in?" Ryeth bit her lip, drawing blood from the cracked surface. "I only ask because....I really don't know how to control my fire, but I've always grown up knowing how to control the earth. The two powers...don't always get along, though. Can anyone help me with that?"

Feeling her weakness, Sylvester shifted suddenly back to human, straddling her lap. He moved quickly, however, sitting beside her and pulling her into his lap. He put his arms around her, not minding his lack of pants as long as she didn't, and held her close to his strong chest. He put his chin on her shoulder and sighed. "If you want to talk about something special, it's those two. We don't even really know what they are. There aren't any more like them, at least not that The Network has picked up."

"We are the only two of our kind." She said softly, staring down at her brother. She kept tracing gentle patterns over his face, silently willing him to go to sleep.

The car fell silent for a moment, both the werewolf and the blood bender looking at the twins. Emily finally looked up to answer the fae's other question. "You'll go to someone who can help you control what you can't control, so probably a pyrokenetic. If you've got the terrakenetic stuff down, you don't need training in it. And if anyone gives you shit there, tell me and I'll pull the blood out of their bodies." She smirked.

"You know, if you want, I can train you." He glanced back again, then forward. It was such a long drive to where they were going. He was just glad the limo was outfitted with a larger gas tank than normal...and that Sylvester wasn't in his big scary 10-foot-tall war form, weighing down the car. They couldn't really stop for gas like they were. He burned off his clothes, Ciro and Alcmene ripped theirs with their wings, the werewolf didn't keep pants on if you paid him, and Emily's dress was stained with blood...and it really would look weird having a well-dressed woman walk out at a gas station to fill up a limo while the driver sat in the car...

While Sylvester's shift had been surprising - especially that awkward moment when he was on her lap - when the werewolf had pulled her into his lap, she hadn't protested. And still wasn't. The lack of clothing didn't bother her as she'd grown up around the wolves, knew their habits and well, frankly, modesty hadn't been something she could maintain in the last three years anyway, and she knew Syl wasn't going to look at her, think about her like the Trader's had. She'd extend the same courtesy, simply leaning back against him and leaning her head against his own. To her amazement, the trembles grew less severe and almost stopped altogether, leaving her with a sense of contentment that she secretly hoped wouldn't leave.

In fact...this whole group was starting to look like a safe place. The only thing Ryeth was unsure about - well, the most prominent thing - was whether she felt safe with them because they were the first decent people she'd encountered in a while...or because she could actually grow to like their company? Did it matter, though? Could she EVER fit into this tight-knit of a group? Because they were. With every look between them, every smile and smirk, every touch and detail they shared about each other, it became more and more apparent that this wasn't just a rescue unit. They were a FAMILY...and it had a been a long time since Ryeth had had one of those. Would she even be welcome in such a bonded gang?

The Fae frowned a little, wondering why such thoughts were bothering her in the first place. She didn't want to be close to people...right? Getting close meant getting hurt....or hurting. Getting close was bad. And yet, as she relaxed into Sylvester's arms, the Fae couldn't make herself want to distance herself. It was maddening and she forced herself not to focus on it right now, looking toward Aiden and then Emily, and then between the two of them with a confused expression. She tilted her head away from Sylvester's a bit so she wasn't talking right in his ear.

"Why...why would you WANT to train me?" She glanced at Emily again. "Help me?" Frowning, she held up a hand to stop their answers, realizing that she was being too vague. "I mean, personally. You could just pass me off to anyone. You are all a family, I can see that clearly. I don't want to mess you up."

That was really all she seemed to know how to do with consistency.

"A family? Us?" Sylvester laughed. "Right." He nuzzled into the fae's neck, enjoying her scent. "The twins are, sure...then you've got fire **** driving, and the ***** that pulls blood out of people, and they all threaten me with rolled up newspapers..."

Emily smirked and shook her head. "We're a team. We work together to do stuff like we did tonight. It's our job to rescue people, but after this? I go home to my apartment, Fire-Butt goes home to his house, the twins go to their house...Syl lives with Aiden right now I think?" She looked at the driver.

"Yeah. Hey, Syl, give me your pants."

"They're my pants."

"You don't even like pants!"

"Fine. You can have my pants...." He huffed a sigh into his fae's neck. "They're so mean to me!"

"Oh yes, horribly mean. We take away things you never wanted in the first place." She leaned over and grabbed the discarded pants and handed them to Aiden, who pulled over real quick to put the pants on. "My **** was cold, man....Emily's got the **** AC cranked all the way up..." He glanced back and smiled, then looked ahead as he started driving again. "And I would teach you, dear, because I'm a pyrokenetic...."

"Family that doesn't live together is still a family." Ryeth whispered, unsure why she was even arguing the point as she as reached up a hand to scratch Sylvester's hair gently, treating him exactly the same way she would if he were in his wolf form because to her, he was...even as he wasn't. A werewolf was a wolf, no matter what form they took and by being affectionate with him in both forms, she silently communicated to him that she accepted him just they way he was...and that she enjoyed his affection toward her, too, no matter how strange it seemed since they knew nothing about each other. It certainly didn't feel strange. It felt like home.

The Fae bit her lip again, listening to the others talk, but this time to stifle a grin. HOW were these people making her so relaxed?

"Well then, Aiden, I accept your offer. You are the only Pyro I know, after all." She smiled just a little, adding more so as not to seem ungrateful or like she was being demeaning since she wasn't. "I trust you'll be a good teacher....though, I can't say as much for my status as a student. Apparently I am more trouble than I am worth."

Ryeth leaned her head back against Sylvester and closed her eyes, feeling exhaustion creeping up on her. She shifted in his lap just slightly trying to get comfortable. Everything hurt. Her face throbbed from the blows she'd received and she was sure two of her ribs were bruised if not cracked. Her whole body just ached and protested being awake anymore. Her mind was tired of taking in so much information and it was starting to get almost forceful in its demand for an escape. Ryeth just wasn't sure she could sleep, not when she had no idea where she was heading or what was REALLY going to happen to her when the car stopped.

She attempted to stay awake despite her closed eyes by tugging softly on Syl's hair, a teasing lilt, barely there, in her voice. "Sure you don't deserve those newspaper threats, Mutt?"

Sylvester readily accepted the gesture, wishing he had his tail bag to wag. He didn't like this human form. No fur so he got cold, no teeth and claws...punching people was fun...but really...he was born a wolf and was in his wolf form most of the time. But right now, his Fae needed him to hold her, and he could only do that with arms and he knew Aiden would be mad at him if he took his war form, something about it being too heavy for the car-beast. Stupid. She was warm though, so she kept him from being cold., and didn't mind his lack of pants...so he was happy. He huffed at everyone else. "Maybe once or twice, but I don't pee in the house anymore! You should sleep, Fae. I will protect you." He glared at the others. "Let her sleep now. No more talking." He leaned to the side until he was laying on his side stretched out on the bench seat, holding Rythe with him. He tried to curl around her protectively, wanting her to know she's safe.

Emily yawned and nodded herself. "Yeah, ok." She turned around in her seat and looked at Aiden. "How much longer?"

"Like, an hour...you can sleep too. I'll be fine."

Ryeth let herself be moved. She really didn't have have the energy to protest right now and had to admit that laying down made her body much happier with her. And having her werewolf curled around her made everything better. And that wasn't strange. At all. The Fae smiled, eyes closed again and curled her body into Sylvester's, partly because he was warm and safe...and partly because after three years, it was a habit to make one's self as small as possible. With her knees drawn up, she could protect her middle from a kick and by putting her head in her arms, she could protect her face. The fact that her body almost groaned at the position did nothing to deter her as she started to drift off.

Even as she did, though, Ryeth couldn't help that her thoughts spun in dizzying circles. Just a few hours before, she'd been a slave, looking at yet another future where an owner bought her and abused her. And now....here she was, suddenly - VERY suddenly - bonded to a werewolf -Her werewolf - and traveling to an unknown destination with the promise from some very strange, but nice Abnormals - the other half of her heritage - that she'd be safe and trained and well...cared for.

Yeah, it was lot to take in even as her mind finally drifted off and her body relaxed into sleep.

An hour or so later, the car stopped and Syl carried her out of the car. They were in a parking garage somewhere, quickly moving into a freight elevator. Elevators made Syl nervous, but he had his fae and he had to be strong for her, even if she was asleep. They rode the elevator down to a deeper basement level and stepped out, through a few doors, a security check, and a few more doors. Finally, Syl could shift up into his big war-form and carry her against her fur where he knew she should feel safe. He sat down on the floor in an office and shifted her a bit so she'd still be comfortable, trying his best to keep her asleep the whole time.

Ciro protested when his sister woke him up but followed everyone just the same, taking the two brothers into his arms as he left the car. He followed everyone into the office and sat down on the couch, putting the boys together on one of the cushions and taking the third boy from Emily as she walked in with him. He put that boy with the others and yawned, trying hard to stay awake.

Emily took another chair in the office, yawning some herself. She was really tired after all the excitement, then such a boring car ride.

Aiden walked in, holding the last door for Alcmene since her arms were full. He took a seat beside Emily, rubbing his eyes.

Alcmene was the last to walk in, carrying the body of the young girl, now wrapped in a white sheet. She sat down beside her brother and kinda stared at the body in her arms.

A man walked in, wearing a sharp black suit with a black shirt and a black tie. He looked around at them and nodded. "Only one casualty? You could have done better..."

"They surprised us. We thought all of the guards would be inside the building. They weren't." He said sourly, looking up.

"I see. Well, you will know for next time, won't you?"

"Yes, sir..." He grumbled, slouching down in his chair.

"What all do we have here?" He asked, looking around.

Sylvester nosed his fae gently, wanting to rouse her from her sleep without startling her. "Ryethke knows....Ryeth, wake up...we're here..."